ImageImageImage

Season Speculation, Trade Ideas & Discussion Pt. 5

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

TOO
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,310

Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas & Discussion Pt. 5 

Post#441 » by TOO » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:51 pm

In what world is Kemba freakin Walker gonna attract big name FAs? Guys wanna player with superstars or other guys who will make them better. Kemba is neither of those.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#442 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat Jan 20, 2018 11:54 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
NavLDO wrote:I'm not one to want to go after every FA/Trade target that becomes available; I'm really not, but I've been in favor of Kemba for months. He fits close enough to the age range, he's a great player, he'll likely attract at least one other high-level player, and we'll get him for the next year and a half for peanuts, allowing us to go after another big name target. Some thing that Dragic, or Hill, won't allow us to do, and isn't close enough to our ideal age range.

The only reason they put Kemba on the block is because they wanted to get rid of long term bad contracts. I've seen a number of people across the forums ignore this.

If we did somehow trade for him, you can be sure we'd have to take back enough bad money to deplete and eat up all of our cap space. It's convenient to ignore to help your argument but that's what they will trade him for. Woj has let it be known what they want to accomplish with a potential trade.

If we traded for him, we have this other long term contract and our team is pretty much a finished product and then soon we'd have a couple of guys on max deals and that would be it for our team.

This is true. Zero chance they deal walker without attaching a bad contract. Zero
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,756

Post#443 » by Revived » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:IDK if Kemba is the right player, but I would love to get a good PG to start for us now and next season.

I do not care how good are Trae Young or Doncic...even if we are lucky enough to get one of them (I doubt it) they are not gonna be good enough to start for a playoff team in the NBA.

Look Jamal Murray...he is great and in his second season is playing well as a starter, but he was mediocre at best as a rookie. A lot of other examples are out there in the league.

It is soooo difficult to be a playoff team with a rookie PG starting...nearly impossible. And we want to fight for the playoffs seriously next season.

I want an starting PG who has played already in the NBA. If we draft Doncic or Young they can play backup minutes and if they play outstanding basketball we can always trade that veteran starting PG. Not a problem at all.

I don't know if Young or Doncic could start as a rookie on a playoff team but they are both a heck of a lot better prospects than Jamal freakin Murray was. He doesn't even really pass. What did he average in college, like 2 assists per game?

Murray has the talent to be a really good PG. His passing isn’t much of an issue considering that many of the better PGs today are mostly score first PGs anyway. His assist numbers were low in college because he played next to Fox who was their main distributor while Murray played the 2. And his college assist numbers are irrelevant anyway considering the reigning MVP, who now averages like 10+ in every season, only averaged like 3 assists a game in college and 2 assists per game for his college career.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,802

Post#444 » by darealjuice » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:10 am

RaisingArizona wrote:So we're hoping to move up in the lottery (never happens) and hoping whoever we draft doesn't take years to develop. Otherwise the 5 year plan is exactly what you're proposing.

I'm saying we haven't looked good enough to warrant making this move right now. It doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team to make this kind of move when they're 1 game out of the #5 seed, and the teams between them either don't have their pick (i.e. no incentive to lose) or have Mike Conley coming back (i.e. borderline all star coming back). Trading for a player with Kemba's contract situation is a move you make when you're ready to round out a team and make the deep playoff push, and it's not realistic for us to go 24-12 from this point even if we added Kemba today. The Hornets are only looking to trade him if they can unload one of their monster contracts too, so we'd likely be eating one of Batum and Howard's terrible contracts to further hurt our cap situation.

I'm expecting us to fill gaps and improve by chasing free agents, drafting with our pick, and dealing some of the 6 potential draft picks we have this year. It may feel like we're missing out right now, but players at Kemba's level are made available every offseason and every trade deadline, and we have the assets to make that move whenever with 7 first round draft picks over the next 4 years and big expiring contracts in Chandler and Dudley coming up. Any of the top 5-6 prospects would also be a big boost to our odds of long term success because they're all very productive, high potential players that fill gaps and can develop for us while being under contract for up to 9 years. There's a good chance that we'll have the opportunity to add a guy like Kemba that fills our remaining gap this offseason while still being able to add a top prospect through the draft. Worst case, our young players show more improvement, win more games than expected, and we do what the TWolves did last year by dealing our pick in a package for a star to complete the team.

