And1: 9,092

Re: 2017 Offseason Speculation, Trade & Free Agency Ideas & Discussion 

Post#41 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 20, 2017 12:24 am

bwgood77 wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:Teams who might trade for Bledsoe

#5 Kings
#6 Magic
#7 Wolves

If we take Fox at #4, then Fultz, Fox, Ball will all be gone by 5.

That means the only PG prospects are Monk, Smith, and Ntilikina.

The Wolves may be VERY motivated given that the Kings and Magic may both take PG's.

One of Jackson, Issac, or Tatum could easily fall to 7. In addition, the Wolves need a vet PG. It just makes too much sense.

I doubt it. Maybe Sacramento's 10th pick if they take Isaac or Tatum at 5 and all the point guards are gone at 10. Fox seems like the perfect PG next to Hield though in Sacramento. If I were them I'd take Fox. The have a bunch of bigs already..if they wanted to add a sharpshooting big they can get Collins or Markkanen at 10.

In performing a real mock offseason the best Bledsoe offer I have gotten so far is #13, Mudiay and Barton. Which is interesting depending on who is there at 13. If Mudiay could back up Ulis and then later Mudiay finally breaks through that would be nice. I took Tatum at #4 but kind of regret it. Though I have a feeling no matter who I took I would kind of regret it.

I think Dallas is the dark horse here. They have salary to give in PF Powell/DHarris(who has a non guaranteed deal) and #9. They could easily get closed out of drafting the top PGs. Their option to upgrade a very needed position is the costly free agent route.

Cuban could get creative and add both Bled and BGriffin to make another run.....
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#42 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:32 am

Frank Lee wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
LukasBMW wrote:Teams who might trade for Bledsoe

#5 Kings
#6 Magic
#7 Wolves

If we take Fox at #4, then Fultz, Fox, Ball will all be gone by 5.

That means the only PG prospects are Monk, Smith, and Ntilikina.

The Wolves may be VERY motivated given that the Kings and Magic may both take PG's.

One of Jackson, Issac, or Tatum could easily fall to 7. In addition, the Wolves need a vet PG. It just makes too much sense.

I doubt it. Maybe Sacramento's 10th pick if they take Isaac or Tatum at 5 and all the point guards are gone at 10. Fox seems like the perfect PG next to Hield though in Sacramento. If I were them I'd take Fox. The have a bunch of bigs already..if they wanted to add a sharpshooting big they can get Collins or Markkanen at 10.

In performing a real mock offseason the best Bledsoe offer I have gotten so far is #13, Mudiay and Barton. Which is interesting depending on who is there at 13. If Mudiay could back up Ulis and then later Mudiay finally breaks through that would be nice. I took Tatum at #4 but kind of regret it. Though I have a feeling no matter who I took I would kind of regret it.

I think Dallas is the dark horse here. They have salary to give in PF Powell/DHarris(who has a non guaranteed deal) and #9. They could easily get closed out of drafting the top PGs. Their option to upgrade a very needed position is the costly free agent route.

Cuban could get creative and add both Bled and BGriffin to make another run.....

Yes, I think Dallas makes sense as well, and NY even makes more sense than the teams originally listed. Logically, if Dallas wants to compete with Dirk in his last year and Barnes, Noel, Matthews, and Curry, then Bledsoe could give them a nice lead guard. Drafting Ntilikina or whoever is there for the pick wouldn't be a good pg fit compete now with those guys.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#43 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat May 20, 2017 2:34 am

I think far less teams are really going to go win now the next couple years because the warriors and cavs are just too **** good.

Dallas for instance. What would bledsoe really change for them? Maybe they make the playoffs then get trucked in the first round. Makes way more sense for them to hope to hit on this pick and add a core piece.

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,092

Post#44 » by Frank Lee » Sat May 20, 2017 2:38 am

Cuban likes to win
Blake is going to sign somewhere
What ? Me Worry ?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#45 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 20, 2017 3:11 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I think far less teams are really going to go win now the next couple years because the warriors and cavs are just too **** good.

Dallas for instance. What would bledsoe really change for them? Maybe they make the playoffs then get trucked in the first round. Makes way more sense for them to hope to hit on this pick and add a core piece.

