Around the NBA

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,640

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1481 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 5:43 am

Maybe this is just wishful thinking but I hope LA sign Lebron and fail to get PG. With the LA distraction and still a poor team, the hope is that the LA signing will turn into a train wreck.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#1482 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Feb 7, 2018 5:48 am

bwgood77 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Cleveland capitulating against Orlando.

Memphis are 20 down to the worst record team at HT.

Cleveland fall to Orlando. Wow. That team has just fallen apart. Wonder where LeBron is going, because he definitely is leaving. Oh please McD, just leave him be! Don't try to do it.

The only team with cap space that is in the playoff picture is Philly. It's really a good question because unless some team clears major cap space....but I guess you can never count out the Lakers either.

i wonder how a Ball/Ingram/LeBron/Kuzma/Lopez team would do with Nance Jr, Randle and Josh Hart off the bench.

Suns could take Kuzma and a contract to the Lakers could sign LeBron. I would do that.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,477

Post#1483 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:15 am

jcsunsfan wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:Cleveland fall to Orlando. Wow. That team has just fallen apart. Wonder where LeBron is going, because he definitely is leaving. Oh please McD, just leave him be! Don't try to do it.

The only team with cap space that is in the playoff picture is Philly. It's really a good question because unless some team clears major cap space....but I guess you can never count out the Lakers either.

i wonder how a Ball/Ingram/LeBron/Kuzma/Lopez team would do with Nance Jr, Randle and Josh Hart off the bench.

Suns could take Kuzma and a contract to the Lakers could sign LeBron. I would do that.

They can already sign LeBron I believe, but Kuzma isn't going anywhere.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#1484 » by gaspar » Wed Feb 7, 2018 3:43 pm

Read on Twitter

The comments form the Cavs fans to this tweet :lol:
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#1485 » by jcsunsfan » Wed Feb 7, 2018 6:04 pm

gaspar wrote:
Read on Twitter

We vote you "Drama Queen for a Day!" Oh. Really? I am sorry. I thought that would be something special.
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#1486 » by wheezy » Thu Feb 8, 2018 7:59 pm

gaspar wrote:
Read on Twitter

"Now get the hell out!"
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#1487 » by kennydorglas » Fri Feb 9, 2018 2:10 am

Read on Twitter

i'm just LOL'ing with this news hahaha
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1488 » by thamadkant » Fri Feb 9, 2018 7:00 am

Thomas would be lucky to get 10 million a year.

I'm thinking 3 years 30 million. But he wants max... As in 25 million a year at 4 years ... That hip injury and bad attitude is going to cost him a lot.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#1489 » by Mulhollanddrive » Fri Feb 9, 2018 8:04 am

Detroit, New Orleans, San Antonio makes sense for about $10-15m.

People might prefer Jordan Clarkson over Isaiah Thomas but only 1 has a chance to win you a championship.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach

Post#1490 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Feb 9, 2018 4:42 pm

1UPZ wrote:Thomas would be lucky to get 10 million a year.

I'm thinking 3 years 30 million. But he wants max... As in 25 million a year at 4 years ... That hip injury and bad attitude is going to cost him a lot.

I can see why Ainge traded him. With all the sentiment in Boston, he would have looked horrible "lowballing" him. It was a no-win situation.

Oh. And he got Kyrie.
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#1491 » by thamadkant » Fri Feb 9, 2018 7:37 pm

Mulhollanddrive wrote:Detroit, New Orleans, San Antonio makes sense for about $10-15m.

People might prefer Jordan Clarkson over Isaiah Thomas but only 1 has a chance to win you a championship.

Detroit Pistons can use him. That team needs a x-factor scorer at the perimeter. Spurs need high defensive focused PGs.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1492 » by bwgood77 » Fri Feb 9, 2018 10:08 pm

1UPZ wrote:
Mulhollanddrive wrote:Detroit, New Orleans, San Antonio makes sense for about $10-15m.

Detroit Pistons can use him. That team needs a x-factor scorer at the perimeter. Spurs need high defensive focused PGs.

