ImageImageImage

Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Sun Scorched
Lead Assistant
And1: 280

Re: Amare Stoudemire Discussion Thread 

Post#1101 » by Sun Scorched » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:51 pm

Put simply, we have more options without Stoudemire (via S&T, or otherwise) than we do with him.
On Steve Nash:
G35 wrote:He may run a great offense but I wouldn't choose him over Amare to start a team.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 278

Post#1102 » by Miklo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:25 pm

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67558/20100629/suns_only_shot_of_keeping_amare_may_be_to_offer_max/

We know we're in trouble when they start putting DWade pics in Amar'e articles :o
ls2ws6
Junior
And1: 0

Post#1103 » by ls2ws6 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:58 pm

Miklo wrote:http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67558/20100629/suns_only_shot_of_keeping_amare_may_be_to_offer_max/

We know we're in trouble when they start putting DWade pics in Amar'e articles :o

Maybe they were just showing what a real max player looks like
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#1104 » by rsavaj » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:20 pm

Latest article on azcentral says that we've seen Amare's MRI's and we're still concerned.

Dude's gone.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1105 » by Miklo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:25 pm

rsavaj wrote:Latest article on azcentral says that we've seen Amare's MRI's and we're still concerned.

Dude's gone.

:(

Yeah if this is being released at the same time as the "final meeting with Amar'e" is being released, I'm thinking Sarver is gonna go all hardball on Amar'e. With that and the years, of course.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,028

Post#1106 » by RaisingArizona » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:43 pm

rsavaj wrote:Latest article on azcentral says that we've seen Amare's MRI's and we're still concerned.

Dude's gone.

Which is good imo. If they did see something of concern, it's better to not strap the franchise down financially for 6 years.
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#1107 » by ruiner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:59 pm

Here's the article. If our training staff/docters are concerned, then it's no joke.
The Suns improved their offer earlier this month from a February offer that put off Stoudemire. But even a willingness to pay him maximum salaries is not enough, because the Suns do not want to commit to him for the maximum six years, a deal that would pay him more than $130 million but can't be insured because of his knee and eye history. The Suns saw MRI exams on his knees recently and remain concerned. Walters said they were the same as last year.

"The meeting is a chance to sit down and spend a lot of time talking about his future expectations and where our franchise is going and what's important to him and us," Sarver said. "He negotiated for a player option and that gives him a chance to look around."

Stoudemire spent time recently in Miami and Chicago, where teams will have salary-cap space, but also has interest from New Jersey and New York, where espn.com reported Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni hopes to talk to Stoudemire this week after meeting with another of his ex-Suns, Joe Johnson, who is also in Los Angeles. Stoudemire and D'Antoni had a rough parting, but D'Antoni needs upgrades.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/ar ... z0sGnwYHsA
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1108 » by Miklo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:00 pm

Yeah I guess I'm kinda stubborn in wanting to keep Amar'e but if there are legitimate concerns about his health, he who jumps in with a max contract is rolling dice I don't think we should roll.
chefsunsfan7
Junior
And1: 9

Post#1109 » by chefsunsfan7 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:02 pm

Just read on twitter from Gambo that if we loose Amare we will not pursue David Lee. I seriously can see us loosing Amare and standing pat. Wouldn't that be awesome?
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#1110 » by RunDogGun » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 pm

If there is concern, wouldn't that hinder any possible S&T deals? :dontknow:
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#1111 » by Frank Lee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:19 pm

This is tough news for Stat... but he likely knew it, and will down play it. 'No change from last yr ' per his agent ? What does that mean ?

Interesting news though, and perhaps Stat will turn out being a bargain if this hinders interest in him. I can see some logic for him to except his option to remain at 17 mill.... then force a trade later on this yr. He'd still hold the cards.
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1112 » by Miklo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:20 pm

RunDogGun wrote:If there is concern, wouldn't that hinder any possible S&T deals? :dontknow:

That's a good point...I guess it all comes down to whether anyone would still give Amar'e a max contract in light of this. Given the free agent desperation of 2010 I'm thinking at the very least one of the "losers" will shell out the money, either via signing or hopefully through S&T.
ruiner
Sixth Man
And1: 149

Post#1113 » by ruiner » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:31 pm

chefsunsfan7 wrote:Just read on twitter from Gambo that if we loose Amare we will not pursue David Lee. I seriously can see us loosing Amare and standing pat. Wouldn't that be awesome?

