ImageImageImage

2021-22 Dynasty Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,457

Re: 2021-22 Dynasty Season 

Post#441 » by sunskerr » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:30 am

Qwigglez wrote:Woohoo Kyrie Irving can play in home games!!

end me fam
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#442 » by 8on » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:55 am

8on wrote:
Golanator wrote:
8on wrote:
Feels good on both sides. Golanator gets two of my favorite 25 and under players, and I make a previously unforeseen push into the top 3.

You have so many guards hurt. Could see why you coveted Westbrook who is still a triple double threat every night.

Well, that’s in there somewhere. I think:

1) Weakest cat was assists, which I just addressed big time. Right on the cusp of the top 3, why not go for it? Can make up the point deficit on assists alone
2) RW is a physical freak who somehow rarely gets hurt
3) I can eat his percentages which, given volume, frankly aren’t that bad
4) We’ve seen passers pass well into their late 30’s
5) I do love Mikal and I like Dillon Brooks, but I’m starting to think Mikal won’t really take on a bigger offensive role until he changes teams. We thrive too much on system ball and with Book and Paul, we really don’t need Mikal to be a 20 point scorer. So long as we keep DA, of course. Which….ummm.

I knew I needed a real point guard after the auction draft. With Mikal and Brooks gone, I can keep Scottie and use a 1st while keeping RW’s production around for 4-5 years. If we weren’t good enough right now, I wouldn’t have gone for it, but we are.

So this was an interesting gamble. Landed in the top 3 (for now), was never close to top 2 but climbed 8-10 spots in assists. Brooks was hurt for most of the year and Mikal, like Ayton, probably won't reach his statistical potential until he leaves the Suns (which I hope never happens). Easy to forget given the Lakers' season, but RW has averaged 18/7/7 with 1 steal and less bad FTAs. No idea if Russ stays with the Lakers but also don't really care, he'll put up numbers wherever he goes. I need efficiency and I need Sabonis and Turner to be healthy next year, but I like what we've got. Russ/Rozier/DeMar/Barnes/Sabonis/Turner/? is pretty damn fun
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#443 » by Slim Charless » Wed Apr 6, 2022 7:45 am

This season of fantasy hurt my feelings. I haz a sad.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#444 » by sunskerr » Wed Apr 6, 2022 6:02 pm

Slim Charless wrote:This season of fantasy hurt my feelings. I haz a sad.

No shame in not placing first this year. Every team at the top was just ridiculously good. Probably helped a little bit in part by some teams throwing in the towel and moving assets off for rebuilds, but if you look at the rosters of the top 6 or so teams they are incredibly good. All have multiple stars and breakout players. And then you look specifically at DesertFox's squad and his team is on another level. LeBron, Tatum, CP3 just off the top of my head, and then AD and PG13 who both missed a bunch of games and his team still ran away with it.

I will be updating the dynasty excel sheet with all the trades before the season ends. Reminder that if you're looking to pick up FAs to keep for next year, it's safest to do it before the season ends. I'm not sure when rosters are locked/transactions are stopped after the season ends, so if there are any FAs you want as part of your 7/8 keepers then I think now would be the best time.

You don't have to confirm your participation for next season immediately, as we will still be doing everything around September/October next season.

As for my team, all I can say is that I'm glad I won in 2021 because I had no chance this year. Very excited for my core moving forward. Some notes about my team:

-Sengun in particular is going to be a big part of fixing the problems my team has had for a few years now in rebounding at center.
-Not sure what to do with Okongwu and Kevin Porter Jr. but I think it's likely that I will keep both for 8 keepers.
-Brandon Ingram...he's just sort of there. No reason to move him but he was pretty disappointing.
-Anfernee Simons was an unbelievable pickup. Hopefully he still has some value when Dame is healthy.
Slim Charless
RealGM
And1: 6,320

Post#445 » by Slim Charless » Sat Apr 9, 2022 10:08 am

sunskerr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:This season of fantasy hurt my feelings. I haz a sad.

No shame in not placing first this year. Every team at the top was just ridiculously good. Probably helped a little bit in part by some teams throwing in the towel and moving assets off for rebuilds, but if you look at the rosters of the top 6 or so teams they are incredibly good. All have multiple stars and breakout players. And then you look specifically at DesertFox's squad and his team is on another level. LeBron, Tatum, CP3 just off the top of my head, and then AD and PG13 who both missed a bunch of games and his team still ran away with it.

I will be updating the dynasty excel sheet with all the trades before the season ends. Reminder that if you're looking to pick up FAs to keep for next year, it's safest to do it before the season ends. I'm not sure when rosters are locked/transactions are stopped after the season ends, so if there are any FAs you want as part of your 7/8 keepers then I think now would be the best time.

You don't have to confirm your participation for next season immediately, as we will still be doing everything around September/October next season.

As for my team, all I can say is that I'm glad I won in 2021 because I had no chance this year. Very excited for my core moving forward. Some notes about my team:

-Sengun in particular is going to be a big part of fixing the problems my team has had for a few years now in rebounding at center.
-Not sure what to do with Okongwu and Kevin Porter Jr. but I think it's likely that I will keep both for 8 keepers.
-Brandon Ingram...he's just sort of there. No reason to move him but he was pretty disappointing.
-Anfernee Simons was an unbelievable pickup. Hopefully he still has some value when Dame is healthy.

Hey for future reference. Is there a way to tell how many games we've played at each position? Fox has a great team and I might've lost regardless but...I was leading the league since essentially November to April and now I'm 7th place lol. It'll be good to know so I can measure out players and how many games I'm at for PG/PF/C etc, etc, etc.

Thnx.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#446 » by sunskerr » Sat Apr 9, 2022 8:51 pm

Slim Charless wrote:Hey for future reference. Is there a way to tell how many games we've played at each position? Fox has a great team and I might've lost regardless but...I was leading the league since essentially November to April and now I'm 7th place lol. It'll be good to know so I can measure out players and how many games I'm at for PG/PF/C etc, etc, etc.

Thnx.

Afaik only the desktop version has games played. When you view your team roster page, it's at the bottom.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,842

Post#447 » by Qwigglez » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:46 am

sunskerr wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:Hey for future reference. Is there a way to tell how many games we've played at each position? Fox has a great team and I might've lost regardless but...I was leading the league since essentially November to April and now I'm 7th place lol. It'll be good to know so I can measure out players and how many games I'm at for PG/PF/C etc, etc, etc.

Thnx.

Afaik only the desktop version has games played. When you view your team roster page, it's at the bottom.

If you are using the app via iPhone you just scroll to the bottom of the "My Team" page and it gives you games played, remaining, and projected amount.

I just figured Slim Charless was trying to maximize everyone playing because typically I always am way under on games played, and this is my first time ever maxing every position out.

Return to Phoenix Suns