Mbappe Snubs Real Madrid

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,556

Re: OT: Mbappe Snubs Real Madrid 

Post#181 » by Raps in 4 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:40 am

GSP wrote:Havent read through the thread but whats the Nba equivalent of this? Twitter was flooded with this and i dont even follow or look for soccer posts. Was it like Bron decisioning Cleveland?

Imagine Mbappe is Luka.

Also imagine there is no salary cap in the NBA.
And also imagine that the Mavs are actually located in New York.

The Lakers then believe that Luka is destined to sign with them because they're the Lakers. They offer him $200 millon.

Shiekh Cuban then decides to use his oil money to increase his offer to Luka to $500 million. Luka then re-signs with the Mavs.

The Lakers and their fans then throw a tantrum, with the Lakers even threatening to sue the Mavs because they signed the player they wanted to sign.
Pinpilinpauxa
Sophomore
And1: 154

Post#182 » by Pinpilinpauxa » Mon May 23, 2022 1:33 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
HabsAndDubs wrote:
DaPessimist wrote:Can you really become the GOAT if you play your entire career in the French league?

Honest question.

If you play your entire career in France it’s like trying to claim that you’re the best basketball player of all time but you played your entire career in spain, dominating everyone except NBA competition

He’ll be soccer Arvydas Sabonis

There is no such thing as a competitive European soccer league. They're all jokes, just to varying degrees. Spain, with Barcelona sputtering, isn't going to be much more competitive than France for the foreseeable future.

Last year Atlético won the Spanish league, Villarreal won europa league over M. U. a competition that has been won by Spanish clubs 7 times out of the last 10 years (Atlético 2, Sevilla 4, Villareal 1) .

In the last 10 years 0 european titles for the french league.

Barcelona could disapear and La liga would still be much more competitive than the French league.

That said 0 sympathy for Madrid.
ArksNetsSince99
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,042

Post#183 » by ArksNetsSince99 » Mon May 23, 2022 2:21 pm

Roscoe Sheed wrote:I still cannot understand the appeal of soccer- I've tried, but I just can't get into it. I've got friends who love it and think it is the best sport in the world, but I'd rather watch at least 6 other sports than soccer.

You’ll never get it then , same way as most europeans will never ever watch baseball or American football , it’s just boring AF to most of us
Tracymcgoaty
RealGM
And1: 16,260

Post#184 » by Tracymcgoaty » Mon May 23, 2022 9:43 pm

Pinpilinpauxa wrote:
Tracymcgoaty wrote:
Pinpilinpauxa wrote:
He is very good as an striker, maybe the best since Ronaldo (Brazilian R9) but he isnt even close to what Messi was.

Messi was unstopable in the 1 vs 1,2,3... and the best final passer since Michael Laudrup. Mbape is a killer super fast as Ronaldo was (maybe faster but not as skilled and strong) but not as trascendent in the game as Messi i dont think he has the potencial to become as good as Messi.

Can he become better than Cristiano Ronaldo? Maybe but Cr7 was a beast athlete, a super complete player and the hardest worker and the best competitor i have ever seen. He gave a runn to Messi a much better player because he is a goat hard worker.

In my opinion he's not even close to what prime R9 was lol. We talking about Messi going 1v3. R9 pre knee injuries was going 1V5. Defenders had to manhandle him.

Did you saw him at Barcelona and first year at Inter at his prime? He was amazing pure strength, speed and skills.

He had amazing goals like the one vs Compostela or the one vs Valencia but he wasnt a pure 1vs1 player like Messi. Of course he was awesome an a pure joy to watch such a great player but he needed space and he used his power and speed more than Messi. Messis "regates" (Driblings? No idea how its said in English) were from other planet, he didnt need space he just had the ball glued to his feet.

As a Real Sociedad "socio" for more than 30 years i sufered both

Amazing player. Saw him as a kid at Inter pre injury and i've never seen a striker like him since. Just pure raw talent. My football idol.

Seen highlights of him at Barcelona and it was like watching a giant play with toddlers. The lighting quick speed coupled with amazing skills was incredible to watch. Watching that goal against Compostela and seeing their coach Bobby Robson i believe just putting his hands up in the air shaking in disbelief at what he saw is legendary lol.

;t=30s
Raul
“The other day I saw one of his games. He was running with the ball at a hundred per cent full speed, I don’t know how many touches he took, maybe five or six, but the ball was glued to his foot. It’s practically impossible.”
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,605

Post#185 » by dc » Mon May 23, 2022 10:04 pm

Raps in 4 wrote:
GSP wrote:Havent read through the thread but whats the Nba equivalent of this? Twitter was flooded with this and i dont even follow or look for soccer posts. Was it like Bron decisioning Cleveland?

Imagine Mbappe is Luka.

The Lakers then believe that Luka is destined to sign with them because they're the Lakers. They offer him $200 millon.

Shiekh Cuban then decides to use his oil money to increase his offer to Luka to $500 million. Luka then re-signs with the Mavs.

The Lakers and their fans then throw a tantrum, with the Lakers even threatening to sue the Mavs because they signed the player they wanted to sign.

That's a near perfect description.

