ImageImageImage

2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far

Moderators: bwgood77, lilfishi22, Kerrsed, Qwigglez

Desertfox
Junior
Posts: 285
And1: 201
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#121 » by Desertfox » Wed Nov 6, 2019 4:25 am

I wish we had picked up any one of the myriad of good PF/Cs in the draft, like Goga, instead of a another SF...

That said, Fox is available in Dynasty for an equivalent value young player. SGA is doing quite well I must say...
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 59,292
And1: 32,774
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#122 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:11 am

Man, picking Draymond with my 2/3 pick (had two next to each other) is going to hurt me real bad in premier. I was looking real good but now am dropping. I picked up Dwight Howard since I need blocks and am killing in FT% but man, he is very inconsistent.
User avatar
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,135
And1: 2,203
Joined: May 17, 2004
Location: New Zealand
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#123 » by TASTIC » Wed Nov 6, 2019 6:43 am

John Collins. Ugh
Image
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 28,349
And1: 14,345
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#124 » by Kerrsed » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:36 am

Lebron with his 3rd triple-double in a row.
Its #BULLYSEASON!!! The A-TOWN BULLY ------- KERRSED - The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
Posts: 4,856
And1: 4,103
Joined: Jan 10, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#125 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Nov 6, 2019 7:59 am

Kerrsed wrote:Lebron with his 3rd triple-double in a row.

I'll give you Fultz for him. He hit a 3 tonight. :eyebrows:
User avatar
sunskerr
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 2,500
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
 

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#126 » by sunskerr » Thu Nov 7, 2019 1:08 pm

Dynasty:

Looking for a big/wing who rebounds. Willing to trade if that big/wing is a star player as well.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 59,292
And1: 32,774
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#127 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 7, 2019 2:21 pm

sunskerr wrote:Dynasty:

Looking for a big/wing who rebounds. Willing to trade if that big/wing is a star player as well.


Who are you looking to trade? I like Trae and Ingram for your team. I'd consider Al Horford for Aaron Gordon, though that's tough. Horford is a stat stuffer, currently ranked 36 while Gordon is ranked 105.
User avatar
sunskerr
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 2,500
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
 

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#128 » by sunskerr » Thu Nov 7, 2019 2:39 pm

Trae is the only guy I consider truly untouchable.

In the case that the guy im getting back is a star with some youth, I’d be willing to part with up to 3 players. Ingram would probably be a part of that.

I value older players less than their current ranking.
Golanator
Pro Prospect
Posts: 988
And1: 786
Joined: Aug 17, 2017
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#129 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 7, 2019 4:39 pm

I hate my team in dynasty, it’s literally Lillard/Jokic/Hield and a bunch of crap.

I’m in 1st place but I’ve played a bunch of games. I want to contend but I also want to diversify my roster a bit while at the same time not dealing Jokic for nothing. I’ve gotten a couple solid offers for Nikola but nothing that made me immediately say yes though I was close a couple times.

Just kinda stuck...
User avatar
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
Posts: 18,135
And1: 2,203
Joined: May 17, 2004
Location: New Zealand
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#130 » by TASTIC » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:24 pm

Golanator wrote:I hate my team in dynasty, it’s literally Lillard/Jokic/Hield and a bunch of crap.

I’m in 1st place but I’ve played a bunch of games. I want to contend but I also want to diversify my roster a bit while at the same time not dealing Jokic for nothing. I’ve gotten a couple solid offers for Nikola but nothing that made me immediately say yes though I was close a couple times.

Just kinda stuck...

Can I make a suggestion, you don't deal Jokic unless you're getting an absolute stud(s) back. He's so young and such a roto beast, it's just taking him time to get into game shape.

I'd deal Hield long before I think about moving the other two...You'd get a couple of nice pieces for him for sure.

Next dynasty piece up on The Athletic!

Western conference deep dive...
Image
Golanator
Pro Prospect
Posts: 988
And1: 786
Joined: Aug 17, 2017
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#131 » by Golanator » Thu Nov 7, 2019 9:27 pm

TASTIC wrote:
Golanator wrote:I hate my team in dynasty, it’s literally Lillard/Jokic/Hield and a bunch of crap.

I’m in 1st place but I’ve played a bunch of games. I want to contend but I also want to diversify my roster a bit while at the same time not dealing Jokic for nothing. I’ve gotten a couple solid offers for Nikola but nothing that made me immediately say yes though I was close a couple times.

Just kinda stuck...

Can I make a suggestion, you don't deal Jokic unless you're getting an absolute stud(s) back. He's so young and such a roto beast, it's just taking him time to get into game shape.

