WANT

WALLACE.

Unless it's Gerald or Rasheed.

:clap:
Arles
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Arles » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:38 pm

Is it me, or does this "agent" sound like Marion's agent trying to get more trade bites. If Marion gets moved, chances are he gets an immediate extension and doesn't risk striking out in FA as few teams have the $15-17 mil in cap space he wants.
Developer of Bowl Bound College Football
http://www.greydogsoftware.com
guaves13
Veteran
And1: 3

Post#23 » by guaves13 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:19 pm

Arles wrote:Is it me, or does this "agent" sound like Marion's agent trying to get more trade bites. If Marion gets moved, chances are he gets an immediate extension and doesn't risk striking out in FA as few teams have the $15-17 mil in cap space he wants.
I don't think he can sign an extention now can he? Didn't he have to do that before the season started? Maybe I'm wrong.
Go7enKs
Senior

Post#24 » by Go7enKs » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:26 pm

nashill wrote:id rather change the coach or the system..

Why don't trade Nash then?
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran
And1: 113

Post#25 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:50 pm

guaves13 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I don't think he can sign an extention now can he? Didn't he have to do that before the season started? Maybe I'm wrong.

He was eligible for an extension last summer till like october 20th, and this coming summer as well.

Here are Marion's possibilites that I can see happening this summer (in order of possibility):

A) Gets traded by Kerr

2) Asks for a sign and trade/extension, allows team that is receiving marion to move salary needed in order to extend him. Sort of how the JJ deal went down.

D) Stays put - makes 17 million dollars on the team that hides his shortcomings and pays him well.

Lastly) Opts out - goes to compete in the free market, only teams like Philly, Charlotte, Minnesota will have the cash to start his new salary high enough to appease him.
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,568

Post#26 » by Stix » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:51 pm

Would a trade of:

Marion + Diaw + Skinner

for

A. Jamison + B. Haywood

work?
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran

Post#27 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:56 pm

Jamison would be redundant with STAT if we were to acquire a center like haywood. I dont think it makes any significant strides to make a difference though.

Besides, Washington's starting center is still recovering from heart surgery, so I think they may want to keep Haywood around.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#28 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:45 pm

phungk wrote:Would a trade of:

Marion + Diaw + Skinner

for

A. Jamison + B. Haywood

work?

Jamison is a great scorer, but who's going to replace Marion's defense and rebounding?

The only player that can fill a similar role for us is AK.
asubennett
Senior
And1: 59

Post#29 » by asubennett » Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:56 pm

rsavaj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Jamison is a great scorer, but who's going to replace Marion's defense and rebounding?

The only player that can fill a similar role for us is AK.

Marions man defense is overrated. He is a solid help defender because he is long and athletic. Nothing more.

I dont think we will miss his defense as much as others are suggesting. Replace him with Jamison and we dont skip much of a beat. Jamison is a 10 boards a game guy as well dont forget.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#30 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:05 pm

asubennett wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Marions man defense is overrated. He is a solid help defender because he is long and athletic. Nothing more.

I dont think we will miss his defense as much as others are suggesting. Replace him with Jamison and we dont skip much of a beat. Jamison is a 10 boards a game guy as well dont forget.

And he's also a complete crap defender.

Even if Marion's D is overrated, it's a hell of a lot better than Jamison's, and we don't need more O.
asubennett
Senior

Post#31 » by asubennett » Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:14 pm

rsavaj wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

And he's also a complete crap defender.

Even if Marion's D is overrated, it's a hell of a lot better than Jamison's, and we don't need more O.

He cant be to terrible as a former Tar Heel. I am sure he learned the fundamentals of Defense and appears to be a high IQ ball player. I think if needed he could play adequate defense.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
eastsidecrossover
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#32 » by eastsidecrossover » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:06 pm

Wow, because he is a former tar heel he can play d. :rofl: Marion is not the best, but he sure is one of the better ones out there. He is long, quick and guards all sorts of positions. If he was not that good, he would not do it, and would not be considered by many as one of the better defenders with his steals, blks and so forth. Is the the best, no. BUt don't pull that tar heel crap here. Fundementals is not always apart of a UNC team.
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,335

Post#33 » by TASTIC » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:07 pm

Josh Smith seems to be the one guy who could replace what marion does AND bring more to the table...have to remember how young the guy is before you say 'he shoots poorly' or say something negative about him
ak777
Banned User

Post#34 » by ak777 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:08 pm

trade Amare for Odom and radman, 2 1st rounders to the lakers
amcoolio
Hornets Forum John Hancock
And1: 9,366

Post#35 » by amcoolio » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:09 pm

What is Marion's contract? What about Okafor and McInnis for Marion and Banks + future pick?
I don't support domestic violence. Thanks Miles
WTFsunsFTW
Veteran

Post#36 » by WTFsunsFTW » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:23 pm

amcoolio wrote:What is Marion's contract? What about Okafor and McInnis for Marion and Banks + future pick?

Mcinnis? HA! Id rather have banks ride the pine all year. And MArion >>> Okafor

Oh, you want our pick too?

Be gone with.
asubennett
Senior

Post#37 » by asubennett » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:30 pm

eastsidecrossover wrote:Wow, because he is a former tar heel he can play d. :rofl: Marion is not the best, but he sure is one of the better ones out there. He is long, quick and guards all sorts of positions. If he was not that good, he would not do it, and would not be considered by many as one of the better defenders with his steals, blks and so forth. Is the the best, no. BUt don't pull that tar heel crap here. Fundementals is not always apart of a UNC team.

