ImageImageImage

Josh Jackson discussion, highlights, etc

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Can Josh Jackson turn this season around and be a productive player?

Not likely
48%
Yes give him some time
52%

Total votes: 98

Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,911

Re: WELCOME JOSH JACKSON! 

Post#141 » by Fo-Real » Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:16 am

Sorry MODS, knee-jerk reaction. Rookie level on my part.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#142 » by MathiasPW » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:23 pm

I like this troll. Can we keep him?

He needs us in his life.
Waylay13
Rookie
And1: 904

Post#143 » by Waylay13 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:04 pm

Dubcity33 wrote:Lol look at all you clowns waxing lyrical about this Jackson kid. You guys are making out like you just drafted LeBron James.

Newsflash you drafted a scrub. The guy can't shoot, look at his abysmal free throw rate. They way you guys all gloat you'd think that you aren't the 2nd worst team in the league lol.

Jackson ain't pushing the needle your team still blows and lol at you guys making Bledsoe your franchise player, slim pickings huh fellas? Lmao.

You know I am trying to make up my mind as to what is sadder the 4th winningest team in NBA history having a draft that makes them feel like the future is bright again or a little person thinking that if they attach themselves to a winning team and slam other teams that they are some how a better person.... Oh wait never mind if it some how makes you feel better that is all that matters as long as you don't hurt yourself.

Just say no to idiots!!
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#144 » by NTB » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:39 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#145 » by NTB » Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:55 am

Read on Twitter
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#146 » by MathiasPW » Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:07 pm

NTB wrote:
Read on Twitter

Kinda lazy film-study there, but it shows why Jackson has to be a starter. He complements the (lack of) playmaking of Bledsoe much better, while
Warren needs a better playmaker like Ullis feeding him when he cuts.

Both Bledsoe and Jackson are good enough spot-up 3 point shooters (I think, at least...) to be a threat when the other is leading a fast break, so they really can share these duties when playing together.
Biggest beneficiary: Booker and Chris.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,447

Post#147 » by Revived » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:23 pm

Fo-Real wrote:Sorry MODS, knee-jerk reaction. Rookie level on my part.

I loved your response :lol:
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#148 » by jcsunsfan » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:37 am

Hmm. Could Jackson play the point in the future? Yes I mean full-time. Other players have made that transition. The Freak did it.
Mr Puddles
Assistant Coach
And1: 10,158

Post#149 » by Mr Puddles » Fri Jun 30, 2017 7:10 am

jcsunsfan wrote:Hmm. Could Jackson play the point in the future? Yes I mean full-time. Other players have made that transition. The Freak did it.

As a point forward, sure I don't see why not. Our team seems to be transitioning to a more fluid type of positionless style of basketball, so i don't see the need for our point guard to be the primary facilitator on offense. Bender, Chriss, Booker have show potential to be good facilitators as well - so I could see us running offensive set with either one of those guys being the main catalyst, making our offense all the more difficult to predict.
Spoiler:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#150 » by bwgood77 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:21 pm

I don't know if this was ever posted. I meant to post it like a week ago...

Jackson, an intense competitor and athletic two-way player, was a 2017 Wooden All-America selection and the Big 12 Freshman of the Year in his lone season at Kansas. At 6-8 and 207 pounds, the 20-year-old utilized his all-around game to help the Jayhawks win a Big 12 title, averaging 16.3 points on 51.3 percent shooting, 7.4 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.7 steals and 1.1 blocks over 35 contests. With the versatility to play multiple positions, Jackson can create for himself and his teammates on the offensive end while possessing the ability to be elite on the defensive end.

“I think the fact that he was drafted fourth in this draft will motivate him even more,” McDonough said. “Just getting to know him over the past couple months and watching him play, I think he feels he’s the best player in this draft class. My guess is he will try to set out to start proving that when we go up to Las Vegas and start Summer League.”

Born in San Diego and raised in Detroit, Jackson completed his high school career at Prolific Prep in Napa, California. A McDonald’s High School All-American, Jackson has won three gold medals with USA Basketball, earning gold at the 2015 FIBA U19 World Championship, the 2014 FIBA U17 World Championship and the 2013 FIBA Americas U16 Championship. During his one season in Lawrence, he broke or tied four Kansas freshman records with 13 double-doubles, 220 field goals made, 429 field goals attempted and 258 rebounds (tying former Suns forward Danny Manning’s mark set in 1984-85).

http://www.nba.com/suns/draft/phoenix-suns-select-josh-jackson-fourth-overall
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man
And1: 793

Post#151 » by GlenRiceARoni » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:19 am

I really like josh jackson.

Good looking group on young guys in phoenix right now.

