ImageImageImage

OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,089

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Tech, Gaming 

Post#501 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Aug 2, 2017 4:50 am

I would highly recommend Westworld on HBO....

That show is **** amazing.

You can get a free month of hbonow too if you have amazon prime or hulu or some other platforms....

And a month is enough time to get through that show since there is one season out atm.

But once you start you will most likely finish it in a few days anyways.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,483

Post#502 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:32 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:I would highly recommend Westworld on HBO....

You can get a free month of hbonow too if you have amazon prime or hulu or some other platforms....

And a month is enough time to get through that show since there is one season out atm.

Funny you mention. I went to visit my mom last weekend and she has HBO and I watched the first two episode of Westworld and it was very intriguing. I have been planning on doing HBONOW but figured I'd wait to do the free month after Game of Thrones is like 7 episodes in and then knock out Westworld, Game of Thrones and the last two seasons of Silicon Valley. Though I might just keep HBO after that considering I just switched to Google Fiber...their free service that is working perfectly find for streaming. A lot better than what Spectrum increased the cost to.

But yeah, Westworld is up next...unless I wait a bit to start the free month of HBONOW. I have a huge list of shows and this forum kills my viewing time lately...not only the Suns forum but I get reports all over the entire forums I have to handle. We don't have any here, but you'd be surprised how heated other forums get.

But I just need to shut it off and watch a few episodes every night.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#503 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:41 am

bwgood77 wrote:

Funny you mention. I went to visit my mom last weekend and she has HBO and I watched the first two episode of Westworld and it was very intriguing. I have been planning on doing HBONOW but figured I'd wait to do the free month after Game of Thrones is like 7 episodes in and then knock out Westworld, Game of Thrones and the last two seasons of Silicon Valley. Though I might just keep HBO after that considering I just switched to Google Fiber...their free service that is working perfectly find for streaming. A lot better than what Spectrum increased the cost to.

But yeah, Westworld is up next...unless I wait a bit to start the free month of HBONOW. I have a huge list of shows and this forum kills my viewing time lately...not only the Suns forum but I get reports all over the entire forums I have to handle. We don't have any here, but you'd be surprised how heated other forums get.

That makes sense to wait for the free month so you can watch everything when you get it....I couldn't wait for GOT though so I had to get. And the internet loves to spoil everything so I decided to watch the episodes when they came out.

But yeah I got hbonow for GOT...And was like now that I have this I might as well check out westworld too and was blown away.

Hopefully you get time to check everything out!

And yeah the Suns board is pretty chill. I tend to try to stay clear of the general board... There you have every fan base shouting at each other lol.

Some guy said this the other night, "The Suns have been irrelevant and will continue to be irrelevant with the same core they have. Its flawed. And the idea of maintaining this rebuild just because Jackson is involved is baffling. We aren't talking about a Lonzo Ball or Fultz. But Josh Jackson. A rookie with zero NBA experience who may or may not amount to much beyond being a serviceable wing."

I had to make a comment because of how silly it was but kept it mild and left.

I mean how do you say Jackson is a rookie with no NBA experience and then say hes not like Ball or Fultz... It baffles me.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#504 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 5:54 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

That makes sense to wait for the free month so you can watch everything when you get it....I couldn't wait for GOT though so I had to get. And the internet loves to spoil everything so I decided to watch the episodes when they came out.

But yeah I got hbonow for GOT...And was like now that I have this I might as well check out westworld too and was blown away.

And yeah the Suns board is pretty chill. I tend to try to stay clear of the general board... There you have every fan base shouting at each other lol.

Some guy said this the other night, "The Suns have been irrelevant and will continue to be irrelevant with the same core they have. Its flawed. And the idea of maintaining this rebuild just because Jackson is involved is baffling. We aren't talking about a Lonzo Ball or Fultz. But Josh Jackson. A rookie with zero NBA experience who may or may not amount to much beyond being a serviceable wing."

I mean how do you say Jackson is a rookie with no NBA experience and then say hes not like Ball or Fultz... It baffles me.