I'm also expecting internal development from Booker, Warren, Quese, Bender, and JJ to continue to contribute to more wins next year. This team has more wins this year than it did at this point last year despite having the worst starting point guard in the league instead Eric Bledsoe healthy in one of his best seasons, and that's a clear sign that the young players are stepping up and contributing in his place. I think the potential of adding another high caliber prospect to this developing team while retaining the ability to make that kind of trade this offseason or at the deadline will lead to more long-term success than making the trade now and tying up our cap space situation, potentially having to trade our pick because it'd be valued in the 12-15 range, and hoping that what we have remaining with Kemba will develop into a championship team over the next 4-5 years.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#445 » by NavLDO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:13 am

Frank Lee wrote:
cosmofizzo wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:Exactly! Has everyone lost their ***damned mind here? When did losing for a decade became so palatable? Sickening to me.

Back to the dark side, eh ginobiliflops? What, was three bad losses too much for ya? Ya gone soft ginobiliflops??

I see we just won a game, and suddenly the rest of the board is dreaming of the playoffs. What wonders one game can achieve. Funny world. We're a funny species, I guess.

Fo real though this Kemba **** is stupid af.

I think McD had his eyes set on drafting this year, else he would have picked up a PG earlier on. As it is, we stand a real good chance of drafting in the top 8... and that would yield at least Porter, Sexton, or Jackson. May be someone else falls, but if McD has his eyes on Sexton or piping for Young, I dont think there is anyway he makes an all out attempt at Kemba. If he can steal him then may be , but he'd have to feel he wins that deal as his last attempt for a PG blew up in his face. McD is stingy.

I think both Young and sexton have NBA skills and would fit in nicely from the get go. And both would cause a rippling excitement for the organization. I'd like to see more of Sexton... the more I read, the better he sounds. I shied away initially with the Bledsoe comparison from one site... but the dude seems to be a tenacious baller.

Now if both are gone, the consolation prize isn't bad either. This draft seems to have guys who have good BBall IQ and not heavy with projects like Len, Chris, and Bender. Of course then we'd need to get a PG... or would we ? There is no way McD shelves BKnight and just eats that deal. Ideally, a rookie PG would play behind Knight till he takes over. Competition would be good for both. We are set at SG and SF...and Im betting Chandler sticks around. I wouldn't cry if we got Bamba and then picked up one of Shai G-A, Milton, or TBrown with a later pick... those guys are long good athletes who I think would pair well with Book. Thats the main thing... all additions need to compliment Booker.

of course, come March (and the madness) is when the drafters start drooling and guys rise and fall. But not getting Kemba isn't such a blow.... not at what he'll likely cost up front and more so the 25-30 mill a year he'll demand/wants. Why do you think Charlotte is dealing him ? Its not his play, its his upcoming paycheck.

Yeah, but that's because they've blown their money on Batum and Howard. We haven't, and can get Kemba, get a 'big prize' this off-season, then pay Kemba and Booker next season, with JJ and Bender (Assuming we would have to trade Warren, who's on a great contract, and a young player like Bender, plus maybe Miami's pick.)

I'll ask again, as I did last night. Pretend you are Boogie, and McD approaches you over the summer:

"Hey, we've got Booker, Warren, Chriss, JJ and Bender, and this rookie PG and Center...we'll figure out the depth later, but we think this PG kid is good..."

or

"Hey, we've got Kemba and Booker, so 50 pts + 10 assts, with JJ and Chriss at the Forwards...you'll be our Cornerstone at the 5, and complete our Big 3."

What's going to be more enticing to you???
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,847

Post#446 » by Qwigglez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:18 am

Saberestar wrote:IDK if Kemba is the right player, but I would love to get a good PG to start for us now and next season.

I do not care how good are Trae Young or Doncic...even if we are lucky enough to get one of them (I doubt it) they are not gonna be good enough to start for a playoff team in the NBA.

Look Jamal Murray...he is great and in his second season is playing well as a starter, but he was mediocre at best as a rookie. A lot of other examples are out there in the league.

It is soooo difficult to be a playoff team with a rookie PG starting...nearly impossible. And we want to fight for the playoffs seriously next season.

