ImageImageImage

New Jersey?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, batsmasher, Kerrsed

User avatar
Jdiddy701
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,808
And1: 1,617
Joined: Jun 05, 2006

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#301 » by Jdiddy701 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:55 pm

Gorilla Warfare wrote:
Read on Twitter


Of course PHX


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Zero Tolerance
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,016
And1: 1,138
Joined: Jul 26, 2007
Location: Phoenix
 

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#302 » by Zero Tolerance » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:13 pm

Gorilla Warfare wrote:
Read on Twitter


Image
User avatar
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,926
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 16, 2009

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#303 » by ShawnBronald » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:21 pm

Really a shame they can't put any graphics on the front of the uniforms. Also, I'm not a fan of the PHX. Change it to say SUNS or PHOENIX and add a Sunburst and we'd be in business!
User avatar
ginobiliflops
RealGM
Posts: 10,000
And1: 2,888
Joined: Apr 23, 2009
     

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#304 » by ginobiliflops » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:35 pm

I like it.
Image
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
Posts: 1,603
And1: 2,069
Joined: Apr 22, 2016
Location: Phoenix
   

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#305 » by darealjuice » Wed Sep 13, 2017 11:51 pm

I like the alternates, definitely the best of the 3 revealed thus far in my opinion.
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 21,942
And1: 5,244
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#306 » by Kerrsed » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:02 am

Anyone else think this whole naming process by Nike is just stupid? I mean the whole "This Jersey is paying homage to the NBA" and "This Jersey is representing our rich heritage" and even funnier is "This Jersey is inspired by the players mindset"! Like for real, its the same damn jerseys just in different colors!! Ohhhhhh...... instead of saying Phoenix it says PHX (Because somehow that speaks about the players mindset!) Get the **** out of here with that weak ****! Why are you trying to build it up as some huge thing that it isnt.

If you really wanted to take that mentality for your promotion, you should have also used it in designing the damn things! Would have been cool and more relevant to the damn marketing if they made all the jerseys look different instead of just in different colors. Thats what they should have done and probably made a ton more money off of it as well.
In McD We Trust !!!!!! #TrustTheTimeline
Voted More Credible than VC4PRES in 2011! RESPECTED! The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Image
Saberestar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,792
And1: 2,645
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#307 » by Saberestar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:43 am

Can they put a **** sunburst on a jersey?!
User avatar
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,926
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 16, 2009

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#308 » by ShawnBronald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:44 am

http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/09/13/video-game-leaks-full-set-of-new-nba-alternate-jerseys/

I just checked the rest of the league's 'Statement' jerseys and I'm extremely disappointed with ours. The overall base design is nice, but apparently in this set they can include logos/graphics. Why not include the sunburst??? Look at the Cavs, Clippers, Spurs, Jazz and Bucks jerseys, they just have a logo and then the player's number. Why not a large sunburst and then the number? Why the need to have a PHX jersey? Such a huge missed opportunity! :banghead:
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
Posts: 1,603
And1: 2,069
Joined: Apr 22, 2016
Location: Phoenix
   

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#309 » by darealjuice » Thu Sep 14, 2017 4:47 am

ShawnBronald wrote:http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/09/13/video-game-leaks-full-set-of-new-nba-alternate-jerseys/

I just checked the rest of the league's 'Statement' jerseys and I'm extremely disappointed with ours. The overall base design is nice, but apparently in this set they can include logos/graphics. Why not include the sunburst??? Look at the Cavs, Clippers, Spurs, Jazz and Bucks jerseys, they just have a logo and then the player's number. Why not a large sunburst and then the number? Why the need to have a PHX jersey? Such a huge missed opportunity! :banghead:


Still one more jersey left, could be saving the best for last?
User avatar
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,926
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 16, 2009

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#310 » by ShawnBronald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:18 am

darealjuice wrote:
ShawnBronald wrote:http://news.sportslogos.net/2017/09/13/video-game-leaks-full-set-of-new-nba-alternate-jerseys/

I just checked the rest of the league's 'Statement' jerseys and I'm extremely disappointed with ours. The overall base design is nice, but apparently in this set they can include logos/graphics. Why not include the sunburst??? Look at the Cavs, Clippers, Spurs, Jazz and Bucks jerseys, they just have a logo and then the player's number. Why not a large sunburst and then the number? Why the need to have a PHX jersey? Such a huge missed opportunity! :banghead:


Still one more jersey left, could be saving the best for last?


