ImageImageImage

OT - Media - Movies, TV, Youtube, Vine, Music, Books, Gaming

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,170

Re: OT - Media - Movies, TV, Music, Books, Gaming 

Post#661 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:28 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Watched Bandersnatch. Pretty much went through all the endings. It was fun concept and I think there is something there but right now it's still not interactive enough for it to be that exciting. But I'm not sure if I want it to be interactive

Question I have is, at what point does interactivity turn a film into a video game where every action is controlled ?

One of my favorite video games is Until Dawn which is essentially a playable horror film. I'm looking forward to watching Bandersnatch to see how that experiment went. The lines between Film and Video Game are definitely going to start getting blurred a whole lot more in the coming years and should yield some interesting results, both good and bad.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#662 » by NTB » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:02 am

I didn't enjoy Bandersnatch that much. It felt like they've just tried to experiment the interactive concept and dd not focus on the story.
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#663 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 1:39 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Watched Bandersnatch. Pretty much went through all the endings. It was fun concept and I think there is something there but right now it's still not interactive enough for it to be that exciting. But I'm not sure if I want it to be interactive

Question I have is, at what point does interactivity turn a film into a video game where every action is controlled ?

One of my favorite video games is Until Dawn which is essentially a playable horror film. I'm looking forward to watching Bandersnatch to see how that experiment went. The lines between Film and Video Game are definitely going to start getting blurred a whole lot more in the coming years and should yield some interesting results, both good and bad.

That reminds me of Alan Wake and Max Payne before that
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#664 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Dec 31, 2018 4:24 pm

I got about half way before my 2 month got up and refused to go back to sleep. I think it's a cool concept that I hope they continue to explore but I definitely wouldn't want to do the interactive thing too often. Nice little change of pace that I'd probably do a couple times a year.

I did watch bird box. I'm not much of a horror movie guy and some plot points have holes but overall I think was a good watch.

Also rocked through narcos Mexico over the break and thought it was the best season of the series.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#665 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:14 pm

Watched Birdbox too. If a Quiet Place didn't exist, I think it would've been decent but a Quiet Place just did the tension, pacing, character development, storyline and ending a lot better imo

I hate to compare the two but it is what it is
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#666 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:32 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:Watched Birdbox too. If a Quiet Place didn't exist, I think it would've been decent but a Quiet Place just did the tension, pacing, character development, storyline and ending a lot better imo

I hate to compare the two but it is what it is

Yeah, some have said it's a rip off of A Quiet Place, but the book was actually written before A Quiet Place was made, so it certainly wasn't a rip off.

That being said, I like A Quiet Place a lot better too...the tension was great and Emily Blunt was fantastic. But there were some great characters in Bird Box. Putting myself in their shoes though, I think it would be scarier to live in the Bird Box scenario...I can't imagine having to wear a blindfold and not see anything...not even sure I could do it. Be a hell of a lot easier to be quiet.
Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Post#667 » by Mischa » Tue Jan 1, 2019 1:01 am

Have you guys decided on ringing in the New Year at a party tonite? I thought about checking out Grand Park in downtown LA but the insane crowd and parking situation has me wanting to just enjoy a low key evening at home.

I started watching Escape at Dannemora on Showtime last night, also began watching the Romanoffs on Amazon today.
Going hard with a new lease on life!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#668 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jan 1, 2019 1:23 am

Mischa wrote:Have you guys decided on ringing in the New Year at a party tonite? I thought about checking out Grand Park in downtown LA but the insane crowd and parking situation has me wanting to just enjoy a low key evening at home.

I started watching Escape at Dannemora on Showtime last night, also began watching the Romanoffs on Amazon today.

No parties for me...just the Suns...almost got some drinks but figured I'd just do without them...I want to watch Escape at Dannemora but figured I'd start when it was near the end. Heard so so things about the Romanoffs...a lot of good actors in it but it just seems like a bunch of unrelated episodes which is harder for me to get into..unless it's Black Mirror.
Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Post#669 » by Mischa » Tue Jan 1, 2019 1:29 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Mischa wrote:Have you guys decided on ringing in the New Year at a party tonite? I thought about checking out Grand Park in downtown LA but the insane crowd and parking situation has me wanting to just enjoy a low key evening at home.

