mathiaspw
dmastro32
Rookie
And1: 503

Re: 2021 Fantasy Basketball Thread - 2 Teams Available in Dynasty League 

Post#482 » by dmastro32 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 6:59 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
dmastro32 wrote:I am here for dynasty and priemer/gleague relegation

Relegation is moving down. Are you not moving up?

I was in priemer last year and finished low might be moving Down not sure
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,489

Post#483 » by sunskerr » Sat Aug 28, 2021 12:50 am

Hey guys.

Just thought this would be a good time to post this since we are looking at getting things up and running again. Here are some resources that I used last year, in order of how useful I found them.

Josh Lloyd Fantasy Basketball: A great channel that comes out with daily videos during the season. Great for learning about decision making. Covers basically every topic. Highly recommend. Don't worry too much about distinguishing between h2h and roto.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1I9lmlRwqSehJzlRo6DKqg

Basketball monster: per game rankings based on standard deviations, as well as total rankings. I believe these are stronger than yahoo's rankings.
www.basketballmonster.com

Hashtag basketball: dynasty rankings sorted by overall, competing, and rebuilding.
https://hashtagbasketball.com/

Rotoworld depth charts:
https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/edge/basketball/nba/depth-charts

I probably wont be spending as much time on my team as I did last year. But these resources definitely helped me last year and I'll be using them again this year.
wordsenuff
Pro Prospect
And1: 356

Post#484 » by wordsenuff » Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:46 am

I'm back for dynasty and g league.. unless I moved up to premier :D
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 703

Post#485 » by Kyler Murray » Sat Aug 28, 2021 6:02 pm

The champ is back :lol: iirc Terovibe wanted a team on dynasty, he mentioned it earlier I believe.
Golanator
Sixth Man
And1: 1,388

Post#486 » by Golanator » Sun Aug 29, 2021 11:33 pm

In for Dynasty and Premier
Stix
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,564

Post#487 » by Stix » Tue Aug 31, 2021 8:43 pm

Back for Premier (promoted) and Dynasty
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,180

Post#488 » by bigfoot » Fri Sep 3, 2021 2:33 pm

Wanted to bump this since the season is fast approaching and need to hear from returning managers in all leagues. We need commissioners for which leagues too?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,800

Post#489 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 3, 2021 8:47 pm

bigfoot wrote:Wanted to bump this since the season is fast approaching and need to hear from returning managers in all leagues. We need commissioners for which leagues too?

We may need commissioners for all. Kerrsed has been long time commissioner of the Premier but will get relegated, Mathias was for dynasty, but is gone, and I am not sure who was for the G league.

I believe I asked Kerrsed if he could do dynasty and Stix if he could do Premier. Maybe Kerrsed could do G league too unless previous commish is still playing. But I think he'd rather do only one.

I am also unsure if Kerrsed is well versed on all the dynasty rules which we keep track of, though he does have a lot of experience running leagues.

What we need is snapshots of league finishes, who is getting relegated and moved up, and which teams need to be taken over for dynasty. Mathias for sure and maybe TASTIC?

Then when asking who is returning everyone needs to be quoted in post to get notifications (or outstanding confirmations from posters need to be in subject line). Or at some point a thread for each league mentioning draft..that should get people commenting..maybe with outstanding confirmed players in subject.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,891

Post#490 » by Qwigglez » Sat Sep 4, 2021 4:00 am

I'm in for Dynasty.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#491 » by sunskerr » Sat Sep 4, 2021 5:29 am

Dynasty

Confirmed managers

bigfoot
bwgood
dmastro32
wheezy
desertfox
sunskerr
mrmiyagi
Golanator
Wordsenuff
Stix
Qwigglez

Need replacement managers
mathiaspw
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,180

Post#492 » by bigfoot » Sat Sep 4, 2021 2:14 pm

sunskerr wrote:Dynasty

Confirmed managers

bigfoot
bwgood
dmastro32
wheezy
desertfox
sunskerr
mrmiyagi
Golanator
Wordsenuff
Stix
Qwigglez

mathiaspw

Do we know who we are missing yet? I'm not 100% sure of the translation from Dynasty manager name to Realgm account name.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#493 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:12 pm

bigfoot wrote:
sunskerr wrote:Dynasty

Confirmed managers

bigfoot
bwgood
dmastro32
wheezy
desertfox
sunskerr
mrmiyagi
Golanator
Wordsenuff
Stix
Qwigglez

mathiaspw

Do we know who we are missing yet? I'm not 100% sure of the translation from Dynasty manager name to Realgm account name.