I won't be surprised if he ends up back in Sacramento. I think he was a fan favorite there and I don't know if it was the team didn't want him or one of their past coaches/Cousins, etc. But he kind of provides the opposite of what Fox does. Of course he'd want to start, but that still might not stop the Kings. They signed Randolph to start in front of second year Skal.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1493 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:20 am

This is interesting....look at the +/- numbers for the Heat and then look at Dragic and Winslow's shooting tonight. http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975567
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,640

Post#1494 » by lilfishi22 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 4:23 am

Combined 1 for 17 and a +24 plus/minus. Interesting....not sure what to make of it
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1495 » by darealjuice » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:13 am

Dame with 50 going into the 4th quarter. Dude is lighting it up.
Funky Tut
Bench Warmer
And1: 768

Post#1496 » by Funky Tut » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:38 am

Am I the only one not blow away by Clevelands trades? I mean everyone in the national media wants to anoint Gilbert to Jesus status, I mean they got younger but I just don't see them being any better than Boston and certainly not better than the top 3-4 teams in the West, maybe its just me? Lebron will walk no matter what, and Cleveland will return back to the armpit of the NBA.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#1497 » by Bogyo » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:29 am

Funky Tut wrote:Am I the only one not blow away by Clevelands trades? I mean everyone in the national media wants to anoint Gilbert to Jesus status, I mean they got younger but I just don't see them being any better than Boston and certainly not better than the top 3-4 teams in the West, maybe its just me? Lebron will walk no matter what, and Cleveland will return back to the armpit of the NBA.

Well, he certainly did not get PG13 or Russ or whatever, but I think he made the best out of the situation with these moves he orchestrated, and it's not like everybody bent over to do them service. He found the opportunities to take the malcontent and underperforming guys off his teams to other teams that have use for them (one way or another), and got guys who can actually contribute this season and going forward with or without LeBron. So hats off for him.

Their core for next year without LeBron is:
Hill/Clarkson
Hood/JR/Korver
Osman/Green
Love/Nance
Thomson/Zicic
+ about the 7th8thdraft pick which would be one of the Bridges boys, Carter or Knox. That is not a bottom team in the east, especially if they play with a chip on their shoulder to prove they are not totally trash without LeBron, and Love gets back a bit to his old ways and becomes a 20/10 type PF, and one of the Bridges contributes at SF/SG.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#1498 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:42 am

They traded away their championship ceiling but acquired competitive pieces for the future so Gilbert can sell.
Funky Tut
Bench Warmer
And1: 768

Post#1499 » by Funky Tut » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:43 am

Bogyo wrote:
Funky Tut wrote:Am I the only one not blow away by Clevelands trades? I mean everyone in the national media wants to anoint Gilbert to Jesus status, I mean they got younger but I just don't see them being any better than Boston and certainly not better than the top 3-4 teams in the West, maybe its just me? Lebron will walk no matter what, and Cleveland will return back to the armpit of the NBA.

Well, he certainly did not get PG13 or Russ or whatever, but I think he made the best out of the situation with these moves he orchestrated, and it's not like everybody bent over to do them service. He found the opportunities to take the malcontent and underperforming guys off his teams to other teams that have use for them (one way or another), and got guys who can actually contribute this season and going forward with or without LeBron. So hats off for him.

Their core for next year without LeBron is:
Hill/Clarkson
Hood/JR/Korver
Osman/Green
Love/Nance
Thomson/Zicic
+ about the 7th8thdraft pick which would be one of the Bridges boys, Carter or Knox. That is not a bottom team in the east, especially if they play with a chip on their shoulder to prove they are not totally trash without LeBron, and Love gets back a bit to his old ways and becomes a 20/10 type PF, and one of the Bridges contributes at SF/SG.

True, I think they got better, but only marginally, they aren't impressive and everyone know Lebron will walk but I think Gilbert did the best he could in am impending "doom" scenario. The national media is heralding Gilbert as the messiah for this trade but I just don't see them being any better than Boston or even Toronto, I could be wrong but I know for sure they aren't better than 1-3 in the West. It would be a GS sweep IMO if they meet in the finals.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM

Post#1500 » by Mulhollanddrive » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:44 am

If Thomas puts up 22 and 6 in LA they might have traded away a championship.

Return to Phoenix Suns