ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Aside from Suns, which 7 teams do you think have the best chance at making the playoffs next year?

Clippers
14%
Grizzlies
12%
Kings
2%
Lakers
2%
Mavericks
14%
Nuggets
14%
Pelicans
7%
Rockets
5%
Thunder
14%
Timberwolves
14%

Total votes: 42

Revived
RealGM
And1: 20,435

Re: Around the NBA - 23-24 Other playoff series 

Post#501 » by Revived » Sat May 25, 2024 4:46 am

Jaden McDaniels took turns clamping on our “superstars” while Luka is out here literally urinating on him publicly in playoff games.
Calvin Klein
RealGM
And1: 8,491

Post#502 » by Calvin Klein » Sat May 25, 2024 4:51 am

ugh, literally?
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,334

Post#503 » by Bogyo » Sat May 25, 2024 4:57 am

Well, at least we dont need a time machine to know how Blazers fans felt during the ninties...
# waiting for the next chapter
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#504 » by Calvin Klein » Sat May 25, 2024 5:27 am

Bogyo wrote:Well, at least we dont need a time machine to know how Blazers fans felt during the ninties...

Both teams also got a Finals run as a consolation prize. :(
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 669

Post#505 » by Sunlight » Sat May 25, 2024 6:03 am

Booker would have expelled Luka as well. Like everyone else around. Case closed.
Son of Ra
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,066

Post#506 » by Son of Ra » Sat May 25, 2024 7:21 am

Sunlight wrote:Booker would have expelled Luka as well. Like everyone else around. Case closed.

The difference being that it would have backfired and Booker having to leave. At least anyone with a half eye would've done that. Like ..draft Luka in the first place. I really wonder how these pro scouts thought anyone was better than an 18 year old having been a pro for 4 years and more than just proven himself against men in tough, fundamentals based leagues.
Has to be "continental racism"....

EuroLeague MVP.

EuroLeague First-Team.

Liga ACB MVP.

All-Liga ACB First Team.

EuroLeague Champion

"Nah, Im good. Such a wild card not sure he's got it. I'm gonna take the low motor guy that got manhandled by none NBA prospects and answered the "what's your goal in the league" question with "getting to that second contract". **** me.insane to think about.

But I need to let this go now, I've been making good progress getting over it and I'm actually rooting for Luka to win it all.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,477

Post#507 » by Puff » Sat May 25, 2024 8:31 am

Son of Ra wrote:
Sunlight wrote:Booker would have expelled Luka as well. Like everyone else around. Case closed.

The difference being that it would have backfired and Booker having to leave. At least anyone with a half eye would've done that. Like ..draft Luka in the first place. I really wonder how these pro scouts thought anyone was better than an 18 year old having been a pro for 4 years and more than just proven himself against men in tough, fundamentals based leagues.

EuroLeague MVP.

EuroLeague First-Team.

Liga ACB MVP.

All-Liga ACB First Team.

EuroLeague Champion

"Nah, Im good. Such a wild card not sure he's got it. I'm gonna take the low motor guy that got manhandled by none NBA prospects and answered the "what's your goal in the league" question with "getting to that second contract". **** me.insane to think about.

But I need to let this go now, I've been making good progress getting over it and I'm actually rooting for Luka to win it all.

When his career is over, baring injury, I expect him to be a real contender to replace either Michael Jordan or Lebron as the GOAT. He is that good.
      "Good Luck Coach Bud" You are going to need it.:crazy:
Sunlight
Bench Warmer
And1: 669

Post#508 » by Sunlight » Sat May 25, 2024 11:02 am

Son of Ra wrote:

EuroLeague MVP.

EuroLeague First-Team.

Liga ACB MVP.

All-Liga ACB First Team.

EuroLeague Champion

I was wrong about Luka not being able to play with other superstars because he is so dominant with the ball. Kyrie is of course his own chapter mentally and it seems that they complement each other very well. Like MJ and Rodman.
The Suns were forced to select Ayton because it had been so long since the last time a franchise center was on the team. Afterwards, of course, I feel sad too. I didn't expect Luka's physique to be so tough for a white man. His basketball IQ is perhaps the best ever seen. It is still underestimated in drafts over other skills. For example, Booker is not a very smart player. Emotion takes over too often and the whole team suffers.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 6,040

Post#509 » by kennydorglas » Sat May 25, 2024 12:03 pm

This guy #77 kinda good.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,427

Post#510 » by sunsbg » Sat May 25, 2024 1:00 pm

People should be at least a bit optimistic seeing a team that failed to make the playoffs last season with unbalanced roster around two offensive players, were in danger of ending in play-in before the trade deadline, now most likely will play in the finals and may win a title. So if FO is able to tweak the roster and with better coaching Suns can still end as a contender next season. Blueprint Mavs have provided is getting hard workers to improve D around your star players. Importance of playmaking is also made obvious with the way Mavs have exposed a 4-time DPOY.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 3,431

Post#511 » by garrick » Sat May 25, 2024 4:33 pm

sunsbg wrote:People should be at least a bit optimistic seeing a team that failed to make the playoffs last season with unbalanced roster around two offensive players, were in danger of ending in play-in before the trade deadline, now most likely will play in the finals and may win a title. So if FO is able to tweak the roster and with better coaching Suns can still end as a contender next season. Blueprint Mavs have provided is getting hard workers to improve D around your star players. Importance of playmaking is also made obvious with the way Mavs have exposed a 4-time DPOY.

Big difference though is they had the #10 pick which they used to select a pretty good young center in Lively, they also addressed their frontcourt weaknesses by adding PJ Washington and Gafford.

I said before the playoffs it would have been better that we miss the playoffs and I was right, we probably would be drafting around 12-15th which would leave us in a better position to take a player we really like.

