ImageImageImage

OT - Other sports - MLB, NFL, NCAAF

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed, batsmasher

User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 2,838
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#501 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:07 pm

woops didn't know there was a thread for this I put in the game thread haha....yeah that no call was bogus.

I want the rams to win but not like that. There will be hell to pay for those refs if the rams win.
Image
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#502 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:10 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:woops didn't know there was a thread for this I put in the game thread haha....yeah that no call was bogus.

I want the rams to win but not like that. There will be hell to pay for those refs if the rams win.


Yeah, I'm going for the Rams too, but if I was a Saints fan I'd be PISSED. Especially after the brutal way they got knocked out of the playoffs last year with that last second Vikings prayer pass.
User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 2,838
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#503 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:13 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:woops didn't know there was a thread for this I put in the game thread haha....yeah that no call was bogus.

I want the rams to win but not like that. There will be hell to pay for those refs if the rams win.


Yeah, I'm going for the Rams too, but if I was a Saints fan I'd be PISSED. Especially after the brutal way they got knocked out of the playoffs last year with that last second Vikings prayer pass.



Honestly that no call was as bad as durant running out of bounds with the basketball and getting a pass off. It was really bad haha wish i had a twitter i bet its erupting...
Image
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 24,662
And1: 10,868
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#504 » by Revived » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:39 pm

SlovenianDragon wrote:saints got ripped off...and I want the rams to win lol

Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#505 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:55 pm

Revived wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:saints got ripped off...and I want the rams to win lol

Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.


Except they could have essentially run out the clock, kicked a FG and won the game. I mean that was probably a game altering call...in a game to go to the SuperBowl. Man, if I was a Saints fan that has to be the most brutal way to get knocked out of the playoffs in two consecutive years ever.
User avatar
SlovenianDragon
Sixth Man
Posts: 1,998
And1: 2,838
Joined: Aug 01, 2014
         

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#506 » by SlovenianDragon » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:57 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:saints got ripped off...and I want the rams to win lol

Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.


Except they could have essentially run out the clock, kicked a FG and won the game. I mean that was probably a game altering call...in a game to go to the SuperBowl. Man, if I was a Saints fan that has to be the most brutal way to get knocked out of the playoffs in two consecutive years ever.


Yeah if that was the suns I may have actually broken something lol...and im a passive person. Saints fans have to feel so let down right now. Yikes.
Image
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#507 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:01 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.


Except they could have essentially run out the clock, kicked a FG and won the game. I mean that was probably a game altering call...in a game to go to the SuperBowl. Man, if I was a Saints fan that has to be the most brutal way to get knocked out of the playoffs in two consecutive years ever.


Yeah if that was the suns I may have actually broken something lol...and im a passive person. Saints fans have to feel so let down right now. Yikes.


Yeah, it's similar to being in Game 7 of the WCF with like 20 seconds left and a tie game and Booker shooting a 3 and getting blatantly fouled and it's a no call and it goes into OT and we lose.
Revived
RealGM
Posts: 24,662
And1: 10,868
Joined: Feb 17, 2011

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#508 » by Revived » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:30 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:saints got ripped off...and I want the rams to win lol

Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.


Except they could have essentially run out the clock, kicked a FG and won the game. I mean that was probably a game altering call...in a game to go to the SuperBowl. Man, if I was a Saints fan that has to be the most brutal way to get knocked out of the playoffs in two consecutive years ever.

I think had the Rams directly scored a TD after that and the game been over without an opportunity for the Saints then I’d understand.

But the Saints had the ball to begin OT so they had their opportunity to score a TD and end the game that way.

Saints had chance after chance but could not execute offensively and relied on too many FGs instead of TDs. For a team with as much talent offensively as they do, it’s a massive disappointment that they only manage 2 TDs in their biggest game of the season.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#509 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:36 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.


Except they could have essentially run out the clock, kicked a FG and won the game. I mean that was probably a game altering call...in a game to go to the SuperBowl. Man, if I was a Saints fan that has to be the most brutal way to get knocked out of the playoffs in two consecutive years ever.

I think had the Rams directly scored a TD after that and the game been over without an opportunity for the Saints then I’d understand.

But the Saints had the ball to begin OT so they had their opportunity to score a TD and end the game that way.

Saints had chance after chance but could not execute offensively and relied on too many FGs instead of TDs. For a team with as much talent offensively as they do, it’s a massive disappointment that they only manage 2 TDs in their biggest game of the season.