I'd deal Hield long before I think about moving the other two...You'd get a couple of nice pieces for him for sure.

Next dynasty piece up on The Athletic!

Western conference deep dive...


I’m not dealing Jokic unless I get those studs you mentioned back, don’t worry.
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 28,349
And1: 14,345
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#132 » by Kerrsed » Fri Nov 8, 2019 9:48 pm

Well damn. I figured this year in Dynasty i would trade off my all-stars for younger pieces and tank the season out, But all-stars gonna all-star. CP3 ranked #35 on the season so far, Alderidge coming in at #20, and Lebron still top 10. They just wont let me fail, lmao. Pretty crazy to be #5 in the standings despite 1/3rd of my roster ranking in at #200+ for the season (Kanter/Powell/Ross/Gay/McGee).
Its #BULLYSEASON!!! The A-TOWN BULLY ------- KERRSED - The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
Posts: 4,856
And1: 4,103
Joined: Jan 10, 2010
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#133 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:25 pm

I appreciate that Yahoo tells me how trash my team is by notifying me that thousands of people have been dropping players on my roster.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 59,292
And1: 32,774
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#134 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 3:59 pm

My biggest mistake in premier. Dropping Marcus Morris and someone scooped him up. He's on fire which I can't find an adequate replacement. Between that and the Draymond injury, it's killing me, and frankly, it's embarrassing to be behind Kerrsed.
Golanator
Pro Prospect
Posts: 988
And1: 786
Joined: Aug 17, 2017
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#135 » by Golanator » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:21 pm

Dame killed it with 60 last night and is now the #1 ranked player in fantasy on the year.

Harrison Barnes has been a really nice surprise so far, checking in at #56.

I picked up Frank Ntilikina in dynasty, he’s been very good the last 2 games and hopefully he gets 30+ mpg going forward because he could be a keeper type for me if he does.
User avatar
Kerrsed
Senior Mod - Suns
Senior Mod - Suns
Posts: 28,349
And1: 14,345
Joined: Mar 31, 2009
Location: Land of the Internet Memes
Contact:
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#136 » by Kerrsed » Sat Nov 9, 2019 4:47 pm

bwgood77 wrote:My biggest mistake in premier. Dropping Marcus Morris and someone scooped him up. He's on fire which I can't find an adequate replacement. Between that and the Draymond injury, it's killing me, and frankly, it's embarrassing to be behind Kerrsed.
You shouldn't be embarrassed, I had a great draft. Despite my 3rd round pick not playing a single game yet (Griffin), and my 5th round pick only playing in like 3 games (Favors), somehow I ended up with 5 players that are currently ranked in the top 20, with my man Dame Dash being #1.
Its #BULLYSEASON!!! The A-TOWN BULLY ------- KERRSED - The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Image
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 59,292
And1: 32,774
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#137 » by bwgood77 » Sat Nov 9, 2019 5:05 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:My biggest mistake in premier. Dropping Marcus Morris and someone scooped him up. He's on fire which I can't find an adequate replacement. Between that and the Draymond injury, it's killing me, and frankly, it's embarrassing to be behind Kerrsed.
You shouldn't be embarrassed, I had a great draft. Despite my 3rd round pick not playing a single game yet (Griffin), and my 5th round pick only playing in like 3 games (Favors), somehow I ended up with 5 players that are currently ranked in the top 20, with my man Dame Dash being #1.


I'm just kidding. It is weird you are somewhat near the top every year, even when I think you have weird drafts.
User avatar
sunskerr
Head Coach
Posts: 6,270
And1: 2,500
Joined: Feb 20, 2010
 

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#138 » by sunskerr » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:06 pm

Well that dynasty trade came out of nowhere. Wish I knew Allen and Collins were available.
User avatar
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
Posts: 15,044
And1: 7,692
Joined: Jul 10, 2009
Contact:
     

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#139 » by Qwigglez » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:22 pm

All of Premier League team has been stinkers. Fox has been trash, I thought Otto Porter would have a great year but he's been bad (though he's been hurt). I'm hoping Kanter comes back and just gobbles up all the rebounds because I'm dying in that category. :lol:


Also didn't realize how much Giannis is struggling to shoot FT's this year. In fact my entire Dynasty team is struggling to shoot FT's.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
Posts: 12,643
And1: 8,294
Joined: Feb 07, 2010

Re: 2019 Fantasy Basketball Thread - Your fantasy surprises and disappointments so far 

Post#140 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Nov 9, 2019 11:27 pm

Put a dude on IL in dynasty and holy crap is the FA crop a depressing group. Seems like the worst it's ever been.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Phoenix Suns