ImageImageImage

OT - Current Affairs/COVID/Vaccines, etc

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,188

Re: OT - Current Affairs/Events 

Post#261 » by King4Day » Sat Mar 21, 2020 9:28 pm

sunsbum wrote:Ive been preaching bidets for 5 years now. Do yourself a favor and spend 300 bucks on the fancy heated water/seat with remote. Seriously.

Also, you should check out what youve been shoving in your corn hole your entire life, how tp is made and what exactly is in white toilet paper specifically. *puts tin foil hat back on and climbs back into doomsday dumpster*

+1 on the bidets.
I have a $60 one and it connects to your hot water line too. You still have to dry yourself but it's insane how much TP you save.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#262 » by ATTL » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:31 am

My uncle has tested positive and has been intubated today. I expect the same for my aunt soon.

My dad's surgery has been pushed back and might lose his leg if it isn't done soon.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#263 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:37 am

ATTL wrote:My uncle has tested positive and has been intubated today. I expect the same for my aunt soon.

My dad's surgery has been pushed back and might lose his leg if it isn't done soon.
Sorry to hear that. Scary stuff and I hope things take a turn for the better for your family.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#264 » by Bogyo » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:07 pm

ATTL wrote:My uncle has tested positive and has been intubated today. I expect the same for my aunt soon.

Hang in there. I had some family's operations pushed back as well. Doctors say it's still fine for us, but can't really help but wonder...
We're in this together, thoughts and prayers with you and your loved ones.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,633

Post#265 » by Saberestar » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:27 pm

Sorry for your tough days.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,044

Post#266 » by bwgood77 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:58 pm

Wow, sorry to hear that. As for the surgery, that doesn't sound very "elective"...sounds pretty important.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#267 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Mar 26, 2020 2:07 am

Damn....my thoughts are with you and your family
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Wilber85
Veteran
And1: 2,421

2020 NBA Playoff discussion 

Post#268 » by Wilber85 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:55 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
cberry78 wrote:https://www.nba.com/article/2020/08/26/milwaukee-bucks-orlando-magic-game-5-delayed

Good on them.

I wonder what will happen next. Do they boycott just for one game or do they boycott until some thing (reform) happens?

For the boycott to be lifted, i would have to imagine all players (100% agreement) has to agree. If a handful disagree on the boycott lifting, the rest looks like sellout. Interesting situation.

What reform? Biden put it together in 94, and this happened in Bush's time, Obama's time, and Trump's time. Might as well cancel the NBA this year, and let them go out and protest, and do things they want.

Sad to see this happening, yet they do not care at all about 3 year old Mekhi James who was killed in south side Chicago plus many more, do not get this anger associated with it.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,633

Re: 2020 NBA Playoff discussion 

Post#269 » by Saberestar » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:56 pm

Read on Twitter
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#270 » by Wilber85 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:57 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

What is boycotting going to do? They didn't care about this when Obama was president. Not one peep
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#271 » by Flying Colors » Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:54 pm

Right on for the players, I support them.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,150

Post#272 » by bigfoot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:17 pm

GoodBehavior wrote:
cberry78 wrote:https://www.nba.com/article/2020/08/26/milwaukee-bucks-orlando-magic-game-5-delayed

Good on them.

I wonder what will happen next. Do they boycott just for one game or do they boycott until some thing (reform) happens?

For the boycott to be lifted, i would have to imagine all players (100% agreement) has to agree. If a handful disagree on the boycott lifting, the rest looks like sellout. Interesting situation.

I would really like the NBA to give the players a platform to speak on National TV instead of just the BLM logo on the floor and jerseys. Honestly, Silver should work with TNT and ESPN to make it happen. The player reps (e.g., Chris Paul, etc) should have a courtside round table talking about the issues with politicians from around the country who want to be part of the solution.
bigfoot

Post#273 » by bigfoot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:21 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

Good on them.

What reform? Biden put it together in 94, and this happened in Bush's time, Obama's time, and Trump's time. Might as well cancel the NBA this year, and let them go out and protest, and do things they want.

Sad to see this happening, yet they do not care at all about 3 year old Mekhi James who was killed in south side Chicago plus many more, do not get this anger associated with it.

Watch this and you may better understand the issues. It will take about an hour and 45 minutes of your time but would be well worth it. Consider it a good replacement for the games you might have watched that have been postponed.

Wilber85
Veteran

Post#274 » by Wilber85 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 pm

bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:
GoodBehavior wrote:

Watch this and you may better understand the issues. It will take about an hour and 45 minutes of your time but would be well worth it. Consider it a good replacement for the games you might have watched that have been postponed.

I understand the issues of the past and present. My question is what reform? What are they going to boycott? What is the end goal? What do they want out of the boycott? Cannot just boycott 1 day and expect change.

Also - I am saying why do they not care about that 3 year old African American boy who was killed in south Chicago? Why are they only against White Police Officer ?
sunsbum
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,641

Post#275 » by sunsbum » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:24 pm

Please never come back. You're platform is tainted and it wreaks of contradictory virtue signaling. When you sweep human rights under the rug in the name of money like you did for China and then look the other way as you proudly shine youre badge of "equality" when Montrell Harris calls Doncic a bitch ass white boy. **** this ****. I won't even mention Meyers Leonard. These criminals had every chance in the world to turn their life around and become the father, brother, son that their families talk about...untill they didn't. Take responsibility for your own **** actions.
Flex is now your father.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Post#276 » by Revived » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:43 pm

I think what happened near Milwaukee was pretty awful. The guy had his back turned and did not visibly show a weapon in a threatening fashion.

