Total votes: 24

Hitachi77
Senior
And1: 687

Re: Game 14: Suns vs Blazers 

Post#141 » by Hitachi77 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:34 am

sashaturiaf wrote:
Revived wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Absolutely loving those Little minutes. So much energy, can shoot, makes great hustle plays and has looked really good out there

I said it when the trade happened, he’s like a poor man’s or maybe homeless man’s version of Mikal Bridges from Mikal’s first 3 years. He should absolutely be in the rotation.

Only concern with him is that much like most of this roster, he’s been very injury prone during his time with Portland. But when healthy and available yeah he should be playing.

Out of all our role player wings, Little seems to be the best fit on paper since he's got all the role player skillsets covered. He's not elite in any of them but he's adequate.

Out of the rest. Yuta is missing some strength on defense, KBD lacks energy and a nose for the ball, Grayson is too short and Okogie is missing altogether on offense.

Grayson our best by far. Right now he is the only one I trust will make open 3s in the playoffs. I trust Gordon not to be scared to take them, but not necessarily to make them at a high clip. Everyone else, except for Yuta, not so sure.

Yes, other things matter, but here’s the order in terms of what we need from our role playing wings:

1. Make open shots
Good sized gap
2. Defense
Grand Canyon gap
3. Everything else
enigmatics
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,346

Post#142 » by enigmatics » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:51 am

sunsbg wrote:No doubt about it. Shaq & Kobe 2.0 ... in the sense they didn't like each other.

Book has every reason not to respect him.

DA on the other hand doesn't have a single legitimate reason to no respect Book. He wasted opportunity and teammates who challenged him to compete at the level they were.

He may put on a fake face about it, but 'm sure it bothers him having to watch Book become the face of the franchise and he gets exiled to a team that has no real future right now.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,447

Post#143 » by Puff » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:47 am

This team desperately needs another playmaker when Book is on the bench either resting or in Street Clothes.

It does not appear that BBB will be able to do that job. At least until his back issues go away. Even then we could use someone else.

I certainly am not a back expert but is it good for BBB to sit on the bench during games he is not playing?

Why not give Saben Lee at least a few minutes to see if he could be a solution. He must suck in practice.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,459

Post#144 » by sasquatchBob » Wed Nov 22, 2023 10:24 am

Puff wrote:This team desperately needs another playmaker when Book is on the bench either resting or in Street Clothes.

It does not appear that BBB will be able to do that job. At least until his back issues go away. Even then we could use someone else.

I certainly am not a back expert but is it good for BBB to sit on the bench during games he is not playing?

Why not give Saben Lee at least a few minutes to see if he could be a solution. He must suck in practice.

Why? You think he'll injure his back further if he's sitting there?
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,360

Post#145 » by Calvin Klein » Wed Nov 22, 2023 11:38 am

That game went just as most would have predicted.

The team is looking better. Still pretty bad on defense but that's to be expected unfortunately.

Book definitely was frustrated with Ayton when he was in Phoenix. It wasn't only obvious, but it was reported by a couple of people in the media. Maybe not reported, but implied several times.
Fifii
Sophomore
And1: 114

Post#146 » by Fifii » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:11 pm

In my opinion if Ayton played like this in last PO, we could win series against Denver. He has been everywhere on the floor. He grabbed rebounds , set screens and make smooth jump shoots.

Definitely he didn’t like us :lol:

What a game from KD and Devin. You can’t double team their at the same time so one of them is open. Devin is also creator when he didn’t score. Maybe we don’t need Beal on PG

Rest of players plays good but me surprised Little. He bring huge effort from the bench.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#147 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed Nov 22, 2023 1:29 pm

Fifii wrote:In my opinion if Ayton played like this in last PO, we could win series against Denver. He has been everywhere on the floor. He grabbed rebounds , set screens and make smooth jump shoots.

What a game from KD and Devin. You can’t double team their at the same time so one of them is open. Devin is also creator when he didn’t score. Maybe we don’t need Beal on PG

Rest of players plays good but me surprised Little. He bring huge effort from the bench.

I call him Stuart little

enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#148 » by enigmatics » Wed Nov 22, 2023 2:55 pm

Fifii wrote:In my opinion if Ayton played like this in last PO, we could win series against Denver. He has been everywhere on the floor. He grabbed rebounds , set screens and make smooth jump shoots.

Wait wut?

