ImageImageImage

2019 season speculation including trade ideas

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Will Booker make the all-star team this year?

Yes
49%
No
51%

Total votes: 77

Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,989

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 49 more days til season opener! 

Post#81 » by Saberestar » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 am

Jarlaxle0204 wrote:When is media day? Just curious how much longer I have to wait.

Read on Twitter
Crives
General Manager
And1: 7,055

Re: 2019 Free agency and trade speculation: 43 more days til season opener! 

Post#82 » by Crives » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:04 pm

Rubio shooting 47.6% from three throughout this tournament!
suns12345
Starter
And1: 1,612

Post#83 » by suns12345 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:44 pm

Crives wrote:Rubio shooting 47.6% from three throughout this tournament!

NBA midrange*
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

Post#84 » by Wilber85 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:34 pm

suns12345 wrote:

NBA midrange*

Never invite this guy to a party! Debbie downer ^^^^^^^
suns12345
Starter

Post#85 » by suns12345 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:32 am

Wilber85 wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

NBA midrange*

Haha Wilber, i've bee your number 1 fan this off season enjoying your positive takes on our offseason, and now this :(

In all seriousness though, i'm hopeful for Rubio but what I always hear is that he is a good mid-range shooter, so hoping this percentage isnt reflecting just that and this translates to the NBA 3. Maybe his strong FIBA play gives him confidence for the season.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#86 » by MathiasPW » Wed Sep 11, 2019 1:37 pm

suns12345 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
suns12345 wrote: NBA midrange*

Haha Wilber, i've bee your number 1 fan this off season enjoying your positive takes on our offseason, and now this :(

In all seriousness though, i'm hopeful for Rubio but what I always hear is that he is a good mid-range shooter, so hoping this percentage isnt reflecting just that and this translates to the NBA 3. Maybe his strong FIBA play gives him confidence for the season.

Rubio is a TERRIBLE midrange shooter. He shot 39% from midrange last year. If you consider the non-restricted area in the paint as midrange, it gets even worse.

https://stats.nba.com/player/201937/shooting/.

FIBA has shown how dangerous he can be when he has control of the ball. It seems to also give him confidence and it has been reflecting in his shooting.
traumeel
Sophomore
And1: 8

Post#87 » by traumeel » Thu Sep 12, 2019 3:58 am

MathiasPW wrote:
suns12345 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

Rubio is a TERRIBLE midrange shooter. He shot 39% from midrange last year. If you consider the non-restricted area in the paint as midrange, it gets even worse.

FIBA has shown how dangerous he can be when he has control of the ball. It seems to also give him confidence and it has been reflecting in his shooting.

16-24 ft. 47-109 (43.1%) (Long mid-range)
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,807

Post#88 » by MathiasPW » Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:06 pm

traumeel wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:
suns12345 wrote:

16-24 ft. 47-109 (43.1%) (Long mid-range)

there is literally a table there that says "MID-RANGE", but sure, let's pick one piece of info out of context and rebuff the argument.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,185

Post#89 » by sunsbg » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:15 pm

I hope Ty becomes a similar player to compensate for losing this guy :

Wilber85
Veteran

Post#90 » by Wilber85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:21 am

suns12345 wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
suns12345 wrote: NBA midrange*

Alright you can come to the party.

Truth is Rubio is looking good, dudes going to get an aZ girl pregnant and be a sun for the rest of his career
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#91 » by Wilber85 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:22 am

sunsbg wrote:I hope Ty becomes a similar player to compensate for losing this guy :

This dude is trash, and it’s crazy how obsessed suns fans are with this dude , and TJ Warren

Booker , Oubre , Bridges > bogdan, and warren easily
suns12345
Starter

Post#92 » by suns12345 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:56 am

Baynes vs. Rubio starts in 3 hours.

