Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: Preseason Game #3 : Utah Jazz @ Phoenix Suns 

Post#181 » by Kerrsed » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:13 am

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

He used to have a good arch on his shot.

So its weird that now when he shoots a three it looks like a bullet pass to the rim. No arch, just as flat as Kyrie Irvings Earth.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#182 » by Mulhollanddrive » Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:09 pm

Saric also has a flat shot and it reflects in his 3PT %.

The Len / Bender foreshadowing isn't great if it turns out similar, the Euro bust narrative tends to stick around a fan base.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#183 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:59 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

I guess it might be good to improve his 3 pt shot since he needs to, but he should be able to do that some in practice. Though they should set up a play or two to get him an easy bucket inside first to gain some confidence before launching up 3s. That's probably not ultimately the best use for him but if that's what they want him to do, he shouldn't hesitate so much.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#184 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

He used to have a good arch on his shot.

So its weird that now when he shoots a three it looks like a bullet pass to the rim. No arch, just as flat as Kyrie Irvings Earth.

They did before last night but his one three attempt last night looked ok in that regard, though he missed.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#185 » by jcsunsfan » Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:57 pm

Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ugh. Inside out, not outside in. C'mon Earl!
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#186 » by NavLDO » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:42 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Anyone remember in the draft how JJ's biggest knocks were his shooting and having no 3 point shot?

Yep. Him hitting 3s is a nice surprise. Now, if someone could teach him to not give the ball away to the opposing team, we'd be in business! :lol:

Seriously though, 17 TOs in 3 games is not a good look. He's obviously amped up, and just being a little careless; that should fix itself over time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#187 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:48 pm

NavLDO wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:Anyone remember in the draft how JJ's biggest knocks were his shooting and having no 3 point shot?

Yep. Him hitting 3s is a nice surprise. Now, if someone could teach him to not give the ball away to the opposing team, we'd be in business! :lol:

Seriously though, 17 TOs in 3 games is not a good look. He's obviously amped up, and just being a little careless; that should fix itself over time.

That's almost Harden level. Harden luckily had one game against Shanghai though and only had 1 turnover. In the other two games against NBA teams, he had 7 in each.

Two games on espn tonight. One being the Lakers and Jazz. Will be interesting to see how the Lakers play against them after watching our squad play them. Ball is day to day though so may not play, as is Bogut (hadn't even realized he was playing for them).
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#188 » by Puff » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:07 am

jcsunsfan wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah

What I really like about Bender is his size and the ability to handle the ball. I would much rather see Bender going to the hoop and drawing contact then jacking up 10 three pointers per game.

I have given up on Wooden as our Coach. We have to be the joke of the league. It appears that this is going to be another gruesome season with little or no player or team development.

How in the world does Watson keep his job. The sad part is that it seems like some/most give him a pass. He has to have the worst win/loss percentage for a coach that has not been fired in league history. It is going to get worse, or so it appears.

Not much fun being a Phoenix Sun fan.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#189 » by bwgood77 » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:16 am

Puff wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:
Saberestar wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yeah

What I really like about Bender is his size and the ability to handle the ball. I would much rather see Bender going to the hoop and drawing contact then jacking up 10 three pointers per game.

I have given up on Wooden as our Coach. We have to be the joke of the league. It appears that this is going to be another gruesome season with little or no player or team development.

How in the world does Watson keep his job. The sad part is that it seems like some/most give him a pass. He has to have the worst win/loss percentage for a coach that has not been fired in league history. It is going to get worse, or so it appears.

Part of it is the excellence of most of the other coaches, but we have to find that. I don't mind trusting him a bit longer because he has the players. I will wait to see how hard they compete in the regular season. But Bender shooting 10 3's is not the answer. TJ makes a big difference as would Dudley with this team. Thank God we got a good shooter in Daniels.

I wouldn't expect to win regardless. D'Antoni would hate coaching these guys because there are no 3 pt shooters outside of Daniels and Booker...Jackson we will see despite his good preseason.

I will still hang a big hat on the fact this is one of the youngest cores playing ever. We wouldn't do much regardless of how good the coaching was, but the development would be properly done better.

For the record I am a huge D'Antoni fan and think he got a raw deal from Kerr who basically took much of his philosophy to the Warriors who had mostly already been defensive guys, but also all those guys are in their prime.

I don't expect a change, though Sarver may demand it if we start out terribly, like 5-20 or something, which wouldn't surprise me. It obviously won't hurt getting another great player next summer, but then we need to get the right coach if he hasn't made a difference by then.
Mulhollanddrive
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#190 » by Mulhollanddrive » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:35 pm

FO plan was to suck from 2017-2019 and I think that's what they will let happen.

They re-appointed Watson cheap for this period, paid minimum cap and overlooked 5 All-Stars in trades.

The only time they've talked about winning is in 2020 most likely with a new coach.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,639

Post#191 » by lilfishi22 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:22 am

Mulhollanddrive wrote:FO plan was to suck from 2017-2019 and I think that's what they will let happen.

They re-appointed Watson cheap for this period, paid minimum cap and overlooked 5 All-Stars in trades.

The only time they've talked about winning is in 2020 most likely with a new coach.

Sucking is 'fine' if their plan is for a higher pick. My issue is that in that time our young guys aren't developing as well as they should because our HC isn't a very good HC.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
Puff
Sixth Man
And1: 1,379

Post#192 » by Puff » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:55 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Puff wrote:
jcsunsfan wrote:

Yeah

Part of it is the excellence of most of the other coaches, but we have to find that. I don't mind trusting him a bit longer because he has the players. I will wait to see how hard they compete in the regular season. But Bender shooting 10 3's is not the answer. TJ makes a big difference as would Dudley with this team. Thank God we got a good shooter in Daniels.

I wouldn't expect to win regardless. D'Antoni would hate coaching these guys because there are no 3 pt shooters outside of Daniels and Booker...Jackson we will see despite his good preseason.

I will still hang a big hat on the fact this is one of the youngest cores playing ever. We wouldn't do much regardless of how good the coaching was, but the development would be properly done better.

For the record I am a huge D'Antoni fan and think he got a raw deal from Kerr who basically took much of his philosophy to the Warriors who had mostly already been defensive guys, but also all those guys are in their prime.

I don't expect a change, though Sarver may demand it if we start out terribly, like 5-20 or something, which wouldn't surprise me. It obviously won't hurt getting another great player next summer, but then we need to get the right coach if he hasn't made a difference by then.

We totally agree on D'Antoni but I am not comparing him to Mike. I just want to see our players improve while playing hard and smart on both ends of the court. I actually see them playing hard but see very little smart in their play. Back to MIke, he never told anyone to take 10 3 pointers. However he told everyone that the ball finds energy and to take good shots. If you watch Mike's teams, even when they were bad, they found and took good shots. Our current team generally takes poor shots while being worse defensively than any of Mike's teams. I want to see progress that is all.

Mike is just fine in Houston. It will be interesting as to how he manages the new additions he received this summer to a pretty good team. I think that they will be fun to watch even though I can't stand Chris Paul.
      "Fire Jones and Vogel. Hire a GM that can trade one or more of the Big Three that will allow us to be watchable again" :crazy:

Return to Phoenix Suns