ImageImageImage

Devin Booker

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

When will Booker hit 8,000 career points?

5th season
56%
6th season
33%
7th season
11%

Total votes: 36

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,466

Re: Devin Booker 

Post#1821 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:18 am

JMac1 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Who said that?

a blazer fan

The hate on Booker is incredible on ReaGM which tells me he is pretty darn good. The coaches and players speak highly of him. He dominates games with no supporting cast and is 21. He’d average 2-3 more assists a game if our guys could actually shoot.

He’ll be a top 10 player soon enough.

Was that hate on Booker on RealGM or just a blazer fan living in Portland that sunsbum knows, given that, he lives in Portland?
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,819

Post#1822 » by Saberestar » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:19 am

JMac1 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Who said that?

a blazer fan

The hate on Booker is incredible on ReaGM which tells me he is pretty darn good. The coaches and players speak highly of him. He dominates games with no supporting cast and is 21. He’d average 2-3 more assists a game if our guys could actually shoot.

Yeah, it is crazy.

At one time (probably a month ago) I was trying to explain on the GB why Booker is a better player than Robert **** Covington....and there were a good number of people saying that I was wrong.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1823 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 am

Saberestar wrote:
JMac1 wrote:
sunsbum wrote:a blazer fan

Yeah, it is crazy.

At one time (probably a month ago) I was trying to explain on the GB why Booker is a better player than Robert **** Covington....and there were a good number of people saying that I was wrong.

A lot of people are pretty high on Booker though. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1661657
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,723

Post#1824 » by sunsbum » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:47 am

It's on the blazer board. I held my tongue boys.
Flex is now your father.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#1825 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:52 am

I'm honestly surprised not by the hate (some people are just haters) but how polarising Booker is. KAT is a guy that's almost universally liked even with his poor defense but Booker seems to have a lot of fans split down the middle. I know the 70pt game has divided some fans because they think it was a BS feat while on the other side, fans also see it as being a quite an achievement. He's not controversial from a media standpoint, he's not out in the clubs getting in trouble and he's not snitching on team mates like DLo, yet NBA fans seems so split on him.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#1826 » by Mulhollanddrive » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:50 am

He scored all of our 18 points in the last 5 minutes when the Blazers starters were in and the margin was 8 points.

But I've still read comments that it was junk time.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1827 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:04 am

Yeah we were in it with some decent time left. If the Blazers didn't want to be only up 8 with time left, play better
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1828 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:09 am

lilfishi22 wrote:I'm honestly surprised not by the hate (some people are just haters) but how polarising Booker is. KAT is a guy that's almost universally liked even with his poor defense but Booker seems to have a lot of fans split down the middle. I know the 70pt game has divided some fans because they think it was a BS feat while on the other side, fans also see it as being a quite an achievement. He's not controversial from a media standpoint, he's not out in the clubs getting in trouble and he's not snitching on team mates like DLo, yet NBA fans seems so split on him.

Well, prior to this year he really wasn't even that efficient of a shooter, and his defense was awful, so it's pretty easy to understand why not a lot would have been extremely high on him. Most players that take a ton of shots and don't shoot really good percentages have people that are not fans of that.

This year his offensive efficiency has improved a bit as well as his overall game. But I can imagine not a lot of people who are not Suns fans watch him.

As far as Towns, his game is insane. He's not a negative on defense anymore. All the metrics rate him as a plus defensively, but his offense is another level. He has almost a 64% TS. 42% from 3, 58% from 2, 84% from the line. Also grabs 12 boards a game and 1.5 bpg.

I think most people are high on Booker...though the defense will always be pointed out unless it's fixed. Even other bigger names who have taken heat for defense in the past didn't measure nearly as bad.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1829 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:24 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Yeah we were in it with some decent time left. If the Blazers didn't want to be only up 8 with time left, play better

Did you watch it? We were actually down 20 when the 4th qtr started. They had scrubs in like Connaghton and Zach Collins and stuff.

With over 7 minutes he hit a 3 to cut it from 13 to 10 against the scrubs right before the starters came back in in.

We were actually not down 8 when he was hitting shots, though he cut it to 8 or 9 (and 7 at the very end) with some shots.

He hit a long 3 when we were down 12 to cut it to 9 with like 5 minutes left..then another long 3 moments later when down 11 to cut it to 8.

