ImageImageImage

Marquese Chriss News, Discussion and Highlights (New Poll)

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Re: Marquese Chriss News, Discussion and Highlights 

Post#361 » by Mulhollanddrive » Thu Jan 4, 2018 12:22 am

What's he going to look like at 22 in 2020?

18 points, 8 rebounds, 1 block (similar to Aaron Gordon).

During this stretch of last few games he is 13-8-1 per 30.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#362 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Jan 4, 2018 12:41 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:What's he going to look like at 22 in 2020?

I'm more a realist than an optimist so I'd prefer to look at his body of work thus far than try and extrapolate his last 4-5 games. If he continues with his streak of good games then it'll be different.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#363 » by RaisingArizona » Thu Jan 4, 2018 1:08 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:What's he going to look like at 22 in 2020?

Just goes to show that all these hot takes, mine included, are really bad in hindsight.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,817

Post#364 » by Saberestar » Sat Jan 6, 2018 4:22 pm

The past 7 games Chriss is averaging 12.7 points, 7.4 rebounds, 1.9 assists, 1.6 steals, 1.4 blocks and 3 TOs while shooting .507% FGs and .387% from threes.
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#365 » by Saberestar » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Read on Twitter
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#366 » by gaspar » Thu Feb 1, 2018 4:57 am

Read on Twitter
Saberestar
RealGM

Post#367 » by Saberestar » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:07 pm

In a short but revealing interview following the Suns’ shootaround Wednesday, Chriss said he can’t explain why he isn’t playing with the same aggressive mindset he had during a six-game stretch in December and January when he averaged 12.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game while shooting 50.9 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from 3-point range.

“I don’t know,” Chriss said. “If I did, I’d probably be able to change it faster. I just think there’s some things I need to face and need to correct and just do it as fast as possible. Like I said, if I knew what it was, I’d try to change it quickly.”

Later, without going into detail, Chriss said, "There’s a lot of stuff going on. I’m just trying to get the most out of the situation I’m in and just try to persevere through a lot of things that are going on.”

Chriss also had a curious reply when asked if he was looking forward to the All-Star break. He talked about getting healthy and getting back into a rhythm but then ended his response by saying he was looking forward to some time by himself.

https://amp.azcentral.com/amp/338523002?__twitter_impression=true
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#368 » by bwgood77 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:13 pm

Saberestar wrote:
In a short but revealing interview following the Suns’ shootaround Wednesday, Chriss said he can’t explain why he isn’t playing with the same aggressive mindset he had during a six-game stretch in December and January when he averaged 12.8 points and 8.3 rebounds per game while shooting 50.9 percent from the field and 40.7 percent from 3-point range.

“I don’t know,” Chriss said. “If I did, I’d probably be able to change it faster. I just think there’s some things I need to face and need to correct and just do it as fast as possible. Like I said, if I knew what it was, I’d try to change it quickly.”

Later, without going into detail, Chriss said, "There’s a lot of stuff going on. I’m just trying to get the most out of the situation I’m in and just try to persevere through a lot of things that are going on.”

Chriss also had a curious reply when asked if he was looking forward to the All-Star break. He talked about getting healthy and getting back into a rhythm but then ended his response by saying he was looking forward to some time by himself.

Wow, that last part is interesting. He must really be down about something. Hopefully he comes back rejuvenated. He was such a bright spot last season.

Hopefully he doesn't read this board for all the quick takes.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#369 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:

Wow, that last part is interesting. He must really be down about something. Hopefully he comes back rejuvenated. He was such a bright spot last season.

Hopefully he doesn't read this board for all the quick takes.

I still believe in Quese. I hope he can get out of his funk. He's got a bright future in this league if he's able to figure out things out. I hope that when he does, he's still in a Suns uni. But sometimes, players need new environments in order to really blossom.

If I were another team, I'd be interested in acquiring Marquese. If I'm the Suns, I want him to succeed here. But what does Marquese want?