Yeah, I was glad the got the opportunity and massive advantage winning the toss in OT even though I was pulling for the Rams. Impressed with the Rams and Goff staying resilient after going down 13-0 early. Goff looked like a dear in the headlights early but got past it. Of course that fake punt early in the 2nd on their own 25 or so was huge...if they don't convert that it would have been really tough to come back.
User avatar
DarkHawk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,894
And1: 3,358
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#510 » by DarkHawk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:54 am

bwgood77 wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:woops didn't know there was a thread for this I put in the game thread haha....yeah that no call was bogus.

I want the rams to win but not like that. There will be hell to pay for those refs if the rams win.


Yeah, I'm going for the Rams too, but if I was a Saints fan I'd be PISSED. Especially after the brutal way they got knocked out of the playoffs last year with that last second Vikings prayer pass.


Yea this one may be harder to accept since it was the refs who cost us this game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25812050/saints-never-get-blown-pass-interference-call

This is the first time I'll root for the Pats if they beat the Chiefs. Rams shouldn't be there right now.
King 4 a Day, fool for a life time
User avatar
DarkHawk
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,894
And1: 3,358
Joined: Dec 11, 2010
Location: Pandora
         

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#511 » by DarkHawk » Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:57 am

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:Eh, Saints still had a chance to win the game in OT but didn’t and threw an INT instead.

Missed call sucks but one missed call in the 4th QTR isn’t end of the world when you get another chance in OT.


Except they could have essentially run out the clock, kicked a FG and won the game. I mean that was probably a game altering call...in a game to go to the SuperBowl. Man, if I was a Saints fan that has to be the most brutal way to get knocked out of the playoffs in two consecutive years ever.

I think had the Rams directly scored a TD after that and the game been over without an opportunity for the Saints then I’d understand.

But the Saints had the ball to begin OT so they had their opportunity to score a TD and end the game that way.

Saints had chance after chance but could not execute offensively and relied on too many FGs instead of TDs. For a team with as much talent offensively as they do, it’s a massive disappointment that they only manage 2 TDs in their biggest game of the season.


Our backup TE who never gets looks was forced to get a look early and just couldn't catch a perfectly thrown ball by Brees on the first drive.
I wouldn't be shocked if the Saints somehow come out of this offseason with Antonio Brown. One last run with this team before all the big pay days come.
Having Thomas and Brown together will force one of them to be played 1 on 1 all the time.
King 4 a Day, fool for a life time
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
Posts: 15,271
And1: 4,724
Joined: Jun 25, 2009
Location: the Arizona desert

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#512 » by DirtyDez » Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:27 pm

:nod:

fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT - NFL Playoffs 

Post#513 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jan 30, 2019 7:58 pm

DarkHawk wrote:As a Saints fan still reeling from the missed call, stuff like this really irritates me. The dude made a play but it wasn't his fault the refs blew the call.
Death threats are never warranted, even to the idiot refs who don't deserve to ref another NFL game.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25886609/rams-robey-coleman-says-got-threats-saints-fans

What's crazy is, had Robey been called for the P.I. and the Saints went on to win, there's a good chance that Rams fans would be the ones sending him death threats due to what would have been deemed a boneheaded play on his part.

If the Rams win the SB, I'm willing to bet the dvd they put out will have very little to say about the play.


Same thing about the tuck rule....no one mentions that much, but it changed the outcome of a game in which is what clearly a fumble.
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT - Super Bowl 

Post#514 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 2, 2019 10:18 pm

This is interesting...

MGM Resorts reported taking a $2 million money-line bet late Thursday on the Rams, who face the New England Patriots in Super Bowl LIII on Sunday in Atlanta. Bookmaker William Hill on Friday said it took a $1.5 million money-line bet on the Rams, and hours later the sportsbook at South Point Casino in Las Vegas reported taking a $300,000 money-line bet on Los Angeles. The bets were made at +120 odds and first reported by the Vegas Stats & Information Network and RotoGrinders.

Sources told ESPN that those bets were made by the same customer who last year went on a remarkable gambling run that stretched from the 2017 World Series through Super Bowl LII between the Philadelphia Eagles and the Patriots.

Bookmakers and the media nicknamed him "Bettor X," and he did some damage. The bettor, who has asked to remain anonymous, won $10 million in the World Series between the Houston Astros and Los Angeles Dodgers. He followed it up by staking between $8 million and $10 million on the underdog Eagles to beat the Patriots in Super Bowl LII. Philadelphia won 41-33, and Bettor X ended up with a net $25 million from the run.


