Re: Welcome Cam Johnson 

Post#381 » by RedIndian » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:16 pm

I expect he will be back by Feb.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,230

Post#382 » by sunsbg » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:21 pm

In the meantime find a starting PF and bring Cam J off the bench with reduced minutes.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#383 » by Revived » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:39 pm

phx#7 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Doesn't it seem like he would choose the repair in 4-6 month option given he will be a free agent or does that solely depend on how bad it is and the quick option could be just as effective long term? It's also hard to know what his camp believes is the better option to get a better contract...does he try to get more healthy long term with the bigger procedure or get back quickly and hope to play great and stay healthy the remainder of the season?
Multiple factors, Flex was actually pretty on point with his breakdown.

Typically if it can be repaired it should be, that's the longer recovering though.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

Same thing happened with Bledsoe. He opted to remove it instead of repair and cashed in on his big contract but we all saw how fast he fell off a cliff. Unless you are already towards the end of your career I think repairing it is the obvious choice for longevity.

Sucks we are without Cam but I'm glad he's making the choice that will allow him to have a longer career.

It sounds like he ended up having it partially removed. This is what Bledsoe had done too.

And maybe I’m wrong but Bledsoe didn’t actually have many knees issues with that same knee he had the meniscus procedure done on in PHX right? Or at least not during his tenure with us but maybe I’m remembering wrong.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,686

Post#384 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:39 pm

Saberestar wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Great news! Around six weeks and he will be back to the court.

I heard yesterday the Timeline Podcast and they were talking with a doctor that said that it’s not always possible to repair the meniscus depending on different things so that could be the case.
Yeah location of the tear often dictates what can be done. I assume this was Cams only option. Didn't realize he had this done on his other knee back in college.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,800

Post#385 » by bwgood77 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:27 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=q5wqvbgIa-vg3ZnWl8EcCQ&s=19

Well that's good news....for this season at least. Though maybe worth looking into S&Ts in the offseason.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,462

Post#386 » by dremill24 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:36 pm

Im no doctor but Im worried he just knocked 3 seasons off of his prime. Maybe its not as bad with a trim vs entire removal
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,819

Post#387 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:57 pm

I wonder how much contract year played into the decision. Certainly from a medical perspective, he may have only had one option but if he had more than one, I'd imagine getting back and earning his one big contract was a real consideration.

I just hope for his sake, it works out
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Thor Buthox
Sophomore
And1: 59

Post#388 » by Thor Buthox » Wed Nov 9, 2022 3:59 am

So he'll be back by Feb to get injured 3 more times before the playoffs. Yay.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,760

Post#389 » by Revived » Wed Nov 9, 2022 6:18 am

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#390 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 9, 2022 9:54 pm

I suppose being an older rookie and already turning 27 before the end of his rookie contract, he would want to put himself in the best position to get the bag this offseason because there's no guarantee if he accepts a much smaller contract this offseason that he would be able to make up the difference in the future. This next contract will take him into his early 30's so there's certainly risks of going into his early 30's looking for his 3rd big contract with his injury history. This likely is his one big one so I support his decision to go in this direction.

That being said, as I mentioned earlier, perhaps he didn't have much of a choice and repair was the only viable path for his return to basketball
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,013

Post#391 » by kennydorglas » Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:37 am

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter
This is not great news for him in the future.
Two busted knees more his hip problems will destroy his longevity.

Sent from my Redmi 7A using RealGM mobile app
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,340

Post#392 » by Frank Lee » Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:45 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I suppose being an older rookie and already turning 27 before the end of his rookie contract, he would want to put himself in the best position to get the bag this offseason because there's no guarantee if he accepts a much smaller contract this offseason that he would be able to make up the difference in the future. This next contract will take him into his early 30's so there's certainly risks of going into his early 30's looking for his 3rd big contract with his injury history. This likely is his one big one so I support his decision to go in this direction.

That being said, as I mentioned earlier, perhaps he didn't have much of a choice and repair was the only viable path for his return to basketball

Dude walked from 50-60 million… how big a bag is that? This could bite him in a nerlans kind of way
What ? Me Worry ?
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 15,034

Post#393 » by Saberestar » Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:56 pm

Contract extension spanning four years between $66-72 million with Cam Johnson before the start of the season. More on his future and what rival executives think it’ll take to pry him from Phoenix on @hoopshype.

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#394 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 16, 2022 1:12 am

Saberestar wrote:
Contract extension spanning four years between $66-72 million with Cam Johnson before the start of the season. More on his future and what rival executives think it’ll take to pry him from Phoenix on @hoopshype.

Read on Twitter

72m is certainly on the higher end of what I thought would be the range.

Return to Phoenix Suns