ImageImageImage

Brandon Knight News and Discussion

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Re: Brandon Knight 

Post#281 » by Fo-Real » Sun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 pm

nevetsov wrote:If Bazemore has legitimate SG size and fills the role of Booker reserve/ spot starter, I'm all for it. I don't even care what contract he is on. Just move on from this awful undersized SG rubbish.

I think Baze is much better than Knight. I believe he has decent size, he is a SF. I've liked Bazemore since he was in Golden state, but I don't think he is gonna be worth his upcoming aslary.
td00
Sixth Man
And1: 70

Post#282 » by td00 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:47 pm

Baze is 6'6" and simply not big enough to fight off 3s. He plays best in the open court, and is a terrific community guy as well. He played better with Korver on the court with him and to me, it looks like he hasn't been able to fulfill that role as expected since we moved Korver to the 1st place team in the East.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#283 » by BobbieL » Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:33 pm

I still like the idea of Jeff Greene for Knight - get an expiring contract
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#284 » by Bogyo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:05 pm

Serious question for all of you: who is the last player to fall off like this at such young age, after all-star worthy numbers without injury? I mean this guy went from a promising 22 year old, all star snub to the worst player in the league (literally) in a year, without any signs of it. No injuries, no serious reports of pouting for loosing his place (as he shouldn't be, becouse both Bled and Booker are better than him), no nothing. It's like his general IQ went from 120 to 80 plus he forgot how to play basketball meanwhile- against subs instead of starters... How is that even possible? Not hating just honestly dont know how this happened? I've been following the league since 90 and I can't really recall anything like this. Let me know if you do
Beetlejuice
Junior
And1: 151

Post#285 » by Beetlejuice » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:33 pm

He was always a poor player. Just his quickness ( which is why he is in the nba ) fools a lot of people. Sad he just doesnt have the natural abilities to really do something with it.

Ask about Knight and allstar on the bucks forums you will get your aswer to that question quickly.

It is true he is worse now than before. It kind of seems like he wants to figure the game out instead of being reckless with his quickness . But without his quickness(recklessness) he has no advantages and we will see that he does not belong to the NBA.

70 million is funny tho, ***g magician .
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#286 » by Bogyo » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:53 pm

But he was shooting better, both from 2 and 3 point range, against better competition (starters), and had better numbers overall, with room to improve due to his young age.
Plus he seems to be a smart(ish) guy generally... still something is missing... weed? or just psych problems? doesn't care about ballin after getting 80 mill from his contracts? Mistery...

Edit: still didn't answer my original question - remember anybody like him in the last 20-30 yrs?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,452

Post#287 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Bogyo wrote:Serious question for all of you: who is the last player to fall off like this at such young age, after all-star worthy numbers without injury? I mean this guy went from a promising 22 year old, all star snub to the worst player in the league (literally) in a year, without any signs of it. No injuries, no serious reports of pouting for loosing his place (as he shouldn't be, becouse both Bled and Booker are better than him), no nothing. It's like his general IQ went from 120 to 80 plus he forgot how to play basketball meanwhile- against subs instead of starters... How is that even possible? Not hating just honestly dont know how this happened? I've been following the league since 90 and I can't really recall anything like this. Let me know if you do

Derrick Rose? Sure he got injured, but he went from MVP to terrible. Granted, he shouldn't have been MVP, but he was much better than Knight ever was.

Bucks fans didn't like Knight much. His first year there he was pretty much the same player he is now. 42.2% fg, 32.5% 3pt fg%, and below a 2-1 ast/to ratio.

The 2nd year prior to the trade deadline was his best year, and he shot 43.5%, 40.9% from 3, but still had a less than 2-1 to ratio. He was never all THAT good...the only reason he was talked about as an all star snub was because the Bucks were playing relatively well in a weak conference and he scored the most. The team played better when he sat.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/k/knighbr03.html
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#288 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:51 pm

Bogyo wrote:Serious question for all of you: who is the last player to fall off like this at such young age, after all-star worthy numbers without injury? I mean this guy went from a promising 22 year old, all star snub to the worst player in the league (literally) in a year, without any signs of it. No injuries, no serious reports of pouting for loosing his place (as he shouldn't be, becouse both Bled and Booker are better than him), no nothing. It's like his general IQ went from 120 to 80 plus he forgot how to play basketball meanwhile- against subs instead of starters... How is that even possible? Not hating just honestly dont know how this happened? I've been following the league since 90 and I can't really recall anything like this. Let me know if you do

in two years.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#289 » by nevetsov » Thu Feb 23, 2017 2:26 am

He basically pulled a reverse Goran.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#290 » by gaspar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:50 am

nevetsov wrote:He basically pulled a reverse Goran.