No parties for me...just the Suns...almost got some drinks but figured I'd just do without them...I want to watch Escape at Dannemora but figured I'd start when it was near the end. Heard so so things about the Romanoffs...a lot of good actors in it but it just seems like a bunch of unrelated episodes which is harder for me to get into..unless it's Black Mirror.

My closest girlfriends are all staying in. We did not make plans ahead of time, for we all hate huge crowds.

I agree that watching a series when it is nearly finished and binge is the best way to watch a show.

I only qatched the first episode 9f Romanoffs, I loved Mad Men and couldn't pass the teaser..will let you know if i make it to the last episode.

I still kinda want to go to Grand Park for NYE LA but they are projecting 50,000 people to turn up..so big chance i chicken out.

But i just put my bottle of champagne in the fridge just in case i want to drink the bubbly at midnight.
Going hard with a new lease on life!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Post#670 » by King4Day » Wed Jan 2, 2019 1:30 pm

Just came to vent about how much I hate reddit. They post total nonsense and make the Suns reddit unreadable. If 90% of those threads were created here, they would be deleted.
The only thing it's good for is instant updates anytime there is news. The rest is just a hazy mess of children posting unreadable nonsense.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#671 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 7, 2019 4:20 am

Wow, Bohemian Rhapsody won Best Picture - Drama at the Golden Globes...I really liked it, but that's pretty shocking based on predictions. Also Rami Malek won Best Actor.
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,088

Post#672 » by SlovenianDragon » Mon Jan 7, 2019 12:18 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Wow, Bohemian Rhapsody won Best Picture - Drama at the Golden Globes...I really liked it, but that's pretty shocking based on predictions. Also Rami Malek won Best Actor.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#673 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 16, 2019 3:02 am

I'm watching a new show on Netflix called "When Heroes Fly" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8220344/?ref_=tt_urv

It's good...I kept wanting to watch one more episode last night and stayed up way too late...probably try and finish tonight...it will get my mind off the game quickly.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#674 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:12 am

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#675 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:25 am

GoT is a great show and although I wouldn't come close to a super fan, it's a bit sad to see the series ending and ending on a short season.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#676 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:48 am

lilfishi22 wrote:GoT is a great show and although I wouldn't come close to a super fan, it's a bit sad to see the series ending and ending on a short season.

I don't know if it's really THAT much shorter. Although there are only 6 episodes, apparently they are all longer than the near 80 minute final episode of season 7.

Also, the producers originally wanted to do like a trilogy in theaters for the final season....but they ended up giving them a $15 million per episode budget.

Previous episodes cost around $10 million.

Apparently the battle scenes are as epic as some of the best movie scenes.

I doubt it will be too disappointing, except for the fact I imagine some of people's favorite characters will die and maybe it will be a bitter sweet ending, but who knows?
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,379

Post#677 » by sunskerr » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:36 am

iirc the episodes in the last season will all be like tv movies.

As for the story, I absolutely loved seasons 1-4. I thought the show started losing its "amazing" status when it moved its thinking man characters like Tyrion, Littlefinger and Varys more to the sideline - characters like that who were actually playing the "game of thrones" with backstabbing and politicking - in favour of simplifying the plot for a broader audience.

That being said, it's still a really great show and I can't wait for the finale.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,410

Post#678 » by Revived » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:54 am

bwgood77 wrote:I'm watching a new show on Netflix called "When Heroes Fly" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8220344/?ref_=tt_urv

It's good...I kept wanting to watch one more episode last night and stayed up way too late...probably try and finish tonight...it will get my mind off the game quickly.

Is it a romanctic show? The description for it almost makes it seem like it but I see the genres listed for it on imbd are action/drama.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#679 » by bwgood77 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:15 pm

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I'm watching a new show on Netflix called "When Heroes Fly" https://www.imdb.com/title/tt8220344/?ref_=tt_urv

Is it a romanctic show? The description for it almost makes it seem like it but I see the genres listed for it on imbd are action/drama.

I definitely wouldn't call it a romantic show, even though it shows some details/flashbacks of the guy and the girl they are looking for, kind of detailing why and how she ended up missing.
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#680 » by sunsbum » Thu Jan 17, 2019 4:47 pm

Popping in to say i just accidently watched one of the best movies ive seen in a very long time hateful 8.
Flex is now your father.

Return to Phoenix Suns