Post#181 » by Saberestar » Fri May 3, 2024 6:53 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,774

Re: The Official 2024 Offseason Thread 

Post#182 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 3, 2024 6:57 pm

Maybe we can lobby Silver to take action and add to the Stepien rule with an amendment, calling it The Ishbia amendment, to save him from himself.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,222

Post#183 » by sunsbg » Fri May 3, 2024 7:02 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Who is this magical player who is available for only two 1sts that makes less than Nurkic that would actually make a difference?

I'm trying to think of a really old, injury prone, used to be good, C that we could trade Nurkic, Little and our picks for. But I'll have to think about it a little more.

Who said it should be a C. As Nets fan suggested in 'Suns owner is not very smart' GB thread it could be someone like Poole. The fit is undeniable.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,054

Post#184 » by Son of Ra » Fri May 3, 2024 7:31 pm

Me after catching up on the last 5-6 pages....

LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,936

Post#185 » by LV-Suns » Fri May 3, 2024 7:48 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would hate to watch Bud head to the Lakers while we're stuck with Vogel. Vogel seems like a square peg we're trying to force into a round hole. His focus has always been on defense, which is great, but our team is packed with high-caliber offensive players who need to be put in their ideal positions. Bud has a track record of leading teams to high-octane offenses, and that's what we need right now.
I Dont wanna be here
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,559

Post#186 » by Stix » Fri May 3, 2024 7:51 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Who is this magical player who is available for only two 1sts that makes less than Nurkic that would actually make a difference?

I'm trying to think of a really old, injury prone, used to be good, C that we could trade Nurkic, Little and our picks for. But I'll have to think about it a little more.

Sounds like Brook Lopez to me.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,459

Post#187 » by dremill24 » Fri May 3, 2024 8:09 pm

Stix wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Sounds like Brook Lopez to me.

Lopez makes $23mil next season, which is more thank Nurkic makes, and you cant add Little, so hes out. (and that doesnt even take into consideration whether Milwaukee would want to give him up for what we have).
KLEON
Analyst
And1: 1,972

Post#188 » by KLEON » Fri May 3, 2024 8:14 pm

For the numbers ppl out there. Is there any chance the Suns could get Oubre, Payne and McGee. I'm also hoping that Jones and Ishbia are come their senses and trade Beal. I'm hoping the Sixers come up short in pursuing PG13, The Butler and B.I and then pursue Beal in a trade.
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,945

Post#189 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri May 3, 2024 8:25 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/podcasts/balldontlie/

Jake Fischer discusses the suns cap space situation under the 2nd apron at around 30:00 minutes in! :wink:
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,945

Post#190 » by Ghost of Kleine » Fri May 3, 2024 8:50 pm

dremill24 wrote:Who is this magical player who is available for only two 1sts that make less than Nurkic that would actually make a difference?

There are really three names that come to mind for me that'd fit that criteria and are in the 12 million dollar range that I'm sure they'll pursue!
1- Steven Adams.
2- Richaun Holmes.
3- Mitchell Robinson.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,300

Post#191 » by King4Day » Fri May 3, 2024 9:14 pm

Well, they certainly aren't firing him if they are already planning to extend him.
I wonder if we should go after someone like Charles Lee from Boston. Sounds like he's a hot commodity and I don't want to recycle coaches anymore.

Read on Twitter
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#192 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:16 pm

The reason Vogel hasn’t been fired is because the Suns don’t know who could possibility replace him. It sounds like Ty Lue will be extended with the Clippers, so who else is available? I FEEL like JJ Reddick will be a good coach, but it could turn out so bad if he’s not. We might just stick with Vogel honestly. The Suns are screwed with Vogel if so. I have always got a fake vibe from Vogel, when I read the players thought the same, I was laughing so hard.

We should have never let go of Monty honestly. One thing I respect the hell outta Monty is that he held his players accountable. This team desperately needs that. I think JJ Reddick would do the same.

For those saying blow it up, you can’t do that when you don’t control your picks. The Suns are not going to blow it up and they shouldn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,020

Post#193 » by Saberestar » Fri May 3, 2024 9:21 pm

KLEON wrote:For the numbers ppl out there. Is there any chance the Suns could get Oubre, Payne and McGee. I'm also hoping that Jones and Ishbia are come their senses and trade Beal. I'm hoping the Sixers come up short in pursuing PG13, The Butler and B.I and then pursue Beal in a trade.

Hard pass on McGee, he is retiring from basketball.

We can't sign Oubre and I am not a fan of him.

I would be OK with Payne but I would prefer a better PG...hopefully McConnell or Schroder.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,052

Post#194 » by TeamTragic » Fri May 3, 2024 9:29 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:
dremill24 wrote:Who is this magical player who is available for only two 1sts that make less than Nurkic that would actually make a difference?