I want an starting PG who has played already in the NBA. If we draft Doncic or Young they can play backup minutes and if they play outstanding basketball we can always trade that veteran starting PG. Not a problem at all.

Schroder may be available during the draft depending where the Hawks pick, and if they take Young or Doncic.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#447 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:25 am

Nav- are you not aware that the hornets want to send one of those bad contracts with walker or are you just choosing to ignore that fact?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,275

Post#448 » by King4Day » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:37 am

NavLDO wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:
cosmofizzo wrote:
Back to the dark side, eh ginobiliflops? What, was three bad losses too much for ya? Ya gone soft ginobiliflops??

I see we just won a game, and suddenly the rest of the board is dreaming of the playoffs. What wonders one game can achieve. Funny world. We're a funny species, I guess.

I think McD had his eyes set on drafting this year, else he would have picked up a PG earlier on. As it is, we stand a real good chance of drafting in the top 8... and that would yield at least Porter, Sexton, or Jackson. May be someone else falls, but if McD has his eyes on Sexton or piping for Young, I dont think there is anyway he makes an all out attempt at Kemba. If he can steal him then may be , but he'd have to feel he wins that deal as his last attempt for a PG blew up in his face. McD is stingy.

I think both Young and sexton have NBA skills and would fit in nicely from the get go. And both would cause a rippling excitement for the organization. I'd like to see more of Sexton... the more I read, the better he sounds. I shied away initially with the Bledsoe comparison from one site... but the dude seems to be a tenacious baller.

Now if both are gone, the consolation prize isn't bad either. This draft seems to have guys who have good BBall IQ and not heavy with projects like Len, Chris, and Bender. Of course then we'd need to get a PG... or would we ? There is no way McD shelves BKnight and just eats that deal. Ideally, a rookie PG would play behind Knight till he takes over. Competition would be good for both. We are set at SG and SF...and Im betting Chandler sticks around. I wouldn't cry if we got Bamba and then picked up one of Shai G-A, Milton, or TBrown with a later pick... those guys are long good athletes who I think would pair well with Book. Thats the main thing... all additions need to compliment Booker.

of course, come March (and the madness) is when the drafters start drooling and guys rise and fall. But not getting Kemba isn't such a blow.... not at what he'll likely cost up front and more so the 25-30 mill a year he'll demand/wants. Why do you think Charlotte is dealing him ? Its not his play, its his upcoming paycheck.

Yeah, but that's because they've blown their money on Batum and Howard. We haven't, and can get Kemba, get a 'big prize' this off-season, then pay Kemba and Booker next season, with JJ and Bender (Assuming we would have to trade Warren, who's on a great contract, and a young player like Bender, plus maybe Miami's pick.)

I'll ask again, as I did last night. Pretend you are Boogie, and McD approaches you over the summer:

"Hey, we've got Booker, Warren, Chriss, JJ and Bender, and this rookie PG and Center...we'll figure out the depth later, but we think this PG kid is good..."

or

"Hey, we've got Kemba and Booker, so 50 pts + 10 assts, with JJ and Chriss at the Forwards...you'll be our Cornerstone at the 5, and complete our Big 3."

Playing next to AD while making the max amount of money over 5 year :)

It would really depend on if he's willing to take another step back after this season. If he realizes the Suns have assets and can continue to build the team, while the Pels do not, then maybe there's a shot.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,275

Post#449 » by King4Day » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:38 am

Saw this in the main forum. It's basically saying the Jazz expect to deal Hood by the deadline. He's a RFA this summer.
Some think he'll be obtainable for a 1st and a cap filler.
Would he do anything for us and would it even be worth going for him considering he's going to break the bank this summer, most likely?

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2018/01/20/jazz-looking-to-trade-rodney-hood-before-nbas-deadline/
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#450 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:44 am

If the suns were totally convinced booker could play PG then hood could be a nice running mate from a shooting perspective. One issue though is he just doesn't give you much as a creator and even if booker can play pg it's probably best to have a sg who can playmake a little and take pressure of him.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#451 » by Qwigglez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:59 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Nav- are you not aware that the hornets want to send one of those bad contracts with walker or are you just choosing to ignore that fact?

