OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,680

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Tech, Gaming 

Post#401 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:40 pm

Westworld takes a little getting into but man, it's good. It's a much bigger scale but it has that True Detectives feel in that the audience is along for the investigative ride.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,231

Post#402 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:28 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Westworld takes a little getting into but man, it's good. It's a much bigger scale but it has that True Detectives feel in that the audience is along for the investigative ride.

I'm absolutely loving it. After it finishes up, all my appointment viewing television shows are done and I'll have to explore some of the streaming shows on Amazon and Netflix.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MrMiyagi

Post#403 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:31 pm

Finally got a PS4. I think I'm going to stick to coming late to video game consoles/games. It's nice to not have to pay a premium for new games.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#404 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:56 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Finally got a PS4. I think I'm going to stick to coming late to video game consoles/games. It's nice to not have to pay a premium for new games.

I bought a Ps4 back in July this year and I've only bought preowned games so far. When I had the PS3 back in the day, I'd pay a premium for new releases but as I have less time for games now, I don't mind waiting for the price of games to come down. I only just picked up Uncharted 4 after playing through a preowned copy of the remastered Uncharted 1-3.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#405 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:57 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Westworld takes a little getting into but man, it's good. It's a much bigger scale but it has that True Detectives feel in that the audience is along for the investigative ride.

I'm absolutely loving it. After it finishes up, all my appointment viewing television shows are done and I'll have to explore some of the streaming shows on Amazon and Netflix.

Yeah I haven't done so much research on theories since Making a Murderer. Love it
MrMiyagi

Post#406 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:01 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Yeah I haven't done so much research on theories since Making a Murderer. Love it

I'm the opposite, I haven't read anything about Westworld. I like to steer clear from theories. I know True Detective season 1 had a lot and some people were disappointed with its finale. Not me man, saw it with fresh eyes and enjoyed every minute. Same for Westworld. I find a lot of people fall in love with what they think a show is about instead of what it's actually about.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#407 » by lilfishi22 » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:09 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:I'm absolutely loving it. After it finishes up, all my appointment viewing television shows are done and I'll have to explore some of the streaming shows on Amazon and Netflix.

I'm the opposite, I haven't read anything about Westworld. I like to steer clear from theories. I know True Detective season 1 had a lot and some people were disappointed with its finale. Not me man, saw it with fresh eyes and enjoyed every minute. Same for Westworld. I find a lot of people fall in love with what they think a show is about instead of what it's actually about.

For me, I just want to understand the world better and honestly, I miss a lot of small things here and there during my viewing. I thought it was weird but I didn't take notice of the time difference.
MrMiyagi

Post#408 » by MrMiyagi » Sat Dec 3, 2016 5:27 am

Anyone got any PS4 game suggestions that aren't online FPS (like Overwatch and Battlefield 1) or Remastered PS3 games (like Skyrim and The Last of Us)? Currently got Uncharted 4, Shadow of Mordor, and Bloodborne with The Witcher 3 is arriving tomorrow. Arkham Knight and Dark Souls 3 are on my list, but looking for more suggestions.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#409 » by ATTL » Sat Dec 3, 2016 8:38 am

If you like RPGs ffxv just came out. I'll probably buy it soon so I'll let you know what I think. Fallout 4 was pretty fun until I got a sword and upgraded it to the point where I 1-shot everything in my path.

Witcher 3 should last you awhile, fun game.
LacosteM
Suns Forum Rookie of the Year
And1: 366

Post#410 » by LacosteM » Sat Dec 3, 2016 9:00 am

Early 2017 will be TV paradise for me. First a new IASIP season and than the Twin Peaks revival after 25 years. I better start with rewatching the first 2 seasons and finishing all the TP literature.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,676

Post#411 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:19 am

Just listened to the lowe post pod with boris Diaw. Really good interview. Boris is such a unique dude they really need to write a book about him.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,861

Post#412 » by Saberestar » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:28 pm

The Young Pope is an interesting one.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,524

Post#413 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:01 am

Saberestar wrote:The Young Pope is an interesting one.

I've heard that is really interesting.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,524

Post#414 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:02 am

carey wrote: there are so many good Tv shows to watch. I seriously have a back log of 40 episodes of Tv to catch up on over Christmas break. I haven't even seen the 2nd half of the Westworld season.

I hear you. I have a ton of stuff I want to watch. A huge list. And it just seems like more and more interesting shows come out.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Re: Game 26: San Antonio Spurs (20-5) @ Phoenix Suns (8-17) 

Post#415 » by ATTL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 2:43 am

Pureflix.com looks fun.
MrMiyagi

Post#416 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:48 am

Just finished Until Dawn (PS4 horror game). Absolutely loved it. Got it for $8.50 on the PSN a few days ago. Definitely going to give it another play through to see if I can navigate the story for a better outcome.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#417 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:07 am

I just got Uncharted 4 for $30 AUD! I think it's money well spent
MrMiyagi

Post#418 » by MrMiyagi » Fri Dec 16, 2016 7:05 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:I just got Uncharted 4 for $30 AUD! I think it's money well spent

Really enjoyed that game.
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 14,009

Post#419 » by grumpysaddle » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:23 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:Finally got a PS4. I think I'm going to stick to coming late to video game consoles/games. It's nice to not have to pay a premium for new games.

Preorder new games on Amazon Prime are $48
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#420 » by carey » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:41 pm

Anyone hear of The OA on Netflix? Just premiered today. Not sure if anyone here is into indie cinema but it is by the same team that made The Sound of My Voice and The East which are 2 great movies. I'm only 2 episodes in. It is very bizarre.

Return to Phoenix Suns