There are really three names that come to mind for me that'd fit that criteria and are in the 12 million dollar range that I'm sure they'll pursue!
1- Steven Adams.
2- Richaun Holmes.
3- Mitchell Robinson.

Anyone on that list would fit better on this team
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 6,052

Post#195 » by TeamTragic » Fri May 3, 2024 9:30 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:The reason Vogel hasn’t been fired is because the Suns don’t know who could possibility replace him. It sounds like Ty Lue will be extended with the Clippers, so who else is available? I FEEL like JJ Reddick will be a good coach, but it could turn out so bad if he’s not. We might just stick with Vogel honestly. The Suns are screwed with Vogel if so. I have always got a fake vibe from Vogel, when I read the players thought the same, I was laughing so hard.

We should have never let go of Monty honestly. One thing I respect the hell outta Monty is that he held his players accountable. This team desperately needs that. I think JJ Reddick would do the same.

For those saying blow it up, you can’t do that when you don’t control your picks. The Suns are not going to blow it up and they shouldn’t.

Monty was absolute dog **** JD
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,555

Post#196 » by Jdiddy701 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:38 pm

TeamTragic wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:The reason Vogel hasn’t been fired is because the Suns don’t know who could possibility replace him. It sounds like Ty Lue will be extended with the Clippers, so who else is available? I FEEL like JJ Reddick will be a good coach, but it could turn out so bad if he’s not. We might just stick with Vogel honestly. The Suns are screwed with Vogel if so. I have always got a fake vibe from Vogel, when I read the players thought the same, I was laughing so hard.

Every coach is dog ish according to you guys.

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#197 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 9:45 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

Where were you in the playoffs? At least Saber showed up to support this stupid team. But you were nowhere to be found after saying how great this team was and we should be patient. Hmm
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,459

Post#198 » by dremill24 » Fri May 3, 2024 9:50 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:

1- Steven Adams.
2- Richaun Holmes.
3- Mitchell Robinson.

1-Adams is nice in theory, but you have to trade either Nurkic or Allen for him. Rockets went outta their way to get him while injured, which could be because of his contract status (1yr left at this point). Nurk for Adams swap doesnt seem to make a lot of sense, as Nurkic is on the books for multiple years and he'd be a backup to their best player. Adams could also be just done from an injury standpoint, where he only serves as expiring salary filler for them, which Nurkic would not be. So if they wouldnt be that interested in Nurkic the player or Nurkic the contract, then I think hes out. That leaves Allen. They could be into Allen the player if they're willing to stomach his contract. If we pretend they would swap Adams for Allen (I would guess they probably dont but its not crazy), then it becomes a question of whether that makes the Suns any better. A prime, fully healthy Adams is surely a nice piece, but Im not sure that player exists anymore. Also, Id wager that Allen actually has more trade value than Adams, so it also becomes a question of whether Allen could be moved for something better and more impactful, I would guess he could. I also dont think Adams ends up moving the needle, really.

2-Holmes just doesnt really help any NBA team at this point...

3-Robinson is easily the best player of the 3. And its the same question of Allen or Nurkic. Do either make sense for the Knicks? I think Nurkic is an easy no, Robinson is better and cheaper, and they're likely pretty "win-now" so downgrading Robinson to Nurkic just to get a 1st doesnt seem likely, especially with Hartenstein as a flight risk. Allen for Robinson? Again, the talent tradeoff isnt crazy, but would NY want to make the swap? Perhaps if Hartenstein comes back its not impossible, but I kinda doubt it. Is Robinson helpful for PHX? If hes healthy (major concern), sure. Helpful enough to warrant a straight swap? Possibly. Helpful enough to warrant Allen plus a 1st if they demand it? I dont think so. Would he even move the needle enough if they got him for free? Not by himself.

My question was more rhetorical as I do not believe there is a <$18mil player who can be had for our limited draft assets that would actually raise the team's ceiling enough to warrant mortgaging even more of the future. This team is not a Rudy Gay-for-Shane Battier 'fit' trade away from contending. They need way more than you can get with two picks and a mediocre center.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,339

Post#199 » by Slim Charless » Fri May 3, 2024 9:59 pm

SunsRback4Good wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:
TeamTragic wrote:

Where were you in the playoffs? At least Saber showed up to support this stupid team. But you were nowhere to be found after saying how great this team was and we should be patient. Hmm

Watching Monty Williams highlights. Detroit killed it this year, didn't you see? Monty made that team a monster.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#200 » by SunsRback4Good » Fri May 3, 2024 10:07 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
SunsRback4Good wrote:
Jdiddy701 wrote:Every coach is dog ish according to you guys.

Watching Monty Williams highlights. Detroit killed it this year, didn't you see? Monty made that team a monster.

CP3 made Monty entire career without his services Monty would have under 50 wins through his first 10 coaching years. Luckily Paul came to save him in Phoenix as our team won 51 & 64 in consecutive seasons. Some coaches thrive on great pg while others don’t.

Return to Phoenix Suns