ImageImageImage

Around the NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1641 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:18 pm

Puff wrote:The Head Coach and his lead assistant that were both dumped by Robert Sarver are both undefeated in the playoffs and possibly headed for a meeting in the WCF. The winner goes to the finals.

I hope that happens. While I love my man MDA I also really like Gentry. I am not sure whom I would root for in the WCF. I just want Gentry to finish off Thiobeau and beat the hell out of Kerr. That would be fantastic.

Karma is a bitch

OK. First. It was Kerr who asked DAntoni to hire a defensive coach, and DAntoni left. But I do like Gentry as a coach. I would love to have him back.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#1642 » by bwgood77 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:37 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
Puff wrote:The Head Coach and his lead assistant that were both dumped by Robert Sarver are both undefeated in the playoffs and possibly headed for a meeting in the WCF. The winner goes to the finals.

I hope that happens. While I love my man MDA I also really like Gentry. I am not sure whom I would root for in the WCF. I just want Gentry to finish off Thiobeau and beat the hell out of Kerr. That would be fantastic.

Karma is a bitch

OK. First. It was Kerr who asked DAntoni to hire a defensive coach, and DAntoni left. But I do like Gentry as a coach. I would love to have him back.

Yeah, was going to mention Kerr seemed to more have the disagreement with D'Antoni....all the more reason to pull for Gentry to knock off Kerr in the next round, and if not, D'Antoni to knock him out.

I wonder where we would be now if Budenholzer would have replaced D'Antoni instead of Porter though. I'm guessing Budenholzer would be gone by now anyway....10 years would be a long time right now in this organization.
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#1643 » by Puff » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:21 am

jcsunsfan wrote:

Karma is a bitch

I really think sometimes that you are directly connected to Robert Sarver, like family. It is almost like the way Fox News is to Donald freaking Trump.

Sarver is the one that hired Kerr and Sarver has been at the root of nothing but the demise of this franchise. It is hard to define any good decision he has made for the basketball side of the business. He started the demise when he lowballed BC. Without that happening we would have never have endured the Steve Kerr or MDA GM eras, which would have been a very good thing for this franchise.

Somehow you also seem to think Alvin Gentry is a better coach than MDA. What a joke. There is nothing to support that opinion except for the jaded opinion fostered by Steve Kerr's actions which caused MDA to leave town. One of the two years Gentry coached that D'Antoni created team he made the playoffs, the other he did not. I do not want to hear about injuries or lack of talent, MDA never gets that luxury when his career is discussed.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#1644 » by Puff » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 am

bwgood77 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

Karma is a bitch

Yeah, was going to mention Kerr seemed to more have the disagreement with D'Antoni....all the more reason to pull for Gentry to knock off Kerr in the next round, and if not, D'Antoni to knock him out.

I wonder where we would be now if Budenholzer would have replaced D'Antoni instead of Porter though. I'm guessing Budenholzer would be gone by now anyway....10 years would be a long time right now in this organization.

Remember who made the decision to hire Porter and who supported that hire. Kerr should have went after someone like Budenholzer but he was a totally inept GM.

Golden State is lucky that Steve Kerr is not their GM.

I wish Steve Kerr would have become head coach and had Lon Babby as head of basketball operations, with Lance Blanks as the GM. I wonder how many championships he would have won.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#1645 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:11 pm

Puff wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:OK. First. It was Kerr who asked DAntoni to hire a defensive coach, and DAntoni left. But I do like Gentry as a coach. I would love to have him back.

Remember who made the decision to hire Porter and who supported that hire. Kerr should have went after someone like Budenholzer but he was a totally inept GM.

I wish Steve Kerr would have become head coach and had Lon Babby as head of basketball operations, with Lance Blanks as the GM. I wonder how many championships he would have won.

Blanks was the worst front office guy in Suns history. Babby was only slightly better.
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#1646 » by Damkac » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:50 pm

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1647 » by bwgood77 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:54 pm

Damkac wrote:

That's good.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1648 » by darealjuice » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:04 pm

That ending was so good lol

Also "When life gives you spilled mead, use it to get a free timeout" :lol:
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#1649 » by jcsunsfan » Tue May 1, 2018 8:08 pm

Puff wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

Karma is a bitch

I really think sometimes that you are directly connected to Robert Sarver, like family. It is almost like the way Fox News is to Donald freaking Trump.

