ImageImageImage

Phoenix Suns @ Minnesota Timberwolves [Game 43]

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Black Jesus 1
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#161 » by Black Jesus 1 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:36 am

Shzm13 wrote:OT: Good grief, Jefferson is ugly!

Whats that colossal nob on his face??
:rofl:
huk
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#162 » by huk » Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:42 am

well, at least i'm not a ballboy anymore :P
myron
Junior

Post#163 » by myron » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:35 am

lmao. how did we lose to this team again?
impulsenine
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#164 » by impulsenine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:48 am

*vomit*
impulsenine
Analyst

Post#165 » by impulsenine » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:51 am

myron wrote:lmao. how did we lose to this team again?

Minnesota total shots: 92 + 34 free throws
Phoenix total shots: 75 + 13 free throws.

Minnesota rebounds: 48 (22 offensive)
Phoenix rebounds: 23 (3 offensive)

When you have 3/4 the number of opportunities to score...

Also? Those 3 offensive rebounds? Two of them were by guards (Nash & Barbosa).

:clap: :clap:
djuandemarco
Senior
And1: 4

Post#166 » by djuandemarco » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:53 am

myron wrote:lmao. how did we lose to this team again?

offensive rebounds...

It was a very fustrating game to watch...and when you're drunk is even worse.

But, at the end of the day...

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

This year we're gonna win it all...quote me on july

:beer:
ma_falaa_50
Analyst

Post#167 » by ma_falaa_50 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:54 am

I always felt "attitude reflect leadership" and the suns lack of hustle is not coming from Nash. Could it be stat? or could it be Dantoni? the suns have 3 leaders- Nash, MD, and Amare. Nash plays his heart out every night. I think for me Amare is part of the blame and Md is part of the blame. I think there needs to be consistency between these guys. Dantoni needs to teach and emphasize fundamentals because its what the suns lack. Rebounding can be taught and so can defense. I doubt MD ability to teach because he doesnt believe in boxing out or when things get tough he doesnt stick with his defense. Im sorry but when the game is on the line I want NAsh, Hill, Bell, Marion, and Amare. LB and his lack of consistency on making smart decisions is pissing me off. I want skinner to get more PT with Amare and Diaw needs to continue to fight for minutes. Dantoni's smallball really isnt going to hack it hwne the suns play the Jazz, the lakers, the spurs, or any team that knows how to rebound.

gut check time suckas!
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#168 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:10 am

Gahhh - this game wasn't broadcast up here so I atched toronto squeak by Boston, which cheered me up, only to have everything turn back to crap reading this game thread.
How the hell do we lose twice to these guys>
(Yeah, i know how - I read the numbers.)

I wonder if Nash is getting dispirited with all this? Maybe he needs to kick some asses - looks like d'antoni can't do it.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,333

Post#169 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 24, 2008 5:13 am

Anyone else think Gomes would be rather nice here?

What a joke. this team needs a kick in the butt and Marion...my god...2 rebounds for the team's highest paid player, and 7 points? come on you're better than that...
tayzer
Junior

Post#170 » by tayzer » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:15 am

Wow, Suns lost to sorry Wolves. I guess it's time for u guys to rebuild.
shrink
RealGM
And1: 15,350

Post#171 » by shrink » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:28 am

TASTIC wrote:Anyone else think Gomes would be rather nice here?

Make an offer. He had the game of his life last game (35 PTS, 11 RB) but has been about 17 PPG, 7 RPG since he became a regular starter a month ago. He can score inside and out, defend a little, pass and rebound, but mostly I like his poise.

MIN might trade him for some future considerations since they are really playing for the future. Gomes is cheap production, but he's a restricted free agent at the end of the season, and MIN might try to bring him back in 2008.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#172 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:28 am

Shzm13 wrote:Elton Brand can opt out after this year.. God, i hope we let Marion go and get Brand.

I doubt Brand opts out and leaves all that guaranteed money, but I would love a Marion/Barbosa/ATL for Brand/TT trade, especially if we can include Banks and get Sam I Am back.