Yes, I find it interesting to read that General Board thread on Kyrie trade discussion, and have participated a bit, but you will definitely find all sorts of opinions. It's understandable people don't know Warren or Chriss or Bender and solely look at stats and make decisions because they don't watch our team, just like I don't often watch their's, so if I respond I just give my opinions without telling them they don't know what they are talking about, etc, which many there like to say. It's a tougher board to moderate, and there is no way I want to read every post in every thread.

Back to the topic...yes, I am as excited for Westworld as I am for GoT, and I need to catch up on Silicon Valley..don't usually watch comedies but that one has so many hilarious characters it's a must watch.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#505 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Aug 2, 2017 6:01 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yes, I find it interesting to read that General Board thread on Kyrie trade discussion, and have participated a bit, but you will definitely find all sorts of opinions. It's understandable people don't know Warren or Chriss or Bender and solely look at stats and make decisions because they don't watch our team, just like I don't often watch their's, so if I respond I just give my opinions without telling them they don't know what they are talking about, etc, which many there like to say. It's a tougher board to moderate, and there is no way I want to read every post in every thread.

Back to the topic...yes, I am as excited for Westworld as I am for GoT, and I need to catch up on Silicon Valley..don't usually watch comedies but that one has so many hilarious characters it's a must watch.

Yeah I watched the first season of Silicon valley on Dvd a long time ago and loved it...But didn't have hbo until now so after GOT I watched the rest of silicon valley and then watched westworld.

Silicon Valley is definitely one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Its hard to not just binge watch it either because there are so many ups and downs and cliff hangers....
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,183

Post#506 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:No need for this sort of back and forth or calling people names. Lets get back on topic.

I saw The Big Sick...great movie...highly recommend. Also saw Dunkirk, which was very good.

Currently watching Ozark. Pretty entertaining show.

I Kumail Nanjiani is one of the best things about Silicon Valley, so The Big Sick is definitely on my list to see. I thought that Dunkirk was Nolan's best, with the qualifier that I haven't watched Inception and The Prestige in a long time.

As for Television, I've only really been watching Preacher and Game of Thrones, though I've fallen behind on Preacher.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Re: RE: Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Tech, Gaming 

Post#507 » by sunsbum » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:31 am

carey wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
carey wrote:Please don't spread Pizzagate b.s. around here unless using green font. Both of these guys struggled with depression and it isn't cool to use their deaths to advance an agenda.

Who the **** do you think you are? I'll talk about whatever I want to talk about. If people don't want take apart of the conversation then that's up to them.

I'm a human being capable of rational thought and not a brainwashed **** lunatic. You should try being one sometime.

Look how offended you are that someone has a different view of things you do and to top it all off you call them a brainwashed lunatic. I doubt you'd see the irony of that from reading your posts the last 10 years.
Flex is now your father.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: RE: Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Tech, Gaming 

Post#508 » by batsmasher » Wed Aug 2, 2017 7:40 am

sunsbum wrote:Look how offended you are that someone has a different view of things you do and to top it all off you call them a brainwashed lunatic. I doubt you'd see the irony of that from reading your posts the last 10 years.

This is a media thread. bw asked you to stop nicely.

MrMiyagi wrote:I Kumail Nanjiani is one of the best things about Silicon Valley, so The Big Sick is definitely on my list to see.

Kumail seems to be one of the best things in anything he's in. He's got the funny gene.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#509 » by sunsbum » Wed Aug 2, 2017 10:42 pm

I'm sorry I didn't realize Chester and Chris weren't under the scope of music, media and OT. Can you guys make a list of exactly what we can and can't talk about?
Flex is now your father.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#510 » by bwgood77 » Wed Aug 2, 2017 11:08 pm

sunsbum wrote:I'm sorry I didn't realize Chester and Chris weren't under the scope of music, media and OT. Can you guys make a list of exactly what we can and can't talk about?

