OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,456

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Tech, Gaming 

Post#421 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:10 pm

carey wrote:Anyone hear of The OA on Netflix? Just premiered today. Not sure if anyone here is into indie cinema but it is by the same team that made The Sound of My Voice and The East which are 2 great movies. I'm only 2 episodes in. It is very bizarre.

I got an email about it today. I think I noticed it a while back and looked at the imdb page. Sounds interesting. I saw Rogue One today and it was entertaining.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Post#422 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:24 am

grumpysaddle wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Finally got a PS4. I think I'm going to stick to coming late to video game consoles/games. It's nice to not have to pay a premium for new games.

Preorder new games on Amazon Prime are $48

Yeah, I know that, but there are a lot of games I can catch up on that I don't feel the need to buy new. Not to mention the number of Ultimate, Complete, Premium, GOTY Editions of games that get released with DLC for cheaper than $48. I got Witcher 3 Complete Edition for $30. Since I tend not to play online competitive games where the online community tends to fall off a while after launch, there's really no need to buy new. Plus, I won't suffer the disappointments like Star Wars: Battlefront and No Man's Sky at a premium price. FFXV and The Last Guardian are two new games I'd like to get, but I can wait and play Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Bloodborne until the prices drop on them.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
grumpysaddle
RealGM
And1: 13,933

Post#423 » by grumpysaddle » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:47 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
grumpysaddle wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Finally got a PS4. I think I'm going to stick to coming late to video game consoles/games. It's nice to not have to pay a premium for new games.

Preorder new games on Amazon Prime are $48

Yeah, I know that, but there are a lot of games I can catch up on that I don't feel the need to buy new. Not to mention the number of Ultimate, Complete, Premium, GOTY Editions of games that get released with DLC for cheaper than $48. I got Witcher 3 Complete Edition for $30. Since I tend not to play online competitive games where the online community tends to fall off a while after launch, there's really no need to buy new. Plus, I won't suffer the disappointments like Star Wars: Battlefront and No Man's Sky at a premium price. FFXV and The Last Guardian are two new games I'd like to get, but I can wait and play Witcher 3, Shadow of Mordor, Batman: Arkham Knight, and Bloodborne until the prices drop on them.

I'm the same way. Didn't get my PS4 until may or so. Been stockpiling older games. Currently playing through Rise of the Tomb Raider, which was half off and only came out on PS4 in October
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#424 » by sunskerr » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:00 pm

How is the lineup of games for the PS4? I was thinking of getting back into consoles but I just never got around to getting one because my laptop is pretty good and to be honest the games at release just didn't appeal to me. However, I rediscovered my passion for Halo after joining an online community and playing Halo: Online (a cracked version of Halo) and Halo 5: Forge (the free multiplayer version for PC). I don't want to spend a bunch of cash if I'm only going to play that one game and I figure the PS4 has better games. That being said though I really, really like Halo and if I were living in the states I would put more time/resources in it to try to break into the pro scene.
MrMiyagi

Post#425 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:21 pm

sunskerr wrote:How is the lineup of games for the PS4? I was thinking of getting back into consoles but I just never got around to getting one because my laptop is pretty good and to be honest the games at release just didn't appeal to me. However, I rediscovered my passion for Halo after joining an online community and playing Halo: Online (a cracked version of Halo) and Halo 5: Forge (the free multiplayer version for PC). I don't want to spend a bunch of cash if I'm only going to play that one game and I figure the PS4 has better games. That being said though I really, really like Halo and if I were living in the states I would put more time/resources in it to try to break into the pro scene.

Here's a list of exclusives for PS4 and XBOne last updated one month ago:
http://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_Games_vs_Xbox_One_Games
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#426 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:49 am

Just watched first episode of this....intriguing.

MrMiyagi

Post#427 » by MrMiyagi » Sun Jan 8, 2017 6:07 am

carey wrote:Anyone hear of The OA on Netflix? Just premiered today. Not sure if anyone here is into indie cinema but it is by the same team that made The Sound of My Voice and The East which are 2 great movies. I'm only 2 episodes in. It is very bizarre.

Watched the first episode... Gonna pass on this one. That first episode was confusing and I don't really care to find out who or what she is.

