Ferguson and McGregor banned from Scotland NT

Moderators: kdawg32086, magik9113

magik9113
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 1,205

Ferguson and McGregor banned from Scotland NT 

Post#1 » by magik9113 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 3:46 am

Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor have been banned from ever representing Scotland again after their bench antics against Iceland in midweek.

The pair were caught on camera making childish "V signs" across their faces at television cameras. They had been dropped for the Iceland World Cup qualifier after breaking squad discipline and spending the night drinking.

The Scottish FA had claimed on Thursday that the matter was closed but have now taken a tougher stance by ruling the pair will never play for their country again. The SFA have been besieged by phone calls and e-mails from irate Scotland fans.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story ... 10&cc=5901

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_zmJZnO4fs

I can't think of anything like this ever happening, where a federation actually bans players from ever being on the team again. They are clowns.....even though to be honest I've never heard of this "V sign" before hearing about this.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,543

Re: Ferguson and McGregor banned from Scotland NT 

Post#2 » by Slava » Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:08 am

The drinking binge is very unprofessional and to top that the 1 finger salute to the cameras is a disgrace. I'm glad these clowns got banned from the NT. This is unfortunate when Scotland football was just starting to pick up some steam in terms of getting results and gaining some respect in Europe.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Re: Ferguson and McGregor banned from Scotland NT 

Post#3 » by GS Warriors 1 » Sat Apr 4, 2009 7:55 pm

I think the lifetime ban from getting recalled was a bit harsh.

Yes, they were asses with the "V" sign thing, which I found out is pretty bad, and the other player flipping off somebody but it seems out there. I think being suspended for the rest of the 2010 WC cycle would have been enough justice.

Return to The General Soccer Board