If theyd kept that dang Lakers pick theyd really have something though

"Get Out the Way, Let the Real F. Ballas thru" - Juvenile
Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#152 » by Zelaznyrules » Mon Jul 3, 2017 5:27 am

GlenRiceARoni wrote:I really like josh jackson.

We all wish we had kept it but, since it has yet to convey, all we'd really have is one more pick in our future. Who knows what it will be worth next season although right now it certainly looks to be worth far more than Brandon Knight.
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,171

Post#153 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:15 am

Haven't you heard? Lonzo Ball is taking the Lakers to the playoffs in a stacked western conference. Once Knight wins his 6th man of the year award this season, it'll make McD look like a GENIUS!
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
MrMiyagi
Suns Forum Eternal Optimist
And1: 7,171

Post#154 » by MrMiyagi » Mon Jul 3, 2017 6:23 am

Mr Puddles wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:Hmm. Could Jackson play the point in the future? Yes I mean full-time. Other players have made that transition. The Freak did it.

As a point forward, sure I don't see why not. Our team seems to be transitioning to a more fluid type of positionless style of basketball, so i don't see the need for our point guard to be the primary facilitator on offense. Bender, Chriss, Booker have show potential to be good facilitators as well - so I could see us running offensive set with either one of those guys being the main catalyst, making our offense all the more difficult to predict.

I'm hoping for a Warriors-extralite vibe this season on offense. We don't have the sure-fire shooters yet, but I hope we see a lot of guy with decent assists numbers
Suns traded Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder and 4 1st round picks and a swap so some Vegas Bookies would like us.
Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent. - Isaac Asimov
Let us sing when we can, and forget the rest. - H.P. Lovecraft
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru

Post#155 » by NTB » Mon Jul 3, 2017 12:12 pm

Jaylen Brown (NCAA) --> 29.4% 3pt - 65.4% FT
Jaylen Brown (NBA) --> 34.1% 3pt - 68.5% FT

Josh Jackson (NCAA) --> 37.3% 3pt - 56.6% FT
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: WELCOME JOSH JACKSON! 

Post#156 » by GlenRiceARoni » Mon Jul 3, 2017 7:50 pm

Zelaznyrules wrote:

We all wish we had kept it but, since it has yet to convey, all we'd really have is one more pick in our future. Who knows what it will be worth next season although right now it certainly looks to be worth far more than Brandon Knight.

It would have allowed you to get fultz instead of jackson was my point.

GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Post#157 » by GlenRiceARoni » Mon Jul 3, 2017 7:52 pm

MrMiyagi wrote:

Haven't you heard? Lonzo Ball is taking the Lakers to the playoffs in a stacked western conference. Once Knight wins his 6th man of the year award this season, it'll make McD look like a GENIUS!

Lonzo is likely going to be a hall of famer. They wont make the playoffs this year but The lakers are going to be good pretty quickly with their cap space and prospects.

If they didn't buy deng and mozgov theyd be building an instant contender with max space for 3 guys

Zelaznyrules
Sixth Man
And1: 995

Post#158 » by Zelaznyrules » Mon Jul 3, 2017 8:10 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Zelaznyrules wrote:

Well, I think that's a negative and is a point in favor of the Knight trade. I'd take Jackson straight up over Fultz so no way would I want to pay a premium to grab Markelle. And while I'm very hopeful, I'm far from convinced that Jackson is the real deal. Besides, if we really wanted Fultz, I'm pretty sure we had more than enough assets to make it happen.
GlenRiceARoni
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: WELCOME JOSH JACKSON! 

Post#159 » by GlenRiceARoni » Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:01 pm

Zelaznyrules wrote:
GlenRiceARoni wrote:
Zelaznyrules wrote:

Well, I think that's a negative and is a point in favor of the Knight trade. I'd take Jackson straight up over Fultz so no way would I want to pay a premium to grab Markelle. And while I'm very hopeful, I'm far from convinced that Jackson is the real deal. Besides, if we really wanted Fultz, I'm pretty sure we had more than enough assets to make it happen.

Fultz is the ideal complementary guard for booker. You guys really needed him

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#160 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 3, 2017 9:39 pm

GlenRiceARoni wrote:
MrMiyagi wrote:

Lonzo is likely going to be a hall of famer. They wont make the playoffs this year but The lakers are going to be good pretty quickly with their cap space and prospects.

If they didn't buy deng and mozgov theyd be building an instant contender with max space for 3 guys

Most everyone here had Fultz #1 and I've already mentioned we could have made that trade up if not for the Knight deal. However, even if we did still have that pick I'd rather have Jackson and another chance to add Doncic, Ayton or Porter next year than just having Fultz. lakers will still be one of worst in West.

Return to Phoenix Suns