I don't think fewer teams are going to try to win now unless they are getting old. Dallas is fairly young outside of Dirk and Bledsoe would give them a pretty competitive season and then if Dirk retires it could make a good case for them to make a pitch to a good PF FA the following year. I know they like Ntilikina but he is so raw that him actually playing with Dirk doesn't make a ton of sense as I don't think he's ready to start or probably even play major minutes yet. I do agree they SHOULD have rebuilt for post Dirk but they really couldn't while he was there taking less money so they could sign competitive players so now they have big money tied up in Barnes and Matthews and an impending deal with Noel. It would be smart for them to get Bledsoe's bird rights. Maybe they could get a guy like Griffin too while Bledsoe is still on his reasonable deal and Noel is on his rookie contract.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,102

Post#46 » by MrMiyagi » Sat May 20, 2017 3:15 am

Frank Lee wrote:Cuban likes to win
Blake is going to sign somewhere

With Cleveland, when the lose Round 3 to Golden State.
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#47 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sat May 20, 2017 5:15 am

I'm not saying this is likely but if there were to be a bledsoe blockbuster type deal the dark horse is Detroit for Drummond. This would be a complex deal with multiple pieces but I could see both sides having some interest.

For the suns they would get a young center whos under contract and would give them the rebounding they need with chriss and bender at the pf spot.

For Detroit I don't think van gundy loves Drummond and i pretty much know hes had it with Jackson and would like a different pg.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#48 » by Zelaznyrules » Sat May 20, 2017 5:33 am

Frank Lee wrote:Suppose Fox kills it in work outs.... suppose Jackson is gone at 3.... suppose Dallas has a standing offer for Bled for #9 and DPowell.... suppose we have no intention of paying Len 12Mill+ per year....

what do you suppose McDo does?

Draft Fox and Collins ??? Or even Jackson available at 4... take JJ and FrankNt ? Or stay the course and take Tatum or Isaac?

Make that Fox and Markkanen and I'm a happy camper. Fultz probably has the greatest chance at being the best player from this class but I really don't think DF's odds are much worse. He already does so many things on an NBA level, if he can become a shooting threat he's a complete player without any obvious flaws. I guess the same thing is true with Jackson, I just like De'Aaron's chances better. I like Collins too but I think Lauri will be the better pro.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#49 » by Bogyo » Sat May 20, 2017 7:50 am

Zelaznyrules wrote:
Frank Lee wrote:Suppose Fox kills it in work outs.... suppose Jackson is gone at 3.... suppose Dallas has a standing offer for Bled for #9 and DPowell.... suppose we have no intention of paying Len 12Mill+ per year....

Draft Fox and Collins ??? Or even Jackson available at 4... take JJ and FrankNt ? Or stay the course and take Tatum or Isaac?

Make that Fox and Markkanen and I'm a happy camper. Fultz probably has the greatest chance at being the best player from this class but I really don't think DF's odds are much worse. He already does so many things on an NBA level, if he can become a shooting threat he's a complete player without any obvious flaws. I guess the same thing is true with Jackson, I just like De'Aaron's chances better. I like Collins too but I think Lauri will be the better pro.

I'm not sure what McD does, but I really hopes he pulls the trigger, and my dream scenario would be JJ at the 4th and DSJ at 9. I know that s a pipe dream, but both guys could slip, and would be great steals/best value for "money" at those spots. Draft BAM at 32, let Len walk, trade Chandler to a contender at the deadline for a late first rounder, win the lottery despite odds, and pushing Miami out of the top 7 with the jump, and I'll just stop now, cuz I'm getting a boner by all these naughty thougts. :)
Waylay13
Rookie
And1: 904

Post#50 » by Waylay13 » Sat May 20, 2017 12:29 pm

if we trade Bled we are going to be in the lottery for Years longer. Even if we draft Fox he will be ripped apart for the first year due to his weight (170) and his game which is very much like bled in that he is a driver. So next years lottery looks to have some very nice centers for us to be thinking about.

Just say no to idiots!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#51 » by bwgood77 » Sat May 20, 2017 4:33 pm

Bogyo wrote:
Zelaznyrules wrote:

I'm not sure what McD does, but I really hopes he pulls the trigger, and my dream scenario would be JJ at the 4th and DSJ at 9. I know that s a pipe dream, but both guys could slip, and would be great steals/best value for "money" at those spots. Draft BAM at 32, let Len walk, trade Chandler to a contender at the deadline for a late first rounder, win the lottery despite odds, and pushing Miami out of the top 7 with the jump, and I'll just stop now, cuz I'm getting a boner by all these naughty thougts. :)

That would be an ideal and exciting draft. DS Jr might end up being the most exciting player from this draft. He seems pretty risky but with the explosiveness and complete offensive game, it would be pretty nice, as long as he was unselfish and wasn't a slouch on defense.
Sunzgunz
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#52 » by Sunzgunz » Sun May 21, 2017 1:22 am

Waylay13 wrote:if we trade Bled we are going to be in the lottery for Years longer. Even if we draft Fox he will be ripped apart for the first year due to his weight (170) and his game which is very much like bled in that he is a driver. So next years lottery looks to have some very nice centers for us to be thinking about.

