38%
6%
6%

Total votes: 16

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,803

Re: Game 54: Miami Heat (28-25) @ Phoenix Suns (38-15) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#161 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 pm

dremill24 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:
Don't mean to try to rob you of a reason to criticize Booker, :wink: but He's referring to a would-be foul on Carter

Yeah, I got that from the subsequent posts, but regardless, his foul near the end of the half on Butler was unnecessary and probably could have been called a flagrant.

I think he hurts us more with techs and dumb fouls than anyone else. I'm sure many will call someone else for that but I feel it's pretty indisputable.

Im just teasing more than anything.

Im not too concerned about the technicals...he definitely knows some magic words to get quick Ts lol and obviously he gets more than anyone else on the team so hes the biggest problem there. Id say its more than you want but not that Dray/Sheed level stuff.

He definitely picks up bad fouls, and is terrible at playing with foul trouble. Ive states before that he and DA pick up a lot of needless fouls where theyre in pretty good position but do random **** with their hands/arms that get them a foul for no real reason. Im more concerned about him missing time/giving up FTs regarding foul trouble than Ts. If theres anyone that can benefit from the perceived 'looser' whistles in the playoffs, hopefully its him lol. But I also worry that it'll be for a team with a good perimeter scorer to just head-hunt him into isos and draw quick fouls on him and send him to the bench.

Yeah, Ayton picks up some bad fouls but he does a lot more defending and also is younger and learns pretty quickly and also has gotten good at times at defending really well while making sure he doesn't pick up fouls. But you see the occasional unnecessary hand or push or whatever.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Game 54: Miami Heat (28-25) @ Phoenix Suns (38-15) l Tuesday l 7:00pm l BSAZ 

Post#162 » by bwgood77 » Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:46 pm

Kyler Murray wrote:I was posting more early in the season because of the enthusiasm of a new season, plus I was constantly defending Ayton because I've never witnessed a more unjustified hate for a single player than the one for him. But it's really hard to keep up with a West Coast team living in Greece. Used to watch the games the next day but I'm now focusing on starting a Web dev career so I spent most of time coding nowadays.

Yeah, I understand the Ayton stuff obviously. I can understand some leaving or posting less because of it and I do know many that constantly defended him are not around as much like you, Kerrsed, JMac and a number of others.

So I became the echo chamber in defense but then got ragged on for defending him.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#163 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:47 pm

I have issues with my computer from home, so I tend to post the next day from work. I try and watch every game, and if I can't, I watch as many highlights or videos from the game. There is a lot to celebrate this season, but there are so many areas where this team could improve. Constructive criticism should happen all the time, or growth will not likely happen. No trophies for just showing up.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,269

Post#164 » by Bogyo » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:00 pm

I always post less in the latter parts of the season. By this time we've pretty much figured out who and what we are (good or bad), less excitement generally (good or bad), less topics - especially less topics that haven't been beaten to death by now numerous times.
I watch the game, and comment on whatever I feel like I have to point out afterwards.

Ayton did not get a lot of uwarranted criticism in my POW. We did not call for his firstborns blood, and we did not want him to get traded for Tristan Thompson. But views will differ on this too - I just don't feel like arguing about it, especially how he has turned it around since then. I hope for good. I've given him credit numerous times since.

Also - complaining/whining: it's very basic human nature/instinct. Business psichology 101: a bad experience will be shared almost 10 times more than a positive. Be it food, customer service, traffic, work, whatever. Human brain is just wired like that, the negative experiences stick longer psychologically proven.
IE: we don't really have a (n active) thread for how good Book or CP or Mikal is. No other teams forum does. The long threads are always about the bad/contraversial players. Not a coincidance.
# waiting for the next chapter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#165 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:31 pm

RunDogGun wrote:I have issues with my computer from home, so I tend to post the next day from work. I try and watch every game, and if I can't, I watch as many highlights or videos from the game. There is a lot to celebrate this season, but there are so many areas where this team could improve. Constructive criticism should happen all the time, or growth will not likely happen. No trophies for just showing up.

Do you have league pass? I got it for the first time and the $109 individual team for the season is well worth it. Even if you can't watch full game, 3 hours later or any time after that you can watch condensed game in 10 minutes...show most scoring plays.

Or video of full game but fast through all stoppages, commercials, reviews, free throws, timeouts, etc and get through it in probably a little over an hour....or just casually watch.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#166 » by RunDogGun » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:15 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
RunDogGun wrote:I have issues with my computer from home, so I tend to post the next day from work. I try and watch every game, and if I can't, I watch as many highlights or videos from the game. There is a lot to celebrate this season, but there are so many areas where this team could improve. Constructive criticism should happen all the time, or growth will not likely happen. No trophies for just showing up.

Do you have league pass? I got it for the first time and the $109 individual team for the season is well worth it. Even if you can't watch full game, 3 hours later or any time after that you can watch condensed game in 10 minutes...show most scoring plays.

Or video of full game but fast through all stoppages, commercials, reviews, free throws, timeouts, etc and get through it in probably a little over an hour....or just casually watch.

I didn't buy league pass this year. I lucked out with catching every national televised game, all the free league pass days, and every game here in MN. They also showed a couple of games as the Game of the Day on NBAtv. I watch all the highlights of the full games
on youtube. Maybe next year I will buy league pass, but with Covid, funds have been better spent elsewhere.

Return to Phoenix Suns