I'm pretty positive WG and Kerrsed are in (they both talked about next season a few pages ago) and TASTIC is definitely out. That gets us to 15. We need to figure out last team and find one more replacement manager.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: 2021 Fantasy Basketball Thread (Dynasty/Premier/G-League) 

Post#494 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:14 pm

Terovibe wrote:I would also like to address my will to join the dynasty league. If there is an open spot somehow, count me as a candidate.

You can take a spot. We will have to figure out everything first though. So keep checking thread.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#495 » by bwgood77 » Sat Sep 4, 2021 8:21 pm

Who owns the teams "This Team is Rated PG" and "Three 6 Latvia"?
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#496 » by sunskerr » Sun Sep 5, 2021 2:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:Who owns the teams "This Team is Rated PG" and "Three 6 Latvia"?

I believe "This Team is Rated PG" is desertfox. "Three 6 Latvia" is zer0 who changed his name to Stix. Both have already confirmed for this season. I also reread the most recent page and Kyler Murray (who changed his name from Ulquiorra) is confirmed for this year (dynasty and yearly - just a heads up for the yearly leagues).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LWc-TP573LjiEJF8lfLFkEFcxhdicjLY9YnCy2YX4zk/edit#gid=1206599990

This is the doc which tracks our dynasty league history. Hasn't been updated with last year's stuff yet.

Dynasty roll call

Confirmed managers
bigfoot
bwgood
dmastro32
wheezy
desertfox
sunskerr
mrmiyagi
Golanator
Wordsenuff
Stix (Zero)
Qwigglez
Kyler Murray (ulquiorra)

Probable
Kerrsed
WeekapaugGroove

New managers
Terovibe

Teams available

We just need one manager to get to 16 teams this year. All 15 other managers are more or less confirmed.

I suppose we can sort out who inherits which team once/if we find out who the 2nd new manager is. Desertfox and I did a keeper draft in 2019-2020 offseason when we joined as the two new owners, so that option is always on the table since it looks like this year we'll have the same scenario (we can still apply the 7 vs 8 keeper rule to this too). Just throwing it out there.

Another reminder about the keeper rule change which is still in effect:

MathiasPW wrote: For now, I´d like to remind you all that we agreed upon one rule change for the upcoming season: [u]if you choose an 8th keeper, you waive your 1st round draft pick

It's probably best to get a separate thread up and running for our offseason this year again as well. We still need to declare keepers, sort out who inherits which team (with a potential keeper draft for the 2 new managers), and run our free agent draft. It will help to formalize the check-in process as well to make sure everyone is actually here.

I'll lend a hand with running things as I just finished my current job/contract and now am on free time, although as far as being commissioner, with my timezone it would be incredibly difficult so I cannot put my name out there. I feel like there's a bigger conflict of interest as well since I finished first last year, or at least whatever I do as commish would be more scrutinized (and rightly so, to be honest). I'll assist with the spreadsheet with draft results/integrating new managers/results etc. this offseason, however.

When we get a dynasty thread up and running, make sure to include the spreadsheet in the main post. I'll also advocate that it would be nice to include the fantasy bball resources that I posted last page in the main post well - they're free and should help all of us get back up to speed quickly with fantasy since we've been on offseason since May.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#497 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 3:39 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Who owns the teams "This Team is Rated PG" and "Three 6 Latvia"?