This was my only saving grace for not winning this years lottery. If we're gonna win, let's do it next year, or the following when u have more clear cut #1 type guys....bigs at that.

In fact, let's take care of all perimeter players now while the draft is deep in this area and cross our fingers for top 3 picks the next two years (a la Orlando magic) when the draft has clear cut top bugs.

Balance out our roster and let the dynasty play itself out :)

Keeping talking dirty bogyo, giving us both basketball boners :)
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#53 » by DaleyBlind » Sun May 21, 2017 1:47 am

Trading Bledsoe to Dallas for #9 is a no brainer for me. I dont want to pay Bledsoe 20+ mill plus when his deal is up with those knees.
You get another top 10 pick this year and just about ensures a top 5 pick in 2018.
Bogyo
Analyst
And1: 2,254

Post#54 » by Bogyo » Sun May 21, 2017 7:46 am

DaleyBlind wrote:Trading Bledsoe to Dallas for #9 is a no brainer for me. I dont want to pay Bledsoe 20+ mill plus when his deal is up with those knees.
You get another top 10 pick this year and just about ensures a top 5 pick in 2018.

So you are trying to say we'll end up 5th in a 4 man (Porter, Bamba, Ayton, Doncic) lottery? :lol:
Sounds like the Suns to me! :roll:
DaleyBlind
Veteran
And1: 1,832

Post#55 » by DaleyBlind » Sun May 21, 2017 8:04 am

Bogyo wrote:
DaleyBlind wrote:Trading Bledsoe to Dallas for #9 is a no brainer for me. I dont want to pay Bledsoe 20+ mill plus when his deal is up with those knees.

So you are trying to say we'll end up 5th in a 4 man (Porter, Bamba, Ayton, Doncic) lottery? :lol:
Sounds like the Suns to me! :roll:

Just being realistic :lol:
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Post#56 » by Saberestar » Sun May 21, 2017 11:37 am

Gambo mentioned the other day a couple names that we can probably want to add in FA.

The more realistic is Jonathon Simmons, who is a RFA. He can give us depth at SG and he can play some minutes at SF too.

He named Millsap (less realistic because of his age and money) and Joe Ingles if we do not draft an SF and we can add a veteran role player.

Simmons would be an upgrade over Barbosa and DJJ in my opinion and he is just 27 years old.

He knows Watson already and he is good defensively so I would be OK signing him.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#57 » by NTB » Sun May 21, 2017 4:37 pm

Read on Twitter

carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
Son of Ra
Rookie
And1: 973

Post#58 » by Son of Ra » Sun May 21, 2017 5:02 pm

NTB wrote:
Read on Twitter

I am so, so scared it's Drummond. But then again McD is an advanced stats guy so I don't see why or how he would want him (trying to calm myself down here).
Sunzgunz
Sophomore
And1: 125

Post#59 » by Sunzgunz » Sun May 21, 2017 5:35 pm

Son of Ra wrote:
NTB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Not that's a metaphorical boner! And if u tell me it's a 3way and we wind up with the biggest package, I'll pre edraftulate the biggest scorgasm now!

This is straight BBC! Basketball chat :)
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Post#60 » by Fo-Real » Sun May 21, 2017 7:43 pm

Saberestar wrote:Gambo mentioned the other day a couple names that we can probably want to add in FA.

The more realistic is Jonathon Simmons, who is a RFA. He can give us depth at SG and he can play some minutes at SF too.

He named Millsap (less realistic because of his age and money) and Joe Ingles if we do not draft an SF and we can add a veteran role player.

Simmons would be an upgrade over Barbosa and DJJ in my opinion and he is just 27 years old.

He knows Watson already and he is good defensively so I would be OK signing him.

Simmons would be a lucky get, I see him as more of a Sf. Going against Leonard for a couple years has improved his game, he was already an athletic freak.

Return to Phoenix Suns