19%
38%
6%
6%

Total votes: 16

suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Re: Game 54: Miami Heat (28-25) @ Phoenix Suns (38-15) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#141 » by suns12345 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:35 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Spoelstra can’t be serious. Flagrant 2? :noway:

The day someone gets ejected for a player landing on their foot is the day the NBA has gone over the edge of reason.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Re: Game 54: Miami Heat (28-25) @ Phoenix Suns (38-15) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#142 » by Barkley6 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:29 am

Slim Charless wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:During the Windhorst interview when he said that in the playoffs you want to play 7-8 guys....I can't see us going shorter than 9 deep. Who wouldn't play out of CamJo, Payne, Saric and Craig?

The ability to go that deep is going to be HUGE in terms of rest and matchups.

Maybe Craig but yeah, it'll be hard to keep a versatile and dynamic player like Craig off the floor even if it's spot minutes.

Out of that list? I'd say Saric if we can afford to go "small". I'd rather play Carter if he can hit his shots as his defense can be huge against little guys like Dame, Mitchell and Steph.

Saric is a must play. He's out only real backup 5. Craig for all his positives can't backup Ayton. And even if he does, it then means we are putting Cam or Mikal at the 4 when Crowder sits. Bigger teams will punish us.

Craig seems like the most likely to not play, but frankly....dude has been so impressive with his energy, defense and rebounding that it's hard to see him not getting minutes. Let alone his ability to put the ball in the hoop.

I agree Carter might be a good situational play against certain teams, but I'm talking about the set rotation.
Barkley6
Veteran
And1: 2,406

Post#143 » by Barkley6 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:33 am

Fo-Real wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Feel like I have said this a lot but that was one of the best wins in the season. Suns just keep getting better. Can’t wait for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winning ugly

Getting guys to step up. The two Cams play well, good things happen.

Gotta pay PAYNE!!!

My biggest fear this offseason is they will screw around and not lock Payne up like they should. I think Payne has a lot of good will and gratitude towards Phoenix for plucking him off the street and making him a major contributor on a playoff team. But at the end of the day money talks.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,350

Post#144 » by Mr Puddles » Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:44 am

Slim Charless wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
Barkley6 wrote:During the Windhorst interview when he said that in the playoffs you want to play 7-8 guys....I can't see us going shorter than 9 deep. Who wouldn't play out of CamJo, Payne, Saric and Craig?

The ability to go that deep is going to be HUGE in terms of rest and matchups.

Maybe Craig but yeah, it'll be hard to keep a versatile and dynamic player like Craig off the floor even if it's spot minutes.

Out of that list? I'd say Saric if we can afford to go "small". I'd rather play Carter if he can hit his shots as his defense can be huge against little guys like Dame, Mitchell and Steph.

Honestly, the whole "play off teams only go 7-8 guys deep" thing is a bit of an exaggeration.

I just had a look at the box scores of last year's playoffs and most teams were going about 9 deep - shorter rotations were mostly due to players missing.

Also, factor in things like foul trouble, possible injuries, ejections/ suspensions and it's better to have a team that can go 10 deep.

I can think of at least two d'antoni series that the Suns could have won if it wasn't for D'antoni's rotations being too small - resulting in the Suns being unprepared when we didn't have all players available. History could have been very different if those Suns teams had been built and trained to go 10 deep during the regular season.
Spoiler:
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,263

Post#145 » by Bogyo » Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:06 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Maybe Craig but yeah, it'll be hard to keep a versatile and dynamic player like Craig off the floor even if it's spot minutes.

Honestly, the whole "play off teams only go 7-8 guys deep" thing is a bit of an exaggeration.

I just had a look at the box scores of last year's playoffs and most teams were going about 9 deep - shorter rotations were mostly due to players missing.

Also, factor in things like foul trouble, possible injuries, ejections/ suspensions and it's better to have a team that can go 10 deep.

I can think of at least two d'antoni series that the Suns could have won if it wasn't for D'antoni's rotations being too small - resulting in the Suns being unprepared when we didn't have all players available. History could have been very different if those Suns teams had been built and trained to go 10 deep during the regular season.