Oh, I've been expecting that.
#1 pick
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#1114 » by #1 pick » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:24 pm

How about this trade:
Phx:
Kevin Love
VC

Orl:
Amare

Min:
Gortat
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1115 » by Miklo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:29 pm

#1 pick wrote:How about this trade:
Phx:
Kevin Love
VC

Orl:
Amare

Min:
Gortat

Not bad as far as talent coming in for Amar'e, but we just don't need VC. Even if we did need him I'd rather not have him :wink:
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#1116 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 pm

#1 pick wrote:How about this trade:
Phx:
Kevin Love
VC

Orl:
Amare

Min:
Gortat

Why on Earth would Minny trade Kevin Love for Gortat?!?!? Think before you post...
Azsports77
Pro Prospect
And1: 226

Post#1117 » by Azsports77 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:43 pm

Gambo and Ash seem to think if Amare turns down a deal that gives him more money that other teams can pay him for four years then the consensus is that they will go hard after Dirk Nowitzki . The reason Dirk can only land a four year contract due to the 36 rule he is currently 32 years old and the NBA doesn't allow a player to sign a contract that runs longer than his 36th birthday . Dirk just opted out and I believe that reuniting with Steve Nash would be hard for Dirk to turn away from especially if they have Steve Nash talk to him. This is why the Suns don't want Lee they want someone who can help them win a title and Dirk does have some abilities that can get you there that Amare doesn't have even if he is a jump shooter. Dirk can get a max offer of 4 years 91 million gee that's ironic its close to what Sarver is offering Amare right now ! :o
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,864

Post#1118 » by grumpysaddle » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 pm

On Tuesday, the Nets traded Yi Jianlian to the Wizards for Quinton Ross, creating additional room under the salary cap.

The Nets sent the Wizards cash in the deal.

This opens up $3 million more salary cap room, leaving the team about $30 million under the cap.

"This trade is a good opportunity to add a skilled 7-footer with significant NBA experience who was the sixth overall pick in the draft just three years ago," Ernie Grunfeld said in a statement. "Yi fits in very well with our ongoing plan of building towards the future with a core of young, talented players."

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... for_nets/##ixzz0sHEkqq2g

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67569/20100629/yi_traded_to_wizards_freeing_up_more_cap_room_for_nets/#

People can finally stop talking about bringing Yi here.
pidi
Veteran
And1: 143

Post#1119 » by pidi » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:51 pm

as much as i love dirk, i don´t want no part of any 91 mil dollar deal, damn.. we could have boozer with this money - and i think that we don´t have that much money left under the cap.

if dirk wants to play alongside nash than he should come for the mle and give us enough air to sign a significant center / back up pf to win a championship.

i also think that the suns have a good chance on landing someone like lee, if ama´re leaves.
the past years we got some realy good fa´s. and we got them with the fact that we can not offer that much money like others..

watch out, lebron´s comig to phx...
Miklo
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1120 » by Miklo » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:00 pm

pidi wrote:as much as i love dirk, i don´t want no part of any 91 mil dollar deal, damn.. we could have boozer with this money - and i think that we don´t have that much money left under the cap.

if dirk wants to play alongside nash than he should come for the mle and give us enough air to sign a significant center / back up pf to win a championship.

i also think that the suns have a good chance on landing someone like lee, if ama´re leaves.
the past years we got some realy good fa´s. and we got them with the fact that we can not offer that much money like others..

watch out, lebron´s comig to phx...

I have to agree about Dirk - I don't know how much money he'll command but I'm feeling like DLee would give more bang for the buck. Plus with Dirk, Nash and Hill we'll have to open a K&W Cafeteria next to the locker room.

EDIT: K&W might be just a southern reference - basically a cafeteria packed with all old people.

Return to Phoenix Suns