I believe "This Team is Rated PG" is desertfox. "Three 6 Latvia" is zer0 who changed his name to Stix. Both have already confirmed for this season. I also reread the most recent page and Kyler Murray (who changed his name from Ulquiorra) is confirmed for this year (dynasty and yearly - just a heads up for the yearly leagues).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LWc-TP573LjiEJF8lfLFkEFcxhdicjLY9YnCy2YX4zk/edit#gid=1206599990

This is the doc which tracks our dynasty league history. Hasn't been updated with last year's stuff yet.

Dynasty roll call

Confirmed managers
bigfoot
bwgood
dmastro32
wheezy
desertfox
sunskerr
mrmiyagi
Golanator
Wordsenuff
Stix (Zero)
Qwigglez
Kyler Murray (ulquiorra)

Probable
Kerrsed
WeekapaugGroove

New managers
Terovibe

Teams available

We just need one manager to get to 16 teams this year. All 15 other managers are more or less confirmed.

I suppose we can sort out who inherits which team once/if we find out who the 2nd new manager is. Desertfox and I did a keeper draft in 2019-2020 offseason when we joined as the two new owners, so that option is always on the table since it looks like this year we'll have the same scenario (we can still apply the 7 vs 8 keeper rule to this too). Just throwing it out there.

Another reminder about the keeper rule change which is still in effect:

MathiasPW wrote: For now, I´d like to remind you all that we agreed upon one rule change for the upcoming season: [u]if you choose an 8th keeper, you waive your 1st round draft pick

It's probably best to get a separate thread up and running for our offseason this year again as well. We still need to declare keepers, sort out who inherits which team (with a potential keeper draft for the 2 new managers), and run our free agent draft. It will help to formalize the check-in process as well to make sure everyone is actually here.

I'll lend a hand with running things as I just finished my current job/contract and now am on free time, although as far as being commissioner, with my timezone it would be incredibly difficult so I cannot put my name out there. I feel like there's a bigger conflict of interest as well since I finished first last year, or at least whatever I do as commish would be more scrutinized (and rightly so, to be honest). I'll assist with the spreadsheet with draft results/integrating new managers/results etc. this offseason, however.

When we get a dynasty thread up and running, make sure to include the spreadsheet in the main post. I'll also advocate that it would be nice to include the fantasy bball resources that I posted last page in the main post well - they're free and should help all of us get back up to speed quickly with fantasy since we've been on offseason since May.

Sounds good. I think we should let the 2 new owners draft the pool of those two teams. That's the fair way. The only problem is then we have to decide what their draft position is. Obviously if either wanted to take an 8th guy then they lose their first round pick, but where do we place them in the draft? Maybe we average where Mathias and TASTIC placed and put them as close to in between those two slots as we can. Like if they had 5th and 10th they can draft after the 6th and 7th slots but before the 8th/9th.

Or if one of those teams is a compete now and the other a rebuild, maybe they would just decide they each wanted that specific team and that approach.

We need that new owner though.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#498 » by sunskerr » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:Sounds good. I think we should let the 2 new owners draft the pool of those two teams. That's the fair way. The only problem is then we have to decide what their draft position is. Obviously if either wanted to take an 8th guy then they lose their first round pick, but where do we place them in the draft? Maybe we average where Mathias and TASTIC placed and put them as close to in between those two slots as we can. Like if they had 5th and 10th they can draft after the 6th and 7th slots but before the 8th/9th.

Or if one of those teams is a compete now and the other a rebuild, maybe they would just decide they each wanted that specific team and that approach.

Yeah, we should take all that into account. I feel like when/if we get the final manager, and if they can't agree on which teams they would like to manage, it would be best to do a draft of those teams. We can follow the precedent set when Desertfox and I entered the league to decide draft order.

If they do agree on which teams they want to manage, then we can keep their original draft spots.

If we don't find a new manager though, what's the plan in that scenario? Assuming we let Terovibe have his pick of which team to take over, then do all the players from the remaining team get sent to FA for the FA draft? Maybe Mathias would know what the policy is/should be if there is past precedent.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#499 » by bwgood77 » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:28 am

sunskerr wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Sounds good. I think we should let the 2 new owners draft the pool of those two teams. That's the fair way. The only problem is then we have to decide what their draft position is. Obviously if either wanted to take an 8th guy then they lose their first round pick, but where do we place them in the draft? Maybe we average where Mathias and TASTIC placed and put them as close to in between those two slots as we can. Like if they had 5th and 10th they can draft after the 6th and 7th slots but before the 8th/9th.

