ImageImageImage

Game 32: Philadelphia 76ers (1-30) at Phoenix Suns (12-19) - Game of Turnovers

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Re: Game 32: Philadelphia 76ers (1-30) at Phoenix Suns (12-19) - Game of Turnovers 

Post#361 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:17 am

PhxSunsFan13 wrote:Lets sign Beasley to a deal, get Josh Childress back, resign Lindsey Hunter to be the HC and start this tank the right way.

but then we'd get the same players back and this rollercoaster would continue until 2045 when the NBA comes to an end.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Re: Game 32: Philadelphia 76ers (1-30) at Phoenix Suns (12-19) - Game of Turnovers 

Post#362 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:19 am

batsmasher wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Image

Steve's eyes are beautiful.

Nowitzki eyes are high. Why is he not suspended and still playing?
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,329

Post#363 » by King4Day » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:20 am

Did we clinch a playoff berth yet?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#364 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:24 am

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#365 » by saintEscaton » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:29 am

This thread just keeps churning out more gems
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

SunsRback4Good
RealGM

Post#366 » by SunsRback4Good » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:29 am

DarkHawk wrote:Did we clinch a playoff berth yet?

We clinched a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. Good times are head of us.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,493

Post#367 » by sunskerr » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:31 am

Can this old avatar be bagged?

The Steve and Dirk party photo one had me rolling.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,272

Post#368 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:33 am

Waiting for my paper bag so I can go to bed...
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#369 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:35 am

ginobiliflops wrote:Need my gif in a bag. K, thx.

Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,324

Post#370 » by DirtyDez » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:37 am

Blessing in disguise. Sarver needed to see it get this ugly to allow McD to nuke it and start over. No point in torturing Hornecek. Just cut ties already.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#371 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:41 am

sunskerr wrote:Image

Can this old avatar be bagged?

The Steve and Dirk party photo one had me rolling.

Scutt
Senior
And1: 552

Post#372 » by Scutt » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:42 am

Don't worry guys, the season is not lost. There is still a chance we right the ship and get close to that illustrious 8th seed. I hope that Robert Sarver and the front office are enjoying this season so far. It serves them right for trying to sell Suns fans, with straight faces, that all this roster needed was a bunch of 30 year old role players to be a playoff team. You need stars to compete in the NBA, yet our crappy owner blindly insists otherwise. Bring on the losses if it means the Suns will trade Morris, Tucker, and Chandler, and start developing their young players. I have been waiting since Nash left for them to do so.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,827

Post#373 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:44 am

Scutt wrote:Don't worry guys, the season is not lost. There is still a chance we right the ship and get close to that illustrious 8th seed. I hope that Robert Sarver and the front office are enjoying this season so far. It serves them right for trying to sell Suns fans, with straight faces, that all this roster needed was a bunch of 30 year old role players to be a playoff team. You need stars to compete in the NBA, yet our crappy team blindly insists otherwise. Bring on the losses if it means the Suns will trade Morris, Tucker, and Chandler, and start developing their young players. I have been waiting since Nash left for them to do so.

Now that you mention it, it is weird they don't want stars on the team.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#374 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:44 am

DirtyDez wrote:Blessing in disguise. Sarver needed to see it get this ugly to allow McD to nuke it and start over. No point in torturing Hornecek. Just cut ties already.

At this point, barring a miracle season next year, McD is toast too.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#375 » by bwgood77 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:48 am

Check this out. New Orleans will almost certainly pass us, and I don't know if this has accounted for the Portland game yet. Minnesota may finish better than us too. But despite those things having not occurred yet, our chances are pretty good at getting a high pick.

http://www.tankathon.com/
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#376 » by Sunsss » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:02 am

bwgood77 wrote:Check this out. New Orleans will almost certainly pass us, and I don't know if this has accounted for the Portland game yet. Minnesota may finish better than us too. But despite those things having not occurred yet, our chances are pretty good at getting a high pick.

http://www.tankathon.com/

I just realized we have the longest losing streak in the league now. Wow.

Also as you said, we got a pretty good chance to finish with the 4th worst record.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,811

Post#377 » by thamadkant » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:04 am

Along with Suns games, I also watch Spurs... you know.. to actually enjoy watching basketball...
Anyways, they tend to use the 24 second shot clock very efficiently... they use it to pass the ball around and move players around for better looks for a shot... just beautiful.
Popovic is a genius, because he knows he is in an era where high possesions with great 3pters like the Warriors, Clippers etc.. can get hot any game and trumph even the most balanced teams. So he ensures the game is played slowly and he uses the clock as much as possible...

