Transfer Thread 2022/23

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,700

Re: Transfer Thread 2022/23 

Post#41 » by stormi » Sat May 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Mbappe is so unbelievably real for this.
stormi
General Manager

Post#42 » by stormi » Sat May 21, 2022 10:55 pm

Real smugly blowing off Håland to pursue Mbappe and lost out on both. LOL.
SgtPepper
Junior
And1: 145

Post#43 » by SgtPepper » Sun May 22, 2022 3:44 pm

Eh not really. Haaland was super overpriced and high bust risk for Madrid in the first place. I was happy to hear he's off the market because Madrid would have probably Jovic'ed him. Mbappe was always a ?? because a player that good entering free transfer basically has the whole market available, and the worst press bloviating was by the incompetent la liga rep Tebas who has most often been at odds with Madrid and has only complimented them recently as an example of a well run la liga franchise post-COVID.

From my POV Madrid's biggest need was RW and I've been hoping for Gnabry or Dembele.
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,458

Post#44 » by Foye » Mon May 23, 2022 1:18 pm

stormi wrote:Mbappe is so unbelievably real for this.

Guess the salary in Paris is a bit better than Real Madrid. :lol:
stormi
General Manager

Post#45 » by stormi » Mon May 23, 2022 2:34 pm

SgtPepper wrote:Eh not really. Haaland was super overpriced and high bust risk for Madrid in the first place. I was happy to hear he's off the market because Madrid would have probably Jovic'ed him. Mbappe was always a ?? because a player that good entering free transfer basically has the whole market available, and the worst press bloviating was by the incompetent la liga rep Tebas who has most often been at odds with Madrid and has only complimented them recently as an example of a well run la liga franchise post-COVID.

From my POV Madrid's biggest need was RW and I've been hoping for Gnabry or Dembele.

TBH Håland is very very overrated and I don't know how he's going to fit into Pep's system considering he's a counter attacking 9 and not great with the ball at his feet. He's closer to Lukaku than he is to Lewa/Kane/Benz.

Mbappe to Madrid would have broken football. He needs to go to Barça in 3 years for the storylines.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 858

Post#46 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:21 pm

Tielemans to Arsenal for £25 mill possibly
Boubacar Kamara to Villa is done (Yay)
Tarkowski to Everton/Villa possibly
Botman to AC Milan/Villa possibly
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#47 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon May 23, 2022 3:48 pm

More transfer news:

Christian Eriksen is being tracked by 3 Prem clubs including Brentford.
PSG(Mbappe and Campos) wants Frenkie De Jong and Ekitike
Tchouameni is likely to end up at Liverpool
Origi to AC Milan is wrapped up
Barcelona will not be signing Adama
Sterling is unlikely to join Arsenal
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#48 » by HIF » Mon May 23, 2022 4:08 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:More transfer news:

Christian Eriksen is being tracked by 3 Prem clubs including Brentford.
PSG(Mbappe and Campos) wants Frenkie De Jong and Ekitike
Tchouameni is likely to end up at Liverpool
Origi to AC Milan is wrapped up
Barcelona will not be signing Adama
Sterling is unlikely to join Arsenal

Eriksen could come to Leicester I guess - the Kasper connection. I wouldn't say no but he's not a Tielemans replacement, he doesn't play defence.
PSG were stacked more than anyone this year. it didn't help them though. Football is about team as well as individuals.
Liverpool will still cry about Man city purchases even though they are getting great players.
Origi - overrated
Barcelona only want players for free
Sterling is no way going to Arsenal. With them finishing 5th they won't be getting any established CL stars.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#49 » by HIF » Mon May 23, 2022 4:13 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:Tielemans to Arsenal for £25 mill possibly

So many decent players going to Villa, it'll be interesting. Do you agree that they underperformed with their lineup this year?
Tielemans will go where the money is but I think the team needs to be CL. I think it'll be embarrassing for him to go to a europa league team.
Tarkowski, we wanted him for years and he'd have been good for us this year with our injuries but I'm not sure we'll want him now. He's really only a 3rd/4th CB for a top prem team. I'd take him as long as we also get another ball playing CB as well. Cags will be sold and we'd like to get rid of Vestergaard but doubt anyone will take him from us.