Yeah, we should take all that into account. I feel like when/if we get the final manager, and if they can't agree on which teams they would like to manage, it would be best to do a draft of those teams. We can follow the precedent set when Desertfox and I entered the league to decide draft order.

If they do agree on which teams they want to manage, then we can keep their original draft spots.

If we don't find a new manager though, what's the plan in that scenario? Assuming we let Terovibe have his pick of which team to take over, then do all the players from the remaining team get sent to FA for the FA draft? Maybe Mathias would know what the policy is/should be if there is past precedent.

I don't even know what would be the best way. I don't think we could just release them into the player pool, though that would make the draft more interesting. Some are probably planning on keeping 8 guys though.

There really wouldn't be a fair way to do it...one of the teams has Harden and Vucevic and the other has Butler, Sabonis and Harris.

I was thinking we'd have to bid with # of keepers and draft picks or something...basically someone offers to only have 4 keepers and gives up their 1st round pick to get a guy or something. That would at least release non superstars into the pool...but several of them...it's kind of like who offers the most.

But, I don't think we should even go there and just need to find a new manager. Even if it's not someone in our forum, there are probably people looking for a league to join around the forums.
sunskerr
General Manager

Post#500 » by sunskerr » Sun Sep 5, 2021 4:49 am

bwgood77 wrote:I don't even know what would be the best way. I don't think we could just release them into the player pool, though that would make the draft more interesting. Some are probably planning on keeping 8 guys though.

There really wouldn't be a fair way to do it...one of the teams has Harden and Vucevic and the other has Butler, Sabonis and Harris.

I was thinking we'd have to bid with # of keepers and draft picks or something...basically someone offers to only have 4 keepers and gives up their 1st round pick to get a guy or something. That would at least release non superstars into the pool...but several of them...it's kind of like who offers the most.

But, I don't think we should even go there and just need to find a new manager. Even if it's not someone in our forum, there are probably people looking for a league to join around the forums.

Yeah it would be best to decide what to do with a spare team's players before any keepers are declared, so nobody gets boned if they decide to keep 8 if they see a player they want to draft. But I agree that we should just focus on getting the 16th manager.

I found this from back in 2019 by Mathias for what its worth in regards to 15 managers

MathiasPW wrote:Anyway, I believe the pool and redraft for new managers is pretty much a consensus. The whole point is if we do want to let bigfoot (and wheezy, if he feels like it) join, as well. This also depends if we are able to find a new manager for our 2nd vacant team. If we don't, sunskerr takes over one, we don't do any pooling, we reduce the league to 15 players, and the extinct team's players are up for grabs under normal draft rules.

As far as deciding their draft order, the new owner draft (which was snake order) was decided randomly. Im guessing since Desertfox got the higher result before the new owner draft was conducted, he also got the spot of the team that finished in a higher tier (tier 2). I think it would be better to just rng for which tier the new managers will be in, however.

This is 2019's draft order as an example, not this years (for our dynasty managers)

The final draft order is:
TIER 1
1 - Bigfoot Ballers
2 - Three 6 Latvia
3 - Tobias Gets Funke
4 - bwgood77
TIER 2
5 - Balls Deep
6 - DBook_in_ur_Mouth
7 - Waxed On
8 - Desertfox <-- new
TIER 3
9 - Ulquiorra
10 - The Fresh Princes
11 -Wordsenuf
12 - Sunskerr Team <-- new
TIER 4
13 - No I In Harden
14 - WeekapaugGroove
15 - Qwigglez
16 - Lillard Time

Here are last year's standings

looks like mathiaspw(no I in harden) and tastic (tobias gets funke) finished in separate tiers. So we can rng for which new manager goes into which tier. Draft orders have been done using www.fantasypros.com , which we can use for deciding orders for all 3 events (new owner draft, which tier the new owners get, and the general FA draft).

Return to Phoenix Suns