Hopefully, but it'll probably just be a "Los Suns" jersey or something solid orange.
Saberestar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,792
And1: 2,645
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#311 » by Saberestar » Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:13 am

Here Josh Jackson with a different T-shirt.. no sunburst at all , but the big Nike logo is everywhere.
Read on Twitter
cosmofizzo
Suns Forum Front Row Fan
Posts: 3,509
And1: 1,918
Joined: Dec 14, 2013
 

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#312 » by cosmofizzo » Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:21 pm

Well we're now 3/3 on the whole different jersey number color thing. I guess that's going to be our signature distinguishing feature for the next few years at least. I'm okay with the concept. I understand also why they retained "PHX" as the alternative, given how much they put into that marketing campaign. I'm just saying - the Jackson jersey I want to buy would either be the 90s sunburst version or the retro western letter jersey of the 70s/80s. I like that we're returning to the purple, but the new school stuff seems to me a lot like my problem with Phoenix as a city generally. Fake, plastic, generic, cheap and easy. But given that Sarver's from San Diego, it kind of makes sense that he would be attracted to that feel.

I dunno. I'm not a fan of the Nike jerseys generally. Even the ones the fans seem to love look like trash to me. Is the backlash to the over-the-top look of the late-90s Pistons, Rockets, Raptors and Grizzlies so strong that almost 20 years later, all we're allowed to do is generic stuff? Because I admit that compared to the rest of the league's new duds, ours aren't bad. At least there's SOMETHING distinct about them, which is not something you can say for a fairly high portion of these things.
Golanator
Ballboy
Posts: 25
And1: 14
Joined: Aug 17, 2017
     

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#313 » by Golanator » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:52 pm

Read on Twitter


It's lit, fam. :D :D :D
User avatar
Jdiddy701
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,808
And1: 1,617
Joined: Jun 05, 2006

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#314 » by Jdiddy701 » Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:35 pm

wow!!!!!!! Now that jersey is wowowowow


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,926
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 16, 2009

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#315 » by ShawnBronald » Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:15 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Image

Also...
Image
User avatar
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 12,422
And1: 3,107
Joined: Aug 24, 2003
Location: Moms basement
   

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#316 » by ATTL » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:01 am

From the side it reminds me of the 90's
LV-Suns
Starter
Posts: 2,100
And1: 237
Joined: Aug 11, 2009
Location: Las Vegas
   

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#317 » by LV-Suns » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:05 am

Wish the black one said Phoenix/Suns instead of PHX, would have definitely picked one up
User avatar
Jdiddy701
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,808
And1: 1,617
Joined: Jun 05, 2006

New Jersey? 

Post#318 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:59 am

Man, that black jersey would be amazing if it said SUNS or PHOENIX.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
ShawnBronald
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,926
And1: 313
Joined: Feb 16, 2009

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#319 » by ShawnBronald » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:04 am

Jdiddy701 wrote:Man, that black jersey would be amazing if it said SUNS or PHOENIX.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agreed. Also, I saw this posted in the comments of the Sportslogos article:

Image

I understand that Sarver and the marketing team love "PHX", but it's really time to drop it (at least from the uniforms). It's become the new "D-BACKS". :nonono:
Saberestar
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,792
And1: 2,645
Joined: May 21, 2010

Re: New Jersey? 

Post#320 » by Saberestar » Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:39 am

ShawnBronald wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Man, that black jersey would be amazing if it said SUNS or PHOENIX.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Agreed. Also, I saw this posted in the comments of the Sportslogos article:

Image

I understand that Sarver and the marketing team love "PHX", but it's really time to drop it (at least from the uniforms). It's become the new "D-BACKS". :nonono:

Wow, this last one is for real? I would love it.

Probably the sunburst is a little bit too close to the number, but other than that is great.

Return to Phoenix Suns