Now, he's back, betting again against the Patriots in Super Bowl LIII.


http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/25907794/million-dollar-bets-show-rams-las-vegas
User avatar
sunsbum
Veteran
Posts: 2,629
And1: 2,944
Joined: May 16, 2007
Location: Portland
     

OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#515 » by sunsbum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:26 pm

I figure theres got to be some other cardinal fans in here that have no where else to go like myself.


Also, Devin Booker is a first ballot hall of famer and I'm going to the general boards.. :D
"Sunsbum is smart, well respected, and just seems like a very likable guy."

-Frank Lee
User avatar
sunsbum
Veteran
Posts: 2,629
And1: 2,944
Joined: May 16, 2007
Location: Portland
     

Re: OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#516 » by sunsbum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:29 pm

Personally I'm hoping for Kyler Murray. After seeing Mahomes slip through our fingers I can't bare to watch another noodle armed QB overthrow our receivers.
"Sunsbum is smart, well respected, and just seems like a very likable guy."

-Frank Lee
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#517 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:41 pm

I didn't watch the Cardinals much this year but it does seem crazy to trade up and take a really hyped QB one year and then get the #1 pick the following year and take a QB, when you could take a defensive difference maker. But I didn't watch Rosen enough to know...seems early and I didn't think the line was all that great this year. Receivers are not great either.

Seems like the fans are fairly divided on whether or not they want him from what I see on twitter.
User avatar
sunsbum
Veteran
Posts: 2,629
And1: 2,944
Joined: May 16, 2007
Location: Portland
     

Re: OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#518 » by sunsbum » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:44 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I didn't watch the Cardinals much this year but it does seem crazy to trade up and take a really hyped QB one year and then get the #1 pick the following year and take a QB, when you could take a defensive difference maker. But I didn't watch Rosen enough to know...seems early and I didn't think the line was all that great this year. Receivers are not great either.

Seems like the fans are fairly divided on whether or not they want him from what I see on twitter.


Honestly it is crazy! But I think Keim knows this is his last hurrah if things don't turn around real quick. Just like James Jones said, you can't keep something for the sake of continuity, if you think Murray is going to be a superstar you gotta take that chance. There are also Rumors of Rosen and the rest of the locker room being pretty divided.

Who are you hoping the chargers take in the first round?
"Sunsbum is smart, well respected, and just seems like a very likable guy."

-Frank Lee
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,269
And1: 32,062
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#519 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 25, 2019 11:55 pm

sunsbum wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I didn't watch the Cardinals much this year but it does seem crazy to trade up and take a really hyped QB one year and then get the #1 pick the following year and take a QB, when you could take a defensive difference maker. But I didn't watch Rosen enough to know...seems early and I didn't think the line was all that great this year. Receivers are not great either.

Seems like the fans are fairly divided on whether or not they want him from what I see on twitter.


Honestly it is crazy! But I think Keim knows this is his last hurrah if things don't turn around real quick. Just like James Jones said, you can't keep something for the sake of continuity, if you think Murray is going to be a superstar you gotta take that chance. There are also Rumors of Rosen and the rest of the locker room being pretty divided.

Who are you hoping the chargers take in the first round?


Well giving up on a guy like Rosen isn't a continuity thing as much as him being a rookie without very good protection or offensive weapons. It would be like giving up on Ayton because there was someone we thought was a better C (but in this case a backup doesn't play at all unless starter is injured).

BUT, after watching Mahomes, it's hard to pass up on a guy that could be a game changer at QB...I just don't know much about Murray either...never watched him.

Ultimately if they don't think Rosen is the guy and they think Murray is, they should take Murray. QB in the NFL is more important than any particular position in the NBA and if you think he is a can't miss superstar you should take him. Seems like Cards have a lot of holes though IF they thought Rosen would still be a solid QB....I mean coming out he was very highly rated...some thought the best QB last year in a good class.
Desertfox
Junior
Posts: 260
And1: 186
Joined: Jan 31, 2010
     

Re: OT: Cardinals Draft + bonus 

Post#520 » by Desertfox » Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:04 pm

Getting rid of Rosen after not giving him an OL is like getting rid of Kokoskov after not giving him a PG... No QB can succeed behind the Cardinals OL just like no coach on the Suns will succeed without a half decent PG. At this point I don't know which franchise is turning into the biggest dumpster fire...

Return to Phoenix Suns