Sarver is the one that hired Kerr and Sarver has been at the root of nothing but the demise of this franchise. It is hard to define any good decision he has made for the basketball side of the business. He started the demise when he lowballed BC. Without that happening we would have never have endured the Steve Kerr or MDA GM eras, which would have been a very good thing for this franchise.

Somehow you also seem to think Alvin Gentry is a better coach than MDA. What a joke. There is nothing to support that opinion except for the jaded opinion fostered by Steve Kerr's actions which caused MDA to leave town. One of the two years Gentry coached that D'Antoni created team he made the playoffs, the other he did not. I do not want to hear about injuries or lack of talent, MDA never gets that luxury when his career is discussed.

OK. No relation to Sarver. Sorry. Just interested in being accurate. The conflict at the time was between Kerr and DAntoni. The funny thing is that I think Kerr was right. DAntoni was an offensive genius and produced the best offensive team in Suns history, without necessarily the best talent in Suns history. He changed the way the game was played in the NBA. I like Gentry as a coach,but I do not believe he is better than DAntoni. The frustrating part of DAntoni is that he was so stubborn. Just a few minor changes and his teams could have been even better. Just a little better distribution of minutes. A little more rest for the starters throughout the year. A little more emphasis upon defense.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1650 » by bwgood77 » Fri May 4, 2018 3:56 pm

Read on Twitter

Of course if this were to happen, I don't want to hear "Look how good Fizdale is doing, we should have gotten him!"
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#1651 » by jcsunsfan » Fri May 4, 2018 4:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Of course if this were to happen, I don't want to hear "Look how good Fizdale is doing, we should have gotten him!"

If LeBron goes to NY, then we know that Fiz to Phoenix was an impossibility before it started. If LeBron goes to NY, it has been a plan already.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#1652 » by King4Day » Tue May 8, 2018 5:38 pm

Borrego to coach the Hornets. Wonder what the story is behind that.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1653 » by King4Day » Wed May 9, 2018 2:38 pm

With the news that the Raptors are leaning towards firing Casey, I wonder if they will go after Budenholzer.
Casey probably wouldn't be out of work long either. If not this year, maybe next season.
RunDogGun
No Sham, More Cam
And1: 5,437

Post#1654 » by RunDogGun » Wed May 9, 2018 3:03 pm

Puff wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:OK. First. It was Kerr who asked DAntoni to hire a defensive coach, and DAntoni left. But I do like Gentry as a coach. I would love to have him back.

Just wondering what you think of MDA’s Gming in PHX, since you seem to skip it, and lay the blame everywhere else? :wink: I think many forget that MDA’s stubbornness and unwillingness to make the right in game adjustments kept us from making a finals. Nash made that team go, or should I say, “go go go!”. I’m glad MDA, “took his ball and left.”

Gentry did very little as well. All he did was ride the same idea, let Nash run the show, sit back and make little to no adjustments.

As for Bud, who knows what would have happened. I hope our new coach does well, and gets the most out of our players.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1655 » by King4Day » Fri May 11, 2018 3:58 pm

Dwayne Casey fired. I wonder who they will be able to find that can help this late into the coaching search.
darealjuice

Post#1656 » by darealjuice » Fri May 11, 2018 4:16 pm

I can't say I'm surprised to see him get fired, but firing Casey isn't going to stop them from getting swept by LeBron. I wonder how many coaches have been fired from their job prior to being awarded Coach of the Year lol?

It'll be interesting to see who they end up going after. Budenholzer is still on the market, and they have Jerry Stackhouse and Nick Nurse as solid internal candidates. Still plenty of solid head coaches looking for a job.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,413

Post#1657 » by Revived » Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 pm

darealjuice wrote:I wonder how many coaches have been fired from their job prior to being awarded Coach of the Year lol?

George Karl was the most recent one from just a few years back.
darealjuice

Post#1658 » by darealjuice » Fri May 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Revived wrote:
darealjuice wrote:I wonder how many coaches have been fired from their job prior to being awarded Coach of the Year lol?

George Karl was the most recent one from just a few years back.

Yeah but wasn't he fired after he got the award?
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,413

Post#1659 » by Revived » Sun May 13, 2018 7:59 am

Read on Twitter
NBA Fiend
Senior
And1: 212

Post#1660 » by NBA Fiend » Sun May 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Apparently Marcus is LeBrons kryptonite. Let's see how well the his works out for him. Good on you sir, way too get in his head and fill him with doubt.

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/cavs-vs-celtics-marcus-morris-says-hes-probably-the-best-at-defending-lebron-james-outside-of-kawhi/

Return to Phoenix Suns