PLAY defense for 24 seconds...
Move and Pass for 24 seconds....

Simple, yet often ignored by players who like to beat his own defender to the detrimental of his team.

The next coach... if its not Hornacek... I just want them to employ tactics, team tactics... in both ends. Not rely on individuals to carry the team.... because unless you have a top 5 player in the game, its reliying on luck and hot shooting too much.

Suns dont have a top 15 player and they try to play like they do.
I mean... Bledsoe and Knight carry the offense heavy burden, when both arent superstars with unstoppable moves or skills.

Suns should be playing cautiously as the Spurs, trying to use team tactics because that would be their strength... they have a deep team with multiple skills. Yet, the burden of the offense is on 2 players and streaky shooting. Defense wise, WOW, dont even get me started, Knight is a matador, the rest are just positioned to be beaten easily...

Chandler was/is considered a top 3 defensive BIG MAN, he was pulling down 11 rebounds just last year and putting up efficient scoring inside... yet this season ON the Suns... he is playing like crap.
Its not his AGE.... I seriously dont think it is.... its the team's system or lack thereof.

Suns should do the right thing and trade him to a team that can actually use his elite rebounding and defense, rather than play him 15 minutes a game and make his last few years in the NBA looking like a scrub.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,773

Post#378 » by Revived » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:07 am

Scutt wrote:Don't worry guys, the season is not lost. There is still a chance we right the ship and get close to that illustrious 8th seed. I hope that Robert Sarver and the front office are enjoying this season so far. It serves them right for trying to sell Suns fans, with straight faces, that all this roster needed was a bunch of 30 year old role players to be a playoff team. You need stars to compete in the NBA, yet our crappy owner blindly insists otherwise. Bring on the losses if it means the Suns will trade Morris, Tucker, and Chandler, and start developing their young players. I have been waiting since Nash left for them to do so.

Scutt you need to post more bud.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#379 » by Kerrsed » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:11 am

AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#380 » by AtheJ415 » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:11 am

1UPZ wrote:Along with Suns games, I also watch Spurs... you know.. to actually enjoy watching basketball...
Anyways, they tend to use the 24 second shot clock very efficiently... they use it to pass the ball around and move players around for better looks for a shot... just beautiful.
Popovic is a genius, because he knows he is in an era where high possesions with great 3pters like the Warriors, Clippers etc.. can get hot any game and trumph even the most balanced teams. So he ensures the game is played slowly and he uses the clock as much as possible...

PLAY defense for 24 seconds...
Move and Pass for 24 seconds....

Simple, yet often ignored by players who like to beat his own defender to the detrimental of his team.

The next coach... if its not Hornacek... I just want them to employ tactics, team tactics... in both ends. Not rely on individuals to carry the team.... because unless you have a top 5 player in the game, its reliying on luck and hot shooting too much.

Suns dont have a top 15 player and they try to play like they do.
I mean... Bledsoe and Knight carry the offense heavy burden, when both arent superstars with unstoppable moves or skills.

Suns should be playing cautiously as the Spurs, trying to use team tactics because that would be their strength... they have a deep team with multiple skills. Yet, the burden of the offense is on 2 players and streaky shooting. Defense wise, WOW, dont even get me started, Knight is a matador, the rest are just positioned to be beaten easily...

Chandler was/is considered a top 3 defensive BIG MAN, he was pulling down 11 rebounds just last year and putting up efficient scoring inside... yet this season ON the Suns... he is playing like crap.
Its not his AGE.... I seriously dont think it is.... its the team's system or lack thereof.

Suns should do the right thing and trade him to a team that can actually use his elite rebounding and defense, rather than play him 15 minutes a game and make his last few years in the NBA looking like a scrub.

This. And i'll add with us, it's not that we don't pass, it's that we don't pass with a purpose. Offense typically initiates with a couple passes around the perimeter, but when 2 of those guys are PJ Tucker and Ronnie Price, the D barely moves because it doesn't have to shift focus to such awful players, particularly when PJ is already covered and in the corner 90% of the time. And even when it's offensive guys like Booker and Warren, if they aren't moving it's easy to cover. Then there may be a post touch or a pass back out to the top, or a post touch followed by a pass out to the top, at which point there's inevitably 10 seconds or less on the clock--enough time for one of Bledsoe or Knight to go one on one or run a pick and roll. Despite that, we still manage to score at a good clip playing this ugly, poorly coached style. But in order to win when you don't defend and turn it over, Bledsoe and Knight have to have great games. We unnecessarily put almost all of our success on those 2 players' shoulders. This team is too deep to operate so stupidly.

Return to Phoenix Suns