Re: OT for AZ Cards fans 

Post#21 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:33 pm

9 or 10.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,319

Post#22 » by DirtyDez » Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:09 pm

Cards sign former Titans RB Chris Johnson. Last year he averaged 4.3 YPC with the Jets. Like the one year deals.

Hopefully Ellington stays healthy and they can cause some havoc together.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,602

Post#23 » by bwgood77 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:57 am

DirtyDez wrote:Cards sign former Titans RB Chris Johnson. Last year he averaged 4.3 YPC with the Jets. Like the one year deals.

Nice low risk high reward signing.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,865

Post#24 » by saintEscaton » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:04 am

bwgood77 wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:Cards sign former Titans RB Chris Johnson. Last year he averaged 4.3 YPC with the Jets. Like the one year deals.

Nice low risk high reward signing.

Hope CJ2K still has something left in the tank but I think its an insurance signing, He's a similar back to Ellington though. We still need an established in between the tackles runner to move the chains on third downs and convert in the redzone. David Johnson is an intriuing rookie in the mold of a receiving RB like Forte but he's already injured and more of a downhill runner than a bruiser
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#25 » by TASTIC » Fri Sep 4, 2015 11:22 am

So Jarryd Hayne is getting massive headlines over in NZ and Australia, but this kiwi has a chance with the Cards apparently? http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-sports/video-new-zealander-paul-lasike-scores-touchdown-for-arizona-in-nfl-pre-season-game/story-e6frf6ju-1227513107565

I don't know jack about NFL apart from the basics, but does he have a chance to make the squad?

Hayne has been awesome, his rugby league skills are shining through on both ends, very cool!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Fri Sep 4, 2015 5:18 pm

TASTIC wrote:So Jarryd Hayne is getting massive headlines over in NZ and Australia, but this kiwi has a chance with the Cards apparently? http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-sports/video-new-zealander-paul-lasike-scores-touchdown-for-arizona-in-nfl-pre-season-game/story-e6frf6ju-1227513107565

I don't know jack about NFL apart from the basics, but does he have a chance to make the squad?

Hayne has been awesome, his rugby league skills are shining through on both ends, very cool!

Check this out...it looks like Hayne caught this, but he must have been juggling it about to drop it and kiwi Paul Lasike ends up with it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyXkwbULIc[/youtube]
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#27 » by TASTIC » Sat Sep 5, 2015 9:36 am

bwgood77 wrote:
TASTIC wrote:So Jarryd Hayne is getting massive headlines over in NZ and Australia, but this kiwi has a chance with the Cards apparently? http://www.foxsports.com.au/us-sports/video-new-zealander-paul-lasike-scores-touchdown-for-arizona-in-nfl-pre-season-game/story-e6frf6ju-1227513107565

Check this out...it looks like Hayne caught this, but he must have been juggling it about to drop it and kiwi Paul Lasike ends up with it.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCyXkwbULIc[/youtube]

? Hayne's playing for the 49ers though

He didn't make the cut for the Cards :(
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 2:34 pm

If you want to enter the NFL picks competition, here is the link. viewtopic.php?f=452&t=1406217
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#29 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 8, 2015 9:54 pm

I'm not a huge fan of Barnwell because I think he spends far too much time focusing on regression instead of giving real actual football analysis, but here was his write up of the Cardinals today.

Arizona Cardinals

Key 2014 Results
Record: 11-5 (NFL rank: 6)
Pythagorean Wins: 8.3 (NFL rank: 16)
Pythagorean Difference: plus-2.7 (NFL rank: 1)
Record in Close Games:1 4-1 (NFL rank: 4)
Strength of Schedule: 0.521 (NFL rank: 6)
Turnover Margin: plus-8 (NFL rank: 5)

I wrote about the Cardinals and the likelihood they would decline back on August 5, and since then, the situation hasn’t gotten much rosier.

Arizona’s offensive line, in particular, looks to be in shambles. Left guard Mike Iupati, the team’s most expensive free-agent signing, revealed on August 19 that he needed knee surgery. Right tackle Bobby Massie was suspended for the first three games, a punishment dropped to two games on appeal. Arizona’s centers were so bad in camp that the Cardinals had to re-sign 2014 starter Lyle Sendlein, who had sat on the free-agent market for five months after being cut in March. And first-round pick D.J. Humphries struggled badly in camp, earning public criticism and the nickname of “Knee Deep” from Bruce Arians, who explained that putting a foot in Humphries’s ass wasn’t enough to motivate the Florida product. I would have quit football the moment I got that nickname. That’s an emotional knockout.
Best-Case Scenario: Arians continues to defy the odds as Carson Palmer comes back chucking to breakout receiver John Brown. The offensive line eventually gets right as the Cardinals find a one-two punch with Andre Ellington and David Johnson, and with Patrick Peterson’s diabetes properly treated, the defense stays toward the top of the pack in an 11-5 campaign.

Worst-Case Scenario: The numbers are right. Palmer comes back too early and is an interception machine before he’s benched for Drew Stanton, who doesn’t do any better. The offensive line never jells, the running game never appears, and the defense misses Todd Bowles dearly. Arizona finishes as the league’s biggest disappointment at 6-10.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nfl-2015-season-predictions-part-2-the-falling-stars/
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - Football discussion, Cards, fantasy or any other nfl thoughts 

Post#30 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:54 pm

Updated
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,237

Re: OT - Fantasy football, AZ Cards or other NFL thoughts 

Post#31 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:13 am

Cards are looking damn good so far. With Seattle losing twice, hopefully they can keep rolling to a division title.