We've already known about the jump shot and nobody has ever criticized him for that albeit it's all he has. It was always about maintaining a high level of effort and as we saw last night - he came out hot then petered off into the sunset by the second half. Not even just offensively mind you, as on defense he and the Blazers allowed a season high 66 pts in the paint to the Suns.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,854

Post#149 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:14 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=e2jUjMUourhO2823KONxMg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Espo, Lindsey and Saul on the PHNX pod was debating whether the "challenge" comment by Book was throwing shade at DA or just a harmless comment. Apparently 66% of listeners thought it was

I think some of both. I don't think like vicious shade but like what he probably told him before..and what frustrated Book...pointing out he doesn't play hard every night and challenging him to do that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,854

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 5:22 pm

sunsbg wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Espo, Lindsey and Saul on the PHNX pod was debating whether the "challenge" comment by Book was throwing shade at DA or just a harmless comment. Apparently 66% of listeners thought it was
It's harmless and it's true, but it's definitely a little shot at DA.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

No doubt about it. Shaq & Kobe 2.0 ... in the sense they didn't like each other.

Yeah, I think it hurts more for him because he wanted the Suns to draft him...much like the posters that continue to be the most pissed here are the ones who wanted to draft him and had really high expectations.

I watched him at AZ and was pissed off watching a crappy Buffalo team's guards carve him up in the tourney...and was very scared the Suns would draft him..even though I knew they would (even though I liked Bagley less and I felt he was McD's 2nd choice) but really wanted Luka.

After Ayton's rookie year, he ended up actually better than I expected the next few years, but my expectations were low in the draft and even lower after his rookie year. But that defensive regression in year 4 and further regression on both sides last year when the team was in disarray, and all the noise and toxicity around him, it's good he is elsewhere now. And Nurkic is playing well. It's good to see Little finally playing pretty well too and Allen shooting 3s well. I think it still is a good trade for both teams. I think Portland needs to get healthy, probably add another high pick, work out an offense and get some 3 pt shooting, but I think Camara might be a nice player for them too.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,447

Post#151 » by Puff » Wed Nov 22, 2023 6:18 pm

sasquatchBob wrote:
Puff wrote:This team desperately needs another playmaker when Book is on the bench either resting or in Street Clothes.

Why? You think he'll injure his back further if he's sitting there?

I have no idea. I just want him to get healthy enough to play. The sooner the better.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,261

Post#152 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:02 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:It's harmless and it's true, but it's definitely a little shot at DA.

No doubt about it. Shaq & Kobe 2.0 ... in the sense they didn't like each other.

Yeah, I think it hurts more for him because he wanted the Suns to draft him...much like the posters that continue to be the most pissed here are the ones who wanted to draft him and had really high expectations.

I watched him at AZ and was pissed off watching a crappy Buffalo team's guards carve him up in the tourney...and was very scared the Suns would draft him..even though I knew they would (even though I liked Bagley less and I felt he was McD's 2nd choice) but really wanted Luka.

After Ayton's rookie year, he ended up actually better than I expected the next few years, but my expectations were low in the draft and even lower after his rookie year. But that defensive regression in year 4 and further regression on both sides last year when the team was in disarray, and all the noise and toxicity around him, it's good he is elsewhere now. And Nurkic is playing well. It's good to see Little finally playing pretty well too and Allen shooting 3s well. I think it still is a good trade for both teams. I think Portland needs to get healthy, probably add another high pick, work out an offense and get some 3 pt shooting, but I think Camara might be a nice player for them too.

Hard to make big conclusions from a single game or even a stretch of games. I watched Luka in 5-6 EL games late in the season when he cooled off. In one of those against a greek team Real could barely bring the ball up the court and Luka's step back's were off in those games. Yes, he won MVP and a title, but it's Real who are aways at the top and talent is not that great. So I assumed both will be great, but probably in 10-25 range in NBA. Ayton made more sense next to Booker. How can someone predict exactly how their game develops ? Ayton was bad on defense and improved greatly. Who would have thought Doncic will dominate the ball and the post ? In the end it turns out character matters the most and McDonough was terrible at evaluating it. Swap both players' desire and motivation and the result is completely different.

Anyway, I follow two teams that passed on Luka. Kings fans were happy with Fox over Doncic the other day after beating the Mavs. Suns fans should be happy with Booker + KD. I hope DA finds happiness too.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,688

Post#153 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:32 pm

sunsbg wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Hard to make big conclusions from a single game or even a stretch of games. I watched Luka in 5-6 EL games late in the season when he cooled off. In one of those against a greek team Real could barely bring the ball up the court and Luka's step back's were off in those games. Yes, he won MVP and a title, but it's Real who are aways at the top and talent is not that great. So I assumed both will be great, but probably in 10-25 range in NBA. Ayton made more sense next to Booker. How can someone predict exactly how their game develops ? Ayton was bad on defense and improved greatly. Who would have thought Doncic will dominate the ball and the post ? In the end it turns out character matters the most and McDonough was terrible at evaluating it. Swap both players' desire and motivation and the result is completely different.