Go the Aussies
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#93 » by sunsbg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:14 am

Wilber85 wrote:
sunsbg wrote:I hope Ty becomes a similar player to compensate for losing this guy :

This dude is trash, and it’s crazy how obsessed suns fans are with this dude , and TJ Warren

Everybody on GB is obsessed with him, he's already a star in FIBA and a budding star in NBA according to some, but OK let's call him trash. :lol:
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,373

Post#94 » by AtheJ415 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:57 am

sunsbg wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

Everybody on GB is obsessed with him, he's already a star in FIBA and a budding star in NBA according to some, but OK let's call him trash. :lol:

He isn't trash but he is nowhere close to a budding star and will never be a star. He's a good role player, but he's already paid like a good role player and is the age that a good role player should be (it's not like he's 21 and already an elite role player or something), so I don't get the fascination with him. Warren was better than him rather easily actually. I agree with Wilber there. And at $10+M a year and at his age it really is more a comparison to a Warren or Rubio or the like as far as who would you rather have.

I like Bogdan and he has a good skillset for his size, but he's not an elite athlete and is not overwhelmingly skilled. I think most of the confusion comes from people not realizing how old he actually is. He's a super experienced vet, not a promising young player. He's probably the 5th best player on the Kings, who are solid but not great. That does not make you a future star.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by sunsbg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:37 am

AtheJ415 wrote:He isn't trash but he is nowhere close to a budding star and will never be a star. He's a good role player, but he's already paid like a good role player and is the age that a good role player should be (it's not like he's 21 and already an elite role player or something), so I don't get the fascination with him. Warren was better than him rather easily actually. I agree with Wilber there. And at $10+M a year and at his age it really is more a comparison to a Warren or Rubio or the like as far as who would you rather have.

I like Bogdan and he has a good skillset for his size, but he's not an elite athlete and is not overwhelmingly skilled. I think most of the confusion comes from people not realizing how old he actually is. He's a super experienced vet, not a promising young player. He's probably the 5th best player on the Kings, who are solid but not great. That does not make you a future star.

So 27yo is a retirement age now. You know he's probably still adapting to NBA game. I have followed him since EL and he has progressed nicely every year shooting-wise, although he was always a good shooter unlike Warren. In addition he's a creator, which Warren has never been. Has leadership qualities and plays the game the right way. All in all, I think he's in the same boat with Warren, a good 6th man. But there are certainly people, who think with increased role(probably during his next contract) he has the chance to become a star. I wouldn't say never, as I already said he's been a star in EL since 20yo and now is an international star.

P.S. The fascination of Suns fans with youth and athleticism is also amusing after so many athletic draft busts in recent years.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,105

Post#96 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:49 am

How would all of us feel watching the World Cup had we paid Kemba what Boston did, and Rubio, say, went to the Celtics at the price we paid him? I know I'd be feeling a little anxious, watching these games.

I feel like staggering Booker and Rubio a bit will be in the cards, especially as the season progresses, just to increase the amount of time each has the ball in their hands. I feel like Rubio, Dario and Ayton will work really well together as a trio. I think Baynes will actually do really well next to Booker. I bet we Booker paired with Baynes and Rubio with Ayton.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#97 » by sunsbg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:16 am

Rubio should be taking only open 3s that's for sure. Looks good in this tournament shooting from mid-range though.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,779

Post#98 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:56 am

Farrrrr out. My Boomers are out. Rubio had a huge game. Not necessarily just from a numbers standpoint but his leadership, composure and experience really shone through. Well done Spain
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#99 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:19 pm

sunsbg wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

The problem with Bogdon is that he has a star mentality and a limited journeyman skill set. He shoots and has an ok handle. His passing is moderate. His defense is horrible. But he wants to take the last shot every time.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by sunsbg » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:46 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:The problem with Bogdon is that he has a star mentality and a limited journeyman skill set. He shoots and has an ok handle. His passing is moderate. His defense is horrible. But he wants to take the last shot every time.

Just curious do you also consider Warren a 'limited journeyman' ?

He's pretty skilled at feeding the big man in the post, I have seen him do it for Vesely on Fenerbahce, the big men on Serbia team, also seen a comment for that once he had 10a in NBA game. I can guarantee you, he would have meshed with Ayton very well, much better than Booker.

And how did you come with 'he wants to take the last shot every time' ? He's certainly not a 'me first' player, like most Euro players btw.

Return to Phoenix Suns