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#50 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:25 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Tielemans to Arsenal for £25 mill possibly

So many decent players going to Villa, it'll be interesting. Do you agree that they underperformed with their lineup this year?
Tielemans will go where the money is but I think the team needs to be CL. I think it'll be embarrassing for him to go to a europa league team.
Tarkowski, we wanted him for years and he'd have been good for us this year with our injuries but I'm not sure we'll want him now. He's really only a 3rd/4th CB for a top prem team. I'd take him as long as we also get another ball playing CB as well. Cags will be sold and we'd like to get rid of Vestergaard but doubt anyone will take him from us.

Definitely underachieved/underperformed, our squad is good so we have no business finishing in 14th. Apart of that is how we started and our disrupted summer with Grealish leaving and us not prepared for it, then Terry and another one of our player coaches leaving. Then Smith getting the sack too, I think Gerrard has done a decentish job. For the last 3 years we have needed a solid midfield and we barely invested in it likewise defending. Gerrard is going to get his players and now it's up to him to get them to how he wants them to be.

We are a soft team maybe the softest in the prem, as soon as a team scores against us I just know we are losing. Remember most of our core as well was the same core that barely survived in our first season back in the prem. Some much needed surgery is required for us to be a serious outfit.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:28 pm

Fraser Forster to Spurs - Good back up goalkeeper.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#52 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon May 23, 2022 4:36 pm

I know it sounds crazy, but keep a close eye on Mane to Bayern. It's a real possibility, Liverpool will sell as they've pretty much replaced their 3 of Salah, Mane and Frimino...
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#53 » by SgtPepper » Mon May 23, 2022 5:59 pm

stormi wrote:TBH Håland is very very overrated and I don't know how he's going to fit into Pep's system considering he's a counter attacking 9 and not great with the ball at his feet. He's closer to Lukaku than he is to Lewa/Kane/Benz.

Mbappe to Madrid would have broken football. He needs to go to Barça in 3 years for the storylines.

Messi to PSG was supposed to break football last year, but PSG went out with a whimper.
For all the railing of the credible financial parity and uncompetitive competition design, the low scoring nature of the sport and the poisson distribution of scoring mean than no matter how mismatched 2 sides are on talent in a fixture the underdog has better odds of upsetting than in most other sports.

Barca are basically a Spanish Man Utd right now thanks to the self-harm they've done in the last 2 windows. I don't see them in the top tier of clubs currently. Maybe Pep returns in a year and rejuvenates them, but I don't see them competing in the ballpark required to attract a peak wc player like Mbappe on their current trajectory.
stormi
General Manager

Post#54 » by stormi » Mon May 23, 2022 6:19 pm

SgtPepper wrote:
stormi wrote:TBH Håland is very very overrated and I don't know how he's going to fit into Pep's system considering he's a counter attacking 9 and not great with the ball at his feet. He's closer to Lukaku than he is to Lewa/Kane/Benz.

Messi to PSG was supposed to break football last year, but PSG went out with a whimper.
For all the railing of the credible financial parity and uncompetitive competition design, the low scoring nature of the sport and the poisson distribution of scoring mean than no matter how mismatched 2 sides are on talent in a fixture the underdog has better odds of upsetting than in most other sports.

You can't compare a 34 year old Messi joining PSG to the potential addition of a 23 year old Mbappe to a team that already comfortably won their league and is about to compete in the CL final. The gluttonous amounts of young elite talent hoarding by the same 2 or 3 domineering clubs just gets exhausting to follow in general.

