ImageImageImage

NBA Draft and NCAA Basketball

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who would you take at 3 if Ayton/Doncic gone?

Bamba
13%
Bagley
16%
Jackson
13%
Porter
36%
Young
23%

Total votes: 70

darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Re: NBA Draft and NCAA Basketball 

Post#681 » by darealjuice » Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:40 pm

Read on Twitter

Supposedly Porter could be out there in the next 4 weeks? Be nice to get a good look at him against college competition, hope he's not rushing back to soon though.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#682 » by Desertfox » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:34 pm

Who else would love to get Mikal Bridges with our possible 2nd pick?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,461

Post#683 » by bwgood77 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:41 pm

baldur wrote:so you can have possibly three top 11 picks in this draft? is that correct? but i think milwaukee pick is unlikely conveying this season.

Yes
AtheJ415
Head Coach
And1: 5,359

Post#684 » by AtheJ415 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:56 pm

Desertfox wrote:Who else would love to get Mikal Bridges with our possible 2nd pick?

I like him but I think we are likely grabbing a PG or a C at that spot.

If we get a top 5 pick, which I believe we will, then we are in all likelihood taking a big man, with a small possibility of lucking into pick 1 and getting Doncic, who is a wing though he can act as a primary creator.

If we get a big man or Doncic, we still have a gaping hole at wing and 2 or 3 PGs who will possibly be there with our 2nd pick in Young, Sexton, and to a lesser extent Duval. With how our lineup currently is, we are pretty set at the 2/3 between Booker, Jackson, and Warren, though we would make room for a guy like Doncic and I can get the argument that we could use Bridges. We also have Reed, who looked like a good role player in the limited time he saw prior to injury.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#685 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:32 pm

Interesting read about Trae Young perhaps being a generational shooter and the company he finds himself in when looking at statistics... https://www.thestepien.com/2017/12/11/can-trae-young-generational-shooter/
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#686 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Thu Dec 14, 2017 8:18 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Interesting read about Trae Young perhaps being a generational shooter and the company he finds himself in when looking at statistics... https://www.thestepien.com/2017/12/11/can-trae-young-generational-shooter/

Wow. That was easy. I'm sold.

Here's hoping he doesn't leapfrog over us and out of our range.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#687 » by Kerrsed » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:33 pm

Ive been telling everyone, Young is the Real Deal!

The sad thing is that he was flying way under the radar (And is still ranked lower than he should on most mocks), but i was holding out hope people were still sleeping on him and we could get him with our 2nd pick, but i dont see anyway now. If we take him its going to have to be with where ever our 1st pick lands.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#688 » by gaspar » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:34 pm

Read on Twitter
Sunsss
Analyst
And1: 1,074

Post#689 » by Sunsss » Thu Dec 14, 2017 10:36 pm

^^ To be honest players always slip on that area in Europe because of the ads they put there. Although I watched the game and he played well. Kid can't do wrong:

Read on Twitter
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#690 » by Damkac » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 pm

I wouldn't be surprised at all if Suns will draft better player with Miami pick than with their own pick.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#691 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 11:27 pm

bhawk wrote:
Fischella wrote:
bhawk wrote:
Quick fun exercise. Rank Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, DSJ, Issac vs. your 2018 top ten + Chriss and Bender. Here is mine:

Luka Doncic
Michael Porter Jr.

Markelle Fultz
Dennis Smith Jr.

Jayson Tatum
Marvin Bagley III
Miles Bridges

Lonzo Ball
Trae Young

Jonathan Isaac
Jaren Jackson Jr.
DeAndre Ayton
Collin Sexton

Mo Bamba
Mikal Bridges
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson

Marquese Chriss

Hard to do, but that'd be mine

Thx Fische! Great perspective. It will be fun to watch this 2018 group develop. Should be a great draft class.

So if we stick to trends and this list, we will add Mo Bamba and Mikal Bridges this year. to complete the bottom portion of the group.
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,816

Post#692 » by Saberestar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 1:13 pm

Read on Twitter
MathiasPW
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,805

Post#693 » by MathiasPW » Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Hey David Pick, get your letters right. Everyone knows it's PHX! And we love it!
bhawk
Pro Prospect
And1: 713

Post#694 » by bhawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 3:16 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bhawk wrote:Quick fun exercise. Rank Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, DSJ, Issac vs. your 2018 top ten + Chriss and Bender.
Fischella wrote:Here is mine:

Luka Doncic
Michael Porter Jr.

