Read on Twitter
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Re: Alec Peters Thread 

Post#62 » by bigfoot » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually think it would be better to send Bender to the NAZ Suns and give Peters some burn. Maybe build some confidence for Bender and see what we really have in Peters. If after 45 days, we had to waive Len to make room for Peters I wouldn't blink.
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#63 » by nevetsov » Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 am

Good grief. Good for him, but what are we going to do with 3 young PFs, especially when we have a veteran at the spot who we can't help but give minutes to as well?
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#64 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:00 pm

nevetsov wrote:Good grief. Good for him, but what are we going to do with 3 young PFs, especially when we have a veteran at the spot who we can't help but give minutes to as well?

The best player gets the minutes--regardless of where he was drafted. Great teams are built on competition, inside and outside.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,406

Post#65 » by Revived » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:53 am

bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Actually think it would be better to send Bender to the NAZ Suns and give Peters some burn. Maybe build some confidence for Bender and see what we really have in Peters. If after 45 days, we had to waive Len to make room for Peters I wouldn't blink.

Send Josh Jackson with Bender too.
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Re: RE: Re: Alec Peters Thread 

Post#66 » by carey » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:47 pm

Revived wrote:
bigfoot wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I'm down. I'd bet money he could give us the same production as Bender & maybe even Chriss.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Alec Peters Thread 

Post#67 » by MathiasPW » Wed Dec 13, 2017 11:53 pm

carey wrote:
Revived wrote:
bigfoot wrote:

I'm down. I'd bet money he could give us the same production as Bender & maybe even Chriss.
On offense, maybe. Definitely not on defense
carey
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,934

Post#68 » by carey » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:35 am

MathiasPW wrote: Definitely not on defense

Who knows? Maybe he's a better team defender than Bender? Bender has great individual instincts, but that's about it. It's part of the reason his +/- is so brutal.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#69 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:15 pm

carey wrote:
MathiasPW wrote: Definitely not on defense

Who knows? Maybe he's a better team defender than Bender? Bender has great individual instincts, but that's about it. It's part of the reason his +/- is so brutal.

Bender's +/- was actually quite good to start the season, if I recall. Seems to me that about 15 or so games ago, Dragan started coming into the game with notably low energy. For a number of those games, our second unit came in and immediately started giving up turnovers and transition points - typically not principally due to Dragan, but involving some horrendous +/- stretches. In some of those games Dragan did not get an opportunity to improve upon those results later in the game. For comparison's sake, Josh gets more opportunities despite bad stretches, because he plays with energy, even if that energy is somewhat destructive to the team. (I don't mind this, for what it's worth. I think it's good for JJ's development.)

Another issue is that the chemistry just isn't great right now, due to our lack of (1) a solid true big, which it seems pretty clear to me is the ideal pairing for Dragan - Alan will be better, I think, and (2) an off-the ball PG, both because such a player would be more likely to put the ball in Dragan's hands and because Dragan will thrive playing with cutters and other players who can take advantage of the spacing Dragan creates and his passing abilities.

Dragan's played with much better energy these last two games. It's allowed Triano to keep him on the court.

I'm actually rather excited about Dragan, if you can't tell.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#70 » by jcsunsfan » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:01 pm

Peters is supposed to be a pretty good team defender. Why would anyone just assume he is not better than Chriss? Chriss is horrible as a defender.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
bigfoot
Suns Forum Anti-Tank Commander
And1: 6,167

Post#71 » by bigfoot » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:51 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:Peters is supposed to be a pretty good team defender. Why would anyone just assume he is not better than Chriss? Chriss is horrible as a defender.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Absolutely ... Chriss get's lost all the time on defense. Peters needs some burn at the expense of Chriss or Bender. He is certainly a better rebounder than both of them and shoots very well from three.
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#72 » by MathiasPW » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:06 pm

He is slow. Very slow. Can't provide help defense or cover guards on PnR.

I'm not against giving him some burn. But it looks the preference here is just due to the unknown factor
QAZ
Ballboy
And1: 2

PETERS 

Post#73 » by QAZ » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:42 pm

MOVING ON. With Chriss and Bender being total non-factors maybe its time to give Peters a chance if the Suns are going to continue with this time-line garbage. I am not opposed to trading Chriss, Bender or Jackson to get a quality PG who can pass and move the ball and a proven PF. Booker and Warren need some help NOW.

If Chriss, Bender and Jackson don't become anything other than a bench player, the Suns will be losers for many more years.

Assuming we can get extended contracts wouldn't it be nice to have Rubio, Booker, Warren, Faried and Monroe/Chandler

Time to stop this time-line mind set. What the Suns are doing is creating a losing culture.

LF22 - I merged your thread with an existing Alex Peters thread. Bit redundant to have two
Last edited by lilfishi22 on Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reason for merged topic
Villalobos
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,266

Post#74 » by Villalobos » Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:58 pm

Peters looking pretty good, though it's the G-League.

over 15 games: 17ppg, 7.8 rpg, 39.3% from 3, 81% FT

dude's shot is crazy quick and automatic, especially for a big

a -2.3 DBPM tho...
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,687

Post#75 » by Qwigglez » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:03 pm

He knows he can shoot and shoots unconsciously. If Bender could just shoot without thinking like Peters I think he'd be averaging at least double figures. Anyway, Peters is playing well in the G-League, and I wouldn't be surprised especially the way the league is trending, for him to at the very least be a serviceable backup/bench warmer in the league.
Hesh
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,142

Post#76 » by Hesh » Sat Dec 23, 2017 7:59 pm

Wow he has a super quick release for a big and shoots without hesitation. He doesn't seem phased by defenders closing out on him. Need him on the 2nd unit.
RaisingArizona
RealGM
And1: 7,101

Post#77 » by RaisingArizona » Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:06 am

Telly 2.0
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#78 » by gaspar » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 am

Hopefully Peters gets his chance in the NBA in March-April and we can see whether it's worth to give him a real NBA contract next season. If Ryan Anderson and Mirza can be starters in the NBA, there's surely a place at the end of the bench for someone like Peters.

Return to Phoenix Suns