ImageImageImage

Big Sauce

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Re: Big Sauce 

Post#61 » by Fo-Real » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:18 pm

I love me some Allan, but does anyone else wish he could lean out, get quicker and be able to be able to be a pick and roll bruiser Pf. while on the floor with guys like Len and Ty Chandler?!?!
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#62 » by matt131 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:29 pm

Fo-Real wrote:I love me some Allan, but does anyone else wish he could lean out, get quicker and be able to be able to be a pick and roll bruiser Pf. while on the floor with guys like Len and Ty Chandler?!?!

Well, he's pretty short to begin with, especially for a center. I think his weight is pretty good where it is, and allows him to box out and grab a ton of boards. He's had that same body type since college and definitely used it to his advantage. Watching him play college, I am surprised he has become what he is today. Pleased and grateful, but surprised. I thought his lack of elite athleticism would hold him back, but I think he has found a way to use his size and weight to his advantage. I think him getting leaner actually rids him of his abilities. I don't think losing weight would allow him to finish above the rim or get to the rack any better. I think his size allows him to box out, not get pushed around in the lane, and he has perfected his floater. That's just my opinion though! Maybe he does lean out and get a bit more agile. Obviously the team will know what to do.
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Post#63 » by Fo-Real » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:55 pm

He has for sure maximized his potential by being smarter and more crafty than others while not matching up athletically, ala the king JARED DUDLEY. if he were to lean down and got in the best possible shape, he would be quicker in my opinion and able to match up better with pfs athletically, since he is really short to be a C although he does have really long arms. I don't think it will change his strength too much, and I think his brain is why he is good at rebounding. Just a thought, I formally fantasized about the same with Duds when he was here the first time. How ihe had an elite brain and if he was half the athlete of Amare or even Sweet Lou Amundsen at the time, that be could be a damn all-star.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Re: RE: Re: Big Sauce 

Post#64 » by carey » Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:31 pm

Fo-Real wrote:He has for sure maximized his potential by being smarter and more crafty than others while not matching up athletically, ala the king JARED DUDLEY. if he were to lean down and got in the best possible shape, he would be quicker in my opinion and able to match up better with pfs athletically, since he is really short to be a C although he does have really long arms. I don't think it will change his strength too much, and I think his brain is why he is good at rebounding. Just a thought, I formally fantasized about the same with Duds when he was here the first time. How ihe had an elite brain and if he was half the athlete of Amare or even Sweet Lou Amundsen at the time, that be could be a damn all-star.
Nooooo. His wide body is why he was able to help the offense so much. If you can go read the BSotS article about it. Good read.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,814

Post#65 » by Saberestar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,452

Post#66 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:20 am

Read on Twitter
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#67 » by LukasBMW » Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude, any idea what the name of that song at the end is? I actually dig it. Need some new stuff for my gym mixtape.

Where do ya come from? PHOENIX!
Where was ya born? PHOENIX!
Where do ya score? PHOENIX!
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#68 » by gaspar » Mon Jan 8, 2018 3:47 pm

Read on Twitter
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,403

Post#69 » by Revived » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:53 pm

LukasBMW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dude, any idea what the name of that song at the end is? I actually dig it. Need some new stuff for my gym mixtape.

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#70 » by bwgood77 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:25 pm

Read on Twitter
LukasBMW
Suns Forum SlamDRUNK Contributor
And1: 4,286

Post#71 » by LukasBMW » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure why we don't just give him the rest of the year off and let his knee heal fully.

I guess he feels like he needs to play for his contract though as we could still just dump him.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#72 » by bwgood77 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:47 pm

Read on Twitter
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#73 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:20 pm

LukasBMW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not sure why we don't just give him the rest of the year off and let his knee heal fully.

I guess he feels like he needs to play for his contract though as we could still just dump him.

So we can give Tyson Chandler the rest of the year off. That guy's body is breaking down. I would not be surprised to see Tyson medically retire this summer (and retain his salary of course).
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#74 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Fri Mar 16, 2018 7:54 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

So we can give Tyson Chandler the rest of the year off. That guy's body is breaking down. I would not be surprised to see Tyson medically retire this summer (and retain his salary of course).

I'd offer to buy him out if he wants to go provide leadership elsewhere. I think Alan demonstrated last year that he's a better player.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,403

Post#75 » by Revived » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:16 pm

Read on Twitter

Not sure how his debut went from being possibly yesterday to nearly a week later.

Sucks because Williams could’ve got some playing time in during the games Chriss will be suspended for.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,971

Post#76 » by garrick » Sat Mar 17, 2018 5:17 am

I would caution against expecting too much out of Alan, just like Ulis has proved to be mostly ineffective after the scouting reports for him highlighted his weaknesses the same could be said of Alan.

He can still rebound but opponents should know by now he isn't going to dunk over you like a typical big man.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#77 » by Bogyo » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:13 am

garrick wrote:I would caution against expecting too much out of Alan, just like Ulis has proved to be mostly ineffective after the scouting reports for him highlighted his weaknesses the same could be said of Alan.

He can still rebound but opponents should know by now he isn't going to dunk over you like a typical big man.

And this, people, is the reason why you don't give out multiple season contracts to marginal 3rd string players after 20-30 good games on crappy teams, especially when nobody is prepared for them in any way.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#78 » by bwgood77 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 7:13 pm

Bogyo wrote:
garrick wrote:I would caution against expecting too much out of Alan, just like Ulis has proved to be mostly ineffective after the scouting reports for him highlighted his weaknesses the same could be said of Alan.

And this, people, is the reason why you don't give out multiple season contracts to marginal 3rd string players after 20-30 good games on crappy teams, especially when nobody is prepared for them in any way.

Now we do it after 10 games or so.
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#79 » by bigfoot » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:48 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Neither Williams or Harrison are guaranteed contracts. Second year for Williams is not guaranteed and third year is a team option. Also, $5M for a center with soft hands and a soft touch around the basket is a good deal. We've paid "Hands of Stone" way too much for what we got.
garrick
Head Coach
And1: 2,971

Post#80 » by garrick » Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:53 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Bogyo wrote:

Neither Williams or Harrison are guaranteed contracts. Second year for Williams is not guaranteed and third year is a team option. Also, $5M for a center with soft hands and a soft touch around the basket is a good deal. We've paid "Hands of Stone" way too much for what we got.

Well he is less of a liability than Ulis as he can always just use his large size for rebounds so there is that.

For Ulis I thought he could be a 3rd string PG but now I am not even sure about that, he should be the 12th man off the bench IMO only used in select matchups.

Return to Phoenix Suns