Markelle Fultz
Dennis Smith Jr.

Jayson Tatum
Marvin Bagley III
Miles Bridges

Lonzo Ball
Trae Young

Jonathan Isaac
Jaren Jackson Jr.
DeAndre Ayton
Collin Sexton

Mo Bamba
Mikal Bridges
Dragan Bender
Josh Jackson

Marquese Chriss

Hard to do, but that'd be mine

Thx Fische! Great perspective. It will be fun to watch this 2018 group develop. Should be a great draft class.

So if we stick to trends and this list, we will add Mo Bamba and Mikal Bridges this year. to complete the bottom portion of the group.

Mikal is trending up. Jury is out on Bamba, but there is no denying his length on D. I'm a big fan of Wendell Carter and have him over Bamba. Lets fuel up the tank for Ayton, Porter, Bagley or Donic. It is looking like a 4 deep top with Jaren Jackson and Trae Young as 5 and 6 wildcards.

What is telling about this exercise is that all of the 2018 prospects are ranked higher than Chriss, Jackson, Bender by consensus. It is exciting to know that the Suns are well positioned (by way of the Tank) to SIGNIFICANTLY improve the team this summer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#695 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:10 pm

bhawk wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bhawk wrote:Quick fun exercise. Rank Fultz, Ball, Tatum, Jackson, DSJ, Issac vs. your 2018 top ten + Chriss and Bender.

Mikal is trending up. Jury is out on Bamba, but there is no denying his length on D. I'm a big fan of Wendell Carter and have him over Bamba. Lets fuel up the tank for Ayton, Porter, Bagley or Donic. It is looking like a 4 deep top with Jaren Jackson and Trae Young as 5 and 6 wildcards.

What is telling about this exercise is that all of the 2018 prospects are ranked higher than Chriss, Jackson, Bender by consensus. It is exciting to know that the Suns are well positioned (by way of the Tank) to SIGNIFICANTLY improve the team this summer.

A large part of the reason they are ranked higher is because they are more unknown (obviously unknown against NBA competition) and the people already drafted are known commodities. Bagley reminds some of Jackson in that he is all athleticism with no shot...and a a big is a tweener who doesn't defend or block shots. Potentially scary (in a bad way).
bhawk
Pro Prospect

Post#696 » by bhawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bhawk wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

A large part of the reason they are ranked higher is because they are more unknown (obviously unknown against NBA competition) and the people already drafted are known commodities. Bagley reminds some of Jackson in that he is all athleticism with no shot...and a a big is a tweener who doesn't defend or block shots. Potentially scary (in a bad way).

I agree that the grass is always greener and "potential" rules when it comes to NBA prospects this time of year. This exercise is kind of the known vs. the unknown. I do think that the 2018 class will be markedly better than the 2017 class and it won't be close. It is a fun debate and I'm holding out hope that whoever we draft in 2018 will be make an immediate impact and be better than Jackson, Chriss, and Bender.

On Bagley, I only watched one game, but man he looks legit. The Jackson comp is fair except Bagley is 6.11 vs. Jackson at 6.7? The quick twitch second jump is amazing and he really does play above the rim. Maybe Jonathan Issac is a better comp? Bagley looks much better and is (by consensus) regarded higher than both Jackson and Issac.
ATTL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,483

Post#697 » by ATTL » Fri Dec 15, 2017 4:57 pm

How many freshman bigs have average 21/11?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#698 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:03 pm

ATTL wrote:How many freshman bigs have average 21/11?

At least one even averaged more, like this guy, at 26 and 12 https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/michael-beasley-1.html
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#699 » by gaspar » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Bagley is 3rd since 1992/93. The other two are Durant and Beasley.
bhawk
Pro Prospect

Post#700 » by bhawk » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:29 pm

gaspar wrote:

Bagley is 3rd since 1992/93. The other two are Durant and Beasley.

Beasely is shorter. Not sure if it helps or hurts Bagely's case, but he is playing next to one of the best rebounders in the country in Wendell Carter.

Return to Phoenix Suns