Then a few minutes later when down 13 to he cut it to 11 with a two and hen to 9 with another one, but this was like 1:30 left....then it got back to 11 and he cut it to 9 again with another two. Then it got to 12 and he got fouled and cut it to 9 again with three free throws.

Then with like 42 seconds left he hit a 3 to cut it from 10 to 7.

It never felt like we were in it to me. But he did score the last 18 against the starters.

http://www.espn.com/nba/playbyplay?gameId=400975398
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1830 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:05 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Yeah we were in it with some decent time left. If the Blazers didn't want to be only up 8 with time left, play better

Did you watch it? We were actually down 20 when the 4th qtr started. They had scrubs in like Connaghton and Zach Collins and stuff.

With over 7 minutes he hit a 3 to cut it from 13 to 10 against the scrubs right before the starters came back in in.

We were actually not down 8 when he was hitting shots, though he cut it to 8 or 9 (and 7 at the very end) with some shots.

He hit a long 3 when we were down 12 to cut it to 9 with like 5 minutes left..then another long 3 moments later when down 11 to cut it to 8.

Then a few minutes later when down 13 to he cut it to 11 with a two and hen to 9 with another one, but this was like 1:30 left....then it got back to 11 and he cut it to 9 again with another two. Then it got to 12 and he got fouled and cut it to 9 again with three free throws.

It never felt like we were in it to me. But he did score the last 18 against the starters.

I watched it. We were down like 20 then Daniels hit like 3-4 triples in a row and got us to 11 down with almost 8 minutes left in the 4th. Then Booker took over and got us to 8 down with 4:30 left. Booker hit his first 3 when we were only down 13, so with that shot he got us to 10. When I say play better, I mean put your better players on the court. If you didn't want to be down 8 with plenty of time left and a hot Booker still looking to score, then you shouldn't have sat your starters to start the 4th.

We were definitely in it down 8 with 4:30 left.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#1831 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:14 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
JMac1 wrote:

Yeah, it is crazy.

A lot of people are pretty high on Booker though. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1661657

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. Some people are still thinking of Booker as last year's Booker, some people have irrational hate (you always get those), but there's a lot of people now realizing how good he's been this season. Ask the question last year if Booker is better than Lavine / Wiggins and you'll get completely different answers.
Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1832 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:18 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

I watched it. We were down like 20 then Daniels hit like 3-4 triples in a row and got us to 11 down with almost 8 minutes left in the 4th. Then Booker took over and got us to 8 down with 4:30 left. Booker hit his first 3 when we were only down 13, so with that shot he got us to 10. When I say play better, I mean put your better players on the court. If you didn't want to be down 8 with plenty of time left and a hot Booker still looking to score, then you shouldn't have sat your starters to start the 4th.

It looked like we could get back in it, but we got it to 9 before the starters came back and that shot got it to 8 and we never got closer than 8 the rest of the way until to 7 with under a minute, despite all his scoring. They made sure the lead never got cut by more than 1 after the starters returned until the last minute.

I mean the game felt kind of over to me. When I saw we cut it down, I was intrigued, and though that made a comeback not totally far fetched, given Booker's heroics at times, but also knew with the starters coming back in it was obviously a long shot, given the say the starters had killed us to that point.

I definitely don't think Booker should be knocked for scoring an insane amount of points in the 4th, and most under 5:40 or so, particularly since it was against the scorers. There is nothing to knock about that, but being down 8-13 for the last 7 minutes didn't feel that close after having watched the whole game...sure closer than it had been though.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#1833 » by Mulhollanddrive » Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:45 am

4th guard as voted by players would have made him an All-Star.

But nothing from media and fans shows what we've been talking about.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1834 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:46 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

It looked like we could get back in it, but we got it to 9 before the starters came back and that shot got it to 8 and we never got closer than 8 the rest of the way until to 7 with under a minute, despite all his scoring. They made sure the lead never got cut by more than 1 after the starters returned until the last minute.

I mean the game felt kind of over to me. When I saw we cut it down, I was intrigued, and though that made a comeback not totally far fetched, given Booker's heroics at times, but also knew with the starters coming back in it was obviously a long shot, given the say the starters had killed us to that point.

I definitely don't think Booker should be knocked for scoring an insane amount of points in the 4th, and most under 5:40 or so, particularly since it was against the scorers. There is nothing to knock about that, but being down 8-13 for the last 7 minutes didn't feel that close after having watched the whole game...sure closer than it had been though.