Actually it does. Name 4-5 players who played college ball at NCU or Duke or KU that have bad fundamentals. There isnt a lot.

Does that mean Jamison is a lock down defender? No, and I didnt insinuate that. But he is hardly a matadore either.

Jamison knows basketball and positioning and if needed could play acceptable defense. Would he be as versatile as Marion? No. As good as Marion man to man? No. Would his offensive contributions offset his defensive shortcomings when compared to Marion? Maybe....

I like Jamison and I think he would be a fine replacement for Marion if it helped chemistry issues.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
JustMoe
Assistant Coach
And1: 547

Post#38 » by JustMoe » Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:59 pm

@asubennett: Where would be the sense in exchanging Marion for Jamison, though? I mean, it's not like either one couldn't just walk away from us after this season. You said it yourself: Marion is the better defender of those two, and most people would agree that it's not just by a small margin. Haywood isn't exactly a lockdown defender, either, and while I like him and think he'd improve our defense and play in general, the fact that he obviously isn't the smartest guy around and loves going Russell Crowe on his teammates isn't too tempting, either.
I've always been an Antawn fan, but Trix > Jamison, and looking at the salaries and personality I'd say Haywood isn't THAT much better than Skinner. Adding Diaw, even though he's pretty awful most of the time, doesn't exactly improve our team, either. I could see us doing phungk's proposed deal for salary cap reasons, but I'd hate it since we definitely would get worse on the court.

@amcoolio/WTF: I love the proposed deal, since if Marion leaves, then getting a taller, stronger and younger player like Emeka for less money would be great. Just imagine a frontcourt consisting of STAT and Mek, that would be scary. Okafor isn't having the best season, but I still believe he can be great in this league, especially when it comes to one of our biggest weaknesses, rebounds. Exchanging Banks for McInnis would also save us a lot of money since Jeff's contract expires after this season.
But would the Cats do this? The chances of Okafor staying with them are bigger than those of Trix staying after getting traded to Charlotte, at least in my opinion.

@Mace: I absolutely agree, buddy - Josh would be the perfect replacement, he'd clearly be our best defender, scores quite well and would most likely be less expensive than Marion, not to mention much younger. I really wish we could bring him over, too bad Atlanta wouldn't consider trading him for Marion.
Raptors fan through good and (mostly) bad times since 1995

2019: The year hell froze over
asubennett
Senior

Post#39 » by asubennett » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:09 pm

JustMoe wrote:@asubennett: Where would be the sense in exchanging Marion for Jamison, though? I mean, it's not like either one couldn't just walk away from us after this season. You said it yourself: Marion is the better defender of those two, and most people would agree that it's not just by a small margin. Haywood isn't exactly a lockdown defender, either, and while I like him and think he'd improve our defense and play in general, the fact that he obviously isn't the smartest guy around and loves going Russell Crowe on his teammates isn't too tempting, either.
I've always been an Antawn fan, but Trix > Jamison, and looking at the salaries and personality I'd say Haywood isn't THAT much better than Skinner. Adding Diaw, even though he's pretty awful most of the time, doesn't exactly improve our team, either. I could see us doing phungk's proposed deal for salary cap reasons, but I'd hate it since we definitely would get worse on the court.

@amcoolio/WTF: I love the proposed deal, since if Marion leaves, then getting a taller, stronger and younger player like Emeka for less money would be great. Just imagine a frontcourt consisting of STAT and Mek, that would be scary. Okafor isn't having the best season, but I still believe he can be great in this league, especially when it comes to one of our biggest weaknesses, rebounds. Exchanging Banks for McInnis would also save us a lot of money since Jeff's contract expires after this season.
But would the Cats do this? The chances of Okafor staying with them are bigger than those of Trix staying after getting traded to Charlotte, at least in my opinion.

@Mace: I absolutely agree, buddy - Josh would be the perfect replacement, he'd clearly be our best defender, scores quite well and would most likely be less expensive than Marion, not to mention much younger. I really wish we could bring him over, too bad Atlanta wouldn't consider trading him for Marion.

I would much prefer Okafor or Brand over Jamison in a Marion deal. My point is only that if Marion is a secrect cause for chemistry problems Jamison would not be a terrible replacement. He would replace is rebounding at a 1 for 1. He would be a 2 for 1 on the offensive side of the ball. and he would be a 1-2 on the defensive side of the ball.

Ask yourself, would the extra 3-4 wide open threes made a game by Jamison in the corner versus Marion replace the 5-6 extra points he may allow his man in a game? Probably.
2013 Suns
Band of Misfits
flanpaw42
Rookie
And1: 6

Post#40 » by flanpaw42 » Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:33 pm

I dont see kerr trading marion. i think barbosa is the player most likely to go. kerr likes marion and feels he is an integral part. he thought that as an analyst.

barbosa would be a starter on most other teams and his contract is good. i think barbosa is one of the few players who could bring a defensive big or back up pg.

the offense looks horrible when barbosa is out there and nash is off. i wonder if the bulls would take him for noah. who knows though.
YOU SHUT YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU'RE TALKING TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Return to Phoenix Suns