Just because the Hornets want to get rid of some of their bad contracts doesn't mean they are going to, even if they do include Kemba. Did the Bulls get rid of Robin Lopez (a bad contract) when they traded Butler? How about the Knicks when they traded Melo, why didn't they include Joakim Noah? How about the Pacers with George, they could have traded Al Jefferson with him. How about us, why didn't we get rid of Dudley or Chandler along with Bledsoe? What about last year with Boogie, why didn't the Kings also get rid of Kostas Koufos?

This argument where some of you believe it would take taking on a contract such as Marvin Williams, MKG, Batum, or even Dwight just to get Kemba just isn't true. Look at past deals as of late, it doesn't happen. Why? Because if a team is trying to blow it up, they don't need the immediate cap space anyway because free agents aren't going to go there. On the opposite side of things, the team receiving the star would water their team down, and wouldn't be able to afford to better their team via free agency or they would risk going into the luxury tax to sign their own players. It would be dead money for them.

This is why I keep bringing up the point that if we were in the mix to make a deal for Kemba, we wouldn't include Monroe because we'd be effectively in the same place as we were with Bledsoe except we likely lose several picks. We'd likely trade Dudley (maybe Ulis too) and picks for Kemba and that's it. This way we still have the option of improving the team over the summer via free agency. Tell me what team is going to offer a better deal? Are the Cavs really going to give up the Nets pick along with taking on one of those salaries? Are the Sixers really going to trade Fultz for Kemba and also give up their cap space this summer? Plus, all of the big trades this season have been Eastern Conference to Western Conference and vice versa. Teams aren't really trading within conference. So looking at only Western Conference teams which teams need a PG that are in the top 10? Maybe the Clippers but they don't have anything to offer the Hornets. The Jazz might be the only team that would consider taking on additional salary to get Kemba, and that's because they don't have anything else to really offer except expiring contracts (Joe Johnson and Derrick Favors). But then you gotta think, what would the Hornets rather have, immediate salary relief, or additional picks. I doubt the Jazz offer up their 1st round picks since they have been doing well picking in the teens and even later.

IMO, I'd rather not go after Kemba though, mostly because he is due a huge pay-raise. I would prefer to trade for Schroder, however if he isn't available then I would just settle for Kemba. I wouldn't make a deal until draft day though, unless the Hornets want to make a deal before the deadline so they got a better chance for a higher pick, but again it would have to be for the package above. If they don't take the deal, then whatever, no loss on our part. There wasn't much market for Bledsoe a couple of months ago, I doubt everyone is having a frenzy over Kemba Walker.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#452 » by Qwigglez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:02 am

DarkHawk wrote:Saw this in the main forum. It's basically saying the Jazz expect to deal Hood by the deadline. He's a RFA this summer.
Would he do anything for us and would it even be worth going for him considering he's going to break the bank this summer, most likely?

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/jazz/2018/01/20/jazz-looking-to-trade-rodney-hood-before-nbas-deadline/

The Jazz aren't going to keep him if he stays anyhow, so why bother trading a 1st round pick for him? Even a 2nd is too much. He's likely to get similar money to what Knight got, but his stats aren't much better if at all. I pass easily.
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,444

Post#453 » by dremill24 » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:03 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:If the suns were totally convinced booker could play PG then hood could be a nice running mate from a shooting perspective. One issue though is he just doesn't give you much as a creator and even if booker can play pg it's probably best to have a sg who can playmake a little and take pressure of him.

I’ve always like Hood, wish he was more useful on defense.

He’s shown good ability as a PnR ball handler in the past tho, he could take some pressure off of Booker in that regard. I think he’d work out well on our 2nd unit as a shooter like Daniels but with more creating ability that is lacking when the bench is in. At this point tho I’m not sure he’s a starter on a team with other defensive liabilities.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,946

Post#454 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 am

He's a nothing player - inefficient scorer on 106 Offensive Rating which is below league average and that's his only job.
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#455 » by Blonde » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:05 am

I can't see Hood getting more than what TJ got. This was supposed to be his breakout year and he's kind of stuttered and been vastly outplayed by a rookie at his own position. He also has injury worries. I don't see him having a strong market, especially from the Suns.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,106

Post#456 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:06 am

Qwigglez wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Saw this in the main forum. It's basically saying the Jazz expect to deal Hood by the deadline. He's a RFA this summer.

