OT - Current Affairs/Events

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22, Kerrsed

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 36,350

OT - Current Affairs/Events 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 5:19 am

I figured with the current events going on in Dallas plus the election coming, people might be interested in a thread devoted to any discussion people have regarding any mainstream news, and with this being a worldwide group of fans, this doesn't have to be U.S. focused.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,711

Re: OT - Current Events/Politics 

Post#2 » by saintEscaton » Fri Jul 8, 2016 3:30 pm

Blue Lives Matter is a joke. The media coverage of the Dallas shootings has been unwatchable
Jonestown Suicide Squad

[. Sign the Petition To Force Sarver Into Selling Our Team

https://www.change.org/p/robert-sarver-sell-the-phoenix-suns-basketball-team-2

MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Post#3 » by MathiasPW » Fri Jul 8, 2016 3:32 pm

Anybody coming over for the Olympic games?

Chill about the zika stuff. It's blown out of proportion like all those epidemics.

Worry about everything else though
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jul 8, 2016 10:14 pm

MathiasPW wrote:Anybody coming over for the Olympic games?

Chill about the zika stuff. It's blown out of proportion like all those epidemics.

Are you going to go to any of the events?
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,694

Re: Re: OT - Current Events/Politics 

Post#5 » by MathiasPW » Fri Jul 8, 2016 11:04 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
MathiasPW wrote:Anybody coming over for the Olympic games?

Are you going to go to any of the events?

Of course not, that's for tourists who have earnings in USD.

I have a friend who is going to USA x Australia basketball match. That's a one in a lifetime experience for most. I lived 2 years in the US and had my fair share of NBA game experiences already, so really not all that worthy for me
Gorilla Warfare
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,724

Post#6 » by Gorilla Warfare » Fri Jul 8, 2016 11:55 pm

All I'll say about everything going on here is I'm jealous of the Aussie's on this forum. Seems like they have gun control figured out there. You know, non-existent.
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#7 » by batsmasher » Sat Jul 9, 2016 2:21 am

Gorilla Warfare wrote:All I'll say about everything going on here is I'm jealous of the Aussie's on this forum. Seems like they have gun control figured out there. You know, non-existent.

weeeeew. All that was needed was a PM with massive cajones (went against some within his party), the lack of a stupid constitutional right (which is like saying everyone must have the right to eat Skittles) and a population less than a tenth of the size of America without weird af state by state laws.

I'm not all over American news, but I get the sense that you could even put a figure on the number of people that would have to die in a mass shooting to prompt national gun control reform.

Personally, I can't even picture a world where there wasnt gun control, and I guess it's probably the opposite for you guys. I'd find it so incredibly unnerving to think any given person on the street could realistically have a gun. How can you possibly trust anyone?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Sat Jul 9, 2016 3:45 am

batsmasher wrote:
Gorilla Warfare wrote:All I'll say about everything going on here is I'm jealous of the Aussie's on this forum. Seems like they have gun control figured out there. You know, non-existent.

weeeeew. All that was needed was a PM with massive cajones (went against some within his party), the lack of a stupid constitutional right (which is like saying everyone must have the right to eat Skittles) and a population less than a tenth of the size of America without weird af state by state laws.

I'm not all over American news, but I get the sense that you could even put a figure on the number of people that would have to die in a mass shooting to prompt national gun control reform.

Personally, I can't even picture a world where there wasnt gun control, and I guess it's probably the opposite for you guys. I'd find it so incredibly unnerving to think any given person on the street could realistically have a gun. How can you possibly trust anyone?

Yes, it's crazy. The second amendment to our constitution, some 230 years ago, said people had the right to bear arms, and so many have hunting or just like shooting that they argue that every time anyone argues otherwise. We have an entity called the NRA (National Rifle Association) that must have a ton of money because they pay enough people off to fight against gun laws.

But it goes beyond that. You wouldn't believe how our country got divided between two parties. Over the years, what they were fighting for changed, but get this, one party is all about religion, no abortion, yet they think everyone needs guns. It's crazy. And the thing is, it's all likely propped up by idiotic talking heads on the radio influencing idiots into fighting for no gun control.
saintEscaton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,711