bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,377

Season Speculation, Trade Ideas & Discussion Pt. 6 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 6:44 pm

Continued from.. viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1660409&start=1960#start_here

Revived wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I'm a little surprised at the poll results, unless it's just an AZ thing or an injury thing....because Parker last year was better than Gordon this year across the board...slightly fewer rebounds but better everywhere else and the much higher rated prospect. I guess Gordon is a tad better defensively.

http://bkref.com/tiny/sjppJ

Not that I'm sure I want either...certainly not enough to trade assets for if we can just give them a RFA offer.

Gordon is more than just a tad better defensively than Parker. Jabari is one of the worst defenders in the league at his position and Gordon at the worst can hold his own.

I'd only take Parker if it was for cheap.

in DRPM last year, considering they both played, Gordon ranked 67th in PFs for DRPM while Parker ranked 73rd. So however you want to classify that I guess. One of our own PFs was last though. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/year/2017/page/2/sort/DRPM/position/6 You are right about Parker being one of the worst, but so was Gordon.

This year Gordon is the 84th best PF in DRPM. http://www.espn.com/nba/statistics/rpm/_/page/3/sort/DRPM/position/6

So whatever you want to call it, it's not good, and being that bad defensively is not the type of guy a bad defensive team should want to pay max or near max money to.

Not that I want Parker, either..never been a big fan but liked him better last year when his 3pt shot got a lot better.
starbosa10
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,132

Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas & Discussion Pt. 5 

Post#2 » by starbosa10 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:01 pm

no thanks to AG
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: Season Speculation, Trade Ideas & Discussion Pt. 6 

Post#3 » by Kerrsed » Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:35 pm

Re posting due to thread lock:

Kerrsed wrote:Do the Celtics trade (Mimai 1st for Smart/Boston 1st).

Do the Bucks trade (Chandler for Thon/Mirza/Bucks 1st #17-25 protections removed).

Smart/Ulis/Knight
Booker/Daniels/Reed
Jackson/Warren/Dudley
Warren/Bender/Chriss/Mirza
Len/Thon/BigSauce

Go into the offseason with our 1st (Top 5), Bucks 1st (NOW 11-25), Celtics 1st (#28).

No big moves. Just little ones that net us young cheap players for our future.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
dremill24
Analyst
And1: 2,394

Post#4 » by dremill24 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:41 pm

Kerrsed wrote:Re posting due to thread lock:

Do the Bucks trade (Chandler for Thon/Mirza/Bucks 1st #17-25 protections removed).

Smart/Ulis/Knight
Booker/Daniels/Reed
Jackson/Warren/Dudley
Len/Thon/BigSauce

Go into the offseason with our 1st (Top 5), Bucks 1st (NOW 11-25), Celtics 1st (#28).

Why would the Bucks give us all that for Chandler?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by Kerrsed » Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:46 pm

dremill24 wrote:

Smart/Ulis/Knight
Booker/Daniels/Reed
Jackson/Warren/Dudley
Len/Thon/BigSauce

1. They want Chandler. They wanted him with the Bledsoe trade, and now they can get him to help with their playoff run, where he would be way more productive than Thon would be.
2. This was my idea based off a Bucks fan thread on the trade board titled, "Thon Maker for a ham sandwich... ".
3. Since we would be doing them yet another solid, they would change the pick protection for us.
4. They are pretty much trimming the fat (Thon) and dead weight (Mirza) for some actual stats that can be seen on the floor every night, and give them that veteran playoff presence.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
NavLDO
Suns Forum Defensive Player of the Year
And1: 1,425

Post#6 » by NavLDO » Sat Feb 3, 2018 7:55 pm

Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Saberestar wrote:Well, that is why I said "or even a little more". I would probably add another first round pick ( 2019 Suns Top 5 protected for two years and then unprotected) or change the trade offer and give them Chriss AND Bender.

I love the overall fit and his potential as a third scorer on this team.

So you'd trade all that for just matching rights? Would you trade Jackson?

What does Jackson have to do with any of this. We wouldn't trade JJ for AG, if we did the Magic would have to add value here. Or are you saying that it would likely take a top 5 pick to get the Magic to trade AG? Because even that isn't equal value.
If they are considering trading him it's because they don't want to give him a max, like you mentioned. Still, some team may offer him that and then the Magic would let him go for nothing, or they match a 4 year max, and during those 4 years are trying to develop Isaacs, their 2018 1st, and any other youngsters. It could be a waste of cap space especially if they don't believe in him to be that franchise cornerstone.
I could see the Magic trading him for one of Chriss/Bender, or Warren plus the Bucks and Heat pick, and the Suns top 5 protected 2019 pick. That's a good rebuilding package, though they likely want to trade a bad contract too, but I doubt they'd have any bidders then, or the package would be significantly less because then it would be roughly 30% of cap space to take on AG. And again I don't see any team making that kind of maneuver.