In the NBA as we know it, the fans and media "expect" that a guy like Giannis will remain loyal to his small market and build his small market team into a contender. And the league inserts rules to make this happen. If Giannis leaves, he's branded as some guy with no loyalty or mental fortitude to stick it out with his original club.

If the NBA was like the UEFA universe, it would be a FORMALITY that he eventually signs with the Lakers. If he stays with his original team, he's viewed as some small timer with no aspirations to be the best and win at the highest level.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Sugarless
Starter
And1: 1,978

Post#186 » by Sugarless » Sat May 28, 2022 9:40 pm

Told ya. Who the hell cares about Mbappé now?

:rock:
Freighttrain
Analyst
And1: 7,080

Post#187 » by Freighttrain » Sat May 28, 2022 9:44 pm

Sugarless wrote:Told ya. Who the hell cares about Mbappé now?

If he wants to stay in a farmers league and get his money, so be it. Have fun :lol:
Bruin
RealGM
And1: 38,641

Post#188 » by Bruin » Sat May 28, 2022 9:50 pm

Real will ALWAYS be absolute class regardless of a player deciding to stay in a Farmers league for oil money
dc
Head Coach
And1: 8,605

Post#189 » by dc » Sat May 28, 2022 10:40 pm

I do find it quite ironic that people will watch the NBA and watch in disgust that KD joined the Warriors but then be all confused and bewildered when a guy like Mbappe says no to RM.

"How dare he! He's being a fool!"

And RM is far more successful than any just about any American sporting franchise. Like, how much more help do they need? Incredible difference in culture, LOL.
Brian Geltzeiler: You see Mark Jackson getting a head coaching job as early as next year?

Adrian Wojnarowski: Not if people make calls on him. Not if an organization is doing their homework and knows all the things he brings with him.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,012

Post#190 » by Pharmcat » Sun May 29, 2022 1:25 am

Freighttrain wrote:
Sugarless wrote:Told ya. Who the hell cares about Mbappé now?

If he wants to stay in a farmers league and get his money, so be it. Have fun :lol:

RM just needs to spread that 200 around to get some
Younger players .
LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Post#191 » by LAL1947 » Sun May 29, 2022 1:31 am

dc wrote:
Raps in 4 wrote:

Imagine Mbappe is Luka.

That's a near perfect description.

It would be a perfect description... if it made mention of how signing Luka for $500m would be completely against the CBA because "Sheikh Cuban" decided not to pay any Luxury Tax he would owe because of it... and dared the NBA to take him to court to collect. :P
Bobbcats
Assistant Coach
And1: 477

Post#192 » by Bobbcats » Sun May 29, 2022 1:49 am

The rage of some soccer fans about this in contrast to how this would look in the NBA is hilarious. Mbappe joining Real Madrid after they beat him and his hometown team then win CL would be a way worse look than Durant to the Warriors, but in the soccer world it seems half of people think staying is more outrageous
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,990

Post#193 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:22 pm

Just asked to leave PSG lmao. Dude is more disloyal than KD. Went from signing a extension to wanting to leave in a few months.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,867

Post#194 » by UcanUwill » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:32 pm

Shock Defeat wrote:Just asked to leave PSG lmao. Dude is more disloyal than KD. Went from signing a extension to wanting to leave in a few months.

That ego can't take the fact he is number 3 of their 3 men striking unit, and the fact the other 2 are also far more beloved. Fun player to watch, but not a likable personality.
Joshyjess
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,957

Post#195 » by Joshyjess » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:38 pm

UcanUwill wrote:1 million a week, geez.

I was offered that kind of money once - turned it down. Figured I'd hate to get spoiled or something. :hoop:
Pelon chingon
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,169

Post#196 » by Pelon chingon » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:41 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Is this dude better than Ronaldo?

Chicharito better than both of em. :D
CraftylikeaFox
Sixth Man
And1: 2,249

Post#197 » by CraftylikeaFox » Wed Oct 12, 2022 6:41 pm

UcanUwill wrote:
Shock Defeat wrote:Just asked to leave PSG lmao. Dude is more disloyal than KD. Went from signing a extension to wanting to leave in a few months.

That ego can't take the fact he is number 3 of their 3 men striking unit, and the fact the other 2 are also far more beloved. Fun player to watch, but not a likable personality.

100% an ego thing. Dude hasn't been happy since they signed Messi.
Shock Defeat
General Manager
And1: 16,990

Post#198 » by Shock Defeat » Wed Oct 12, 2022 7:11 pm

UcanUwill wrote:

He wants to score goals. He sees Haaland being the most talked about young striker while he's at PSG getting outshone by Messi and Neymar. He wants what Haaland has, he wants to be the most talked about player in football and monopolize the goals that his club scores.
kombayn
Assistant Coach
And1: 746

Post#199 » by kombayn » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:01 am

Mbappe is immature.
Dan Z
RealGM
And1: 7,260

Post#200 » by Dan Z » Fri Oct 14, 2022 6:15 am

I recently did an illustration of Kylian Mbappe for The Ringer. You can read the story here:
https://www.theringer.com/2022/8/24/23319014/22-goals-kylian-mbappe-2018-russia-world-cup

Return to The General Soccer Board