But that's what I mean by we were still in it at the 8min mark. They let us back in, that's not Daniel's fault for hitting 4 3's in a row. It's not Booker's fault for leading the charge to try and win the game. Even down 8 with a minute left, it's super unlikely but not impossible. I've seen the Suns, with this squad, down double digits with less than 5 min left and come back. If you consider us out being down double digits with 8min left and starters coming back in, that's fine. I just don't think it's a fair to criticize Booker for putting up points in the 4th and trying to win. Not saying you're being critical, just saying in general.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1835 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 5:55 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:4th guard as voted by players would have made him an All-Star.

But nothing from media and fans shows what we've been talking about.

lol Ulis got two votes. Guessing Booker (because he can't vote for himself) and ..... Sauce?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1836 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:26 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:I watched it. We were down like 20 then Daniels hit like 3-4 triples in a row and got us to 11 down with almost 8 minutes left in the 4th. Then Booker took over and got us to 8 down with 4:30 left. Booker hit his first 3 when we were only down 13, so with that shot he got us to 10. When I say play better, I mean put your better players on the court. If you didn't want to be down 8 with plenty of time left and a hot Booker still looking to score, then you shouldn't have sat your starters to start the 4th.

But that's what I mean by we were still in it at the 8min mark. They let us back in, that's not Daniel's fault for hitting 4 3's in a row. It's not Booker's fault for leading the charge to try and win the game. Even down 8 with a minute left, it's super unlikely but not impossible. I've seen the Suns, with this squad, down double digits with less than 5 min left and come back. If you consider us out being down double digits with 8min left and starters coming back in, that's fine. I just don't think it's a fair to criticize Booker for putting up points in the 4th and trying to win. Not saying you're being critical, just saying in general.

Not sure why you keep arguing. I said it was impressive by Booker but I just felt we never really were in it...thought we might get there when cut it to 8, but didn't. I know we came back by double digits late against the worst team in the league and it was so crazy it hadn't happened against Atlanta in like 400 games and our probability of winning was like 1%, but it was Atlanta.

Again, still impressive by Booker, but even though you felt we were absolutely in that game, it seemed like an extreme long shot given the way our starters had matched up with them. Our bench did nice against their end of bench players though.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1837 » by lilfishi22 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:31 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Not sure why you keep arguing. I said it was impressive by Booker but I just felt we never really were in it...thought we might get there when cut it to 8, but didn't. I know we came back by double digits late against the worst team in the league and it was so crazy it hadn't happened against Atlanta in like 400 games and our probability of winning was like 1%, but it was Atlanta.

Again, still impressive by Booker, but even though you felt we were absolutely in that game, it seemed like an extreme long shot given the way our starters had matched up with them. Our bench did nice against their end of bench players though.

I'm not arguing. All I said was that we were in it. 10 down with 8 left is in it. You make it sound like we were never in it at any point in the 4th. Like the moment their starters came back that's the end of the game or something.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1838 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:45 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:But that's what I mean by we were still in it at the 8min mark. They let us back in, that's not Daniel's fault for hitting 4 3's in a row. It's not Booker's fault for leading the charge to try and win the game. Even down 8 with a minute left, it's super unlikely but not impossible. I've seen the Suns, with this squad, down double digits with less than 5 min left and come back. If you consider us out being down double digits with 8min left and starters coming back in, that's fine. I just don't think it's a fair to criticize Booker for putting up points in the 4th and trying to win. Not saying you're being critical, just saying in general.

I'm not arguing. All I said was that we were in it. 10 down with 8 left is in it. You make it sound like we were never in it at any point in the 4th. Like the moment their starters came back that's the end of the game or something.

Yeah, I meant to mention I was unlikely to change my opinion based on yours. I felt we might be able to get back in it, but when I noticed we again couldn't get any stops or down to 2 scores, that was my feeling.
alldayeveryday
Veteran
And1: 1,148

Re: Devin Booker (All-star poll) 

Post#1839 » by alldayeveryday » Sat Jan 20, 2018 4:55 am

Read on Twitter
JMac1
Suns Forum Training Specialist
And1: 4,004

Re: Devin Booker (All-star poll) 

Post#1840 » by JMac1 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:20 pm

As of today...He is tied for sixth in the league in scoring. Durant James Giannis Harden and Davis are the only guys ahead of him.....Zac Lavine......?!? Smh

Return to Phoenix Suns