Also I think the package I mentioned would be far greater than what other teams would offer, and honestly don't think it will even take that much to get him.

OK, OK...I'll bite. We'll trade Warren + MIL 1st + PHX '18 2nd for AG...and...a 2-for-1 deal. The PHX 2016 1st Rd selections--the #4 and #8 overall picks for Isaac. I know, I know. Pretty insane that we would trade 2 x Top 10 picks for one player, but I'm willing to do it. They should jump at that 2nd offer...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
gaspar
Suns Forum Stat Stuffer
And1: 5,479

Post#7 » by gaspar » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:03 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
dremill24 wrote:

1. They want Chandler. They wanted him with the Bledsoe trade, and now they can get him to help with their playoff run, where he would be way more productive than Thon would be.
2. This was my idea based off a Bucks fan thread on the trade board titled, "Thon Maker for a ham sandwich... ".
3. Since we would be doing them yet another solid, they would change the pick protection for us.
4. They are pretty much trimming the fat (Thon) and dead weight (Mirza) for some actual stats that can be seen on the floor every night, and give them that veteran playoff presence.

You do realize that removing the protections is beneficial for the Bucks (very much so) and disadvantageous for the Suns, right?
There are better (and younger) prospects than Maker in the G-League.
Teletovic is just a waste of a roster spot. Chandler is actually a useful rotation player.
jcsunsfan
Head Coach
And1: 4,822

Post#8 » by jcsunsfan » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:22 pm

I am for following the Spurs model. Do not make pointless moves.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,204

Post#9 » by King4Day » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:23 pm

Woj said, on his podcast, that Boston would consider moving Smart for a 1st. Would anyone move the Miami or Bucks pick for him?
Not sure what he's going to command this summer.
Defensively we could use him. But would he stagnate our offense? What kind of PG is he? Can he pass?
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
Damkac
Analyst
And1: 2,901

Post#10 » by Damkac » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:23 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
dremill24 wrote:

Thay would get younger with trading Maker for Chandler :lol:
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#11 » by Kerrsed » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:26 pm

gaspar wrote:
Kerrsed wrote:
dremill24 wrote:

You do realize that removing the protections is beneficial for the Bucks (very much so) and disadvantageous for the Suns, right?
There are better (and younger) prospects than Maker in the G-League.
Teletovic is just a waste of a roster spot. Chandler is actually a useful rotation player.

I think that the Bucks will be in the playoff picture for the years to come and will only get better. This year i think they just slide into the playoffs. I also think that if you give Bledsoe a full training camp with them and their guys come back from injury at full speed (Brogdon/Parker) they are going to be a top team in the East, giving us a much worse draft pick in the future, so yeah, i'd rather have it now (Especially in this draft) rather than later.

As for Thin...i mean Thon, i think he needs a change of scenery. Throw him on the squad and give him some actual minutes. See what he has. He's a young (Somewhat lol) defensive 7 footer that can shoot 3's. Does he need to work on things? Yes. Does he still have potential? Yes. And as for your "Better prospects in the G-League", how do you think so? You cant compare what Thon does in the ACTUAL NBA to what guys do in the G-league. Its a whole different game with way way lessor talent. Thats why its very rare that you see a G-league guy come up and provide anything more than an ass to warm the bench.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by Kerrsed » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:29 pm

DarkHawk wrote:Woj said, on his podcast, that Boston would consider moving Smart for a 1st. Would anyone move the Miami or Bucks pick for him?
Defensibly we could use him. But would he stagnate our offense? What kind of PG is he? Can he pass?

He can pass some, he's averaging close to 5 assists and isnt the primary ball handler.

Pretty much you are getting one of the best defensive guards in the league.
Blackification
Head Coach
And1: 2,229

Post#13 » by Blackification » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:43 pm

I am starting to think we hit the worst case scenarios for all three of our draft picks in that 2016 draft. Other than significant injuries, which could at least be an excuse for disappointing play and attitude in the case of Chriss.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#14 » by BobbieL » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:48 pm

I think I would pass on the Chandler for Maker/Mirza deal - think Chandler still has some better value.

