Official Newcastle United FC Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Official Newcastle United FC Thread 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 7, 2021 6:19 pm

Welcome to the official thread of the 2025 Premier League title winners! The new Kings of Europe!! :king:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: Official Newcastle United FC Thread 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Oct 7, 2021 6:21 pm

Congrats to all the loyal Nufc supporters! You're in for a great ride.

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#3 » by ken6199 » Thu Oct 7, 2021 11:22 pm

Finally it's time to declare myself as a Toon army and dig out that 2003 champions league jersey :D
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#4 » by HIF » Fri Oct 8, 2021 7:48 am

They have always been known as a real football club with a mass of loyal and local supporters. I'm happy for them that they have got rid of the leech but I'm not sure how they'll feel in 5 years when all the plastics are following them.

Surely they'll quickly replace Spurs as an acknowledged BIG 6 club now they have both the money and the history.

I remember the glory days with Malcolm Macdonald and Bobby Moncur.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,186

Post#5 » by Mamba81p » Fri Oct 8, 2021 2:06 pm

More blood money coming into European football. Not good. Between PSG, Man City, Chelsea this is the worst acquisition by far
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,623

Post#6 » by Baphomet » Fri Oct 8, 2021 2:56 pm

HIF wrote:They have always been known as a real football club with a mass of loyal and local supporters. I'm happy for them that they have got rid of the leech but I'm not sure how they'll feel in 5 years when all the plastics are following them.

Surely they'll quickly replace Spurs as an acknowledged BIG 6 club now they have both the money and the history.

I would rather not be part of any so-called big six if it meant not being run by a despotic sportswashing operation.
ken6199
Forum Mod - Rockets
Forum Mod - Rockets
And1: 18,558

Post#7 » by ken6199 » Fri Oct 8, 2021 3:25 pm

Baphomet wrote:
HIF wrote:They have always been known as a real football club with a mass of loyal and local supporters. I'm happy for them that they have got rid of the leech but I'm not sure how they'll feel in 5 years when all the plastics are following them.

I would rather not be part of any so-called big six if it meant not being run by a despotic sportswashing operation.

I never bought into this big 6 thing. If you call yourself a big, it should mean you have a guaranteed champions league spot, not a champions league contender. Arsenal finished just 4 pts over the #11 Southampton and they call themselves big 6? No way. Even when Leeds United were big 4 back in the days they went to the champions league semi playing exciting football, now that's a true big. Big 6 out of 20 teams (almost one third) is too watered down of a term.
RealGM loves you, Melissa.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,623

Post#8 » by Baphomet » Fri Oct 8, 2021 8:39 pm

ken6199 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

I never bought into this big 6 thing. If you call yourself a big, it should mean you have a guaranteed champions league spot, not a champions league contender. Arsenal finished just 4 pts over the #11 Southampton and they call themselves big 6? No way. Even when Leeds United were big 4 back in the days they went to the champions league semi playing exciting football, now that's a true big. Big 6 out of 20 teams (almost one third) is too watered down of a term.

Oh I agree completely. The "big 6" concept is something that Sky Sports have been pushing for the last decade here in the UK, with the goal of driving up viewership and subscriptions. It has very little to do with merit. It's partly why Sky's outrage at the failed Super League coup back in the spring was so comically hypocritical, they themselves have been driving the notion of walled gardens for years.

To be clear though, I have nothing against Newcastle. Great club, great fans. I'm glad that they're free of Mike Ashley. However, in the broader scheme of things, the PIF consortium and those who operate it represent something far darker and insidious for football and society than the shady business dealings of Mike Ashley. I've been over this before when discussing Chelsea, PSG and City and I'm sure people are tired of hearing me rant on about the ethics of allowing oligarchs and absolute monarchist states to further corrupt the game of football by using historic football clubs as sportswashing enterprises.

The Premier League has openly supported taking the knee, the women's game, and LGBTQ rights. It's a huge slap in the face to social justice to then allow groups with appalling human rights records to run football clubs, and shows how paltry, hollow and easily bought their justice really is. The sad fact is that the UK trades with and essentially helps fund the Saudi regime, so our shambolic government and theirs are inextricably linked, and it should be noted that PIF invests in many other UK companies too. Which begs the question: Where do we draw the line? A North Korean consortium buying Burnley?
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,456

Post#9 » by Foye » Sat Oct 9, 2021 9:59 am

Baphomet wrote:
ken6199 wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

Oh I agree completely. The "big 6" concept is something that Sky Sports have been pushing for the last decade here in the UK, with the goal of driving up viewership and subscriptions. It has very little to do with merit. It's partly why Sky's outrage at the failed Super League coup back in the spring was so comically hypocritical, they themselves have been driving the notion of walled gardens for years.

To be clear though, I have nothing against Newcastle. Great club, great fans. I'm glad that they're free of Mike Ashley. However, in the broader scheme of things, the PIF consortium and those who operate it represent something far darker and insidious for football and society than the shady business dealings of Mike Ashley. I've been over this before when discussing Chelsea, PSG and City and I'm sure people are tired of hearing me rant on about the ethics of allowing oligarchs and absolute monarchist states to further corrupt the game of football by using historic football clubs as sportswashing enterprises.

The Premier League has openly supported taking the knee, the women's game, and LGBTQ rights. It's a huge slap in the face to social justice to then allow groups with appalling human rights records to run football clubs, and shows how paltry, hollow and easily bought their justice really is. The sad fact is that the UK trades with and essentially helps fund the Saudi regime, so our shambolic government and theirs are inextricably linked, and it should be noted that PIF invests in many other UK companies too. Which begs the question: Where do we draw the line? A North Korean consortium buying Burnley?

Money is always more important than moral justice. :wink:
HIF
RealGM

Post#10 » by HIF » Sat Oct 9, 2021 10:21 am

Sadly for Dyche, North Korea could not afford to buy Burnley FC.

ckman
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,194

Post#11 » by ckman » Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:37 pm

I've been ignoring Newcastle for more than 10 years , can't stand Fat Ashley , it's about time i can enjoy my team playing again , can't wait to see the back of Fat Bruce too
HIF
RealGM

Post#12 » by HIF » Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:14 pm

ckman wrote:I've been ignoring Newcastle for more than 10 years , can't stand Fat Ashley , it's about time i can enjoy my team playing again , can't wait to see the back of Fat Bruce too

But your happy with Fat Wallet?

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#13 » by stormi » Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:17 pm

In. Been supporting this club since day 1
WillFairfax89
Ballboy
And1: 1

Post#14 » by WillFairfax89 » Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:40 am

Frankly speaking, the fact that NUFC was last in the Top-4 during the days of Bobby Robson and Alan Shearer worries me much more than the legality of the new owners. Tired of watching other teams win medals and cups, while we have been suffering at the bottom for the past ten years without the slightest hope for a bright future. Now we can at least start dreaming ...
HIF
RealGM

Post#15 » by HIF » Mon May 29, 2023 10:36 am

Down on the 3rd page. I expect this to gain traction next season. Plastics, hope you enjoy maddison.

Return to The General Soccer Board