Anyway, I follow two teams that passed on Luka. Kings fans were happy with Fox over Doncic the other day after beating the Mavs. Suns fans should be happy with Booker + KD. I hope DA finds happiness too.
I was all in on Luka after about 20 minutes of watching him. He just seemed so damn instinctual at such a young age, some guys just see the floor/game differently and you could tell he was one of those dudes.

I absolutely gutted me when they didn't take him. Especially to take a guy who couldn't create his own shot, there's a limited ceiling for guys like that.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#154 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:35 pm

On the game, I'd like to see more of Metu. Just like Little he appears to have various skills. Looked good in preseason so nice to see him get some mins finally.
enigmatics
Lead Assistant

Post#155 » by enigmatics » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:47 pm

sunsbg wrote:On the game, I'd like to see more of Metu. Just like Little he appears to have various skills. Looked good in preseason so nice to see him get some mins finally.

Same.

For the life of me I still can't figure out while Vogel has been so stubborn thru this early part of the season to give him some run.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#156 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:47 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I was all in on Luka after about 20 minutes of watching him. He just seemed so damn instinctual at such a young age, some guys just see the floor/game differently and you could tell he was one of those dudes.

I absolutely gutted me when they didn't take him. Especially to take a guy who couldn't create his own shot, there's a limited ceiling for guys like that.

Yup, in regards to Luka concerns were mainly on defensive end, but still my questions are valid. In regards to DA, was Duncan able to create his own shot first year in college averaging 9ppg IIRC ? Or Amare who was compared to Ben Wallace in draft sites and could only dunk ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#157 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:04 pm

sunsbg wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I was all in on Luka after about 20 minutes of watching him. He just seemed so damn instinctual at such a young age, some guys just see the floor/game differently and you could tell he was one of those dudes.

Yup, in regards to Luka concerns were mainly on defensive end, but still my questions are valid. In regards to DA, was Duncan able to create his own shot first year in college averaging 9ppg IIRC ? Or Amare who was compared to Ben Wallace in draft sites and could only dunk ?

Duncan was one of the 10 best players to ever live so I just wouldn't ever expect anyone to turn out like him.

I actually thought Ayton would be a lot like Amare because in theory he should have been a nasty rim runner. But I also thought Amare was the 3rd best player on those suns teams behind Nash and Marrion. No team was winning **** if Amare was your best player.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,350

Post#158 » by Frank Lee » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:07 pm

Maybe Vogel is sly… thinking if he plays Little a lot, it will increase his value and the ‘sell short for today’ two headed brain of the MadMatter and IThomas will yank Jones’ puppet strings and deal him.

We arent going to pick up a difference maker/ needle mover in a trade with the limp biscuits we have to offer up. Little is the kind of dude you hang on to and if he balls out, becomes a bargain. Hes really our only prospect

This years hopes rely on Book and KD willing us through the playoffs with some nuclear play. Oh yeah, and that Beal dude I’ve heard so much about.
What ? Me Worry ?
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#159 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:21 pm

Frank Lee wrote:Maybe Vogel is sly… thinking if he plays Little a lot, it will increase his value and the ‘sell short for today’ two headed brain of the MadMatter and IThomas will yank Jones’ puppet strings and deal him.

We arent going to pick up a difference maker/ needle mover in a trade with the limp biscuits we have to offer up. Little is the kind of dude you hang on to and if he balls out, becomes a bargain. Hes really our only prospect

This years hopes rely on Book and KD willing us through the playoffs with some nuclear play. Oh yeah, and that Beal dude I’ve heard so much about.
Nas is interesting because he was the number 2 ranked player of his high school class so there's definitely some predigree and raw takent. Would be a hell of a coup if he finally puts it all together.

sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#160 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 22, 2023 8:23 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
sunsbg wrote:

Duncan was one of the 10 best players to ever live so I just wouldn't ever expect anyone to turn out like him.

I actually thought Ayton would be a lot like Amare because in theory he should have been a nasty rim runner. But I also thought Amare was the 3rd best player on those suns teams behind Nash and Marrion. No team was winning **** if Amare was your best player.

Ayton reminded me most of Ewing, not Duncan, not Robinson. The point though - it's hard to predict how a player develops. Ayton had all the potential based on production, physical attributes, etc., but apparently lacked the required motivation to be more than just a good player.

Return to Phoenix Suns