There's so much in life to figure out when you're young. You really don't know what you love, yet. Do you love this game? Or do you think you can turn it on if something... or just that one thing... happens?
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,691

Post#370 » by Qwigglez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:30 am

Really seems like Chriss is having some kind of life purpose crisis. Seems like he is questioning whether or not he even wants to play basketball. Maybe it's just me, but my buddy quit playing college football because he said he just wasn't having fun with it anymore, Chriss could be in a similar situation.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#371 » by bigfoot » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:38 am

Qwigglez wrote:Really seems like Chriss is having some kind of life purpose crisis. Seems like he is questioning whether or not he even wants to play basketball. Maybe it's just me, but my buddy quit playing college football because he said he just wasn't having fun with it anymore, Chriss could be in a similar situation.

Here's the problem
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

Post#372 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:39 am

bigfoot wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:Really seems like Chriss is having some kind of life purpose crisis. Seems like he is questioning whether or not he even wants to play basketball. Maybe it's just me, but my buddy quit playing college football because he said he just wasn't having fun with it anymore, Chriss could be in a similar situation.

Here's the problem

Gadooooooosh!
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,462

Post#373 » by bwgood77 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:01 am

lilfishi22 wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

Here's the problem

Gadooooooosh!

Hopefully he didn't get her pregnant or something unintentionally.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,974

Post#374 » by garrick » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:44 pm

bigfoot wrote:

Here's the problem

With a girl like that I would lose motivation for the game as well. :lol:
m1chal
Rookie
And1: 825

Post#375 » by m1chal » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:56 pm

With a girl like this general exhaustion and lack of interest in basketball is somewhat justified :D
Blonde
Veteran
And1: 3,723

Post#376 » by Blonde » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:18 pm

I remember during summer league before Chriss's first NBA game, we were playing Portland. I think it was Noah Vonleh who kept posting up Chriss on the block and scored on him twice in a row. The third time down they went to Vonleh in the post again and he spun off Chriss for a fadeaway jumper and Chriss just gave up and stood there. No contest, no hands up, nothing. He pouted before Vonleh even released the ball. It was the biggest attitude red flag I've ever seen on an NBA court. I've never let go of that play. Anyone else remember this?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#377 » by ATTL » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:30 pm

Blonde wrote:I remember during summer league before Chriss's first NBA game, we were playing Portland. I think it was Noah Vonleh who kept posting up Chriss on the block and scored on him twice in a row. The third time down they went to Vonleh in the post again and he spun off Chriss for a fadeaway jumper and Chriss just gave up and stood there. No contest, no hands up, nothing. He pouted before Vonleh even released the ball. It was the biggest attitude red flag I've ever seen on an NBA court. I've never let go of that play. Anyone else remember this?

I thought it was preseason but i remember that. It was awful and was a preview of his defensive effort.
Blonde
Veteran

Post#378 » by Blonde » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:46 pm

ATTL wrote:
Blonde wrote:I remember during summer league before Chriss's first NBA game, we were playing Portland. I think it was Noah Vonleh who kept posting up Chriss on the block and scored on him twice in a row. The third time down they went to Vonleh in the post again and he spun off Chriss for a fadeaway jumper and Chriss just gave up and stood there. No contest, no hands up, nothing. He pouted before Vonleh even released the ball. It was the biggest attitude red flag I've ever seen on an NBA court. I've never let go of that play. Anyone else remember this?

I thought it was preseason but i remember that. It was awful and was a preview of his defensive effort.

Yes you are right it was preseason.
kennydorglas
Suns Forum Statistical Savant
And1: 5,983

Post#379 » by kennydorglas » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:07 pm

If i'm not mistaken, Chriss started to talk crap to them and Dame/McCollum just went after him w/ Vonleh lol.
Tried to find that play on nba.com but couldnt make it work. It was really bad.
"I got nothing to prove in this league. I’m a max player, and I’ll continue to be a max player."
Five foot Eighton

“No matter what you do or how you do it, as long as you have true passion you will succeed.”
Luis “WEEZY” Egurrola
Blonde
Veteran

Post#380 » by Blonde » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:38 pm

Here's the video for anyone interested. Go to 8 minutes.

Return to Phoenix Suns