Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#1662 » by lilfishi22 » Tue May 22, 2018 12:47 am

bwgood77 wrote:Ainge likes wings...

Read on Twitter

???

I thought they didn't have a pick in this draft?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,457

Post#1663 » by bwgood77 » Tue May 22, 2018 1:12 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

Read on Twitter

???

I thought they didn't have a pick in this draft?

Well they've got a ton of assets.
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#1664 » by darealjuice » Thu May 24, 2018 7:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Looks like Jokic is getting rid of some bad weight. Dude supposedly draft 2-liters of soda a day as a kid, so he had his work cut out for him. That'll be big for his conditioning, hopefully it'll help him out with mobility and defense too. The tweet thread had a few more pictures and says that he isn't even officially working out yet. I'm interested to see what kind of shape he's in coming into the season.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1665 » by bwgood77 » Thu May 24, 2018 8:06 pm

Read on Twitter
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1666 » by lilfishi22 » Thu May 24, 2018 11:34 pm

Hmmm should I be surprised to see Dame on 1st Team All-NBA?
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Post#1667 » by King4Day » Fri May 25, 2018 12:02 pm

I am praying to the basketball gods that Paul's hammy injury isn't something that'll keep him out long.
They deserve to win it all or at least go down swinging.

Also, if they do reach the finals and boston beats them, I would be incensed.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1668 » by King4Day » Fri May 25, 2018 3:28 pm

Another thing. If Harden wins it this year, how great would it be to knock off KD by doing things the right way (so to speak)?
He wouldn't have taken the easy way out. The team was built to be balanced and only would have 2 stars.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1669 » by King4Day » Sat May 26, 2018 3:00 am

Game 7 coming in Boston. I hope the Cavs win. If the Rockets reach the finals and lose, I'd rather it be by James to further his greatness. Not Boston, who will be there for the next decade.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1670 » by King4Day » Sat May 26, 2018 3:35 am

Read on Twitter

Maybe they're talking to a team about the Kings pick, Kyrie, or Rozier. Very interesting.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#1671 » by batsmasher » Sun May 27, 2018 12:50 am

I'm posting this in Around the NBA because Mike James isn't *in* the NBA.

Can someone explain?

Read on Twitter
?s=19
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
Mischa
Junior
And1: 169

Post#1672 » by Mischa » Mon May 28, 2018 12:26 am

Thank you NBA for making sure people like me, Demar, Kevin and millions of others around the world don’t have to weather the storm alone. Such a class act.

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/249983/NBPA-Launches-Mental-Health-And-Wellness-Program
Going hard with a new lease on life!
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#1673 » by bigfoot » Mon May 28, 2018 3:22 am

batsmasher wrote:I'm posting this in Around the NBA because Mike James isn't *in* the NBA.

Can someone explain?

Read on Twitter
?s=19

I'm guessing it's about soccer looking at both of their feeds.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1674 » by King4Day » Mon May 28, 2018 5:24 am

I'm one of the biggest anti-LeBron-is-the-best-ever proponents but after this playoff run, it's hard not to seriously consider it. This dude is pushing mid-30's and is STILL the best player in the world. He just carried a team where the second best player isn't even an all-star (with Love missing the game).
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1675 » by King4Day » Mon May 28, 2018 5:00 pm

Reading that Irving missed last nights game to get deviated septum surgery. I've had that surgery twice before and you can schedule it whenever you want.
I think that shows he doesn't like what's going on in Boston without him and he couldn't have made it any more obvious. This dude either won't be a Celtic next year or moves will be made to appease him.

IMO, they are going to either let Smart go or work to move Rozier. They do need Irving to move the needle and win a ring.
Son of Ra
Rookie
And1: 1,012

Post#1676 » by Son of Ra » Mon May 28, 2018 7:57 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Reading that Irving missed last nights game to get deviated septum surgery. I've had that surgery twice before and you can schedule it whenever you want.
I think that shows he doesn't like what's going on in Boston without him and he couldn't have made it any more obvious. This dude either won't be a Celtic next year or moves will be made to appease him.

IMO, they are going to either let Smart go or work to move Rozier. They do need Irving to move the needle and win a ring.

I think they should trade Irving & Hayward for (an extended) Leonard. Supposedly the Spurs really wanted him when he was available last off-season. Who says no? I think it's a good trade for both. Maybe Boston could even get away with Irving, picks and/or players.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#1677 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 28, 2018 8:13 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Reading that Irving missed last nights game to get deviated septum surgery. I've had that surgery twice before and you can schedule it whenever you want.

I think they should trade Irving & Hayward for (an extended) Leonard. Supposedly the Spurs really wanted him when he was available last off-season. Who says no? I think it's a good trade for both. Maybe Boston could even get away with Irving, picks and/or players.

I wouldn't do that if I was Boston. They need Kyrie. His agent reported he wanted to be there. Both Hayward and Kyrie were not at many games and it was mentioned how it was tough for them to watch without being there. Boston definitely could use Kyrie and with both of them will be extremely tough.

I mean a lineup with Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum and Horford will be near unstoppable. They already have pretty much the best defense in the league and those guys are bought in. Kawhi seems a bit self absorbed at this point (or at least is listening to questionable people) and who knows about his health?
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#1678 » by lilfishi22 » Mon May 28, 2018 11:27 pm

You're reading into it way too much I think. This is literally the ideal situation for him. They got to the WCF and took Lebron to 7 without Hayward or him. There's honestly no better situation and he knows this. It's an inopportune time to do it but I wouldn't read much into it at all
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#1679 » by nevetsov » Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 am

Anyone have a stream for rockets v dubs? Not on local tv here and I'm not paying $13 to league pass for one game.
King4Day
RealGM

Post#1680 » by King4Day » Tue May 29, 2018 1:03 am

lilfishi22 wrote:

You're reading into it way too much I think. This is literally the ideal situation for him. They got to the WCF and took Lebron to 7 without Hayward or him. There's honestly no better situation and he knows this. It's an inopportune time to do it but I wouldn't read much into it at all

It'll be fun to see how Boston integrates all these guys. It'll be hard to see some of their guys accept less minutes and get less touches. Especially someone like Rozier.
The situation just shows Kyrie isn't a leader. It works out great for him in that it shows the C's need him more than ever. But it also shows he's selfish.

Return to Phoenix Suns