2022-23 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Re: 2022-23 English Premier League Discussion Thread 

Post#1241 » by HIF » Mon May 29, 2023 10:01 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:Looks like I'll be on my own in the championship thread :-)

Commiserations HIF, it’s a shame you guys went down after an amazing period(bar the last season) in the prem. I’m sure you guys will bounce right back. If only Brendan was gone sooner, it could’ve saved you guys.

Congratulations on a fine season. I always said that 6th/7th place were up for grabs this season. I expected us to be top 8 without a problem. You did what we didn't and that was with a miserable start to the season. Emery should have MOTS
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 857

Post#1242 » by LDNMagic90 » Mon May 29, 2023 10:07 am

HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:Looks like I'll be on my own in the championship thread :-)

Commiserations HIF, it’s a shame you guys went down after an amazing period(bar the last season) in the prem. I’m sure you guys will bounce right back. If only Brendan was gone sooner, it could’ve saved you guys.

Congratulations on a fine season. I always said that 6th/7th place were up for grabs this season. I expected us to be top 8 without a problem. You did what we didn't and that was with a miserable start to the season. Emery should have MOTS

Thank you! I know to a lot of other fans Conference League might seem tinpot to them, but considering the last decade we’ve not been good. From going to the championship to 7th in a 5 year window considering 2 of our main players joined us in the championship makes me proud. It will be tough now with the extra games, I hope we can get the recruitment right and give the competition a good go.
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#1243 » by HIF » Mon May 29, 2023 10:11 am

LDNMagic90 wrote:
HIF wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Thank you! I know to a lot of other fans Conference League might seem tinpot to them, but considering the last decade we’ve not been good. From going to the championship to 7th in a 5 year window considering 2 of our main players joined us in the championship makes me proud. It will be tough now with the extra games, I hope we can get the recruitment right and give the competition a good go.

Those fans are either plastic or have no idea. For teams like ours it is a dream to be touring europe and playing teams of the calibre of Roma etc... There are always 4 class teams at least in the conf.league.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:

Return to The General Soccer Board