The Jazz aren't going to keep him if he stays anyhow, so why bother trading a 1st round pick for him? Even a 2nd is too much. He's likely to get similar money to what Knight got, but his stats aren't much better if at all. I pass easily.

I don't think we have any good reason to add Hood. With Warren, Jackson and Booker already set at the 2-3 spots, Hood would be stepping on some big toes from day 1. I'm not eager to pay market value to have Hood taking minutes from Josh Jackson or TJ Warren. A team with a hole at the 2-3 spot is better positioned to step up to that plate.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#457 » by Qwigglez » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:09 am

DarkHawk wrote:
NavLDO wrote:Yeah, but that's because they've blown their money on Batum and Howard. We haven't, and can get Kemba, get a 'big prize' this off-season, then pay Kemba and Booker next season, with JJ and Bender (Assuming we would have to trade Warren, who's on a great contract, and a young player like Bender, plus maybe Miami's pick.)

or

Playing next to AD while making the max amount of money over 5 year :)

It would really depend on if he's willing to take another step back after this season. If he realizes the Suns have assets and can continue to build the team, while the Pels do not, then maybe there's a shot.

He can get max amount of money from any team this off-season I thought. The Pelicans have zero incentive value for him to stay (I could be wrong). The Pelicans are tied for the 7th-8th spot in the West with the Clippers, and the Nuggets are sitting in the 9th spot with Millsap trying to return before the all-star break. My money is on the Clippers and Nuggets to make the playoffs. Clippers because Lou Williams is balling out of his mind and they seem to be healthy now (minus Gallinari). The Pelicans just don't have the roster or cap space or assets for a trade to build a sustainable team around AD, Jrue, and Boogie. I could easily see Boogie leave this off-season. With the way Booker has been playing I wouldn't be surprised to hear a lot of players saying they would love to play with him (Kyrie even mentioned this).
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#458 » by LukasBMW » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:18 am

The Jazz are dumb. No star players will EVER sign there. They lost Hayward, their are about to lose Hood if they don't payup, and they will probably be forced to then trade Rudy next year if they don't luck out in the lottery and get another star to put beside him.
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#459 » by NavLDO » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:20 am

cosmofizzo wrote:
RaisingArizona wrote:
Spoiler:
NavLDO wrote:
Yep, you're right. We shouldn't sign any All-Stars. I'd much rather pay Kemba Walker than DeMarcus Cousins, DeAndre Jordan, the higher-level Max to 33-YO Chris Paul, or Blake Griffin, or any other 'Big'.

You know Booker is going to demand a Max, too. Should we not pay him? These guys won't play for cheap forever. I'll take my chances that he'll love playing next to Booker, and supplying Warren, as well. Not to mention our other young guys??? He'll love it here!

22/6/3 from our PG position?? Heck yeah, sign me up!

And, we got the Woj bomb, to boot! He's available. McD...go, go, go!!!

Exactly! Has everyone lost their ***damned mind here? When did losing for a decade became so palatable? Sickening to me.

One can say the same thing about a loss...

And dreaming?? This isn't dreaming. This is about progressing, rather than just, as one poster mentioned, 'fapping' over draft prospects year in and year out.
"Good things from now on!!!!!!"

"Our luck has changed!!!!!!!!!"

"About to get the best guy in the draft."

"Tatum is such a scrub! :rofl2:
Wooh!! We getting Jackson!"

"Dont trade him. JJ is going to be a star"

"Damn I love this pick I haven't felt this way since about a pick since Amare."

Yet, when we have an opportunity to help our team, that someone is "stupid af."

Why, again, does everything have to be playoffs, or top 3 pick...anything else is a wasted season?? Why can't we bring in a guy that will likely help 'right the ship', add some stability to a position that we've played 6 different players at this season (Bledsoe, James, Ulis, Canaan, plus Troy Daniels and Booker, to some extent) by starting him full-time, and also likely help our younger guys develop a little faster by giving them stability at the 'floor general' position?

Is it so terrible to win a few more games and finish, like, 37-45, and end up drafting, say, 11th, if it makes our team more attractive to FAs, so we have a better chance to land one that McD really wants? And if it, again, helps us to start building our team by knowing exactly what we should target in the draft, because we have 35 games to see how Kemba impacts our team? And if it helps us to keep our own Free Agents, like Len, maybe, if McD wants to keep him?