Man, ugly loss. Just plain ugly...
-SDU-
RealGM
And1: 30
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#173 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:24 am

just finished watching

ill say what i said after the bucks game and MANY other games this year

THE WAY WE USE AMARE STOUDEMIRE IS A MOTHER EFFIN JOKE!

demand a trade amare, go average 35ppg somewhere that respects what you can bring to the team
-SDU-
RealGM
Location: -SDU-'s hitlist - David Stern, Robert Horry, Stu Jackson, Tim Donaghy, Argentina, Doomsdayers

Post#174 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:30 am

-SDU- wrote:suns lose by 3

i knew we wouldnt win
-SDU-
RealGM

Post#175 » by -SDU- » Thu Jan 24, 2008 8:35 am

oh yeah, im calling ass on skinner, dude started nicely this season, but im over his production

he is consistently our worse plus minus guy and i swear he is always 2 seconds late for EVERY block and i havent seen him dish our one strong foul, or anything lately

PJ brown, or someone, come take skinners minutes, he has regressed from earlier this year

also eff DJ strawberry, just cos he can play some okay defense doesnt make up for his offensive, um whats the technical term? CRAPNESS!

marcus banks can give us more in those minutes than DJ does i dont care what the DJ nuthuggers say
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#176 » by nashill » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

-SDU- wrote:oh yeah, im calling ass on skinner, dude started nicely this season, but im over his production

he is consistently our worse plus minus guy and i swear he is always 2 seconds late for EVERY block and i havent seen him dish our one strong foul, or anything lately

PJ brown, or someone, come take skinners minutes, he has regressed from earlier this year

also eff DJ strawberry, just cos he can play some okay defense doesnt make up for his offensive, um whats the technical term? CRAPNESS!

marcus banks can give us more in those minutes than DJ does i dont care what the DJ nuthuggers say

I thought you're relax and enjoying the ride? :P

PJ wont play again. Skinner usually plays with the second unit. He's a decent backup center and we're lucky we have him. And, if you are talking about +/-, Amare and Skinner has a good +/- when playing together. Go tell your friend Mike about that. :lol:
nashill
Sixth Man
And1: 20

Post#177 » by nashill » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

-SDU- wrote:oh yeah, im calling ass on skinner, dude started nicely this season, but im over his production

I thought you're relax and enjoying the ride? :P

PJ wont play again. Skinner usually plays with the second unit. He's a decent backup center and we're lucky we have him. And, if you are talking about +/-, Amare and Skinner has a good +/- when playing together. Go tell your friend Mike about that. :lol:
mkot
RealGM
And1: 1,425

Post#178 » by mkot » Thu Jan 24, 2008 9:32 am

SDU wrote:he has regressed from earlier this year

He is just being who he is suppose to be - a backup role player not really wanted by many teams. The Suns FO gambled that Amare, Boris and Skinner (oh and also Marks :roll: ) were enough 'big' men to get them through the season but when you look at their size, they just don't have the beef to defend other teams in the post...we need a KT - a tough nose post defender who, grabs rebound, sets hard screen and makes mid-range. Skinner is a better athlete and shot blocker, that's it. He probably fits this team better than KT does because he can run and block shot, but he is no KT on what we need from our big.

Not fair. His offense does stinks, but you can't be mad at a kid when he only has 5 minutes to work with and show what he can do, especially in a crap game that makes everyone look bad. I just hope that he gets better opportunities and isn't solely judged on these few minute stints. I think coach should've give him some minutes in the 1st half, not just throw him out there in the 4th while we're down big.
myron
Junior

Post#179 » by myron » Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:21 am

is it just me, or is it anytime the Suns lose, they get 'scorched'? (according to NBA.com)
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,501

Post#180 » by Ballings7 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:54 am

Shzm13 wrote:Elton Brand can opt out after this year.. God, i hope we let Marion go and get Brand.

That looks unlikely:

RealGM Staff Report -
This summer, Elton Brand can elect to opt out of his contract to become a free agent, but owner Donald Sterling does not anticipate that happening.

"One, based on my conversation with Elton, he's not going to opt out," Sterling told the Los Angeles Times. "And two, whatever he asks for, I think he deserves. He is our franchise player; we need him. You saw a short time ago we were pretty close to being a special team, and now without him you see how difficult it is."

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi ... o_opt_out/
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics

Return to Phoenix Suns