ImageImageImage

What were you doing the last time we made playoffs?

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,637

What were you doing the last time we made playoffs? 

Post#1 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:45 am

Bit of a fun thread :D

In case you've been living under a rock, the last time we made playoffs was during the 2009-2010 season. Amare was still an elite talent and we swept the Spurs.

I got done with uni not too long before the start of that season and I was looking to get my foot in the door of the industry I wanted to get into. I was still living at home so I had a bit of cash to waste on partying, hanging out with friends and gaming. I had also just started lifting so back then I was a good 30lbs lighter. :lift:

What were you up to?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Maystack
Senior
And1: 184

Re: What were you doing the last time we made playoffs? 

Post#2 » by Maystack » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:52 am

I was finishing up with my second year of college and I think I had probably received my acceptance letter to University at that point so it was a lot of being nervous and preparing to move out.

It was actually when I started watching basketball as well. I wanted to get into the sport so I watched a couple of playoff games to see if there any teams there that I liked the look of. I picked the right one, although we haven't been back to the playoffs since I started following the team.
8on
RealGM
And1: 3,194

Post#3 » by 8on » Mon Sep 26, 2016 8:08 am

i was about to graduate from high school. my senior prom was right around the corner, which is around the time i realized that i had made 1 or 2 friends in high school, as opposed to the 8 or 9 close friends i thought i had made. i had bombed my Juilliard audition, i was choosing between a bunch of second choices, but Sasha Vujacic and Goran Dragic!!!!!! nothing makes my day like a little Suns/Lakers bad blood. i knew we probably didn't have a chance to win the Western Conference Finals, but we played our arses off. i really thought we'd be back the next year......never thought Amar'e would bolt like that. pretty sure we had a much better team than the Knicks at that time. they basically had nothing......ah well.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,688

Post#4 » by Qwigglez » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:18 am

I moved from Arizona to North Carolina on January 1st 2010. Later was in the Navy's Delayed Entry Program waiting to get sent to bootcamp. Doing some mostly lame workouts that consist of P90X and then shooting hoops at ECU. Went to bootcamp near Chicago, two months later went to my training command in San Diego where I caught a couple 2010-11 Suns games on TV.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#5 » by MathiasPW » Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:25 pm

Moved from Brazil to Boston for an MBA. Re-energized my love for the NBA and saw Nash kick Celtics ass in the Garden in the year the Celts eventually went to the finals vs the Lakers
LV-Suns
Analyst
And1: 1,911

Post#6 » by LV-Suns » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:03 pm

Senior year of high school. The Suns made me extra drunk in college.
I Dont wanna be here
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#7 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 11:34 pm

It's crazy how long it's been since our last playoff appearance. When I started watching the Suns, we were a perennial playoff team and to miss playoffs after playoffs it's disappointing but at the same time, I kind of understand where we're at. It's a good thing we have a Booker to watch develop.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Post#8 » by King4Day » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:28 pm

I was visiting NY and missed most of game 5 I think it was. I remember running into the house I was staying at and turning the game on....just in time to see Artest's putback :(
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#9 » by Qwigglez » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:23 pm

^so basically it's your fault. Had you not done that maybe we would have won. Thnks Darkhawk...
Kyler Murray
Suns Forum Fantasy GOD
And1: 690

Post#10 » by Kyler Murray » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:23 am

Making fun of my friend who's a Spurs fan.
Superhuman
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,008

Post#11 » by Superhuman » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:17 pm

Ulquiorra wrote:Making fun of my friend who's a Spurs fan.

For me, getting made fun of by my friend whose a Lakers fan. :lol: :-?
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,482

Post#12 » by ATTL » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:49 pm

Living in Oregon with am ex girlfriend. Went to game 3 of the blazers series wearing my amare jersey. Was good fun
Phystic
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#13 » by Phystic » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:00 pm

Qwigglez wrote:^so basically it's your fault. Had you not done that maybe we would have won. Thnks Darkhawk...

I don't know. We could also blame Maystack because he became a Suns fan the year our demise started. Or we could even blame you for leaving the state and starting out downward spiral. :lol:

As for me, really not anything exciting. Since we made the playoffs, I saw a 4 year relationship come, bought my first new car, and am now looking at buying a house(hasn't happened, so not sure if this counts :nonono: )
TASTIC
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,330

Post#14 » by TASTIC » Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:02 am

It feels like I was going from crawling to walking and peeing by myself. That long ago.

In reality, had just finished a year living in Toronto and moved back to NZ with my girlfriend/now wife.

And as others said, rubbing it in to any Spurs fan I hadn't burned bridges with yet!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,454

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:23 am

TASTIC wrote:It feels like I was going from crawling to walking and peeing by myself. That long ago.

In reality, had just finished a year living in Toronto and moved back to NZ with my girlfriend/now wife.

And as others said, rubbing it in to any Spurs fan I hadn't burned bridges with yet!

You have way too good of a life traveling. I was sitting here in Austin taking a sabbatical from work watching the Suns with a girl I was living with, watching Dragic carve them up just thinking "can we finally knock them out in a year where knocking them out would mean we win it all?"

Of course we don't knock them out when the road is a not so great Utah team in the WCF and a not so great Cavs team in the finals, or even in a nice battle with the Pistons in 2005. But the juggernaut Kobe/Gasol/Odom/Bynum team and had we gotten past them it would have been Rondo/Allen/Pierce and KG waiting. The fortune of the Suns.

Time for Booker, Bender, Warren and Chriss to be our saviors.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#16 » by Qwigglez » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:54 am

Phystic wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:^so basically it's your fault. Had you not done that maybe we would have won. Thnks Darkhawk...

I don't know. We could also blame Maystack because he became a Suns fan the year our demise started. Or we could even blame you for leaving the state and starting out downward spiral. :lol:

As for me, really not anything exciting. Since we made the playoffs, I saw a 4 year relationship come, bought my first new car, and am now looking at buying a house(hasn't happened, so not sure if this counts :nonono: )

Can't blame me at all. If anything you can thank me because the Suns had never knocked out the Spurs while I was in Arizona, as soon as I leave, boom win 4-1.
Maybe if I move back to Arizona though they'll start making the playoffs...
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#17 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:36 am

I love how this thread has turned into a blame game for the Suns demise lol
alldayeveryday
Veteran
And1: 1,148

Post#18 » by alldayeveryday » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:00 am

Drove home from work, caught the ending of J-Rich hitting the half-court shot sending us into OT.

Then watching Artest with the put back because we didn't box out. So much feels, it hurts. :(
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#19 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:55 am

Was working with some clients in sweet Kingman and was staying in Laughlin playing craps and boozing it up.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
NE1Care
Junior
And1: 278

Post#20 » by NE1Care » Thu Oct 6, 2016 1:37 am

I had just moved to San Diego. The Suns were my link to my home. They are still the only team I follow like a true fan.
"“It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena,” —Theodore Roosevelt

Return to Phoenix Suns