ImageImageImage

Why is Beasley not playing?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Re: Why is Beasley not playing? 

Post#21 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:11 pm

Again he might not be a good fit with that team due to bad coaching and new environment but his scoring talent is undeniable.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
phx#7
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,316

Post#22 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:22 pm

ash_k wrote:Again he might not be a good fit with that team due to bad coaching and new environment but his scoring talent is undeniable.

Yes it must be the coaching and environment. I'm sure once he gets to his 5th coach on his 4th team everything will be smooth sailing.
ash_k
RealGM
And1: 8,790

Post#23 » by ash_k » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:29 pm

phx#7 wrote:
ash_k wrote:Again he might not be a good fit with that team due to bad coaching and new environment but his scoring talent is undeniable.

Yes it must be the coaching and environment. I'm sure once he gets to his 5th coach on his 4th team everything will be smooth sailing.

Look at his first 3 seasons; first 2 playing with All-Word Wade he was doing just fine then when he had more touches for the first time in his 3rd season he did very well.

Just like Mayo, a coach has to entrust him with more responsibilities.
Sinant wrote:I treat the Phoenix/Cleveland/Boston Shaqs like I do Wizards MJ. Never happened.
sunsdragic
Junior
And1: 46

Post#24 » by sunsdragic » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:42 pm

Hes on Tank. Why not play Beasley instead of **** Brown.
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by phx#7 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 5:50 pm

sunsdragic wrote:Hes on Tank. Why not play Beasley instead of **** Brown.

Brown is a much better defender(not saying much) and can occasionally get on a hot streak. Beasley is consistently terrible.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#26 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:07 pm

Maybe if we let him play, he can get some nice looking numbers, enough for someone to take the gamble on him, like we did. And since we're not a playoff team might as well rack up losses.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Post#27 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jan 9, 2013 7:55 pm

Beasly was given every opportunity to succeed, Gentry even yelled at him for not shooting enough early in the year. We tried to make him an out front scorer with an untra green light, the only problem is he couldnt hit the DAMN SHOTS!!! Wes Johnson is playing cause we are trying to infalte his value so he looks good to a team trying to dump salary for an expiring contract, and he is failing at that!!
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#28 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jan 9, 2013 11:10 pm

I don't know what the controversy here is. Beasley was paraded as our star signing, our go-to guy and the green light to shoot and he wasn't even that good at the one thing he was suppose to be good at. When a scorer can't scorer efficiently and giving up more points to his man than he's putting on the board, then he's just not that good.

Is it that hard to take in?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
phrazbit
Sixth Man
And1: 649

Post#29 » by phrazbit » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:01 am

ash_k wrote:
At 21 years old he managed to score 19.2 ppg shooting 45% FG 37 3Pt% in 32 minutes in 73 games while playing next to Olympian Kevin Love who was scoring 20.2ppg shooting 47%FG..

In the last 2 years he has averaged 22 minutes per game(???)

Just like Mayo those guys are scorers, both went to college for a year and averaged over 20 per games at their schools..

For some unknown reason OJ's pt got cut the last 2 years though he scored 17 plus in his first two seasons; now we have seen how Dallas has left him "be who he is" (A SCORER) and Mayo has gone back to his scoring prowess .

Beasley needs to be put in the same situation as O.J., maybe Phoenix (and Alvin) is not the place for him...

He took 17 shots to get that 19 a game, and he did it all while stagnating his teams offense and playing some of the worst defense ever seen on an NBA floor. He actually took 200 MORE shots than Kevin Love did that year, all while scoring less points. How did the Wolves fare with an All-Pro like Love and Beasley doing, as you put it, "a great job"...? THEY WERE THE WORST TEAM IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!

Beasley has been given every opportunity to succeed, whats stopping his success is that he sucks. He sucks hard. You give virtually any player in the league 17 freaking shots per game and they damn well better get AT LEAST 19 points. Beasley is NOT a scorer, when he is getting the ball it is not remotely benefitial to his TEAMS ability to score points. He sucks the life out of team offense and he is non-existent as a defensive player.

Youre damn right Beasley is not the right fit in Phoenix, he shouldnt be here, he should be in the NBA, he belongs with other "me first" stat padding crap, scrubs in China.

And that is where he will almost certainly be once the Suns waive his worthless butt.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,632

Post#30 » by Saberestar » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Easy answer; because he is a BAD player.
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#31 » by Jodi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:51 pm

Man, you guys need to trade Beasley to the Pistons...Dumars, Prince, and Knight would get Beasley back on track...I hope we trade for him before the deadline...
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by phx#7 » Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Jodi wrote:Man, you guys need to trade Beasley to the Pistons...Dumars, Prince, and Knight would get Beasley back on track...I hope we trade for him before the deadline...

Give some expiring contracts and he's all yours.
phrazbit
Sixth Man

Post#33 » by phrazbit » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:07 pm

Jodi wrote:Man, you guys need to trade Beasley to the Pistons...Dumars, Prince, and Knight would get Beasley back on track...I hope we trade for him before the deadline...

LOL! Take him, we beg of you! But FYI, at the NBA level Beasley was never "on" track.

Beasley for Maggette, and you guys can tell Corey not bother to get on a plane, we'll waive him.
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#34 » by rsavaj » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:31 pm

Seriously, all we ask of you are expiring contracts. Beas for Mad Maxiell works straight up.
Jodi
Banned User
And1: 52

Post#35 » by Jodi » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:41 pm

@phx#7, @phrazbit, and @rsavaj: Done!!. I hope Dumars is reading this...
TheToothFairy
Banned User
And1: 297

Post#36 » by TheToothFairy » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:35 am

His seems like a OJ Mayo situation to me. True Beasley is not a efficient player but I heard the same things about Mayo too.

I do agree that he was given opportunity here but what happened to that Beasley who dominated that preseason game right before the season?

Weird
phx#7
Lead Assistant

Post#37 » by phx#7 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:48 am

TheToothFairy wrote:what happened to that Beasley who dominated that preseason game right before the season?

Nothing. If you go back and look at that game thread I voiced concern about that game against the Nuggets. The only difference in that game was him hitting his jumpers at an unsustainable clip and the high volume of attempts.
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#38 » by DRK » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:54 am

We tried him at the 3, and he didnt succeed. You know why? Because he is not a 3.

Play him as a high-post four, and you'll get the best out of him.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
rsavaj
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,767

Post#39 » by rsavaj » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:07 am

Too bad he gets destroyed on defense as a 4
phrazbit
Sixth Man

Post#40 » by phrazbit » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:20 am

An undersized power forward who shies away from contact on offense, cant rebound and is a turnstile defensively... oh... yeah... sounds enticing.

Someone call up the Beijing Shougang Ducks, see what they will offer.

Return to Phoenix Suns