ImageImageImage

Devin Booker

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

When will Booker hit 8,000 career points?

5th season
56%
6th season
33%
7th season
11%

Total votes: 36

MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: RE: Re: Devin Booker 

Post#1281 » by MathiasPW » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:59 am

ATTL wrote:

I need mode evidence than her saying it was 14". I need a photo with a tape measure or a couple rulers.

I can sense another make-up story in the making....

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Re: Devin Booker 

Post#1282 » by Damkac » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:57 am

So he could fit "R.I.P. Girlfriend" tattoo there? TJ will be jealous. :P
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1283 » by gaspar » Thu Apr 6, 2017 5:05 pm

Spoiler:
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#1284 » by DirtyDez » Thu Apr 6, 2017 5:20 pm

This isn't a good thing. The last thing you want with your franchise player is future back problems.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
TOO
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,310

Post#1285 » by TOO » Thu Apr 6, 2017 5:32 pm

Go Sports!
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#1286 » by NTB » Thu Apr 6, 2017 5:50 pm

:lol:
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#1287 » by NTB » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:00 pm

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2017/04/05/what-does-devin-bookers-future-look-like/100104848/?hootPostID=3dcc664ef6d894be85519b76c14ee8b0

Coach Earl Watson, however, recently made headlines by saying Booker at times reminded him of Houston's James Harden, suggesting the 6-foot-6 guard could have a future at point guard.

Booker's reaction:

"That’s kind of how I played in high school," he said. "I haven’t really thought about it. I’m comfortable with doing it. Whatever Coach wants me to do, I feel like I can do. James is a really special player. I think he started off in a similar situation as me, a scoring two guard. He has the ability to pass. I see similarities."

"It makes him more dangerous," Watson said. "It keeps him in attack mode. Some guys are great at chasing him off down-screens. Some guys are great at defending him at catch-and-shoot, but when he has the ball, it’s another dimension. It gives him versatility to his game with attacking."

In addition, Thompson and Booker have the league's top two scoring games of this season. On March 24, Booker scored a franchise-record 70 in a loss to Boston. On Dec. 5, Thompson scored 60 in a win over the Pacers.

"Both have good size at the two-guard spot," Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. "They can play any perimeter position. They can score from deep but also get to the rim and put it on the floor. Yeah, there's definitely similarities there."

"I was just taught to play the right way," the Kentucky product said. "In college, I didn’t get to really showcase much of (my playmaking skills), but I think they saw it through pre-draft workouts that I could do it."

Watson said Booker's versatility gives the Suns options.

"(Playing the point) gives us great versatility," he said. "He’s also very comfortable at the elbow and in isolation. You saw him hitting the game-winner against Wes Matthews (on March 11) in Dallas. We’ve also seen him score in the post when we need a bucket, so he’s very versatile."
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#1288 » by NTB » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:10 pm

http://i.imgur.com/EkVwzxE.png

I know Booker can't even defend a butterfly but how come he is better than Bledsoe in this graph? Am I reading wrong?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,481

Post#1289 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:19 pm

NTB wrote:http://i.imgur.com/EkVwzxE.png

I know Booker can't even defend a butterfly but how come he is better than Bledsoe in this graph? Am I reading wrong?

No, but that reason is twofold. One, Bledsoe isn't all that great of a defender any more, and two, he is tasked with guarding people like Curry, Westbrook, Lillard, etc. Booker probably ends up with the easiest defensive assignment. Since there are so many good offensive point guards, you will notice a lot of point guards in the lower left quadrant, and most of the centers and good big men defenders in the upper right quadrant, except for Drummond, of course, who is down in the lower left with those point guards.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1290 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:26 pm

NTB wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2017/04/05/what-does-devin-bookers-future-look-like/100104848/?hootPostID=3dcc664ef6d894be85519b76c14ee8b0

Coach Earl Watson, however, recently made headlines by saying Booker at times reminded him of Houston's James Harden, suggesting the 6-foot-6 guard could have a future at point guard.

Booker's reaction:

"That’s kind of how I played in high school," he said. "I haven’t really thought about it. I’m comfortable with doing it. Whatever Coach wants me to do, I feel like I can do. James is a really special player. I think he started off in a similar situation as me, a scoring two guard. He has the ability to pass. I see similarities."

"It makes him more dangerous," Watson said. "It keeps him in attack mode. Some guys are great at chasing him off down-screens. Some guys are great at defending him at catch-and-shoot, but when he has the ball, it’s another dimension. It gives him versatility to his game with attacking."

In addition, Thompson and Booker have the league's top two scoring games of this season. On March 24, Booker scored a franchise-record 70 in a loss to Boston. On Dec. 5, Thompson scored 60 in a win over the Pacers.

"Both have good size at the two-guard spot," Golden State coach Steve Kerr said. "They can play any perimeter position. They can score from deep but also get to the rim and put it on the floor. Yeah, there's definitely similarities there."

"I was just taught to play the right way," the Kentucky product said. "In college, I didn’t get to really showcase much of (my playmaking skills), but I think they saw it through pre-draft workouts that I could do it."

"(Playing the point) gives us great versatility," he said. "He’s also very comfortable at the elbow and in isolation. You saw him hitting the game-winner against Wes Matthews (on March 11) in Dallas. We’ve also seen him score in the post when we need a bucket, so he’s very versatile."

I think Booker would make a good point guard, and then you could maybe have two good wing defenders. But this is another reason I also like Fultz, is because I think him and Booker could both play 1 or 2 and would be a great backcourt duo.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: RE: Re: Devin Booker 

Post#1291 » by MathiasPW » Thu Apr 6, 2017 6:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
NTB wrote:http://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2017/04/05/what-does-devin-bookers-future-look-like/100104848/?hootPostID=3dcc664ef6d894be85519b76c14ee8b0

Booker's reaction:

I think Booker would make a good point guard, and then you could maybe have two good wing defenders. But this is another reason I also like Fultz, is because I think him and Booker could both play 1 or 2 and would be a great backcourt duo.

...offensively

Enviado de meu SM-G935F usando Tapatalk
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#1292 » by ATTL » Thu Apr 6, 2017 7:18 pm

gaspar wrote:
Spoiler:

Thank you so much, I was thinking about doing this myself and laughing while I was at work.

Also, Alex Len in the background describing how big it is.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#1293 » by kennydorglas » Thu Apr 6, 2017 11:59 pm

"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
GeraldsGreenery
Sophomore
And1: 263

Post#1294 » by GeraldsGreenery » Fri Apr 7, 2017 9:37 pm

We need to make a nickname for him based on his dong size
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1295 » by ATTL » Fri Apr 7, 2017 9:51 pm

GeraldsGreenery wrote:

Went from baby face to baby arm.
GeraldsGreenery
Sophomore
And1: 263

Post#1296 » by GeraldsGreenery » Fri Apr 7, 2017 11:53 pm

ATTL wrote:
GeraldsGreenery wrote:
kennydorglas wrote:
:o :o :o

Went from baby face to baby arm.

I'm thinking something simple like "Big Dick Book"
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#1297 » by NTB » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:02 am

GeraldsGreenery wrote:

14 > 23
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1298 » by bwgood77 » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:10 am

I prefer we focus on his basketball play, but that's just me.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1299 » by ATTL » Sat Apr 8, 2017 12:39 am

Damkac wrote:So he could fit "R.I.P. Girlfriend" tattoo there? TJ will be jealous. :P

Giving RIP girlfriend a new meaning too.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1300 » by gaspar » Sat Apr 8, 2017 5:55 am

Read on Twitter

Return to Phoenix Suns