There's really no point getting to the playoffs just to lose in the first round, better to miss it if you have control of your own draft pick and you have no realistic chance of going deep into the playoffs.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#512 » by sunsbg » Sat May 25, 2024 4:59 pm

garrick wrote:
sunsbg wrote:People should be at least a bit optimistic seeing a team that failed to make the playoffs last season with unbalanced roster around two offensive players, were in danger of ending in play-in before the trade deadline, now most likely will play in the finals and may win a title. So if FO is able to tweak the roster and with better coaching Suns can still end as a contender next season. Blueprint Mavs have provided is getting hard workers to improve D around your star players. Importance of playmaking is also made obvious with the way Mavs have exposed a 4-time DPOY.

Big difference though is they had the #10 pick which they used to select a pretty good young center in Lively, they also addressed their frontcourt weaknesses by adding PJ Washington and Gafford.

I said before the playoffs it would have been better that we miss the playoffs and I was right, we probably would be drafting around 12-15th which would leave us in a better position to take a player we really like.

There's really no point getting to the playoffs just to lose in the first round, better to miss it if you have control of your own draft pick and you have no realistic chance of going deep into the playoffs.

This is some losers mentality though. Just because Mavs lucked into Lively are only 4-5 real contenders supposed to play hard now ? Everybody else tanks ? At least now we know how the team compares with a WCF team and they can take required actions to improve. There will be a good prospect at #22 likely, though still most likely the pick is gone in a trade.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#513 » by garrick » Sat May 25, 2024 5:27 pm

sunsbg wrote:
garrick wrote:

This is some losers mentality though. Just because Mavs lucked into Lively are only 4-5 real contenders supposed to play hard now ? Everybody else tanks ? At least now we know how the team compares with a WCF team and they can take required actions to improve. There will be a good prospect at #22 likely, though still most likely the pick is gone in a trade.

If we were going to tank it would have been this season since we have our draft pick without pick swaps, going forward though it really doesn't make sense to tank since we either don't have the pick, or it's part of a pick swap or it gets pushed to the end of the draft due to the 2nd apron rules.

It's going to be a lot more difficult for us to add the 2-3 pieces that we need unless they fall into our lap somehow.
handsome salary
Rookie
And1: 1,155

Post#514 » by handsome salary » Sat May 25, 2024 6:01 pm

Son of Ra wrote:

EuroLeague MVP.

EuroLeague First-Team.

Liga ACB MVP.

All-Liga ACB First Team.

EuroLeague Champion

Suns chose to go with the guy who was the best player on the worst Suns teams of all time. Watching him choke playoff after playoff is the payoff for such loyalty.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,434

Post#515 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 25, 2024 6:32 pm

Son of Ra wrote:

EuroLeague MVP.

EuroLeague First-Team.

Liga ACB MVP.

All-Liga ACB First Team.

EuroLeague Champion

Tough to let that one go Ra… Best to bury it down there with Robey for DJ and pooping on Dragic (yeah, I rank that one up there considering he played seven more years was an All-Star and 6MYO, while we languished with trash PG’s till Rubio)

But passing on a dude who might be one of the top 10 ever…for a flake? DA is our Sam Bowie. To dwell on it is excruciAyton.

Sadly, the list builds with Haliburton, and likely KD and Beal as franchise changers
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 58,399

Post#516 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 25, 2024 11:29 pm

Son of Ra wrote:

EuroLeague MVP.

EuroLeague First-Team.

Liga ACB MVP.

All-Liga ACB First Team.

EuroLeague Champion

Luka is and was always on a different tier than Book. Crazy shot from Luka last night. I'm kind of rooting for the Wolves...amazing they were actually in it with Towns shooting 4-16 and Edwards 5-17. The only reason they were in it is Naz Reid.

It will be interesting if the Mavs play the Celtics in the finals. Can two great beat a stacked team with starters. Say what you will about Tatum, but he isn't nearly the playoff performer that Kyrie is, and of course not Luka. Can Jrue or White really stop or slow down Luka? Probably not. Maybe Kyrie due to size but it's still nearly impossible to stop Kyrie getting to the rim. Lively a stud too.

And taking out the Clippers, Thunder and Wolves is quite a bit tougher than the Butler-less Heat, the Cavs and the Pacers.

It won't shock me if the Wolves bounce back though. They obviously won two on the road against Denver, which is even a tougher place to play, and have been in both games, whereas Denver beat them twice in Minny too, killing them in one.

Good year in Dallas though for sports (except Cowboys of course)...both the Mavs and Stars in the conference finals.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#517 » by sunsbg » Sun May 26, 2024 12:34 am

Boston did play Dallas after their trades and did quite well, playing 1on1 defense and still shutting down Kyrie. If both teams are healthy it should be a good series.
Calvin Klein
RealGM

Post#518 » by Calvin Klein » Mon May 27, 2024 2:40 am

I'm rooting for the Mavs like crazy. I don't care. I need to enjoy good basketball.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 20,435

Post#519 » by Revived » Mon May 27, 2024 2:46 am

Read on Twitter

It’s amazing how they got Gafford for a fcking pick swap.
garrick
Head Coach

Post#520 » by garrick » Mon May 27, 2024 1:30 pm

Revived wrote:
Read on Twitter

It’s amazing how they got Gafford for a fcking pick swap.

I think he got that wrong. NBA.com says he was traded for Richuan Holmes and a 2028 1st round pick.

https://www.nba.com/news/wizards-trade-daniel-gafford-mavericks

Mavs get:

Daniel Gafford
Wizards get:

Richaun Holmes
2024 first-round pick (from Mavs via Thunder)

Return to Phoenix Suns