His stubbornness to not use those guys were head scratching to maddening. IIRC we had Jalen Rose who was not fully done-done and Piatkowsky (spelling?) another time, who was also not done-done, and they just did not get any playing time in the regular season when we were blowing people out left-and-right. Ofcourse we couldn't use them in the playoffs, even if we wanted to - but not like he wanted to, I swear he'd rather finish the game with 4 guys than put in someone from his doghouse/end of bench. :D
# waiting for the next chapter
Jesus_H_Macy
Rookie
And1: 1,074

Post#146 » by Jesus_H_Macy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:29 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:Where are all the Suns fans? Feels like a weekend game where the game threads can't even reach 10 pages. Seems recently we've been around 6-12 pages while in first 30-35 games our threads where between 18-25 pages. Lilfishi, Kerssed, JesusHMacy, Qwigglez, saberestar, Keith, dremill, muholl, frank Lee, starbosa you guys have some explaining to do. :evil:

Sorry gents. I've still been watching but too lazy to try to keep up with the posts and watching at the same time lately. This run of 10pm EST games wore me out a bit. I'll be back for Sacto, just in time to complain about how the Suns don't play hard against crap teams :D
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#147 » by cberry78 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 4:15 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:MAybe a foul, maybe. It a flagrant in any level. Totally unintentional contact. Carter’s feet were under him.

Pretty sure Carter's back was to Butler when he came down from that shot too.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 559

Post#148 » by wheezy » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:20 pm

Mr Puddles wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:One win off 40 for the season with 18 games still left. Last good season the Suns had was 82 games and they only won like... 46? And just barely missed the playoffs. Was hoping for a Utah loss tonight to get within a half game, but what can you do?

Utah already did us a favor by losing to Washington, would be a bit much to ask for them to lose to the OKC Hinkies as well lol.

They have early b2b games against the Pacers and Lakers this weekend. I think they'll pick up another L.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,719

Post#149 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:24 pm

starbosa10 wrote:
spanishninja wrote:I was watching on my phone, so couldnt post at the same time :(
SunsRback4Good wrote:Where are all the Suns fans? Feels like a weekend game where the game threads can't even reach 10 pages. Seems recently we've been around 6-12 pages while in first 30-35 games our threads where between 18-25 pages. Lilfishi, Kerssed, JesusHMacy, Qwigglez, saberestar, Keith, dremill, muholl, frank Lee, starbosa you guys have some explaining to do. :evil:

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app

Literally same :lol: I'm on the east coast so usually stream the games on my phone and cast it to my tv

I have like two laptops (or 3 counting chromebook though I don't use that much) but currently in living room I pull up league pass on one laptop and connect to tv with HDMI and post on the other one.

I have such an old roku the nba app is terrible.

In my bedroom I have a newer roku where the NBA app works great, but I rarely watch in there.

I do have an updated roku coming Friday though to use the NBA app in living room so will have even more options...much easier to use on the app on roku if it works.

I only tried watching on phone once...but didn't project to tv..internet was out..that was a pain. I don't use my phone for a ton though. Kind of annoys me people so attached to their phones 24/7.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:25 pm

Fo-Real wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Feel like I have said this a lot but that was one of the best wins in the season. Suns just keep getting better. Can’t wait for the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Winning ugly

Getting guys to step up. The two Cams play well, good things happen.

Gotta pay PAYNE!!!

Pay him what the market demands...match or give a little more than other offers. Not too many teams need PGs I don't think though. Most teams are several deep and strong rookie class (and a team like OKC has like 3 or 4) like SGA, Maledon, even Ty Jerome.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#151 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:28 pm

Saberestar wrote:This game was nasty.

CP3 and Book shot 6/23 from the floor and we won EASILY against the current Eastern Champ in a second night of a back-to-back????

I mean... James Jones is the Executive of the Year.

Cam Payne is a great backup PG, Craig is a better addition than any available C who does not know really how to pass/shoot, Saric is on a nice contract as one of the best backup Cs in the league...James Jones envisioned all of that and everything is working PERFECTLY.

Ayton played a MONSTER game.

We are so good than sometimes I lose interest in the game. True. :lol:

Yeah, I think Jones deserves executive of the year. But often times the teams who make MAJOR star additions get it so I won't be surprised if the Brooklyn GM gets it.

