German soccer thread

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 68
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

German soccer thread 

Post#1 » by Sleepy » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:59 pm

GERMANY 2-1 SPAIN

Germany coach Horst Hrubesch hailed his side's powers of concentration after goals from Richard Sukuta-Pasu and Ömer Toprak ended Spain's 23-match unbeaten run in the first round of matches in the UEFA European Under-19 Championship Group A. The defeat also severely dented the holders' hopes of claiming a fifth title at this level in seven seasons although coach Ginés Meléndez believes the experience could prove valuable for his side.

Horst Hrubesch, Germany coach
We've won and I think we deserved to. That was our first aim at this tournament. We had to use a lot of energy against a Spain team who were very strong, as we expected them to be. We showed good concentration against a team who have been successful for a long time. In the second half we should have made more of our chances on the counterattack, but overall of course I have to be happy with the result.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/under1 ... 32325.html

Good game yesterday. This squad has been hailed as Germanys Golden Generation since they started playing together in the U17 two years ago. Now they've beaten the juggernaut of youth tournaments, Spain, pretty convincingly while missing guys like Toni Kroos and Marko Marin, who already play U21 or A level. Manuel Fischer from Stuttgart, one of the Bender twins and Bastian Oczipka from Leverkusen, who are all regulars of that squad, also missed the game against Spain, so this squad could play even better than they did yesterday it.

Timo Gebhart had a heckuva game, as did Nsereko, Toprak and Diekmeier. If at least a few of those guys can fulfil their potential Germanys young core around Podolski, Mertesacker, Schweinsteiger looks really good.
Judging from the few games I've seen from these kids, I'd say that Gebhart, Marin and Kroos are all ready for big minutes in the Bundesliga. Gebhart&Marin should be regulars in their clubs and Kroos will also see time under Klinsmann. A midfield of:

------------------Gebhart------------------
Marin-----------Kroos----------Schweini
is potentially the best I can remember since I watch soccer.

BTW: Jürgen Kohler on my man Toprak from the Breisgaubrasilianer:

Kohler: Ömer Toprak, 18-years old, plays at Freiburg. For me he's the man of the future, the best junior player that I have seen in the last few years. He has all the tools and is very good for his age already.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rQFXztRuIY for those who want to see what I'm talkin about and go here for discussions about the game.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Location: The Devil is the arrogance of the spirit, faith without smile, truth that is never seized by doubt.

Re: German soccer thread 

Post#2 » by Sleepy » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:57 pm

Spain lost their second game against Hungary, are out of the tournament, which is a real shocker.

Germany leads 1:0 vs Bulgaria after 15mins. These kids are really good. Nearly the 2:0 while I type this.
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#3 » by BlackMamba » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:59 pm

i was listening yesterday while watching the repetition of the spain-hungary game that spain had 22 games without a loss in the U19 euro tournament?
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,205

Post#4 » by magik9113 » Sat Jul 19, 2008 3:41 pm

I know Spain won the previous two tournaments, but France won in 05.

could this temporarily be the u19 euro thread?

Germany and Hungary already qualified which kind of takes away from what could have been a great game between them two if qualification was on the line.

in the other group, everyone still has hope:
Czech 4
Greece 2
Italy 2
England 1
Tomorrow Czech Republic vs Italy
Greece vs England
BlackMamba
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 81

Post#5 » by BlackMamba » Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:10 pm

i watched the germany-hungary game and i don't remember his name, but #7 from germany is a VERY interesting player. he's the kind of player that the german's need, he's a more creative, type of southamerican player.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#6 » by Sleepy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:03 pm

That's Deniz Naki, plays at Bayer Leverkusen. He missed the first game against Spain and actually has some problems making the team right now cause Gebhart plays "his" position in the central offense. Naki and Gebhart shared striker duties, as our only remarkable forward got injured. It's far from an ideal situation right now, but hes still able to show his individual talent and skill.

Sukata Pasu should return Wednesday, which will lead to some complaining on a high level. We won't sub Gebhart or Neserenko out, and even the "lesser" guys Risse&Latza played very well. Naki could end on the bench, despite his talent.