He's still better than Dragic at the same age.
GotEm
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#291 » by GotEm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:35 am

gaspar wrote:

Not really, Dragic in his first season back in Phoenix was better than Knight was. Even in Houston, Dragic was better than Knight.

Knight's shooting below 40% from the field and Dragic hasn't shot below 40% from the field since his rookie season.
GotEm
Sophomore
And1: 109

Post#292 » by GotEm » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:37 am

Even when he was having his near All Star season, he was awful.

This is why stats can be overrated if used by itself.

Bucks fans hated Knight that same season he had All Star consideration and there were reportedly celebrations and parties in many Milwaukee bars that day he got traded. They knew he would suck for whatever other team he went to. Unfortunately for them, they didn't take the LAL pick and instead took MCW.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#293 » by gaspar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:49 am

GotEm wrote:
gaspar wrote:

Not really, Dragic in his first season back in Phoenix was better than Knight was. Even in Houston, Dragic was better than Knight.

Knight's shooting below 40% from the field and Dragic hasn't shot below 40% from the field since his rookie season.

The season he got traded to Houston Dragic was worse than Knight this season. Goran couldn't make a jumpsot to save his life or bring the ball upcourt without turning it over. He was on the brink of losing his spot in the Suns rotation to Zabian Dowdell, for God's sake.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#294 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:00 pm

gaspar wrote:

No.
No way. He was behind Steve Nash here but he was trying at least on defense... and at Houston he was great. That season he played better than Knight this season, it is not even close.

Knight does not play basketball. He just wants to go right with the ball and make a lay up with three guys around him. And he wants to make exactly the same play every second that he is on the court. It is horrible to watch.
On defense he is a chair.

His IQ is on Shannon Brown level. Even Michael Beasley was better.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer

Post#295 » by gaspar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:23 pm

Saberestar wrote:
gaspar wrote:

No.
No way. He was behind Steve Nash here but he was trying at least on defense... and at Houston he was great. That season he played better than Knight this season, it is not even close.

Knight does not play basketball. He just wants to go right with the ball and make a lay up with three guys around him. And he wants to make exactly the same play every second that he is on the court. It is horrible to watch.

Your memory needs some refreshing because Dragic was absolutely horrible before he was traded to Houston. We were losing double-digit leads every time he touched the court. He was as much unplayable as Knight is this season.

2010/11 Suns:
Goran on court: 99.0 OffRtg, 108.9 DefRtg, -9.8 NetRtg
Goran off court: 111.9 OffRtg, 106.7 DefRtg, +5.2 NetRtg
On/off: -15.0 NetRtg (Childress was 2nd worst at -4.6 NetRtg)

2016/17 Suns:
Knight on court 98.8 Off, 110.9 DefRtg, -12.1 NetRtg
Knight off court 107.7 OffRtg, 107.7 DefRtg, 0.0 NetRtg
On/off: -12.1 NetRtg (Len is 2nd worst at -10.1 NetRtg)
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,815

Post#296 » by Saberestar » Thu Feb 23, 2017 3:56 pm

gaspar wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
gaspar wrote:He's still better than Dragic at the same age.

No.

Your memory needs some refreshing because Dragic was absolutely horrible before he was traded to Houston. We were losing double-digit leads every time he touched the court. He was as much unplayable as Knight is this season.

2010/11 Suns:
Goran on court: 99.0 OffRtg, 108.9 DefRtg, -9.8 NetRtg
Goran off court: 111.9 OffRtg, 106.7 DefRtg, +5.2 NetRtg
On/off: -15.0 NetRtg (Childress was 2nd worst at -4.6 NetRtg)

2016/17 Suns:
Knight on court 98.8 Off, 110.9 DefRtg, -12.1 NetRtg
Knight off court 107.7 OffRtg, 107.7 DefRtg, 0.0 NetRtg
On/off: -12.1 NetRtg (Len is 2nd worst at -10.1 NetRtg)

Yeah, I agree about Dragic playing bad this season for us.

But the big difference is that he was not earning $14M per year (he was on a rookie contract) and he was only in his third season in the league, showing progress in the second season.

How many years has been Knight in the league already? Six! seasons, and he has had a ton of opportunities on three different teams.

Dragic had potential, we did not see him like an starting player on this league at that moment in 2011. We have seen Knight enough and he does not deserve his contract.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,452

Post#297 » by bwgood77 » Tue Feb 28, 2017 5:46 pm

Read on Twitter
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#298 » by LukasBMW » Wed Mar 1, 2017 12:34 am