Also watched the first episode of Medici: Masters of Florence and that was also underwhelming. It was more coherent than The OA's first episode, but it was clumsy and on the boring side.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#428 » by carey » Sun Jan 8, 2017 3:55 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
Watched the first episode... Gonna pass on this one. That first episode was confusing and I don't really care to find out who or what she is.

Also watched the first episode of Medici: Masters of Florence and that was also underwhelming. It was more coherent than The OA's first episode, but it was clumsy and on the boring side.

Good call. I watched all of it in one day and the mystery was amazing until the final scene of the final episode which rendered the entire effort laughable. :(
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#429 » by gaspar » Sun Jan 8, 2017 5:00 pm

"This Is Us" is a really good TV series.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#430 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 11:28 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

Well damn, those two were on my list. Particularly Medici with the banking dynasty. Thought about starting OA last night. A couple of people in the Media Lounge seem to like it. I also will probably watch 3%.

I did finish Travelers, and I really enjoyed that. A lot of good characters. The leader of the unit is kind of the typical type of guy who plays that role, but all the other characters on the team are good, as well as some of the other characters that end up playing a part in the show. Really looking forward to season 2.

Netflix has SO many series and movies. I watched two of their original movies over the weekend. ARQ was a time loop movie. It was pretty entertaining. I like stuff like this, though
Spoiler:
it probably could have ended better
. Then I watched Spectral. Not as good, but if you just want something fairly entertaining, and like action, it's probably worth a watch.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#431 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 11:30 pm

gaspar wrote:"This Is Us" is a really good TV series.

I've been wanting to watch this. I like the cast and even came across a mid season episode and for whatever reason ended up watching it (even though I probably shouldn't have as it will somewhat spoil something).
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#432 » by carey » Sun Jan 8, 2017 11:35 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Netflix has SO many series and movies. I watched two of their original movies over the weekend. ARQ was a time loop movie. It was pretty entertaining. I like stuff like this, though
Spoiler:
. Then I watched Spectral. Not as good, but if you just want something fairly entertaining, and like action, it's probably worth a watch.

ARQ was o.k. They probably made that thing for $10. I liked the ending. It reminded me a lot of "Triangle" with Melissa George, which if you have not seen I highly recommend.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#433 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 8, 2017 11:41 pm

carey wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Netflix has SO many series and movies. I watched two of their original movies over the weekend. ARQ was a time loop movie. It was pretty entertaining. I like stuff like this, though
Spoiler:

ARQ was o.k. They probably made that thing for $10. I liked the ending. It reminded me a lot of "Triangle" with Melissa George, which if you have not seen I highly recommend.

Was Triangle the one on the boat? I saw it. It was certainly interesting as well. I like Melissa George too. I really liked Hunted.

ARQ reminded me of a 13 episode series called Day Break, which I enjoyed. It was much much better. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0801425/?ref_=nv_sr_1
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#434 » by wheezy » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:12 am

Just watched a movie called The Autopsy of Jane Doe. Had no idea what it was going to be about going into it and was pleasantly surprised!
MrMiyagi

Post#435 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Jan 9, 2017 12:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Well damn, those two were on my list. Particularly Medici with the banking dynasty. Thought about starting OA last night. A couple of people in the Media Lounge seem to like it. I also will probably watch 3%.

I did finish Travelers, and I really enjoyed that. A lot of good characters. The leader of the unit is kind of the typical type of guy who plays that role, but all the other characters on the team are good, as well as some of the other characters that end up playing a part in the show. Really looking forward to season 2.

Netflix has SO many series and movies. I watched two of their original movies over the weekend. ARQ was a time loop movie. It was pretty entertaining. I like stuff like this, though
Spoiler:

I'm still planning on watching Medici, because it's got potential, but that first episode was rough. I stand by my assessment of The OA.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#436 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 9, 2017 1:32 am

Anyone interested in this? viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1505632
MrMiyagi

Post#437 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Jan 9, 2017 2:21 am

bwgood77 wrote:Anyone interested in this? viewtopic.php?f=68&t=1505632

Seems kind of interesting. Let me look into it more and I'll let you know
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#438 » by batsmasher » Tue Jan 10, 2017 1:20 am

Read on Twitter

tj is such a wildcard, I love him.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
sunskerr