-------------Sukata-Pasu------------
Nserenko--Gebhart--Naki-------

will probably be the lineup, with Naki playing out of position.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#7 » by magik9113 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:38 pm

I hope to see Germany and Italy in the finals.
I too watched Germany Hungary and noticed that player. For Italy Okaka and Paloschi are two very skilled strikers up top.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#8 » by magik9113 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:40 pm

I hope to see Germany and Italy in the finals.
I too watched Germany Hungary and noticed that player. For Italy Okaka and Paloschi are two very skilled strikers up top.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by Sleepy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:19 pm

Do you know Savio Nsereko? He plays at Brescia Calcio and it has been rumourred that he turned a big, fat contract by AC Milan down to remain a starter and gather more experience.
He's an helluva fast winger, smart player, defends well for his position and already scored an goal in this tournament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Savio_Nsereko
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#10 » by magik9113 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:47 pm

Actually I have heard of him because young american player Danny Szetela also plays for Brescia and I did some research on the team. I have not seen him play though, but I do know that Brecia is a good place for young players to develop and gain experience.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,574

Post#11 » by El Turco » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:12 pm

i heard UEFA wants to change Euro 2012 venues to Germany. i would love for that to happen.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Sleepy » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:47 pm

Has already been denied by the DFB... but well, who knows. It's a possibility. Germany would be the logical choice next to Poland, but the chances that the Ukraine will lose the EURO are really slim.
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#13 » by Basti » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:53 pm

Sleepy wrote:Has already been denied by the DFB... but well, who knows. It's a possibility. Germany would be the logical choice next to Poland, but the chances that the Ukraine will lose the EURO are really slim.

when did they do that? as of yesterday it wasn't denied and today I didn't read anything relating to that matter.
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,574

Post#14 » by El Turco » Tue Jul 22, 2008 11:12 pm

dont know how reliable this is but,
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,214 ... 55,00.html

The German Soccer Federation has rejected allegations it has discussed with UEFA the possibility of Germany serving as co-host for Euro 2012.

The German Soccer Federation (DFB) on Tuesday, July 22, denied British media reports that the ruling body UEFA has been in contact over Germany possibly replacing Ukraine as a Poland's co-host for Euro 2012.

"There has been absolutely no contact with UEFA in relation to this question and also no official query," DFB general secretary Wolfgang Niersbach said. "UEFA's executive committee will discuss Euro 2012 at the end of September in Bordeaux."

to be fair all it says UEFA hasnt asked yet. If they ask-which is a real possibility if Ukraine doesnt get its ish together- i highly doubt DFB would refuse it.
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by Sleepy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:40 pm

To keep this thread on topic ;)

Italy eliminated Hungary earlier. Boring game, in which two defensive teams battled in the midfield.

Germany leads Czechs 1:0 after 20mins. Good, aggressive forechecking, lots of pressure. The team looks better and better.
Lineup:

-----------------------Zieler-----------------------
Diekmeier, Jungwirth, Reinartz, Kopplin
Risse----L. Bender------S. Bender----Nsereko
------------------ Naki---Gebhart---------------

EDIT: 1:1 after 25mins. Great header by the Maygars.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#16 » by magik9113 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:46 pm

wow, as I was about to post how it looks like theyre going into penalties, Germany scores a great goal
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by Sleepy » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:54 pm

Neserenko was probably our best player today... and he gets yellowcarded during the celebrations and will miss the final. THAT SUCKS!
Well, should be a good match, Saturday evening at 19:00.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Sleepy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:31 pm

Final Germany vs. Italy, Germany leads 1:0 after 25mins. Nice goal by Lars Bender.
Sleepy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#19 » by Sleepy » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:53 pm

Seriously, if you're able to watch this game, TUNE IN.
This could become a classic. Jungwirth, the German Captain gets two yellows in 5mins, Germany is down to ten players for nearly 60mins.

Italy gets denied an obvious penalty, shortly after that Deniz Naki makes a fool out of every italian defender, crosses them over, stutter steps them and then just misses the goal by a few inches. Great game so far.
magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#20 » by magik9113 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:54 pm

yea it was a good game
your boys deserved it sleepy. Italys defense has been pretty shakey all tournament, especially right after they score a goal.

always fun to see young players, and which ones will still be stars when theyre older

Return to The General Soccer Board