Now Chandler to the Twolves for Aldrich Bjelica- that isall cap space!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:54 pm

NavLDO wrote:
Qwigglez wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
So you'd trade all that for just matching rights? Would you trade Jackson?

What does Jackson have to do with any of this. We wouldn't trade JJ for AG, if we did the Magic would have to add value here. Or are you saying that it would likely take a top 5 pick to get the Magic to trade AG? Because even that isn't equal value.
If they are considering trading him it's because they don't want to give him a max, like you mentioned. Still, some team may offer him that and then the Magic would let him go for nothing, or they match a 4 year max, and during those 4 years are trying to develop Isaacs, their 2018 1st, and any other youngsters. It could be a waste of cap space especially if they don't believe in him to be that franchise cornerstone.
I could see the Magic trading him for one of Chriss/Bender, or Warren plus the Bucks and Heat pick, and the Suns top 5 protected 2019 pick. That's a good rebuilding package, though they likely want to trade a bad contract too, but I doubt they'd have any bidders then, or the package would be significantly less because then it would be roughly 30% of cap space to take on AG. And again I don't see any team making that kind of maneuver.

Also I think the package I mentioned would be far greater than what other teams would offer, and honestly don't think it will even take that much to get him.

OK, OK...I'll bite. We'll trade Warren + MIL 1st + PHX '18 2nd for AG...and...a 2-for-1 deal. The PHX 2016 1st Rd selections--the #4 and #8 overall picks for Isaac. I know, I know. Pretty insane that we would trade 2 x Top 10 picks for one player, but I'm willing to do it. They should jump at that 2nd offer...

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

They are definitely not trading Isaac. They sure as hell are not trading both. For Warren, Chriss and Bender. I don't know that they would trade Gordon for Warren, Chriss and Bender. I am not sure how much trade value Warren has. Not that I don't think he is on a great contract, but guys who can't shoot 3s or play D very well or get others involved regularly are not particularly in high demand. I don't think they have much our PFs have much trade value either. I think all those players have more value to us than what they would net in trade.

But like I said, I think they will keep Gordon. I'm surprised you are so down on our players you would trade them for a RFA anyway.
Jdiddy701
RealGM
And1: 6,542

Post#16 » by Jdiddy701 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 8:58 pm

Phoenix Suns plan to suspend forward Marquese Chriss for a game stemming from a verbal confrontation with an assistant coach, league sources tell ESPN.

I am pretty sure I saw it happen during broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 9:02 pm

jcsunsfan wrote:I am for following the Spurs model. Do not make pointless moves.

Couldn't agree more. It's nice to have continuity and a young players we can get vested in and our team can develop them. I think with the right coach and development, Jackson, Chriss and Bender can all turn into nice players. It's nice to see young players getting so much time. I think with gradual development and continued chemistry and the right draft additions, we can grow into a nice team that can compete. Add a FA at the right time. Maybe make a trade. Don't get all excited every time someone is mentioned they are on the block. They may be on the block for a good reason.
ImNotMcDiSwear
General Manager
And1: 6,087

Post#18 » by ImNotMcDiSwear » Sat Feb 3, 2018 9:03 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
DarkHawk wrote:Woj said, on his podcast, that Boston would consider moving Smart for a 1st. Would anyone move the Miami or Bucks pick for him?
Defensibly we could use him. But would he stagnate our offense? What kind of PG is he? Can he pass?

He can pass some, he's averaging close to 5 assists and isnt the primary ball handler.

Pretty much you are getting one of the best defensive guards in the league.

Just seems to me that there's a reason all these teams want to trade their RFAs --- they know a team like us is waiting to pounce in the offseason. That's the path I favor.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#19 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 9:04 pm

Defensively we could use him. But would he stagnate our offense? What kind of PG is he? Can he pass?

I'd have to know how much he'd cost. In theory, you'd think he could be good next to Booker being a defensive hound, but Booker also needs someone next to him who can stretch the floor. So I'm hesitant to trade for guys who can't shoot. We have enough problems there already being one of the worst 3pt shooting teams in the league.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 3, 2018 9:05 pm

Jdiddy701 wrote:Phoenix Suns plan to suspend forward Marquese Chriss for a game stemming from a verbal confrontation with an assistant coach, league sources tell ESPN.

I am pretty sure I saw it happen during broadcast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's too bad. And he played well.

Return to Phoenix Suns