It's better for the sport for Mbappe to stay in Paris or to go to United or Barça then to join up with Benzema and Vini and mow through La Liga until they get bored.
SgtPepper
Junior

Post#55 » by SgtPepper » Mon May 23, 2022 6:42 pm

Messi won the BdO this year and top scorer in LL for his final Barca year. It was definitely comparable, and the football press were going nuts about it at the right pitch.

Madrid comfortably won the league (by the largest margin in la liga history actually) because this year featured an imploding Barcelona and an Atleti which may be the weakest of the last decade. In fact over that time I think the most competitive Real sides in la liga were 2010-12, 2015-16. Next season Madrid is still in this structurally precarious situation as many of the best starters are 31+ and due for a decline shortly. For all we know this moment is a local peak for a while.

And I'm worried about the league because both Atleti and Barca are in rebuild phases and could botch it up badly. The top of the league has the potential to go the way of serie A, though Spain as a talent incubator is much better.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#56 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue May 24, 2022 12:52 pm

Kounde to Chelsea looks to be on for €80 mill. Would be a good signing
Gvardiol to Chelsea Tuchel admires him.
Chelsea have 'fallen' out the race for Tchouameni with Liverpool and Real Madrid front runners
West Ham have set a 150 mill price tag on Rice
Chelsea are interested in Sterling (very good signing in my opinion for chelsea) - Will move Pulisic, Werner or Ziyech for him
Tottenham are going to activate Romero's 40 mill clause
Suarez - Villa bound or another team in Europe

I'll keep updating you guys with transfer news from either outlets online or what I hear at work when I can if you guys want?
HIF
RealGM

Post#57 » by HIF » Tue May 24, 2022 1:02 pm

So chelsea have no owner but they can still make £80m purchases. ;-)

HIF
RealGM

Post#58 » by HIF » Tue May 24, 2022 1:06 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:Kounde to Chelsea looks to be on for €80 mill. Would be a good signing
Chelsea have 'fallen' out the race for Tchouameni with Liverpool and Real Madrid front runners
Chelsea are interested in Sterling (very good signing in my opinion for chelsea) - Will move Pulisic, Werner or Ziyech for him

I'll keep updating you guys with transfer news from either outlets online or what I hear at work when I can if you guys want?

Chelsea are buying the world.
No-one is going to pay that for Rice. He's a very good player but they'll be fortunate to get half of that for him.
Sterling would be a good signing anywhere. A really underrated player.
Chelsea would be laughing to get rid of their junk - pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, Lukaku and half a dozen others but why would anyone buy them? I'm sure their are very few teams who can afford their salary and those that can could buy better players for less.
Villa are Chelsea in disguise and are also buying the world. :D

Keep up the good work so that I can continue my disparaging.

HIF
RealGM

Post#59 » by HIF » Tue May 24, 2022 1:08 pm

Hey LDN,

I read that Arsenal are in for Tielemans (though why he would go to a Europa league team confuses me) but that there were also 2 other teams asking for him. Do you know who they are?

LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer

Post#60 » by LDNMagic90 » Tue May 24, 2022 1:20 pm

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:Kounde to Chelsea looks to be on for €80 mill. Would be a good signing

Chelsea are buying the world.
No-one is going to pay that for Rice. He's a very good player but they'll be fortunate to get half of that for him.
Sterling would be a good signing anywhere. A really underrated player.
Chelsea would be laughing to get rid of their junk - pulisic, Werner, Ziyech, Lukaku and half a dozen others but why would anyone buy them? I'm sure their are very few teams who can afford their salary and those that can could buy better players for less.
Villa are Chelsea in disguise and are also buying the world. :D

Keep up the good work so that I can continue my disparaging.

Haha it will be hard for them to find suitors for the 4 of them, because their wages and how they’ve performed I’d imagine Pulisic and Werner getting a lot of interest. I agree on Rice I think 150 mill is crazy money for him it’s just the English tax he’s probably worth 70ish?

Hahaha yeah it seems like villa are buying everyone right now I would imagine we have a lot going out from the club as well.

Thanks I’ll keep updating you guys when I can

Return to The General Soccer Board