ImageImageImage

Alex Len

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: Alex Len 

Post#521 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:13 am

19, 14, 13. Rebounds in the last 3 games.

Alex Len is only 24. That is about the same age players used to be coming in to the league.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Joel Embust
Head Coach
And1: 3,055

Post#522 » by Joel Embust » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:03 am

46 rebounds in 74 minutes. This guy is a rebounding machine.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#523 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:05 pm

kennydorglas wrote:4 wasted years trying to make him a floor spacer.
I still cant watch his WILD touch around the rim, but he definitely stepped up this season.
Is he another contract year primer?

I don't like defending this FO or prior coaching staffs but I get why they tried some things with Len. When you're a rebuilding team it's good to push the limits of what guys are capable of to see what they can do.

There are so many factors on why it took this long for Len:

The coaching staffs were bad and while I understand why they tried some things with him they should have simplified things sooner.

The Front office didn't do him any favors with the Chandler signing and I think that mentally took a toll on him.

Luck hit him with those injuries early in his career that stunted his growth.

And Alex himself deserves blame. He was given a golden opportunity last season and frankly didn't take advantage of it and got his ass severely outplayed by Williams.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,178

Post#524 » by bigfoot » Fri Dec 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Soon we will need to see Len start to determine if we want to sign him for next year. Right now, Coach T is keeping Bender and Len paired together in the second unit with Monroe and Chandler getting the DNPs at the starting position. A trend I think worth watching is that Len does a lot of his dominate rebounding and defense against backup centers. Seems like his minutes and numbers go down against more dominate centers like Gasol and Jordan. If he is to be paid a decent salary next year for the Suns it should be as a starting center. Put him out there against the best and see how he fares.

It might be time to start Bender and Len since they play well together. Move those two to the starting lineup. Bender has been pushing close to 30 minutes per game and closing out the 4th quarter. Soon this move need to be made.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#525 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:01 pm

bigfoot wrote:Soon we will need to see Len start to determine if we want to sign him for next year. Right now, Coach T is keeping Bender and Len paired together in the second unit with Monroe and Chandler getting the DNPs at the starting position. A trend I think worth watching is that Len does a lot of his dominate rebounding and defense against backup centers. Seems like his minutes and numbers go down against more dominate centers like Gasol and Jordan. If he is to be paid a decent salary next year for the Suns it should be as a starting center. Put him out there against the best and see how he fares.

It might be time to start Bender and Len since they play well together. Move those two to the starting lineup. Bender has been pushing close to 30 minutes per game and closing out the 4th quarter. Soon this move need to be made.

Bender is getting the minutes.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,910

Post#526 » by Damkac » Fri Feb 9, 2018 11:52 pm

Is it 100% sure thing he is gone after this season?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,785

Post#527 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 12:21 am

Damkac wrote:Is it 100% sure thing he is gone after this season?

I still don't think so. I don't think there's much of a market for him and I think if we offer him something reasonable like $4-5m a year, he'll probably strongly consider it.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,947

Post#528 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:30 am

I'm surprised the Center market has swung so far the other way.

Players like Len average a double-double with efficiency and defense in about 28 minutes at the fraction the cost of mediocre perimeter players.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#529 » by RunDogGun » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:37 am

Unless we make a draft day trade, I don’t know if we really need Len next year. We still have Sauce and Chandler, and both Bender and Chriss can play spot minutes at the five. And we can always draft a decent back up center.
bigfoot

Post#530 » by bigfoot » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:44 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:I'm surprised the Center market has swung so far the other way.

Players like Len average a double-double with efficiency and defense in about 28 minutes at the fraction the cost of mediocre perimeter players.

What the majority of the league has is centers who clog the lane, have no low post game, and can't defend both the paint and perimeter. Matchups are the problem. An opposing coach simply needs to put out a 6'9" to 6'10" player who can hit the three at .333 or better and you've eliminated the advantage of the traditional center. He's has to go and guard the player at the three point line which means fewer rebounds and no paint protection. They also have to deal with the speed of the player on the perimeter and during transition back on defense. The only way it works is if the center has a devastating post game. Really who in the league has such a game?

Right now this is the breakdown the number of players in the league averaging more than 28 minutes per game by position

C 10
PF 17
SF 25
SG 26
PG 21
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,759

Post#531 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:26 pm

Read on Twitter
bigfoot

Post#532 » by bigfoot » Sat Jun 16, 2018 11:11 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

He better make a good wish when he blows out the candles.

Return to Phoenix Suns