2022-23 English Premier League Discussion Thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,942

Re: 2022-23 English Premier League Discussion Thread 

Post#721 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:32 pm

wco81 wrote:So did it seem more chippy than usual between the players?

Or at the end, what was that, some fans said something?

Richarlison, being relatively new to this rivalry, really seemed peeved.

Ramsdale is a hot head, got into it with Richarlison and Richarlison pushed him in the head, and then a fan tried to climb over the barrier and looked like he might have actually kicked Ramsdale. Then of course Xhaka is always going to get in the middle of that stuff. So probably looked a lot worse than it actually was outside the fan.

EDIT: Looking at the replay, he definitely kicked Ramsdale.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#722 » by MaliBrah » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:35 pm

Richarlison started crying as always and tried to be a hardman and wind Ramsdale up , fired everyone up and Spurs fan kicked Ramsdale loool :lol:
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,202

Post#723 » by wco81 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:35 pm

There was another play with Richarlison pointing at some other Arsenal player in the Spurs half.

He had just come on, probably was stewing at the way the game was going.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#724 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:44 pm

How they let that little weasel slink back into the crowd is mind boggling. Hopefully somebody tracked him down.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,622

Post#725 » by Baphomet » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:45 pm

It's the NLD and Richarlison is a known hot head.

That's all it is. I didn't see what any fan did, but hopefully they will be banned from ever entering the stadium again.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#726 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:49 pm

They just showed the Mudryk contract on the postgame show -- holy fck. Signed through 2031...
Foye
Club Captain- German Soccer
And1: 3,454

Post#727 » by Foye » Sun Jan 15, 2023 7:44 pm

MaliBrah wrote:

Richarlison started crying as always and tried to be a hardman and wind Ramsdale up , fired everyone up and Spurs fan kicked Ramsdale loool :lol:

I am really not a fan of Richarlison.

Poor Baph, his team paid 60 mil. for a backup.
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#728 » by Baphomet » Sun Jan 15, 2023 8:46 pm

Foye wrote:I am really not a fan of Richarlison.

I will say this about Richarlison, in his few months at the club, he's shown more care and passion for the fans and club than many of the other players have in years. He's also been unfortunate with injuries. Whether we overpaid or not, it's too early to say. In an insane league where Antony and Darwin go for 100m, 60m for Richarlison isn't that bad.

He's shown at the World Cup that he can be a capable number 9, and most likely will be our future starting CF when Kane leaves.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#729 » by LDNMagic90 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:27 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:They just showed the Mudryk contract on the postgame show -- holy fck. Signed through 2031...

Chelsea or Arsenal were bound to overpay, 6 months ago Brentford almost signed him for £21 mill but it fell through. Fast forward to January he’s going to Chelsea for around £88 mill. Crazy money for someone that’s only got a few champions league appearances to his name, he looks promising but £88 mill promising? Nah.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#730 » by Sedale Threatt » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:36 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:They just showed the Mudryk contract on the postgame show -- holy fck. Signed through 2031...

Chelsea or Arsenal were bound to overpay, 6 months ago Brentford almost signed him for £21 mill but it fell through. Fast forward to January he’s going to Chelsea for around £88 mill. Crazy money for someone that’s only got a few champions league appearances to his name, he looks promising but £88 mill promising? Nah.

The money is one thing. I just don't think I've ever seen anybody get an 8 1/2-year contract before? That's some baseball sht.
LDNMagic90
Bench Warmer
And1: 856

Post#731 » by LDNMagic90 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 10:42 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

The money is one thing. I just don't think I've ever seen anybody get an 8 1/2-year contract before? That's some baseball sht.

Honestly it’s so crazy, I’ve never seen contracts this long in football. I think it’s to get around FFP as the longer the contract is the more you can spread the FFP hit for that period. Which yes it’s a smart thing to do, however a lot of the players Chelsea are buying risk being on over 130k with like 3/4 years left on their deal if they don’t work out. Either way, Boehly will likely need to get someone in to take over the transfers and not involve himself with that side of football.
Mamba81p
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,186

Post#732 » by Mamba81p » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:44 am

I can't understand how they didn't arrest that loser who hit Ramsdale like a coward. A massive failure by the stewards, police etc. A ban from the stadium will be a slap on the wrist
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#733 » by HIF » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:31 pm

Baphomet wrote:

I will say this about Richarlison, in his few months at the club, he's shown more care and passion for the fans and club than many of the other players have in years. He's also been unfortunate with injuries. Whether we overpaid or not, it's too early to say. In an insane league where Antony and Darwin go for 100m, 60m for Richarlison isn't that bad.

He's shown at the World Cup that he can be a capable number 9, and most likely will be our future starting CF when Kane leaves.

I think he's great.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
HIF
RealGM

Post#734 » by HIF » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:33 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:

I think he'll flop. Chelsea owner is stupid. If this is within FFP then the rules are ludicrous. How is there competition in the EPL? I'm all for these teams leaving and forming a "super" league. I'll be happy to stick with English football.

HIF
RealGM

Post#735 » by HIF » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:34 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Just an american doing american things. European football is losing its identity.

HIF
RealGM

Post#736 » by HIF » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:36 pm

LDNMagic90 wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
LDNMagic90 wrote:

Honestly it’s so crazy, I’ve never seen contracts this long in football. I think it’s to get around FFP as the longer the contract is the more you can spread the FFP hit for that period. Which yes it’s a smart thing to do, however a lot of the players Chelsea are buying risk being on over 130k with like 3/4 years left on their deal if they don’t work out. Either way, Boehly will likely need to get someone in to take over the transfers and not involve himself with that side of football.

Crazy to see how many players Chelsea have on their books. Hopefully the young and talented realise they won't be getting in the Chelsea team, simply because these overpaid players will have to be played and they go to the other 14.

CoP
Head Coach
And1: 9,312

Post#737 » by CoP » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:29 pm

wco81 wrote:Yeah that Liverpool score is shocking.

Brighton is a darling of football tactics Twitter. Lot of chatter about how Liverpool was pressing without the personnel to do so, and Brighton thrives on baiting the press.
MaliBrah
RealGM
And1: 4,310

Post#738 » by MaliBrah » Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:30 pm

Baphomet wrote:

Yeah I think he's a good player too and 60m aint bad for him considering what the Market is like now. I just think the guy is **** crazy loool. By all accounts he's a great guy off the field. The way you guys play and his injuries have kind of neutered him right now
Baphomet
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#739 » by Baphomet » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:58 pm

MaliBrah wrote:
Baphomet wrote:

Yeah I think he's a good player too and 60m aint bad for him considering what the Market is like now. I just think the guy is **** crazy loool. By all accounts he's a great guy off the field. The way you guys play and his injuries have kind of neutered him right now

Agree on all accounts. Dude just loves to butt heads with people.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM

Post#740 » by Sedale Threatt » Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:12 am

CoP wrote:
wco81 wrote:Yeah that Liverpool score is shocking.

Brighton is a darling of football tactics Twitter. Lot of chatter about how Liverpool was pressing without the personnel to do so, and Brighton thrives on baiting the press.

What are some good accounts to follow? I have excellent superficial knowledge of the game but the deeper intricacies usually escape me.

Return to The General Soccer Board