ImageImageImage

Feeling Good About Atlanta?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

walkingart
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Feeling Good About Atlanta? 

Post#1 » by walkingart » Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:50 am

As depressed as I was after watching the Suns game tonight, I found comfort in one thing, the Eastern Conference standings. Atlanta looks to be doing their usual, tanking it. There are currently 6 teams within 3.5 games of the Hawks, and it looks pretty good for us, although, I always thought that if we kept the pick the Hawks would make the playoffs, and if we traded it, they wouldn't and it would end up in the top 3!

I feel like Indiana, New Jersey, Chicago, and Charlotte will all catch the Hawks. Leaving them 5th from the bottom in the East. And three teams that don't make the playoffs in the west will have better records than the Hawks as well. That leaves their pick at #9.

Any other predictions?
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#2 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:26 am

ill say it again

hawks and blazers both wont make the playoffs

that pick will be nice

the bulls will add a piece and make the playoffs and i think indy may get it together also
walkingart
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#3 » by walkingart » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:12 am

yeah, i don't think Portland will get in either, however it wouldn't be terribly surprising if they did make it at this point. what would be shocking to me is if the Warriors and Blazers both make it, and the Jazz and Rockets get left out.

i think point differential is a really telling stat that seperates great teams from good teams, good teams form average teams, and average teams from bad teams.

here's my scale:

>+4.9 = GREAT TEAM

+4.9 to +1.5 = GOOD TEAM

+1.4 to -1.4 = AVG TEAM

<-1.4 = BAD TEAM

Return to Phoenix Suns