There are a lot more positives that could come from bringing in Kemba than just trying to make the Playoffs this season. Yeah, that would be cool, but unlikely. There would be some negatives, sure, like likely missing out on a top 5 pick, but this draft is so deep at the positions we are looking to draft, that we'd might be just fine with a player at 11, instead of 5--who knows?

Well, I for one would like McD to call the Hornets to find out what they'd want for Kemba, and see if our Assets would be enough to make the deal. I'd be really happy, because it would be a step towards progress, NOT because I would expect us to make the playoffs this year.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#460 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:23 am

Qwigglez wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Nav- are you not aware that the hornets want to send one of those bad contracts with walker or are you just choosing to ignore that fact?

Just because the Hornets want to get rid of some of their bad contracts doesn't mean they are going to, even if they do include Kemba. Did the Bulls get rid of Robin Lopez (a bad contract) when they traded Butler? How about the Knicks when they traded Melo, why didn't they include Joakim Noah? How about the Pacers with George, they could have traded Al Jefferson with him. How about us, why didn't we get rid of Dudley or Chandler along with Bledsoe? What about last year with Boogie, why didn't the Kings also get rid of Kostas Koufos?

This argument where some of you believe it would take taking on a contract such as Marvin Williams, MKG, Batum, or even Dwight just to get Kemba just isn't true. Look at past deals as of late, it doesn't happen. Why? Because if a team is trying to blow it up, they don't need the immediate cap space anyway because free agents aren't going to go there. On the opposite side of things, the team receiving the star would water their team down, and wouldn't be able to afford to better their team via free agency or they would risk going into the luxury tax to sign their own players. It would be dead money for them.

This is why I keep bringing up the point that if we were in the mix to make a deal for Kemba, we wouldn't include Monroe because we'd be effectively in the same place as we were with Bledsoe except we likely lose several picks. We'd likely trade Dudley (maybe Ulis too) and picks for Kemba and that's it. This way we still have the option of improving the team over the summer via free agency. Tell me what team is going to offer a better deal? Are the Cavs really going to give up the Nets pick along with taking on one of those salaries? Are the Sixers really going to trade Fultz for Kemba and also give up their cap space this summer? Plus, all of the big trades this season have been Eastern Conference to Western Conference and vice versa. Teams aren't really trading within conference. So looking at only Western Conference teams which teams need a PG that are in the top 10? Maybe the Clippers but they don't have anything to offer the Hornets. The Jazz might be the only team that would consider taking on additional salary to get Kemba, and that's because they don't have anything else to really offer except expiring contracts (Joe Johnson and Derrick Favors). But then you gotta think, what would the Hornets rather have, immediate salary relief, or additional picks. I doubt the Jazz offer up their 1st round picks since they have been doing well picking in the teens and even later.

IMO, I'd rather not go after Kemba though, mostly because he is due a huge pay-raise. I would prefer to trade for Schroder, however if he isn't available then I would just settle for Kemba. I wouldn't make a deal until draft day though, unless the Hornets want to make a deal before the deadline so they got a better chance for a higher pick, but again it would have to be for the package above. If they don't take the deal, then whatever, no loss on our part. There wasn't much market for Bledsoe a couple of months ago, I doubt everyone is having a frenzy over Kemba Walker.

Every scenario is unique though.

Melo was the bad contract and they didnt get **** for him as is so no chance noah was going out in any deal.

I'd argue that lopez isn't a bad contract and they might get a minor asset at the deadline for him. Plus they aren't in any type of cap crunch in Chicago.

Indi wasn't worried about money either in the George deal. Hell they took what some at the time would have considered a bad contract back in Dipo.

Same with Sacramento. They had cap space they practicality couldn't give away this past summer.

Same with Phoenix, **** were still under the cap after taking more money on with Monroe.

Charlotte is unique in that it's not like they only have 1 bad contract... They have like 4 so they have extra motivation to move at least one of them if they are going to rebuild.

Sure it's not impossible they move walker alone. Heck it would get them the best return. And **** if the suns could do it by including chandler or dudley and just including the heat and mil picks then by all means make that deal tomorrow. I just doubt that gets it done now.

Return to Phoenix Suns