That being said, I’m a bit confused about the boycott. Employees usually boycott to protest against their employers. The NBA is already on the players side on the BLM movement and have committed to donating hundreds of millions of dollars for black jobs and improving black Ives in America. Plus the logo at center court, jersey names, commercials and mandatory discussions by commentators about BLM for every game.

I don’t understand what more the players are expecting from the NBA itself.

If this is about raising awareness, it’s already been done. I think everyone still watching sports is more than aware of what’s going on. Change can’t be done overnight or in a few weeks. It starts obviously by voting in the right people at all levels of government (not just the federal level).

The people who are against the BLM movement completely aren’t gonna change their mind because of the players boycotting the games. Most of those people probably stopped watching games early on anyway.

I just don’t get it. Feels like the only people this affects us the NBA itself. If the players decide to cancel the season, man is Adam Silver gonna be pissed. The league spend millions of dollars on establishing the bubble and countless number of people’s hard work went into securing it and make it safe while giving the players a platform to voice their opinions. The league gave the players an option of whether they want to come to the bubble or not as well.

Did the players really think that when they came into the bubble in July that all these police incidents would suddenly stop? Surely they knew that’s not how it works. Whether they stay in the bubble and complete the season or not, there will be more police related incidents and shootings happening in the future. Change will take time.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#277 » by Wilber85 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:47 pm

Revived wrote:I think what happened near Milwaukee was pretty awful. The guy had his back turned and did not visibly show a weapon in a threatening fashion.

That being said, I’m a bit confused about the boycott. Employees usually boycott to protest against their employers. The NBA is already on the players side on the BLM movement and have committed to donating hundreds of millions of dollars for black jobs and improving black Ives in America. Plus the logo at center court, jersey names, commercials and mandatory discussions by commentators about BLM for every game.

I don’t understand what more the players are expecting from the NBA itself.

If this is about raising awareness, it’s already been done. I think everyone still watching sports is more than aware of what’s going on. Change can’t be done overnight or in a few weeks. It starts obviously by voting in the right people at all levels of government (not just the federal level).

The people who are against the BLM movement completely aren’t gonna change their mind because of the players boycotting the games. Most of those people probably stopped watching games early on anyway.

I just don’t get it. Feels like the only people this affects us the NBA itself. If the players decide to cancel the season, man is Adam Silver gonna be pissed. The league spend millions of dollars on establishing the bubble and countless number of people’s hard work went into securing it and make it safe while giving the players a platform to voice their opinions. The league gave the players an option of whether they want to come to the bubble or not as well.

Did the players really think that when they came into the bubble in July that all these police incidents would suddenly stop? Surely they knew that’s not how it works. Whether they stay in the bubble and complete the season or not, there will be more police related incidents and shootings happening in the future. Change will take time.

All the info isn't even out yet for the case. Guy fought cops, got tased, aggressively walked to front seat and reached down. Yes he didn't deserve 8 shots, etc. but that is taking a chance.

Blame the cops for letting him get to the car, but also blame him for going to the car and reaching down. Thankful he is still alive.

Also on the 911 call the girl called and stated he is taking car, kids, and the guy was a felon , sex offender. The past doesn't make him deserve to be shot, but they would rather protest and boycott for that guy than a 3 year old African American being murdered in Chicago. It is crazy to me.
Wilber85
Veteran

Post#278 » by Wilber85 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:48 pm

Ya'll want no police? If I were the police I would stop going on calls.

Without police the crime rate will sky rocket. Just wait
bigfoot

Post#279 » by bigfoot » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:50 pm

Wilber85 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
Wilber85 wrote:

I understand the issues of the past and present. My question is what reform? What are they going to boycott? What is the end goal? What do they want out of the boycott? Cannot just boycott 1 day and expect change.

Also - I am saying why do they not care about that 3 year old African American boy who was killed in south Chicago? Why are they only against White Police Officer ?

I think you are making a big assumption that they don't care. I think lots of people care that a 3-year old was killed. That is why you hear calls for gun legislation, as a Republican I support mental background checks and closing loopholes for selling firearms at gun shows. Stupidity is doing the same thing over and over and not making changes that protect the majority of U.S. Citizens all in the name of "a well-regulated militia".

Second, I don't believe they are against the "White Police Officer". I believe they are against the systemic treatment of Blacks, historically, by law enforcement. If you truly have watched this video I linked then you should be horrified that the U.S. still has "legal" slavery in our country. Yes ... legalized slavery exists and is being run by corporations in the U.S and stockholders are making money off of it. It certainly impacts Blacks and Hispanics at a much higher rate than whites.

Finally, it's fairly obvious they can't make reform happen in one day. What they can do is push people to register and vote for politicians who are willing to address the problem of racial justice/inequality. Personally I'm tired of the ultra-liberal left and the ultra-conservative right running our media and our country. My hope is the middle majority of moderate Repubs, Dems, and Independents start putting their foot on the throat of these crazy azzholes. It's time people started voting for moderate candidates instead of towing the crazy-azz party line.
sunskerr
General Manager
And1: 5,291

Post#280 » by sunskerr » Wed Aug 26, 2020 11:55 pm

bigfoot wrote:I'm tired of the ultra-liberal left running our media and our country.

Small correction. This...simply does not exist

Return to Phoenix Suns