Coach of the year should be Monty, but I think Thibs has done well...the OKC guy impressed me...and Quin Snyder might get his due if they finish with top record.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#152 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:29 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was that the Booker foul? That was pretty unnecessarily aggressive...I think it could have been...and a 3rd unnecessary foul right before half.

He REALLY needs to get his emotions under control prior to playoffs. Unfortunately I think he will be more amped up...won't be surprised if he gets an ejection in the playoffs. How close is he to getting suspended for too many techs?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#153 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:31 pm

suns12345 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

The day someone gets ejected for a player landing on their foot is the day the NBA has gone over the edge of reason.

I think if intentional it should be serious...like that Zaza one on Kawhi when the Spurs looked like they could give that elite warriors team some trouble.

Kawhi never seemed to fully heal..or at least it took a LONG time...unless he was milking it (and he probably was to some extent) but was cautious and pissed being pressured by teammates.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,017

Post#154 » by grumpysaddle » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Pfttt! Dexter has been around since you were in high school. If you haven't watched it by now you never will.

It was a joke.

Also, I'm 40. I'm old. Dexter premiered in 2006. I finished high school in 2005... when I was 24, thank yoU!

I think that still might be relatively old for this forum....we had that poll...may be in the community thread still...maybe should bump that one. Those are fun to look back at....especially guys like that guy with orange in his name who lived with his mom but met a girl at a grocery store he said was really hot and had amazing "times" with her immediately and maybe got married and disappeared.

Not sure if anyone remembers him but he posted a lot I think.

Also, I didn't finish high school in 2005, I graduated in 1999. I still think it's early 2000s sometimes. Getting old is weird.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#155 » by Revived » Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Was that the Booker foul? That was pretty unnecessarily aggressive...I think it could have been...and a 3rd unnecessary foul right before half.

He REALLY needs to get his emotions under control prior to playoffs. Unfortunately I think he will be more amped up...won't be surprised if he gets an ejection in the playoffs. How close is he to getting suspended for too many techs?

I may be wrong but I thought it was Butler stepping on Jevon Carter’s foot? And iirc, Carter wasn’t even turned to Butler or facing him.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,989

Post#156 » by Saberestar » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:36 pm

I have a six month baby so it's a miracle that I watch every single game :lol: , but lately I can't watch it live.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#157 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:51 pm

Saberestar wrote:

I have a six month baby so it's a miracle that I watch every single game :lol: , but lately I can't watch it live.

Well congrats to you.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,444

Post#158 » by dremill24 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't mean to try to rob you of a reason to criticize Booker, :wink: but He's referring to a would-be foul on Carter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#159 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:07 pm

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't mean to try to rob you of a reason to criticize Booker, :wink: but He's referring to a would-be foul on Carter

Yeah, I got that from the subsequent posts, but regardless, his foul near the end of the half on Butler was unnecessary and probably could have been called a flagrant.

I think he hurts us more with techs and dumb fouls than anyone else. I'm sure many will call someone else for that but I feel it's pretty indisputable.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,444

Post#160 » by dremill24 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, I got that from the subsequent posts, but regardless, his foul near the end of the half on Butler was unnecessary and probably could have been called a flagrant.

I think he hurts us more with techs and dumb fouls than anyone else. I'm sure many will call someone else for that but I feel it's pretty indisputable.

Im just teasing more than anything.

Im not too concerned about the technicals...he definitely knows some magic words to get quick Ts lol and obviously he gets more than anyone else on the team so hes the biggest problem there. Id say its more than you want but not that Dray/Sheed level stuff.

He definitely picks up bad fouls, and is terrible at playing with foul trouble. Ive states before that he and DA pick up a lot of needless fouls where theyre in pretty good position but do random **** with their hands/arms that get them a foul for no real reason. Im more concerned about him missing time/giving up FTs regarding foul trouble than Ts. If theres anyone that can benefit from the perceived 'looser' whistles in the playoffs, hopefully its him lol. But I also worry that it'll be for a team with a good perimeter scorer to just head-hunt him into isos and draw quick fouls on him and send him to the bench.

Return to Phoenix Suns