The list is in the thread title. My post was more about not getting into unnecessary back and forths and was right after a personal attack so things didn't escalate. The two posts prior to mine had nothing to do with Media.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#511 » by batsmasher » Thu Aug 3, 2017 5:48 am

sunsbum wrote:I'm sorry I didn't realize Chester and Chris weren't under the scope of music, media and OT. Can you guys make a list of exactly what we can and can't talk about?

- Movies
- TV
- Music
- Tech
- Gaming

Here's a not list if it helps:
- Iguanas
- Pedophile rings
- Underwear
- Mini-golf
- Conspiracy theories
- Circus animals
- Boeing 757s
- Everything else
DRK
RealGM
And1: 3,590

Post#512 » by DRK » Thu Aug 3, 2017 9:19 am

Im a fan of Air Crash Investigations. Love that doco and the forensic engineering behind it.

FWIW Boeing 757 is a very reliable airplane.
MrMiyagi wrote:Lob to DA for the win
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#513 » by batsmasher » Thu Aug 3, 2017 10:24 am

DRK wrote:Im a fan of Air Crash Investigations. Love that doco and the forensic engineering behind it.

FWIW Boeing 757 is a very reliable airplane.

Haha, there have been some new eps on the telly and I conveniently seem to be sitting watching when they are on.

Bit of a guilty pleasure- I like it because very few crashes are similar. Every plane deals with the same circumstances in a different way too. And the overacting. Can't get enough of the overacting.

Speaking of docos- I only watched this recently. Really old and really morbid. Not something you watch over dinner. Fly on the wall doco about everyone in the coroner's office. Opens your eyes to a world you've probably never thought about. Released 2003.

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#514 » by King4Day » Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:11 pm

Just reading about how LeBron flew out to NY to play pickup bball with Melo, KD, and others. Imagine having that kind of money where you can jump on a plane to play 2 hours of ball and then fly right home?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#515 » by TASTIC » Thu Aug 17, 2017 12:38 am

DarkHawk wrote:Just reading about how LeBron flew out to NY to play pickup bball with Melo, KD, and others. Imagine having that kind of money where you can jump on a plane to play 2 hours of ball and then fly right home?

Well if you can't ball, you just need to make it big in Movies, TV, Music, Tech or Gaming.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#516 » by bwgood77 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:29 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Yeah I watched the first season of Silicon valley on Dvd a long time ago and loved it...But didn't have hbo until now so after GOT I watched the rest of silicon valley and then watched westworld.

Silicon Valley is definitely one of the funniest shows I have ever seen. Its hard to not just binge watch it either because there are so many ups and downs and cliff hangers....

I did finish Westworld. Definitely good stuff. Game of Thrones is unbelievably good right now. I'm two seasons behind on Silicon Valley but will catch up with that too. The Leftovers I still have the final season to watch as well.

At the theater I saw Atomic Blonde today. If you're in the mood for an action/spy thriller movie, it's a good time, and if you know 80s music and like it, it's even more fun. It's basically Mission Impossible/Bourne Identity movies with more action and a hot female lead. Of course some of the fight scenes last far longer than any human is capable of taking than in real life, but you get that with any of these movies.
MrMiyagi

Post#517 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:09 am

Wind River is an excellent film.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach

Post#518 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:Yeah I watched the first season of Silicon valley on Dvd a long time ago and loved it...But didn't have hbo until now so after GOT I watched the rest of silicon valley and then watched westworld.

I did finish Westworld. Definitely good stuff. Game of Thrones is unbelievably good right now. I'm two seasons behind on Silicon Valley but will catch up with that too. The Leftovers I still have the final season to watch as well.

At the theater I saw Atomic Blonde today. If you're in the mood for an action/spy thriller movie, it's a good time, and if you know 80s music and like it, it's even more fun. It's basically Mission Impossible/Bourne Identity movies with more action and a hot female lead. Of course some of the fight scenes last far longer than any human is capable of taking than in real life, but you get that with any of these movies.

Todays episode of GOT.....

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
MrMiyagi

Post#519 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:25 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I KNOW :eek2: :eek1: :no:
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#520 » by ATTL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:51 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I KNOW :eek2: :eek1: :no:

It was a fun game too

Return to Phoenix Suns