OT - UFC/Boxing

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Re: OT - UFC 

Post#21 » by batsmasher » Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:38 am

lilfishi22 wrote:Did you read about Rashad Evans first not getting licensed by NYSAC and now his bout on 206 is scrapped because he's the Ontario SAC isn't giving him a license to fighter either.

If Suga doesn't getting licensed how does guys like Lil Nog and BJ get licensed?

I haven't been following the sport long enough to know much about the older guys. It doesn't make much sense to me. Fighting in your late 30s especially can't be good for the brain. I wouldn't be outraged at all if more SACs stop giving out licenses.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,427

Post#22 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:22 am

batsmasher wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:Did you read about Rashad Evans first not getting licensed by NYSAC and now his bout on 206 is scrapped because he's the Ontario SAC isn't giving him a license to fighter either.

If Suga doesn't getting licensed how does guys like Lil Nog and BJ get licensed?

I haven't been following the sport long enough to know much about the older guys. It doesn't make much sense to me. Fighting in your late 30s especially can't be good for the brain. I wouldn't be outraged at all if more SACs stop giving out licenses.

Any of these guys on Fox any good? One guy is bloody now. It doesn't look like the main card of the night.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,628

Post#23 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:42 am

You mean the commentators?
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#24 » by bwgood77 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:28 am

lilfishi22 wrote:You mean the commentators?

No the guys fighting. Right now Diaz vs someone.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#25 » by lilfishi22 » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:18 am

bwgood77 wrote:
lilfishi22 wrote:You mean the commentators?

No the guys fighting. Right now Diaz vs someone.

Oh...no idea
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: OT - UFC/Boxing 

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 3:52 am

Anyone watching this Manny/Horn fight?
batsmasher
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,231

Post#27 » by batsmasher » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:11 am

bwgood77 wrote:Anyone watching this Manny/Horn fight?

Based on my twitter feed it sounds like the judges weren't.
de'aaron fox will be a hof'er, don't @ me
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#28 » by bwgood77 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 5:31 am

batsmasher wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Anyone watching this Manny/Horn fight?

Based on my twitter feed it sounds like the judges weren't.

I was surprised a fight like this was on espn, but it was a great fight. Horn was the aggressor for the most part. I don't think he won, but it wasn't clear cut. Looking at the stats, Horn definitely lost, and watching it, Manny probably won...but the thing is, Horn's punches, the ones he did connect on, probably had more effect...stats on % of punches landed doesn't record how hard those punches were. I think when Horn hit a punch it was as effective as Manny hitting 2. They both seem like great guys...it's hard to know who to pull for. I don't think it was a super clear cut fight like one of the announcers and Stephen A Smith think...it was close. Great story anyway for Horn.
alldayeveryday
Veteran
And1: 1,148

Post#29 » by alldayeveryday » Sun Jul 2, 2017 6:02 am

This is why I laugh when the "boxing purists" make fun of Mayweather/McGregor. What about boxing is pure? That was such an obv. Manny win.

Read on Twitter
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#30 » by DaleyBlind » Sun Jul 2, 2017 7:28 am

Sucked in Pacquiao. And LOL at ESPN. Horn is a legend.
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#31 » by gaspar » Sun Jul 2, 2017 7:29 am

Boxing is dead.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#32 » by DirtyDez » Sun Jul 2, 2017 7:55 am

Teddy Atlas is a national treasure. Too bad boxing has became a joke that he doesn't get more face time.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#33 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Jul 2, 2017 9:51 am

Worth a watch?

I'm pretty keen for May-Mac. I keep playing the fight in my head and I can see Floyd winning by KO. ... Mayweather hasn't KO'd anyone in years but I just see Conor tiring out after throwing air punches round after round and Mayweather slowly but surely start sapping away at a tired Conor before putting him away in the later rounds. Not too dissimilar to McGregor/Diaz 1
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#34 » by Biff » Tue Jul 4, 2017 6:44 pm

McGregor is in over his head. Quite possibly the worst kind of matchup for him given that Floyd is one of the best defensive boxers ever. His only shot is knocking Floyd out and I'm extremely skeptical of that being possible. If Floyd were a 40-year-old slugger maybe McGregor could have a chance of slipping one in and knocking him down but yeah, that isn't Floyd's game.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,081

Post#35 » by SlovenianDragon » Wed Jul 5, 2017 5:43 am

I'm not a big fan of boxing I watch all the big fights and stuff and a big problem I see is the hugging to stop getting beat on.

I think Hugs or whatever u call it needs to penalized and judged for whoever initiates it.

Like lets sat McGregor has Mayweather in a corner and Mayweather just holds him to escape that's some bs and should be heavily penalized.

I think that could fix boxing. Make the guys actually stand their ground.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#36 » by carey » Wed Jul 5, 2017 6:14 am

Biff wrote:McGregor is in over his head. Quite possibly the worst kind of matchup for him given that Floyd is one of the best defensive boxers ever. His only shot is knocking Floyd out and I'm extremely skeptical of that being possible. If Floyd were a 40-year-old slugger maybe McGregor could have a chance of slipping one in and knocking him down but yeah, that isn't Floyd's game.

Agreed. He should have boxed a few people not of the caliber of Floyd first. They both want that payday though and they never would have got it if Connor lost to a nobody. I wouldn't pay a dime for this fight because there's just no way Connor catches him. Usually I'll give someone the old puncher's chance. I wanted Canelo to beat him so bad when they fought, but even as good as Canelo is he couldn't touch Floyd. I just can't even give that much to Connor here. In fact, with Connor's ability to take punishment I'll go on record and say this thing is going to be boring as hell. Floyd will win a unanimous decision and Connor will go enjoy his $50M or whatever he makes on this thing.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns

Post#37 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Jul 5, 2017 7:49 am

What I find weird is the odds of Floyd knocking out McGregor is higher than the chance of Floyd winning by decision. I thought I was in the minority of people who thought Floyd, who hasn't KO'd an opponent since 2007, would win by KO.
RedIndian
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,807

Post#38 » by RedIndian » Wed Jul 5, 2017 12:51 pm

Canelo-GGG is the fight to watch. Will be the most epic boxing match-up in years.
carey
Assistant Coach

Post#39 » by carey » Wed Jul 5, 2017 4:05 pm

lilfishi22 wrote:What I find weird is the odds of Floyd knocking out McGregor is higher than the chance of Floyd winning by decision. I thought I was in the minority of people who thought Floyd, who hasn't KO'd an opponent since 2007, would win by KO.

You think Floyd is going to knock him out? Why do you think so?
carey
Assistant Coach

Post#40 » by carey » Wed Jul 5, 2017 4:06 pm

RedIndian wrote:Canelo-GGG is the fight to watch. Will be the most epic boxing match-up in years.

Yes! This is the one I'm most looking forward to, but I have to tell you after the judges the other night.... I just hope neither fighter leaves it in the hands of the judges.

Return to Phoenix Suns