In fantasy news, looking like a turnaround for me this week. Though, if I lose by 3 points or less, I will be pissed. You let me down Baltimore!
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#32 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:20 am

MrMiyagi wrote:Cards are looking damn good so far. With Seattle losing twice, hopefully they can keep rolling to a division title.

In fantasy news, looking like a turnaround for me this week. Though, if I lose by 3 points or less, I will be pissed. You let me down Baltimore!

Cards are looking good. Chargers disappointed me yesterday...Keenan Allen fumbling the first punt return inside the 15 or so leading to an early Cincy td killed them.

My fantasy start is terrible. In my league with people I know in person, I drafted CJ Anderson and Dez Bryant with my first two picks, and took Romo as my first qb. Luckily I always load qbs and also have Matt Ryan and Rivers and that is a two qb league and also lucky I took Stevie Johnson and John Brown late to cover at wr.

I am in 4 fantasy football leagues and I was 0-4 after week one and I think I will be 1-7 after two, and I usually win or come close in most of them.
MrMiyagi

Post#33 » by MrMiyagi » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:Cards are looking damn good so far. With Seattle losing twice, hopefully they can keep rolling to a division title.

Cards are looking good. Chargers disappointed me yesterday...Keenan Allen fumbling the first punt return inside the 15 or so leading to an early Cincy td killed them.

My fantasy start is terrible. In my league with people I know in person, I drafted CJ Anderson and Dez Bryant with my first two picks, and took Romo as my first qb. Luckily I always load qbs and also have Matt Ryan and Rivers and that is a two qb league and also lucky I took Stevie Johnson and John Brown late to cover at wr.

I am in 4 fantasy football leagues and I was 0-4 after week one and I think I will be 1-7 after two, and I usually win or come close in most of them.

Yeah, I'm in an NFL.com league with fractal points and bonuses for 100+ yard rushing/receiving and 400+ passing yards. Wound up with Demarius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders and picked up Amari Cooper because someone decided to drop him, none did much week 1. I also had Tom Brady whose touchdowns were nullified because I was playing the guy with Gronk, and lost by 30 points... This week I pummeled the guy I played because Brady got me 44 points, Cooper and Sanders got me 20 each, Thomas got me 15 and I picked up Tyler Eifert who gave me another 10.

Overall, I like where my teams are at. I wish Dez wasn't out since I drafted Foster who was out to start the season. Good think I got TY, but he was banged up this week and I didn't want to risk having him in my lineup and not playing tonight.

I'm willing to trade Dez to anyone willing to sit on him for a while and will give me a healthy RB/WR/TE in return.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#34 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 12:39 am

MrMiyagi wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Yeah, I'm in an NFL.com league with fractal points and bonuses for 100+ yard rushing/receiving and 400+ passing yards. Wound up with Demarius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders and picked up Amari Cooper because someone decided to drop him, none did much week 1. I also had Tom Brady whose touchdowns were nullified because I was playing the guy with Gronk, and lost by 30 points... This week I pummeled the guy I played because Brady got me 44 points, Cooper and Sanders got me 20 each, Thomas got me 15 and I picked up Tyler Eifert who gave me another 10.

Overall, I like where my teams are at. I wish Dez wasn't out since I drafted Foster who was out to start the season. Good think I got TY, but he was banged up this week and I didn't want to risk having him in my lineup and not playing tonight.

I'm willing to trade Dez to anyone willing to sit on him for a while and will give me a healthy RB/WR/TE in return.

It would be hard to trade for Dez and I don't know if the value will be good, but I think I am fairly deep at flex positions, but I am probably higher on guys like Stevie Johnson than others because I know how good Rivers is at utilizing talent who may have played with lesser talented qbs previously.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#35 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 11:19 am

Wow, I had a waiver claim in for Matt Jones and was third in the waiver order. Zero Tolerance gets him. I could have sworn it went by record first and then pt differential but I guess if you didn't make a waiver claim the week before you are higher in the waiver order and that is the first determining factor, and then record.
MrMiyagi

Post#36 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:41 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Wow, I had a waiver claim in for Matt Jones and was third in the waiver order. Zero Tolerance gets him. I could have sworn it went by record first and then pt differential but I guess if you didn't make a waiver claim the week before you are higher in the waiver order and that is the first determining factor, and then record.

I actually got Matt Jones. I was 2nd. The perks of being 0-2?
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,992

Post#37 » by kennydorglas » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:46 pm

waiver wire initially is the reverse order of the draft...
so who picked last, will be in 1st place
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
MrMiyagi

Post#38 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:56 pm

kennydorglas wrote:waiver wire initially is the reverse order of the draft...

That's for week 1, leading up to the first game. After that it's determined by record and points scored being the deciding factor between tied records. I'm 0-2 with the 2nd least points scored, so I was 2nd in the waiver order.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#39 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:20 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

That's for week 1, leading up to the first game. After that it's determined by record and points scored being the deciding factor between tied records. I'm 0-2 with the 2nd least points scored, so I was 2nd in the waiver order.

It doesn't make sense then because I'm 0-2 also and put in a waiver claim for Matt Jones and Zero Tolerance got him. Oh well.
MrMiyagi

Post#40 » by MrMiyagi » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:43 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

It doesn't make sense then because I'm 0-2 also and put in a waiver claim for Matt Jones and Zero Tolerance got him. Oh well.

I got Matt Jones, BW.

Return to Phoenix Suns